Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Still sticking to my theory that he's another "voice" of Dexter's subconscious but that would be the ultimate twist!

Agree with everyone too, Debra poisoned herself. Hannah as she said doesn't make mistakes and she was barely hurt in the crash.

Can't wait for the finale!

Yeah, same. Not what I was expecting, but I really dug it. Vast improvement over a the last few "meh" episodes.

That was fucking awesome, I did not expect that ending.

Only thing I did not like was Hannah admitting to poisoning Debra, I thought for sure Debra poisoned herself. Hannah confessed way too easily.

The whole deal was that Depp issent a killer. I found the ending silly for so many reason. No idea who saw great acting in that... but overall, so many flaws.

I gues Hanna and Dex ride of in the end while Deb goes down because she can neither live with what she did to la guerta nor wants to put her brother and love interest to prison.

I really enjoyed the finale... it was amazing! I had called Deb killing Maria from the begining of the season, and yet it still caught me off guard as I wasn't sure she would actually go through with it. One one hand I'm glad Maria was killed, but at the same time I wish that storyline had pushed into the last season... My only complaint is that it felt a little rushed with the last few episodes, but c'est la vie.

I'm hoping Hannah is gone for good. Yes there are still questions that can be answered, but her story still feels complete at this point. I rather they solely focus on the fallout from Maria's death and Dexter & Deb coming undone. Ideally I would LOVE for Dexter to be killed at the end of the series; not sure about Deb, in all honnesty. But I really DO NOT want him to get off scotch free, happy ending, blah blah. He doesn't deserve it, and it would feel cheap to end the series on that note.

You can blame GoGo for this, but I have to say that this episode was absolutely terrible, similar to the last couple of episodes.

The flashbacks were absolutely unnecessary plot-wise (only serving as a reminder what Doakes' motivation was), the voice-over was terrible, Dexter kidnapping the guy in the park with people around during the fucking day was horrible, Quinn still exists as does Batista's stupid restaurant, and the whole thing in the final minutes was really bad as well. Why didn't LaGuerta call for backup?´Why was LaGuerta free to walk around after everyone assumed she fucked with evidence? Why was Debra's only option to shoot either one of them? Why not simply arrest Dexter or walk away? I could go on for hours.

That was fucking awesome, I did not expect that ending.

Only thing I did not like was Hannah admitting to poisoning Debra, I thought for sure Debra poisoned herself. Hannah confessed way too easily.

The whole deal was that Depp issent a killer. I found the ending silly for so many reason. No idea who saw great acting in that... but overall, so many flaws.

I gues Hanna and Dex ride of in the end while Deb goes down because she can neither live with what she did to la guerta nor wants to put her brother and love interest to prison.

You find everything silly. Every single program you hate. Every single time there's something for you to moan about. Surprise, surprise. Do you enjoy anything? Ever?

You can blame GoGo for this, but I have to say that this episode was absolutely terrible, similar to the last couple of episodes.

The flashbacks were absolutely unnecessary plot-wise (only serving as a reminder what Doakes' motivation was), the voice-over was terrible, Dexter kidnapping the guy in the park with people around during the fucking day was horrible, Quinn still exists as does Batista's stupid restaurant, and the whole thing in the final minutes was really bad as well. Why didn't LaGuerta call for backup?´Why was LaGuerta free to walk around after everyone assumed she fucked with evidence? Why was Debra's only option to shoot either one of them? Why not simply arrest Dexter or walk away? [bI could go on for hours.

Please don't :lol:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect
  • Like 2

I hate the argument "Deb is not a killer." therefore she shouldn't have shot Laguerta. This episode had the "survival of the fittest" theme to it, and Deb definitely is a character that comes off as a strong survivor. Not to mention ALL that she's been through. She's dated how many "bad" guys, and had how many ex's killed? Her brother who she's known for 40+ years is suddenly a serial killer who's motives she's begun to agree with and looked to as a reasonable solution. I look forward to next season because Laguerta's murder will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as Dexter remaining an unknown killer.

How do you guys want the series to end? Do you think Dexter NEEDS to be killed, or caught? At this time I could maybe see Deb, or someone else (Masuka, Angel) killing Dexter and staging his body to look like the work of the Bay Harbor Butcher. I'd love to see the scene where Masuka finds out who/what Dexter is.

Do we really need the spoilers? Who is coming in here expecting not to get spoiled by the latest series?

Anyway...I hope Dexter is not killed at the end, that would feel pointless. I want to see him get caught, but I don't think I want Debra to be. Maybe Dex will take the heat for LaGuerta's murder.

I was so shocked by that ending. I did not expect Debra to just shoot Maria like that. I feel sorry for Maria even though she wasn't ever really a likeable character, mainly because in this entire thing she has been the true good person. Glad in a way that Dex didn't kill her, but hardly a trade-up for Deb to. The last season is going to be fascinating and it's a shame we have to wait until next autumn to see it. I also don't think the Hannah thing is over, not by a long shot. Hope not anyway...more Yvonne Strahovski on my screen is never a bad thing.

Oh and I cannot believe how much I loved seeing scenes with Doakes again. Such a shame he didn't stick around longer because he was an awesome character.

You find everything silly. Every single program you hate. Every single time there's something for you to moan about. Surprise, surprise. Do you enjoy anything? Ever?

A minute before i wrote this i posted how good the Homeland Season finally was so FU trying to pick a fight. Life with the fact that other people have a higher sense of quality. (and no, my spelling dos not invalidate that, second preemtive FU on that)

fr34k is right, and in fact i easily could go on with his list. Than again i can´t blame anyone who liked this because dexter is one of those shows that always heavily relied on the viewer giving the producers a ton of passes when it came to writing anything and anyone the way the needed them to make the story work "right now" instead of heaving a overall believable world that made sens in it self. (as in the shield, terriers, homeland, the wire, party down and so on)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I hate the argument "Deb is not a killer." therefore she shouldn't have shot Laguerta. This episode had the "survival of the fittest" theme to it, and Deb definitely is a character that comes off as a strong survivor. Not to mention ALL that she's been through. She's dated how many "bad" guys, and had how many ex's killed? Her brother who she's known for 40+ years is suddenly a serial killer who's motives she's begun to agree with and looked to as a reasonable solution. I look forward to next season because Laguerta's murder will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as Dexter remaining an unknown killer.

How do you guys want the series to end? Do you think Dexter NEEDS to be killed, or caught? At this time I could maybe see Deb, or someone else (Masuka, Angel) killing Dexter and staging his body to look like the work of the Bay Harbor Butcher. I'd love to see the scene where Masuka finds out who/what Dexter is.

Honestly, I think both would be interesting. The series can't end with Dexter free, that's all I hope.

To me, the ideal final scene of Dexter would be his execution.