Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I'm not sure why he was a stupid and unnecessary character. I will say I think a lot of what we are seeing is house cleaning from the last two seasons, and the last especially. If memory serves this year gave us a new show runner, plus they have an end in sight (finally). Maybe they too realize that last year was a mess and completely devoid of anything good. And another plus side is that thus far there has been no mention of Deb's love in a sexual or romantic way.

I was saddened by Louis' death because his story arc seemed to finally be heading into some rather interesting territory. His character wasn't all that bad, but it seemed like it was actually gonna go somewhere. Shame.

The whole Ray/Viking thing was pretty crazy. From the looks of the next episode, shit's gonna get real on that front.

And I think at this point Deb's love of Dexter has, for the most part, flamed out. This is just way too much for her to handle and it's WAY to close to what happened between her and Dexter's brother.

Ray Stevenson is bringin' it this season. I rather liked that Deb brought up how Dexter puts his loved ones in harm's way by pursuing these targets, and how he's responsible for Rita's death.

I'm assuming the twist with the Wayne Randall/Hannah McKay thing is going to be that Hannah was the one who really enjoyed doing the killing, not Wayne. Guessing Viktor was Isaac's son too, but that he was hiding it from everyone. Could've been lovers, though - I dunno.

Really good episode I thought.

Agree on the son thing. Lover, though? Maybe, hadn't thought of that. When we first met Hannah, I thought she'd be Dexter's love the way Julia Stiles' lady could have been. Hannah had been with a killer before, so could have accepted Dexter. Now, though.. I think yeah, she did the killing (or at least took the lead) & he went to prison to protect her and whatever. Could still wind up romantically involved, though.

Think the season has been fantastic so far and another awesome episode last night.

Agree regarding Hannah, clear that she's the one that was doing the killing or the one in 'control' of it all.

Was surprised they killed off Louis when they did too, though I expect it'll eventually lead somewhere considering they keep focusing on the blood dropping onto the boat of Dexter. Couple that with the fact what he screamed at Jamie in one of his final scenes, I'd expect something more will eventually come out of this. Possibly even Deb having to cover for him?

Feel like they're really building up to a final explosive season right now where everything will eventually come out to most.

Oh and Speltzer was a fucking awesome character. I agree with what somebody said about the bull scene reminding them a bit of SOTL. Brilliant character and scenes.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Another excellent episode, Isaac Sirko is turning into a brilliant villain. The way he coaxed the bartender into killing himself was chilling, a horrible scene in a very good way.

I hadn't really thought much into the whole Hannah thing, like Dexter I'm more quietly intrigued since her role has been so peripheral so far. Looks like that steps up next week though. I'm glad they're stepping up the Maria finding the blood slide thing next week too, can't wait for it. And I can still see Dexter being fingered for Louis' murder since they keep focusing on the blood drops on the boat, though nobody seems to have noticed his disappearance yet.

It's great that they're exploring the past series events too, like with Rita this week. The whole season 2 arc with Doakes is sure to be looked at properly too, maybe Dexter will reveal Lila's role in all of that to Deb at some point. They've already discussed ITK and Trinity. And this is without even touching upon Miguel Prado or the Jordan Chase debacle.

Loved that episode. "I'm still alive but I'm sure I won't like the reason why" was I great line. I hated the bartender scene though because it was so good. Great acting.

When I watch the show, I love it during the run of the season, and it's only when it gets to the last couple or ends that I decide if it was comparably good/bad. Jordan Chase series in hindsight was forgettable, and last season was a bit too, but I do like "mad religious guy" storylines. I can already tell, 4 episodes in, that this is going to be a great season.

FYI, season 3 is my favourite, the dynamic between Miguel and Dexter was great. Plus the "you got the ring? I GOT CITY FUCKING HALL!" scene.

To touch on the Isaac's son/lover story... The fact that he was "uninterested" in the women at the club while taking to Dexter makes me think that they were, in fact, lovers. But still am not certain.

And speaking of Isaac. This is a theory I have regarding what they showed as the preview to the next episode. Spoilered for those that don't want to read it:

The whole eye for an eye thing and Isaac apparently attacking someone at the bar makes me think Quinn is at the receiving end of that bottle to the head, and he's not long for this world.

:(

Re: LL's second spoiler

I suppose I could see that. It'd definitely be a way to ratchet up the villainy of Isaac if he goes around killing cops.

Awesome episode, only just got around to see it. Totally agree with how great the bartender scene was, this is the type of enemy Dexter should be up against. Although the big guy, (speltzer?), was good. Reminiscent of the giant from Season 1 or 2 that goes after the kid, only to get trapped by Dexter. Couple of brilliant moments from Dex too, felt chills when he said "I'm in control of everything!" and they've handled the whole Deb/Dex dynamic really well after S6 nearly killed that with the romance angle - I also like how it works in contrast to Harry appearing very sporadically this season. Maybe it's just a case of not enough room in the script, but I've long thought Harry wasn't exactly very good for Dexter.

Also, I disagree with that second spoiler...

I know they've let go of the 'Quinn hates Dexter' thing, but I keep thinking of ways in which Dexter can get caught, and Quinn could catch him when both of them are going after the crime family. Then again, maybe that's just me holding on to the past. Would definitely be a total scumbag move if he did go around killing off cops.

"So we're looking for the fuckin' Terminator?" Great line from Deb.

And Ray Stevenson is absolutely killing it this season. Great episode.

I must say, I can't wait to see how Serko tries to get at Dexter from behind bars. But this Hannah McKay thing continues to intrigue me the most. Dex has now realised she is a killer too, but how is he going to approach that? Is he going to team up with her? Every season so far has seen him getting close to another potentially dangerous character to try and learn through them. He did it with ITK, he did it with Miguel Prado, Trinity, Lumen and Travis. I assume Hannah will be the same type of deal, at least at first, from Dexter's point of view.

Okay, so I lied about not watching this season. I've been hatewatching it with my friend, but that last episode was, dare I say, actually good. Solid writing and acting for Deb and Dex (for the most part), Batista and LaGuerta being competent at their jobs and providing great fuel for Deb's story, Quinn having a interesting storyline with the Kashkas, and the whole Isaac plot zipped right along. Very tight. It won't ever be the great show it was, but this has potential as a pulpy crime drama with a twist. And yes, Ray Stevenson is killing it.

Only two complaints. The conversations with the Natural Born Killers girl being very poorly written, and way too on the nose. And the last scene bothered me, because while she's come to terms with Dexter being a killer, Deb seems to have accepted that Dexter was actually the Bay Harbour Butcher way too easily. There seems to be no conflict within her about the fact that Dex led Miami Metro in a cat-and-mouse game, was being hunted down by Lundy, and framed and possibly killed Doakes. She seems too okay with that.

Edited by Daniel Bryan

Not my favorite of the recent episodes. It wasn't awful or anything, but I did feel like it meandered a little bit here and there.

Is Yvonne Strahovski in it yet? Could someone like, upload her scenes to YouTube or something, so I can enjoy her and skip all the parts of Dexter I don't like? >_>

You must watch the last three minutes of the newest episode. Thank me later.

Also, I didn't like the episode at all.