The Mafia Discussion Thread

Well, his had Hitler raping dead wrestlers corpses and so on, so yeah it would have been >_>

Difference is that, as far as I remember it, they went out of their way to be as offensive as possible, to get a reaction, which 9 to 5 isn't.

Hmmm, I guess I should defend my good name a bit even if it is only really Be to make a public outcry. Is it possible to make this bad taste? Probably, but not the way I intend to run it. If you want to take that path, wasnt it a bit odd and bad taste where Dukes had Owen Hart in his diary taking over people to get rid of a demon inside someone? Its just a mafia that involved dead people. Hell, its just a game on a message board. No, I wont be having stupid shit like Chris Candido have a blood clot and die when he is lynched. Its a mythical game, with a bit of light-hearted fun to it. I am not making a judgement on certain wrestlers if they lead a 'good' or 'bad' life because I am not the person to do so, and since I believe in no God then he cant do it either. >_>

In short, yeah the subject matter may cause a bit of offense granted. But I bet you wouldnt be kicking up a fuss if it was someone you liked rather than disliked.

I am oh-so-sick of this "Let's let them defend themselves" movement. It's fuckin bullshit.

Here's an example:

Person 1: Vote Mr. X

Person 2: Vote Mr. X

Person 3: Vote Mr. X

Person 4: OMG LET Mr. X DEFEND HIMSELF

Mr. X: I am *insert random role*. I've been inactive because (choose one: I had nothing to add; my role sucks/prohibits me from posting in day/night/non-haiku; I forgot I signed up). Don't lynch me.

Persons 1, 2 and 3: LOL K. Vote: Mrs. Y

Mrs. Y: I am *insert different, yet still random role*. I've been inactive because (choose one: I had nothing to add; my role sucks/prohibits me from posting in day/night/non-haiku; I forgot I signed up; I thought we were bandwagoning Mr. X). Don't lynch me!

Persons 1, 2 and 3: LOL OK! Vote: Dr. Z

Random bystander: We aren't getting anywhere. Vote: No lynch

Persons 1, 2 and 3: OMG NO LYNCH = TEH MOBZORZ Change vote: Random bystander

Random bystander: I'm CSAMH.

Persons 1, 2 and 3: OMG WE R SO SRY SIR! Change vote: Person 3

Person 3: ...wait, what?

Persons 1 and 2: Don't ask questions!

Worse yet, in most cases this bullshit "tactic" occurs on Day One. There is NO DEFENDING YOURSELF ON DAY ONE because there's no way to prove a goddamn thing, and I'm really irritated that it takes a full 24-48 hours to get through day one because dumbfucks keep pleading to let people defend themselves at a time when there is no way to tell if their defense is even feasible, let alone true. It's a game, what's the absolute worst that could happen by lynching the first person the bandwagon leads to? The only reason to pull out this cockamamie "strategy" is if you're both mafia and you need to stall the lynchmob so you can come up with a BS roleclaim & power (trust me on this one, I've won enough Mafias as Mafia to know how it's done).

Just reminds me of my all time favourite example of town stupidity, in SH Mafia: the death of Judge. The only reason the town hadn't lynched Zan was a) because he claimed he'd killed Hajj, who was Mafia, and b) because his claims about his ability meant they didn't think it was safe to lynch him. Judge confesses to killing Hajj and claims the exact same ability, and the town lynch him immediately. And then afterwards, it still took them ages to lynch Zan, refusing to do it for the exact same reasons that they used to lynch Judge!

Guest PotatoClassic

Why is it that roughly 75% of Mafias where I think "that looks like a good concept, I'll sign up" are the ones run by the people least-suited to running good Mafias?

Guest PotatoClassic

Nah, nothing to do with you Josh. Yours is the one I'm actually enjoying, too bad since I'll likely be gone within the next day or so.

But I've already stopped putting any thought into Hugar's, and I can tell already that Katsuya's is going to be a clusterfuck.

Nah, nothing to do with you Josh. Yours is the one I'm actually enjoying, too bad since I'll likely be gone within the next day or so.

But I've already stopped putting any thought into Hugar's, and I can tell already that Katsuya's is going to be a clusterfuck.

I, too, was immensely rewarded for attempting to help the town, even though my role claimed I didn't have to, when in reality of course I did have to because it was a shit role.