Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I don't mind that he killed someone. I think it makes sense for him to do considering he's on edge. It's just that it felt waaaay too sloppy. Like how can he really expect nobody was going to walk into the baggage claim/lost baggage (can't remember what it was, doesn't matter) during the entire time he's in there?

It was outside the operational hours, I thought that was the point.

I don't mind that he killed someone. I think it makes sense for him to do considering he's on edge. It's just that it felt waaaay too sloppy. Like how can he really expect nobody was going to walk into the baggage claim/lost baggage (can't remember what it was, doesn't matter) during the entire time he's in there?

This. Sure it's risky, but he's not thinking clearly. We've seen that he needs to kill to be able to keep his shit together, and if we go back to last season (the episode with Brian), he kills that guy in the toilet stall on a whim.

Not sure I buy into him wanting to get caught though, because he has Harrison and he clearly cares very deeply about him.

I guess I didn't get that, but then again it seemed a little too early to be out of commission.

It did say that.

Which fits in with Dexter's kills when he's on edge.

I do agree with this too. In the first episode in the wake of Rita's death, he killed a guy by basically just losing his shit at him in a restroom. Dexter does get desperate and sloppy when things spiral out of his control sometimes.

Louis' whole reason for fucking with Dexter is because Dexter shit on his game. :lol:

Also, man, Tony's death was kind of brutal. I kind of figured they were going to kill him, but I really didn't see that coming - just BAM, a swift screwdriver jammed right through the eye and into his brain. Isaac's one cold mobster.

I also really like where they're going with Deb trying to "cure" Dexter, and questioning Harry's method of redirecting Dexter's "dark passenger". Speaking of Deb, she had some great lines last night too.

"You gave it a name?"

Louis' whole reason for fucking with Dexter is because Dexter shit on his game. :lol:

Also, man, Tony's death was kind of brutal. I kind of figured they were going to kill him, but I really didn't see that coming - just BAM, a swift screwdriver jammed right through the eye and into his brain. Isaac's one cold mobster.

I also really like where they're going with Deb trying to "cure" Dexter, and questioning Harry's method of redirecting Dexter's "dark passenger". Speaking of Deb, she had some great lines last night too.

"You gave it a name?"

That so wasn't why. That was a cover up. Also next week looks fucking insane. Can't wait,

I love how the cops in this show change from stupid to smart in this show whenever the storyline needs it.

I bet in the end something will happen that will cause to ask Herr Dexter for a kill of someone. Or she dies. Or both.

This. The serial killer who had the cops digging around mentioned how he and his woman went on this killing spree and he never felt more alive, made them love each other more, etc. I could see Deb trying to cure Dexter all while Dexter is trying to discreetly convert Deb. I imagine Deb will catch a really heinous murderer and he'll get off on a technicality and she'll just turn to Dexter and be like "Do your thing."

I don't know why but I just can't see it going that way. Deb is portrayed as too much of a straight lace to ever come around to doing that. She is begrudgingly attempting to accept that her brother is a serial killer, and only because she doesn't want to see him end up in the chair.

Right now I'm far more interested in how Laguerta is going to put the pieces together. It seems to have gone largely unnoticed but she's already connected the Travis Marshall scene to the Bay Harbour Butcher case and she was always adamant (and rightly so) that her good pal Doakes couldn't have been a serial killer.

Got to echo how brutal the kill on Tony was too. was expecting the henchman to gun him down or something, not a superquick jab through the eye with a screwdriver.

Didn't like Louis being killed off. I thought he was the most interesting thing coming out of Season 6. A nerd who is clearly capable of magical techy stuff who is obsessed with serial killers and has an outstanding grudge against Dexter. He'd have been a great villain if handled right. He wasn't though.

Didn't like Louis being killed off. I thought he was the most interesting thing coming out of Season 6. A nerd who is clearly capable of magical techy stuff who is obsessed with serial killers and has an outstanding grudge against Dexter. He'd have been a great villain if handled right. He wasn't though.

Agree completely. Massive shame. Could have been a real big story to have going on. Also how creepy was the killer, all dressed up in his gimp..viking..thing.

Maybe for the first time in this show that Ray Schpelzer guy had me saying "woah, this is some fucked up shit", that was horrendously weird and creepy. Maybe they killed Louis because they didn't want to juggle it alongside the Dex/Deb thing and these Russian mobsters. I agree though that it's a big shame he's dead, I'm assuming Dexter will find Louis' blood on his boat and that'll maybe alert him to the attention he's receiving from the mobsters, eventually. That or he's going to get fingered for Louis' murder somehow, hope not.

Another episode that I really enjoyed, can't wait to see where they take Deb's struggle with what Dexter does next. Hannah McKay is a curious character too, what significance to Dexter is she going to play in the future?

Whoever called the "someone walks from a horrid crime, and Deb sees Dexter as a necessary evil", kudos by the looks of things. I was glad they got rid of Louis, the character had potential, but the actor was horrible. Next on the "who gives a shit?" hit list - Jamie.

Guessing the blood on the boat is going to be found by Deb, and she's going to think that Dexter lied about not giving in to his urges. That or LaGuerta will for some reason find it.

I don't mind Louis dying, but I couldn't help but wonder how much more of a pain in the ass he'd have been had he lived - here's these scary ass mobsters asking why he killed Victor, and I assume would've been smart enough to put 2 + 2 together and figure out that Dexter is a killer. That might've brought new dimensions to the Louis/Dexter conflict rather than the hilariously dumb "You didn't like my game! JEEEEEEEERK!" thing.

Louis' death was pretty great though. JUst "Can I go now?" "Yeah." BLAM.

Sarah Walker! :wub: :wub: :wub: