The Mafia Discussion Thread

I have just played the most broken mafia game ever on another board. Worse then Friends even.

The setting was Prison Break (all 4 seasons), and one of the concepts (which I thought was alright) was it actually spanned all 3 seasons and some actions couldn't work unless the game was upto that season.

OK, so, to start with, I'm Whistler. I'm Company (Mafia) Aligned, and I can't be touched til Season 3. I'm the bus driver, and if Sofia (townie) dies, I die.

NOW comes the fucked up parts. I know NONE of my scum buddies. None. I know their role, not who they are. We've also been told there are traitors amongst us. We're suppose to work as a group, despite knowing nothing. They use Quick Topic for their mafia groups. So, on the QT Someone posts as Steadman and claims to be Uno (not actual name). I go to Uno on MSN and try to talk to him. Uno isn't Steadman, so he outs me in the thread. Thats fine, I can't be touched, and town wastes two lynches trying to prove that.

THEN Uno reveals himself to be Wyatt (Scum). That bugged the hell outta me, but nothing I could do about it. Why the fucker didn't just tell me he was Wyatt and save me the damn grief... :angry:

So, over the past few days (I stopped paying attention after I was outed so I'm not sure exactly when this happened), most of the rest of the scum reveal themselves, and we start to actually resemble a cohesive unit. Goodie.

Today, Kellerman outed us all in thread, essentially handing the town the game. And he wasn't even limited a tiny bit in his traitoresness. He just out-right said who we all were, and broke the damn game.

AND THE GAME RUNNER BLAMED US!!!!

I mean, for fucks sakes, the one weapon the mafia has is its ability to talk outside the game thread, and know who each other are. To take that away, and then expect us to still do any damage to the town....yeah, most broken game ever.

• Like 1

I don't think I could play Mafia on another board. Places like mafiascum are too douchey with their FOS and WIFOM bullshit and other places don't know what the fuck they're doing. EWB is about right. Most games don't turn into epic dick-waving contests and usually both sides play reasonably okay.

ugh, sorry to everyone still left in VGCM. This sickness hit me out of nowhere and while I'm more than motivated to be a dick in Ruki's game, it's just a matter of getting off my ass and putting together the next update in my game that's slowing me down. I'll have it up here shortly though-- one of the big reasons it's holding me back is it's a big update, so... yeah, my bad guys. I don't handle illness well :P