WWF 2002: The Brand Extension

IDOL

So you're going to start Vince/Austin back up, only with the NWO involved. Definitely a good move & nice work on the promo.

Man, I wish the Hardcore title was brought back so I can see those numerous title changes in a couple of minutes. Its a good way to get Maven over though.

Thank god you kept the Dudleys together, as they're not good at all if they're doing a singles run. Nice segment by the way.

Lesnar going over Godfather was expected, didn't know that Godfather was still around then. Nice way to get Lesnar over.

I'm not sure why this is headlining hour one, as it should be in the main event. Good finish though.

That would've been a good way to end the show, so it better be something good that you're headlining the show with.

Don't really think that segment was needed really, but I guess you needed to do it in EWR so you could book the RAW & Backlash main events.

Dammit, I wanna see Rico go through a table. Oh well, good way to continue the feud.

Lol, Stephanie putting makeup on Rikishi's ass is classic.

I hope this leads to a Rikishi push, as he's a great character & not that bad in the ring.

That made 'Taker look really weak there, but the match should be definitely be great.

You could've saved all of those segments from before, and put Austin/Hall here.

Thanks for reminding me of 'Beautiful People', that was such a great opening video.

Man, this reminds me of Jericho in his glory days, and HHH just sucking as a face. So anything you guys do with those two won't change my mind.

Balancing out the feud is good, but Hardy needs some allies.

I could've just imagined Regal's face, great segment. Gets Henry over heaps as well.

You seem to write Angle very well, so good job. Hopefully you don't do the hair/hair match though.

I thought Tajiri was a heel then? Anyways, not much to comment on though.

A Jackie turn could lead to an interesting angle for the womens division, so I hope you go through with it.

Looks like you will be going through with it, Jackie/Trish feuding through the Summer? I like it alot.

Edge/Jericho should be good, probably going to get Edge/Angle & HHH/Jericho brawls to end the show.

Nice way to put Henry over again, hopefully you continue his push as he is a good midcarder to have hanging around.

Lol @ Show only getting stunned by the steel chair. Booker/Show feud could be good though.

Nice way to keep everyone looking strong going into Backlash.

So far, this is a good diary, well written & not many booking mistakes. Keep it up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one confuses me, what is so risque about Booker's gimmick thus far? He's been paired with Angle, and they play off of each other's personalities, and his dialogue hasn't been filled with profanity...

You really don't see what the problem might be?

Let's see:

Booker is apparently now speaking in an extremely pronounced dialect, and is playing a hapless comedy heel sidekick. He's not saying "right away massah" yet, but anything leading in that direction is bound to get complaints.

What I'm really saying is: drop the dialect, or at least tone it down, because combining it with a black wrestler who is playing second fiddle to a face is going to offend somebody. On UP freakin' N, the network that brought you Moesha, One on One, Girlfriends, etc., they wouldn't put up with it.

OH PLEASE!!

Booker T has always spoke in that dialect. It's not like he's every been entirely eloquent with his speech. He's always had that "From The Streets" dialect. It hasn't changed here. And where do you get that he's playing a heel side kick? He's simply helping Angle get one over on Edge. They're not "together"....sometimes I think people don't even read half the stuff going on here.

OH PLEASE!!

Booker T has always spoke in that dialect. It's not like he's every been entirely eloquent with his speech. He's always had that "From The Streets" dialect. It hasn't changed here. And where do you get that he's playing a heel side kick? He's simply helping Angle get one over on Edge. They're not "together"....sometimes I think people don't even read half the stuff going on here.

Edited by the machine

Have been reading this since it started. I was never a long time reader of your first split diary since i was just not following WCW back in 2000 and was largely clueless as to what was going on during your shows. However, i realised that both of you have the ability to both book and write a good show. So i was more than happy to see that you had decided to begin another split diary, this time with a promotion i did follow, with characters i knew, so thankyou. Now for some feedback on the last show...

- Chris Jericho has been great so far. Really enjoyed the ending to the first episode of Smackdown, it gave Triple H good reason to make a match with Jericho at Backlash despite the fact he had recently lost the right to challenge for the Undisputed Championship as long as Hunter was the man with it over his shoulder. I love this pyschotic Jericho too, reminds me of Edge a few years back. I hope you keep him like this until he finally recaptures the belt, even if he doesn't win it at Backlash.

- You portrayed the Rock perfectly. It is a shame he might be off television for a while. I am kind of hoping you keep him on some way or another, maybe have updates on his injury, live interviews from WWE Studios etc.

- I am wondering where you are going to go with Jeff Hardy. You have me believing he simply can't handle the trio of Christain, Storm and Test, which is a good thing i guess. But i have no idea how you are going to come up with a good storyline out of this. It's too late to have me believe Jeff can somehow make a comeback against all 3 guys. Like he suddenly became superman after the 2nd episode of Smackdown.

- I love Regal. Absolutely brilliant writing of his character, had me laughing when he bumped into the conversation between Stasiak and Saturn. His match was, well it was classic heel and brilliant work. I could just imagine Regal's expressions when he was completely outpowered by Henry. You have me loving Regal quite a lot, keep it up and please for god's sake don't make him lose the strap.

- Now i will be honest with you, i disliked everything that had to do with the Women's division on Smackdown. Especially that very awkward segement backstage with Trish and Torrie. That was just a bit too much, i could just imagine Torrie being given the script to that segment and being disgusted, she just seemed like nothing more than a whore during that whole thing. It wasn't exactly entertaining either, i wanted to skim past it.

- Anyway, back to the good stuff with Angle and Booker. Keep this up, those two are golden and was probably my favourite part of the entire show. Actually, it's probably my favourite part of this whole diary so far.

*Kurt and Booker stand there, ready to attack. The intensity on Angle’s face is unparallel. Booker looks rather bored though, staring at his watch for the twenty seconds or so of silence.*

Booker T: Is he even in the arena yet?

Kurt Angle: What am I? Freakin’ psychic?

This one confuses me, what is so risque about Booker's gimmick thus far? He's been paired with Angle, and they play off of each other's personalities, and his dialogue hasn't been filled with profanity...

You really don't see what the problem might be?

Let's see:

Booker is apparently now speaking in an extremely pronounced dialect, and is playing a hapless comedy heel sidekick. He's not saying "right away massah" yet, but anything leading in that direction is bound to get complaints.

What I'm really saying is: drop the dialect, or at least tone it down, because combining it with a black wrestler who is playing second fiddle to a face is going to offend somebody. On UP freakin' N, the network that brought you Moesha, One on One, Girlfriends, etc., they wouldn't put up with it.

I have to agree with Enforcer here, never has Booker EVER spoken in perfect English. Have you ever read Tom & Huck? We're going for the same things in terms of dialect here, portraying them as the DO speak in real life. Booker has, and has always had a street way of speaking.

So, I'm not usually one to reply very often to diaries, but I'm trying out GA's (or Idol's?) Method of replying to diaries, notepadding everything first.

- So, we start out with Jericho, continuing the buildup from the week beforehand. Very good promo writing from him there, and I love the mixing of fans and the actual promo. It's a very good Jericho interview, and the intensity at the end is great, showing intensity does not simply require hitting the CAPS LOCK~! button. Again, when Triple H comes out, it is written perfectly, I like the small things that make it better, like writing 'coz' rather than 'because'. The brawl at the end now has me seriously anticipating the match at Backlash.

- Continuation of the whole Jeff/Canadians scenario, very well done with the ending, and what Test does at the end is pure brilliance, one of the coolest small additions I have seen in a while.

- Fun little segment there, also builds you up slightly for the match of Regals against Henry. The fact that Regal sees Stasiak acting so mental off a Henry match, kinda gives him an idea of what might go down, and therefore makes it all the more important.

- The next one, not only shows that Angle and Booker have a fuckin' brilliant little bit of chemistry (that is hell to do in a diary, making chemistry between a worker and his 'friend') but also shows Angle's obsession to take out Edge beforehand. This puts Edge over, showing him as someone that Angle fears.

- The next match does it's job as a nice quality match. Nice to see Crash and Chavo disappointed at the loss, continuing on from the previous week.

- Very confusing segment up next, but sets you up for a possible Jackie turn, seeing as she also lost to Trish the previous week. Trish and Torrie are the same sort of kin, where as Jackie should be a heel, and it is good use of her character to write her as you did.

- Well, this match once again continues for Backlash, as Trish manages to '1-up' the champ, making her seem legit compared to Jazz, who at the time was a serious threat. Good post match, Jackie leading up to a turn, and Jazz showing she doesn't need help.

- Oooh, very nice, Edge vs. Jericho in the main event. Nice work there, showing Triple H has legit hate for Jericho, and possibly meaning interfearence/brawl?

- Wow, nice work there, leading again onto Backlash. I expect Henry will be given a shot? It works very well, and answers a question I've always wondered, why would a champion merely not get himself counted out? Very good work there, makes me wonder if Henry would easily take the title?

- Another incredible Booker/Angle segment, I'm waiting for another segment of theirs at some point. I assume this will mean Booker/Show at Backlash. It also takes the possibility of Angle interfering out of the main event.

- Well, no stopping of interference, my mistake. I do like the whole use of the Big Show/Booker situation to allow for interference. Finally, good work building to the main event of Backlash, with Jericho/HHH brawling.

Overall, good show, with some very high points. However, one serious problem that I have, is there seems to be no new names on the rise. But whatever, good show nonthelless.

1 – THE WAR BECOMES UGLIER

Monday Night Raw begins not per usual as backstage, “The Big Red Machine” Kane and Hulk Hogan are walking along, keeping their guard up as they do so.

Hulk Hogan: Kane, brother, I know you aren't the kind of guy to restrain yourself… But tonight, Austin’s got Nash ‘n I gotta feelin’ the New World Order’ll do their old tricks and try taking us out tonight, bro!

*Kane remains silent.*

Hulk Hogan: What we need is a plan, somethin’ to make sure all of our team are a hundred percent at Backlash, brother. Maybe---

*Suddenly Scott Hall comes from behind and slams a steel chair into Kane’s back!!! There is zero effect though, leaving Kane able to grab Hall’s throat and squeeze it. As Hall gasps for air, there’s another chair shot out of the camera shot that can be heard! The camera moves around to see Kevin Nash has successfully downed Hogan, hitting the left knee from the looks of Hogan’s pain. Kane lets go on Scott and heads toward Nash.*

Kevin Nash: Woah easy there big guy!

*Kane is close to Nash when Scott low blows him! Kev tops it off by cracking Kane’s forehead with his chair twice until he finally falls to the ground.*

Kevin Nash: Ooohhh… Too bad, you lose!

Scott Hall: Hey-uh chico, how we gonna keep ‘em from comin’ back for more?

Kevin Nash: Don’t worry Scotty, I already got that covered.

*Nash makes a signal to something in the distance. This signal is at X-Pac, who is driving a forklift! Hall and Nash pick up Hogan and Kane respectively. Together they drag them to a nearby dark room, presumably a janitor’s closet or something of the sort, throwing them in there like trash. Afterwards Big Sexy slams the door and locks it with a key he happens to have! The whole situation seems to be more planned out than first let-on.*

Kevin Nash: Bring it in, Pac!

*X-Pac drives the forklift forward, parking it sideways, pressing it against the door. X-Pac kills the machine engine before getting out and congratulating his fellow nWo members on this victory of sorts.*

X-Pac: I can't wait until we unleash that---

Kevin Nash: Shh shh shh… That surprise’s for Stone Cold, we don’t wanna ruin it now do we?

*The New World Order depart from the scene laughing. As Nash throws the key aimlessly into the distance, Monday Night Raw fades into its usual Union Underground opening video package.*

The nWo take care of Hulk Hogan and Kane – 80% rating

RAWlogo.png

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW RESULTS - MONDAY 15, APRIL 2002

Following the pyro display kicking things off in the arena, Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler welcome everyone to the show, and of course hype what had just gone down. Their number one question; What does the NWO have in store for Stone Cold tonight?

2 - HARDCORE TAG TEAM MATCH - TOMMY DREAMER AND STEVEN RICHARDS VERSUS JUSTIN CREDIBLE AND RAVEN

Kicking off Monday Night Raw, four of the Hardcore Division's finest squared off in a Hardcore battle they'd been accustomed to as former ECW stars Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards teamed up to take on Justin Credible and Raven. Being a "Hardcore" Tag-Team Match, as J.R. explained, the no tag format had been thrown out. Dreamer picked up a trashcan and crashed it against the head of Raven, as Credible and Richards exchanged rights and lefts in the far corner. A good build of cohesive teamwork wouldn't come about tonight though as the lethargic monster known as Brock Lesnar hit the ring.

Justin Credible was the first target as the massive grappler wound up and nearly knocked the former ECW Champion's head off with a lariat. As Credible hit the mat, Raven charged Brock but was tossed far over the top rope, crashing awkwardly outside of the ring. Tommy Dreamer then crashed a trashcan lid over the head of Lesnar - to no effect! Again he tried - and still it didn't phase the monstrous grappler. Lesnar then lifted Dreamer up and brought him crashing to the mat with an F-5! One more to Steven Richards, who had been laid out earlier on by a Cradible chairshot and Lesnar's path of destruction was complete - for now at least.

Tag Match ends in No Contest after interference - (OR: 64%, CR: 59%, MQ: 70%, **1\2 Rating)

Next, Lesnar's "agent" Paul Heyman got into the ring and applauded Lesnar's efforts with great enthusiasm. Lesnar had just single handedly destroyed four of ECW's biggest stars, and Heyman was happy? With Brock raising his arms in the air to the sounds of boos from the fans, Raw faded from the arena.

3 - HYPE - THE KEY TO SUCCESS?

Following Lesnar's lesson in destruction, a video package airs in a psychodelic like colors. The clips are to a hard rifting rock theme, and shows footage of former WCW star Hugh Morrus hitting his famed "No Laughing Matter" on various happless foes. Following the clips, there is a period of time with nothing but maniacle laughter and the following words;

"This time the joke is on you"

"The Laughing Man - coming soon to RAW"

The Laughing Man is coming - 56% Rating

4 - MATT HARDY VERSUS HARDCORE HOLLY

After a brief commercial break, Monday Night Raw returned to the air with Hardcore Holly standing in the ring and ready for action. Action he soon got, as The Hardy Boyz theme played and Matt Hardy came out to a respectable ovation. Throwing caution to the wind, and looking to pick up his first singles victory on Raw, Matt rushed into the ring but was met by ruthless stomps from the veteran Holly. After being whipped into the corner, Matt fought his way back to the offensive after nailing Holly with a big boot and the side effect. Hardy covered for the pin, but Holly promptly kicked out at two. Hardy attempted to pick Holly back up to his feet, but instead Hardcore shrugged Hardy's arms off and planted him with a stiff kick to the gut. Next on Holly's list was to lift up Hardy, and plant him with the Alabama Slam! Matt's head snapped to the canvas violently in almost a concussing fashion as Holly made the cover and scored the suprisingly quick pinfall. Just like that, Hardy obtained a crushing defeat.

Hardcore Holly p. Matt Hardy - (OR: 67%, CR: 64%, MQ: 70%, **1\2 rating)

Hardcore Holly gained 1 point of overness

In the ring, Holly raises his hand in dominating fashion, looking down at Hardy as if he is pathetic. Matt holds his head in pain, and as Holly raises his arm once again he catches something out of the corner of his eye. Up at the top of the rampway is Val Venis who is applauding Hardcore Holly. The Mobile native looks confused as Monday Night Raw goes to break once again.

5 - CHUCK (W/BILLY AND RICO) VERSUS D-VON DUDLEY (W/BUBBA RAY DUDLEY)

Coming back from commercial, a video package aired showing clips from last week with The Dudley Boys failing in their efforts to put Rico through a table thanks to Billy & Chuck coming to their stylist's rescue. Going live, an angry looking D-Von Dudley paced back and fourth with his brother Bubba Ray looking on outside. The very feminin sounding theme song of the Tag Team champions struck up, and Billy and Chuck came out with their stylist Rico at their side. Billed as a one on one contest, this one seemed to be anything but with the numbers outside of the ring. D-Von bullied Chuck in the beginning with stiff and brutal looking shots to the neck, back and chest. After attempting to whip the bleached blonde big man to the ropes, Chuck countered and sent D-Von instead. Bouncing back he ducked a Super Kick attempt, hit the other set of ropes and knocked Chuck down with a reverse elbow. D-Von's agressiveness continued until Rico caught his legs up, and nearly tripped him to the mat. That lead to the match totally degenerating as Bubba Ray took offense and the ring soon filled in chaos.

Chuck versus D-Von Dudley ends in No Contest (Interference) - (OR: 74%. CR: 66%, MQ: 83%, *** rating)

After calling for the bell, the match was thrown out but it didn't stop anyone as the Tag Team Champions and the number one contenders brawled inside of the squared circle. Rico sort of stood in the corner as the other four fist fought. Bubba Ray tossed Billy to the outside, and soon after Chuck found himself in the unlucky position for the "What's Up!?" Headbutt. However, as D-Von perched his large frame atop the turnbuckle, Billy hopped back up on the apron and knocked the Dudley Boy off the top of the top rope. D-Von takes a nasty spill, and Bubba quickly turns his attention. This would come back to bite him in the ass as Billy grabbed his head, and hopped to the floor. It sent Bubba slingshotting back - right into Chuck's super kick!

With the top contender's laying before them, Billy and Chuck went to the outside and withdrew a weapon from under the ring; the Dudley's weapon of choice, a table. With delight the Tag Champions set the table up in the ring, and then drag Bubba back to his feet. As Bubba stumbles backwards and forwards on his feet, Billy connects with a few shots before lying him on the table. Then, in perhaps the most humiliating aspect of their attack; Billy and Chuck order that Rico climb the top rope. He does so, and leaps off - crushing Bubba through the table in the process! Billy and Chuck have humiliated the Dudley Boyz here tonight, as Rico puts Bubba through a table!

6 – HERE COMES THE PAIN

Backstage, Vince McMahon is shown in his office. He cautiously raises a cup of coffee to his mouth and drinks it. Instantly Vince’s face shows a great deal of displeasure, and he resorts to spitting it out in projectile style! Vince looks pissed off as he turns to somebody off-screen.

Vince McMahon: You call that coffee? I call that cold crap! Now make me another coffee, and make sure it resembles one this time damnit!

*The camera pans across. The person he’s shouting at is his own daughter and coffee lady: Stephanie McMahon. Her entire face is soaking wet from the coffee Vince spat in her direction.*

Stephanie McMahon: Uh… Yes Daddy…

*She scurries away. McMahon has a moment of reflection, mainly disgusted at the coffee’s after-taste as he makes various mouth gestures. Then there is a knock on the door.*

Vince McMahon: Come on in!

*Mr McMahon looks towards the door to see Matt Hardy enter the office.*

Vince McMahon: Why if it isn’t North Carolina’s own Matt Hardy? What can I do for you?

Matt Hardy: Well Mr McMahon, I wuhs wonderin’… Since splittin’ from my brother Jeff – I’ve bin tryin’ to achieve singles success here on Raw. ‘N so far it ain’t gone too well.

Vince McMahon: Damn right it hasn’t. Your match earlier on with Hardcore Holly – well you downright sucked in it!

Matt Hardy: [appoligetically] I know, I know, but I wanna prove myself to you ‘n to the fans I can be successful. That’s why I was wonderin’ if I could have a match at Backlash.

Vince McMahon: A match? A match at Backlash?!? Lemme tell you somethin’ Matt Hardy, there are limited match slots for each brand and you think that you deserve to fill one of them? Get outta my office!

*Matt Hardy looks gloomy. He tries to walk out, but bumps right against the person behind him. That man is Brock Lesnar alongside his slimy agent Paul Heyman, Brock stares downwards at Matt, looking near-ready to pulverise him as Heyman smiles deviously.*

Vince McMahon: Why hello there Brock… Paul… What can I do for you two?

Paul Heyman: Mr McMahon, first of all may I just say how much of a pleasure it is that myself and Brock are on Monday Night Raw. I am so happy that you get to control the future of “The Next Big Thing”. Unlike Smackdown owner Ric Flair, who is afraid of new talent flourishing just like every other old-school wrestler, you know my client can and will single handedly make this brand number one for years to come. My client right here in his time in the World Wrestling Federation will create a bigger legacy for himself than most have in their lifetimes. Brock Lesnar is such a reckless wrecking machine, did you see it earlier Mr McMahon? Did you see it?! He took four of the biggest stars from my Extreme Championship Wrestling and destroyed them all in the matter of seconds. I value this man more than I ever did about ECW for the very simple reason that I’m backin’ a winner! I am prepared to do everything in my power to make sure he goes down as being bigger and better than Hulk Hogan, than Steve Austin, than The Rock, than anybody… That’s why, Mr McMahon, sir, I am asking you to help my client’s legacy by giving him a match this Sunday at Backlash! It can be any match of any description, Brock deserves his first of hundreds of wins at a pay per view level. So what do you say?

Vince McMahon: [upon thinking it over] You know what Paul? I agree! When I see Brock Lesnar, I see a monster that can make Raw untouchable compared to Smackdown! And while I’m at it, I may as well kill two birds with one stone… Brock’s got his match this Sunday at Backlash, and it’ll be against…… Matt Hardy!

*Matt Hardy curses under his breath as he continues to look up at the monster above him. To put it bluntly, Matt knows that at Backlash, he’s fucked! Brock expels a low, sinister laugh as WWF Raw heads back to commercial.*

Brock Lesnar versus Matt Hardy made for Backlash – 98% rating

7 – ROB VAN DAM VERSUS GOLDUST

Returning to the air, it was time once again for in ring action. Despite it being a non-title match, Goldust treated the contest as a chance to become a top (if not THE) contender for Rob Van Dam’s Intercontinental Title. Goldust got the early advantage thanks to a sneaky eye rake during a tie-up. Laying the boots to the champion, he saw his momentum momentarily slip having a whip reversed to the corner; however Goldust raised a boot to catch RVD in the face. Following up with a bulldog, Goldust covered for a two count. A shoulderbreaker and pin also got a two. Goldust tried to kick RVD in the stomach only for the leg to get caught, setting Van Dam up for a spinning kick to the head. A quick legdrop later, Rob climbed to the top rope backwards. The "Golden One" was able to stand and prevent RVD’s next move with a powerbomb to the canvas. Goldust went for his third pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Goldust’s got his feet on the ropes but Van Dam still kicked out! Moments after trying to wear RVD down again, Goldust made a fatal mistake going for the Shattered Dreams. It was down to the referee distracting him long enough for the champion to free his right leg. When Goldust charged, he got a crushing boot in the head. One Rolling Thunder and Five Star Frog Splash later – it was all over!

Rob Van Dam pinned Goldust – (OR: 81%, CR: 77%, OR: 85%, ***1/4 rating)

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image

RVD is about to celebrate the victory when “Dead Man Walking” booms out into the arena. Van Dam stands ready in anticipation as The Undertaker, without the motorbike, walks down to the ring. Tightening his gloves, the "Red Devil" looks ready to unleash some pain on his Backlash opponent. Undertaker climbs up the ringsteps into the ring. RVD stands at the other side of the ring, letting his opponent enter instead of trying to get the quick cheap shot in.

After a brief intense staredown, everything explodes!!! Van Dam charges at The Undertaker to begin the brawl. Left and right punches from Taker, forearms from Rob Van Dam, the two fight furiously with no signs of weakening. The crowd cheers like mad, encouraging the violence.

The Undertaker pushes his weight back onto RVD as they headed to the right side of the ring, eventually trickling out to ringside. Van Dam gives a shot in the gut to break up the constant fighting. He tries to whip The Undertaker into the steel steps… Only for it to be reversed. By the time the Intercontinental Champion stood up again, Taker grabbed a steel chair. Undertaker immediately slams the chair with such force that it literally wraps around Van Dam’s head. RVD falls back to the floor unconscious.

The referees come down to separate the brawl. It was too late though, The Undertaker’s work had been done. The segment ends with Taker looking emotionless towards Van Dam before walking away from the near murder scene he’s caused! Off Rob Van Dam’s now bloody face, Raw goes backstage.

8 - THE TABLES TURN

Backstage, Raw interviewer Terri is shown in the interview position. Standing next to her are the fuming, pissed off tandem of Bubba Ray and D-Von, The Dudley Boys.

Terri: Dudley Boys, you have something that you want to say?

Bubba Ray Dudley: [angrily] You're damn right we do, Terri! Billy and Chuck you two "boys," and I use that term lightly - you think you came out ahead tonight!? I beg to differ, what you two did tonight - was seal yer damned death warrants!

*Bubba takes a moment to choose his next words as D-Von stares menacingly into the camera.*

Bubba Ray Dudley: Tonight you two had your "life partn'ah" put me through a table! Well, I've got a question for the two of you. Can you do it? Can you put me through a table? Can ya put my brother D-Von through a table? Can you do it to the both of us!?

D-Von Dudley: He asks, because the plans have changed!

Bubba Ray Dudley: That's right ladies, our match at Backlash - our Tag Team Title Match is now a Tables Match, our specialty! At Backlash, the hole just got a lot deeper! This Sunday Billy and chuck, you learn the most important commandment of all. Thou shall not mess with the Dudley Boys!

D-Von Dudley: Ohhhhhhh My brotha, TESTIFFFFY!

With that, D-Von and Bubba walk off leaving Terri to take things to commercial.

The Dudleys announce Table Match - 74% Rating

9 – REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED SIX DAYS BEFOREHAND

As Monday Night Raw returns to the air, The Undertaker enters the parking lot, just moments after beating up Rob Van Dam in the arena. Walking in his unique intimidating fashion, he eventually walks up to his Harley Davidson motorbike. Sitting on it, he is about to start the engine when he notices something on the bike… A punctured tire! Taker gets off the bike and down onto his knees to inspect it.

The Undertaker: Son-of-a---

*Suddenly a chair flies out of nowhere, hitting him in the head!!! The Undertaker is grounded but not out. He groans in pain, holding onto the back of his skull.*

The Undertaker: Ahhhh god damnit!

*The camera pans back to reveal the chair thrower to be Rob Van Dam. Van Dam has received zero medical attention, he is still bloody from the brawl a few minutes ago.*

Rob Van Dam: How d’ya like that, huh? Taker! Bring all you got coz on Sunday, there’s only gonna be one winner, and his name is [with the thumbs] R-V-D.

*RVD storms away from the scene. Undertaker painfully sits up.*

The Undertaker: You’re dead at Backlash, boy!

*The Undertaker groans some more as Monday Night Raw heads back to the arena for the night's Main Event!*

Rob Van Dam attacks The Undertaker – 76% rating

10 – STEVE AUSTIN VERSUS KEVIN NASH (W/ THE NWO)

Steve Austin came down to the ring for his match in a situation familiar to last week – it was three versus one thanks to the New World Order’s actions against Hogan and Kane earlier on. Kevin Nash surprisingly wrestled a lot of the match without interference from Scott Hall and X-Pac... Early on Austin unleashed several cans of whoop ass, brawling like no tomorrow, the height of this attack came in the form of his trademark Thesz Press. Stomping a mudhole in Nash moments later, Austin responded to X-Pac getting onto the apron by punching him straight off it. It was all Austin until he went for a Stone Cold Stunner too early – the consequences being pushed to the ropes and being given a huge big boot on the rebound. Nash took down the straps from his singlet top, he meant business now! He used a slow, methodical attack to wear down Austin, assaulting him in the corner with knee/elbow strikes and choking him with his boot. When the referee told Big Kev to back off, the distraction was enough for X-Pac and Scott Hall to drag Austin to the mat and groin first into the steel turnbuckle post.

Kevin subjected Austin to some more pain via a sidewalk slam, a pinfall of which only got a two. Afterwards he whipped Steve to the ropes, and locked in a sleeper hold on the rebound. Rendering his opponent near-unconscious, Nash yelled at the referee to administer the arm test. Arm raised once… It fell down. Arm raised twice… Stone Cold suddenly executed a Stone Cold Stunner out of desperation!!! With both men laid on the floor, the crowd cheer on Austin as he drags his aching body over to Nash. He gets an arm over him: ONE!!! TWO!!! THR- Nash kicks out!!! Nash and Austin eventually get back onto their feet and slug it out some more. With both competitors extremely tired, Austin is barely able to muster the energy for an atomic drop. Steve goes to pick up Kevin Nash again when he low blows him to cause a disqualification. X-Pac and Scott Hall storm the ring to beat down Stone Cold as the bell rings.

Steve Austin def. Kevin Nash by DQ – (OR: 78%, CR: 86%, OR: 60%, ** rating)

Steve Austin is able to stand onto his feet despite being assaulted, but any attack he was going to try is thwarted by an X-Factor! Scott Hall follows the move up with an Outsider’s Edge.

Nash, still a bit dazed, makes a signal at his two fellow nWo stablemates. Obediently they stand Stone Cold onto his feet and throw him over the top rope. With JR screaming who will save Austin with Kane and Hogan trapped, (the cameras go backstage to show that Hogan and Kane are pounding on the door that is blocked by the forklift) the New World Order follow Austin to the outside. Pac and Hall pick up Austin again before Nash lifts the Rattlesnake over his shoulder and walks towards the backstage area as RAW takes its final commercial break.

Where the hell are they taking Austin?!?!?!

11 – THE FATE OF STONE COLD

Raw comes back from the final commercial break of the evening…

*In the midst of chaos happening, the cameraman assigned to film the events runs through the corridor in the backstage area straight into the parking lot. There, Kevin Nash (still with Steve Austin over his shoulder) walks towards a limousine positioned in the center of the scene. Scott Hall opens the door and helps his best friend dump the body of Austin into the back of the limo. Nash slams the door shut.*

Kevin Nash: And now its time for BAH GAWD STONE COLD to get his lil’ surprise!

*During the next exchange, the sound of an engine gets louder and louder.*

Scott Hall: You sure this is the real one?

Kevin Nash: Sure! The car dealership man said so ‘n if you can’t trust those guys, who can you trust?!? [shouting] Yo X-Pac! You ready?

*At this point the engine noise is deafening. The camera turns around to reveal it is in fact a monster truck, Stone Cold’s monster truck to the precise. X-Pac pops his head from out of the driver’s window.*

6156sctruck.jpg

X-Pac: Let’s do---- SHIT!!!

*Hulk Hogan and Kane ambush The Outsiders from behind! They unleash lefts and rights at Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, who have no room to reply with their own attack. Kane whips Nash back first into the limo door, barely missing the car window. Hogan beats up Hall, body slamming him to the concrete in the end. Nash looks at Hogan and Kane with anger on his face…*

Kevin Nash: You guys are really startin’ to piss me off—

*The limo door opens! Stone Cold drags Kevin Nash into the backseat and starts to punch him over and over again. Nash reaches out his hand, trying to escape from the car, only for Hogan to run over and slam the door shut.*

Hulk Hogan: You wanna take us out before the Backlash, brother? Well let’s see how you guys like it!!! Kane…

*Hogan points to Scott Hall. Kane drags Scott Hall over to the front of the limousine. Hall tiredly tries to beg Kane for mercy, but it is no good as Kane chokeslams Hall onto the bonnet of the car.*

*Monday Night Raw fades to black with a close-up of Hall knocked out cold, with the sound of Steve Austin still punching Kevin Nash inside the limousine. Who will win the six man tag team match between the New World Order and the dream team of Austin, Hogan and Kane? Find out at Backlash 2002!*

Hogan/Kane/Austin get the best of the New World Order – 91% rating

Kevin Nash gained 2 points of overness

Quick Results:

- Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards vs. Raven and Justin Credible (No Contest)

- Hardcore Holly p. Matt Hardy

- D-Von Dudley vs. Chuck (No Contest)

- Rob Van Dam p. Goldust

- Steve Austin def. Kevin Nash (DQ)

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 77%, Television Rating: 6.87, Attendance: 7530

Edited by Idolshizzle

Breaking News, New Hardcore Champion, Maven injured...

Wednesday, 17 April 2002

We have recieved word that last night at a WWF Live Event in Austin, Texas, Raven defeated Maven to become the new Hardcore Champion. Perhaps the bigger news though, was that Maven reported severe back pain to officials after the match and was rushed to a local medical facility. The word circulating the net right now is that he could miss up to two months of action as result of the injury.

Edited by Idolshizzle

I asume it was some kind of strategy that you waited until your pinning to post your latest show? :P Either way its good to have another one up.

RAW, 15th April 2002

- First of all nice start having a segment before the show opens, this happens quite a bit in real life, and is something rarely seen in diaries (by me at least). Builds your biggest storyline on RAW at the moment too. Its segments like this, skits/plots/dastardy plans and the like which should have made the real life nWo in the WWF more successful.

- Good booking here, you managed to use almost your entire Hardcore division AND put over Brock Lesnar as a huge threat to just about anyone all in one segment. Shame the match couldn't have been a little bit longer because despite that it all makes sense, you have just destroyed any credibility the hardcore division had (did it have any?).

- I love you. I love Hugh Morrus and the fact you're bringing him in is great. I always thought they could have made a decent character out of the 'Hugh Morrus/Humorus' thing and the 'No Laughing Matter' type deal. Somewhat of a comedy gimmick, but a complete bad ass in the ring, who can fit into just about any part of your programs.

- Wow, its not often you see Matt Hardy get his ass handed to him by Hardcore Holly in the diary dome (ironic actually because I actually had that same result in my last show). This doesn't seem to serve a purpose other than making Hardy look like a bitch, which I am not in favour of. Hopefully, knowing you two... this'll be going somewhere. And Val Venis? Unless I've missed something, then that is totally random. The fact Im kept guessing though, is a sign of good booking... because if everything was obvious then it'd be boring. ^_^

- Ouch, The Dudleyz take a huge hit in the continuation of this feud. I can see how you need to make both teams look strong, but The Dudleyz looked a bit crappy here. I can see how your probably going to have Bubba and D-Von 'overcome the odds' but I think Billy and Chuck would always be better off as the cowardly heels, especially considering their gimmick.

- Even though it was obvious where this was going as soon as Lesnar stepped into the room, it was a well done segment and brings a little reason for Hardyz loss earlier (even if he is going to get his ass handed to him by Lesnar) and gets him on PPV.

- RVD versus Goldust.. good matchup there, and good that RVD picks up a nice little win before getting totalled by 'Taker. I like this feud you have going as I have always liked RVD/Taker matches in the past. I sense a big RVD push, and Taker is the perfect guy to help put him over big style. One thing I noticed;The WWF Intercontinental Title has gained in image, if it was a non title match how is this so? Did you accidently book it as a title match?

- I like how you write the Dudleyz as in my opinion, they are NOT an easy team to write for. Nothing much more to say about that, other than I don't want this feud to go past Backlash as it is. Maybe adding another team to freshen it up might do nicely.

- RVD getting his own back before the PPV is good, assumably RVD will lose at the PPV so he can at least look strong going into it.

- Pretty good main event, although I thoguht maybe a bout between these two might have been saved for a later date. Typical nWo type 'tainted' finish. Plus the run ins and beatdown to follow, typical nWo formula.. but works non the less.

- That was one hell of an ending and I have to say it was fun to read and Im glad you managed to book something else in that feud other than 'one team lays the other out' or 'big brawl to end the show' One thing I will say though is that the trio of faces doesn't seem right to me. I think its having Kane and Hogan together I don't like. Theres nothing wrong with it and its perfectly logical, but it just seems weird to me. I can imagine Kane with Austin and Hogan with Austin, but not Kane with Hogan. Anyway.. its not a problem, its just me being picky.

Another good show leading the way into Backlash.

Backstory is ok but could of done with some WrestleMania results in too but i don't really care it does its job and looks nice. Presentation and writing is solid so lets get down to the nitty gritty, the booking.

As i read,

Raw

Opening promo was ok i guess but for some reason can across as a little dull though it does set up an interesting night ahead. I guess i just didn't like face Triple H but that's hardly your fault. The Hardcore Title match was very WWE but the 24/7 rule had run its cause but then i think so it may be retiring either the rule or the belt soon. Stephanie is back already, what was the point of the stipulation last week then? Plus what is she going to do? Nice Lesnar bit and i liked how you didn't name the F5 just yet. Nice nWo bit even if they are wearing a little thin at this point. The interview did its job though i'd keep Bubba away from the microphone as much as possible in the future, talk about a bland interview. I don't know if that was intention but there appeared to be no intensity whatsoever. Typical wrestlecrap next but Rikishi coming down at the end was a nice touch and the crowd would have enjoyed it so good booking there. The next match seemed to be very solid and have some good thought behind it, i enjoyed reading it and thought its rating may of perhaps been higher. Attack at the end seems somewhat random but lets see where it goes. This should of been the Hour main event as this was well booked. Kane wasn't made to look weak and Hogan was booked right if not how he is actually booked.nWo was made to look strong too, excelent stuff. nWo again, i really think the last segment should of been the hour main event now. Oh and Nash telling Austin he is passed his prime amuses me. I guess Austin just had to Stunner Vince though! Well booked and good to see X Pac get Stunnered, you certainly know how to book the nWo.

An ok show which really picked up at the end. I'd give it a B simply because i loved the last two segments.

Smackdown

So Jericho can't challenge right? I hope you don't go back on that or when Triple H beat Steph and Jericho would really have meant nothing at all. The Rock is a good choice but it may drawf whatever Face cheers The Game will get. Unless you thinking of a turn? Women's match, whatever. So let me get this straight, Hardy hits Test and even with Christian and Storm there they don't attack back, why not? It's not like Hardy's a monster or anything, or perhaps they're scared of Lita? A Henry push could be interesting, lets see where it goes. I'm not sure where your going with Jericho, earlier he said he wanted to show his not a joke and now his got the chance by beating Rock he's upset? But that's not terrible to be fair, i'm seen far worse laspes in character i'm just being picky. So i wonder who will help Jeff, or if this is the begining of a big push for Jeff, interesting! Why did Billy and Chuck just do that? Decent match up and seems the Cruiserweight Division will remain strong on Smackdown which is important. HAHA, i liked the Booker T Angle stuff, comedy gold. Looks like a good match and i enjoyed the finish but again perhaps this could of main evented the hour? A well booked main event, i enjoyed Triple H being taken out but perhaps Jericho could of switched attention to him again at the end, unless your looking for a Rock/Jericho feud?

A Good show at the top and bottom but the middle is lacking a little, I'd give it a C+. Once again a few excelent segements brought it up a lot.

Raw

Good you are booking a one hour main event this time, good choice too. Yeah like real life i'm losing track of the Hardcore Title and if this random run in thing happens all the time then it will get tiresome too. Interesting stuff and i guess them attack Spike makes some sense now but they are the Tag Team Champions so i'm confused as to why they would go after the Dudleyz. Lesnar going over, makes sense and i see you going the same route with him. I like this feud between the nWo and Kane/Austin and Hogan but i'm not sure about Kane taking a chair down but whatever, he was hurt still right. Good booking again and this is my favourite feud at the moment. Kane and X Pac? Slight mismatch there in a brawl? I like the match being booked good stuff and i'm loving this feud. Well booked match between Bubba and Rico and Rico narrowly avoiding the table is good for anticipation. HAHA, good stuff with Stephanie there. I didn't like her being back so soon but contiune to book like this and you could just change my mind. And i agree, Rikishi with Stacy? Interesting... Just like that they have a match, come on that's a lazy booking for the build up. I attack you for no reason, well lets have a match then, ok. And another good main event.

A good show with the nWo/Austin/Kane/Hogan feud really carrying you at the moment. C-

Smackdown

Rock gone? Well i guess his filming or something right? I like this Jericho character, intensity suits him. Triple H/Jericho again then huh, well it was booked cleverly so i can ignore some early stuff plus this feud is the best on Smackdown at the moment. The Hardy/Canadians feud gets more interesting here, i like it. HAHA, some more comic relief, i loved that. Space Dragons! HAHA, i also love this comedy duo of Angle and Booker. Good solid Cruiserweight action and Smackdown is putting on a better under card it seems. Jacq turns on Trish right? Whoa i'm losing it here a bit, interesting booking and keeps my toes, so Trish and Ivory will team against Jazz and Jacq soon i imagine. I like where it's going though, nothing wrong with some grey booking here and there. Nice bit with Triple H and Flair but i imagine we haven't seen the last of HHH. I like that, makes Henry look atrong without giving him the title and lets face it, its a Regal thing to do as well. HAHA, good stuff again, Booker playing off Angle is golden. A cluster book here but a good one, Good to see all of them get involved and i imagine a Six Man Tag is in order soon.

A good show which had a more solid middle order. a C+.

Raw

Interesting opening and you can't do much wrong on this nWo stuff, i'm guessing you followed WCW a lot yes? Lesnar did look like a monster here, excelent booking and gave the match a purpose. Don't know much bout Hugh Morris so can't say much here. Decent filler match and what does Val want with Hardcore? A new tag team perhaps? Good booking on this feud and i'm enjoying it. I didn't really mind Billy and Chuck and with your writing i'm rather enjoying them. Stephanie good stuff but where this going? A squash for a PPV isn't a good idea, i hope Matt gets some offence in or it really is a wasted slot. Good match and the RVD/Taker feud is at least picking up a bit now. Taker is being booked well as a Bad ass. Tables match should be good and i can't see the Dudleyz losing. Way to sell the attack on RVD... but it was still a good segment minus that.Excelent match and segment there, your booking of the nWo as i keep say is brilliant. I love the ending to the show and it made the show memorable for me.

