Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I hate the argument "Deb is not a killer." therefore she shouldn't have shot Laguerta. This episode had the "survival of the fittest" theme to it, and Deb definitely is a character that comes off as a strong survivor. Not to mention ALL that she's been through. She's dated how many "bad" guys, and had how many ex's killed? Her brother who she's known for 40+ years is suddenly a serial killer who's motives she's begun to agree with and looked to as a reasonable solution. I look forward to next season because Laguerta's murder will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as Dexter remaining an unknown killer.

How do you guys want the series to end? Do you think Dexter NEEDS to be killed, or caught? At this time I could maybe see Deb, or someone else (Masuka, Angel) killing Dexter and staging his body to look like the work of the Bay Harbor Butcher. I'd love to see the scene where Masuka finds out who/what Dexter is.

Honestly, I think both would be interesting. The series can't end with Dexter free, that's all I hope.

To me, the ideal final scene of Dexter would be his execution.

Do they even have the death sentence in Florida?

Would love the visual of the execution, but you'd have needed a contingency parent, I guess Jamie could take him on but she, like Deb, has a terrible taste in guys. I get the 'need' to have Dexter get caught but so far he has killed people (99% of the time) who deserved it. Deb, however, has killed an innocent but can get off scot-free? In the morality of the Dexter universe, she's worse than justice killer Dexter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up now. The end of episode six has me cringing. Seriously? They slept together? Fuck that, I want Dexter back with Lumen if he's getting into a relationship with someone, or at least follow through somewhat on the Deb angle they basically spent the last two or three episodes building at the end of last season.

Watched to episode nine so far, this is a fucking terrible season - without a doubt my least favourite so far. The only redeeming feature has been Isaak, and just as he was getting truly interesting they killed him. Glad next season's the final one so they can finally go balls to the wall and deliver on some changes.

I'm actually rather glad they dropped the Deb shit, and felt that it was one of the best seasons of Dexter since 4 - up until about episode 9. Then it slid back downhill, before picking up at the season finale. Doing away with that awful "Deb Wubs Dexter" shit was a good step, the addition of Ray Stevenson was fantastic, and Deb's struggle to accept Dexter for what he is was all good.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a sad state of affairs that they'd want to sacrifice quality (whatever quality is left) for more ratings.

I feel like you missed the part where it's Showtime.

I feel like you missed the part where I was being sarcastic. You don't know me at all! :(

Homeland's a hit now, so having it and Dexter air new episodes around the same time doesn't make sense anymore. They'll try to use both to prop up new shows and build a following for them too.

Homeland's a hit now, so having it and Dexter air new episodes around the same time doesn't make sense anymore. They'll try to use both to prop up new shows and build a following for them too.

What GoGo said... here's the plan:

Season 8 of "Dexter" will premiere at 9 p.m. ET Sunday, June 30, moving away from its long-standing fall home. It will lead into the channel's new drama "Ray Donovan," starring Liev Schreiber as a Los Angeles fixer.

"Homeland," meanwhile, will move up to 9 p.m. on Sundays starting Sept. 29. It will be followed by another new show, "Masters of Sex," about sex researchers Masters and Johnson (Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan).