The Mafia Discussion Thread

I would love a Boston Legal mafia! Though fitting the awesomeness of Danny Crane into a single role would be a tough ask.

And last time you came back I was uber-excited you were back Josh, but you ignored me :(

I just had a random thought about my Mel Brooks Mafia, and through a series of multiple non sequiturs, I came to this one:

Has anybody done a Homestarrunner.com Mafia? And if so, who wound up being the villains?

I would say Strong Bad, Strong Mad and The Cheat maybe if you ran it as the town being aligned with Homestar... or make the another web-site based cartoon the scum and have all of homestarrunner.com team together to take down the threat...

You have several options if you ran a game like that I would think.

You could even do something crazy and think outside the box and make characters you wouldn't think to be suss as the scum.

I just had a random thought about my Mel Brooks Mafia, and through a series of multiple non sequiturs, I came to this one:

Has anybody done a Homestarrunner.com Mafia? And if so, who wound up being the villains?

I would say Strong Bad, Strong Mad and The Cheat maybe if you ran it as the town being aligned with Homestar... or make the another web-site based cartoon the scum and have all of homestarrunner.com team together to take down the threat...

You could even do something crazy and think outside the box and make characters you wouldn't think to be suss as the scum.

You just ruined my next game :angry:

You just ruined my next game :angry:

(Y) Glad to help!

Also Borderlands Mafia will be resurrected Ruki and you are pre-registered for the game.

I've actually had an H*R Mafia ready to go for years, but never knew anyone had any interest in playing.

I would love a Boston Legal mafia! Though fitting the awesomeness of Danny Crane into a single role would be a tough ask.

And last time you came back I was uber-excited you were back Josh, but you ignored me :(

Well, that's one. And no worries, I don't ignore you anymore - I just vote for you in every game out of spite.

Wait, Josh has a fan club?

Why was the Josh-Oo-Wuh Fan Association not informed of this development? :angry:

Because Josh-oo-wuh was not informed he had either a Fan Association or a Fan Club. Clearly, the two need to meet and discuss a merger. A meeting of this magnitude calls for a gathering at the pub.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

While I'm here, I'd like a nomination for "worst play that gets repeated in every game".

Specifically, the "hey guys there's a clue in the night update that suggests x is probably scum" play. All it does is send up a warning flag to the scum that they if they are that particular character, they'd better come up with a fakeclaim fast. It doesn't help the town in any way, because scum would have to be monumentally stupid to claim a role that's already under suspicion.

On the other side, making a mental note that 'this guy could be scum' but not saying anything in the thread is a great idea, because maybe the scum don't read the updates thoroughly and will claim the role that you think is likely to be scum, at which point you can go 'BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS!' and trap them in their scumminess.

I think the worst play that gets repeated in every game is the townie whose continued presence distracts the town from lining up scum being selfish and trying to survive. You're in the game to win, help the town win. If anything, act scummy, fake a breakdown get yourself lynched and let the town see clearly.

Things that mitigate this:

- Having an actual awesome role (as in doc or cop, not something you like, AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER FROM BIG BANG THEORY MAFIA OR WHATEVER. GAH. FUCK.)

- It is endgame

This is something I have picked up from my Mafia experiences as a player and game runner up to before Naruto Mafia started (as in, nothing I have said is applicable to that game. This means you, meta gaming man hoping that I might post something here hoping you don't see it.)

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

... there was a Big Bang Theory Mafia?

SON OF A BITCH I MISSED IT >_<

The one thing that annoys me about games, at times, is that night updates that clear players or heavily hint at things. I don't think Night Updates should help either side or give clues. They should just kind of list who's died. I just don't like that townie's can clear themselves because their role matches someone in the night update. Though I don't have an issue with night updates like Sousa did them in WCW Mafia where he included fake-claims into his night updates.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Wasn't it my EWB Mafia where you cleared mafia as town because their roles appeared in the night updates even though I had like 60 different names in those updates?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I think the worst play that gets repeated in every game is the townie whose continued presence distracts the town from lining up scum being selfish and trying to survive. You're in the game to win, help the town win. If anything, act scummy, fake a breakdown get yourself lynched and let the town see clearly.

Things that mitigate this:

- Having an actual awesome role (as in doc or cop, not something you like, AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER FROM BIG BANG THEORY MAFIA OR WHATEVER. GAH. FUCK.)

- It is endgame

This is something I have picked up from my Mafia experiences as a player and game runner up to before Naruto Mafia started (as in, nothing I have said is applicable to that game. This means you, meta gaming man hoping that I might post something here hoping you don't see it.)

Basically, people want everybody else to think they're good at this game. If you get lynched, you're not good at this game. Therefore getting lynched is a failure.

(I do not agree with point 2 or point 3, but they proceed logically from point 1 on this board.)

Depending on the length of their suspensions, I may be needing two replacements for Maxx and HTTK. Marcos has first dibs, so I'm really just looking for a second person in the event that both have particularly long suspensions.

To Marcos and whomever else applies, I'll let you know what'll happen soon as I know how longer their suspensions will last.

EDIT: Nix the bit on Maxx. Looks like he's back now. Still going to probably need to replace HTTK, pending, once again, on how long he's suspended for. Guess this post was mostly a tease then really, considering Marcos gets first dibs >_>