Good show and the nWo stuff is still top! I'd give it a A-. Improve the middle a bit more and you almost there.

Overall this diary is brilliant and most of the problems are stuff you are having to deal with and even a few shows in your are dealing with them. I hope you keep it up for a very long time.

I completely forgot about this diary after reading the first show, and never really tried to get back into it - shamefully. However, tonight I've read the diary from start to finish, well hopefully not finish, but you know... Anyway, I'm keeping this feedback brief until the next show when I'll post more detailed feedback. This is pretty much a "well done, this diary is great" post in non-postwhorish fashion.

I'm loving the development of Edge & The Big Show/Kurt Angle & Booker T, it's all fitting together nicely and hopefully it'll continue as so. The Rock being out I like, means you can't really rely on his name to carry SmackDown! for a while, i.e. you have to prove your booking skills, which I know you two can. The Triple H/Chris Jericho angle I'm a little split on, I love the way the both characters are being built, but I was hoping we'd get a fresh face in the main event scene as Triple H's challenger, rather than Jericho weeding his way back in. On the other hand, you pulled the storyline off brilliantly, so kudos there.

As for the nWo/Steve Austin & Hulk Hogan & Kane angle, that is an angle I'm loving very much, and I am quite excited to see how it continues, hopefully the New World Order stick around for a long while and that you can make them work. The Dudley Boyz/Billy & Chuck with Rico angle is being developed nicely and would make decent TV, and same goes for Jeff Hardy/The Canadians and pretty much every other angle you have going.

Top work, I loved reading it and from now on I'll be posting feedback regularly. Long may this diary continue and you certainly deserved the pinning despite the fact the diary is still very young. :)

Despite there being no easy to find card for Backlash as of yet anyway, please refrain from doing predictions until we say so.

SDlogo.png

WWF SMACKDOWN! RESULTS - THURSDAY 18, APRIL 2002

Smackdown begins with the opening montage to Marilyn Manson’s “Beautiful People”. When it finishes, it cuts to the arena where fireworks are set off to bring in the third Smackdown in this brand extension era. With Michael Cole and Tazz welcoming us to the show, the fans are cheering and holding up their signs. Signs tonight include: “I Am The Game” and “SPACE DRAGONS?!?!”

1 – EDGE HAS INTENSITY, AND GREAT HAIR TOO

”Never Gonna Stop” by Rob Zombie plays to kick off the show, the music cue for fan favourite and the man facing Kurt Angle on Sunday: Edge. In his street clothes, he heads down to the ring looking quite happy. Edge gets the microphone from Tony Chimmel after entering the ring, proceeding to stand in the middle of the ring to cut a promo.

Edge: This Sunday at Backlash, I will be facing Kurt Angle. Kurt is a man who I once considered an ally, a friend… But y’see, things have changed over the course of time, ‘n now while here I am on my own while Angle is getting all “chummy” with Booker T.

*This draws boos from the crowd.*

Edge: Now there ain’t anything wrong with Kurt being friends with Booker. The thing that is wrong is how with my short memory ‘n all, I decided to look back at the events that led to me facing Kurt on Sunday. After watching all those tapes of me totally reeking of awesomeness, I realized one thing. Kurt and Booker, they’re angry at me because of a… Shampoo commercial?! Sure, my smooth and shiny hair may be something to be jealous of, but these two actually think their hair’s better than mine. And you know what? They might just be right! So to make up for what’s happened over the past few weeks, I’ve produced a couple of “what if” pictures to cheer them up. You see it’s not good enough for Kurt or Booker to advertise any old product. What if they’re advertising their own brand shampoo? Here’s a bottle of it on the screen…

*Edge points to the Titantron. On there, this picture (and all the others shown) appears on the large screen:*

post-7424-1172886312.jpg

Edge: Angle Essences - it so orgasmic coz Angle sucks! There’s no doubt that Angle Essences would go down as the greatest shampoo ever… Look, here’s one satisfied customer:

post-7424-1172886341.jpg

Edge: I could make the old joke about orgasms, but that ain’t what’s happening in this picture. Booker’s looking in the mirror and realizing that Angle Essences is actually so totally bad. Really bad. In fact, so bad he’s losing his hair because of it…

post-7424-1172886362.jpg

*The titantron fades afterwards, with the camera concentrating fully on Edge again.*

Edge: The reason why we’re facing each other may be, shall we say, less than conventional, but Kurt I’m here to tell you something. On Sunday, there will be no more shampoo or no more of these shenanigans… Just me, and you, in this ring! At Backlash, things will get serious, and I am gonna pull out everything I’ve got to defeat you. Oh and I will defeat you Kurt, I’m fairly confident of that. After I get my hand raised by the referee, I’ll move on ever closer to a shot at the WWF Undisputed Championship. And it will all be at the expense of you!

“Never Gonna Stop” hits again. Edge poses to give the fans a photo opportunity. As Smackdown goes into its first commercial break, Cole and Tazz hype up Kurt Angle versus Edge this Sunday at Backlash!

Edge is ready for Kurt Angle at Backlash – 71% rating

2 - WWF EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH - MARK HENRY VERSUS WILLIAM REGAL ©

As Smackdown returned from commercial break, we were shown footage from last week's episode with European Champion William Regal getting himself purposely counted out in his match with Mark Henry to save his title. As the camera came back to the ring, the Arnold Classic winner himself was standing in the ring looking quite angered. Soon enough, the classical British theme of the European Champion played and wisely Regal made his entrance with weary and watchful eyes. After standing outside of the ring for a few moments, Regal climbed in but was immediately received a clubbing forearm to the back that knocked him straight to the mat. William scampered to his feet quickly, but Henry grabbed ahold of his arm and whipped him into the opposing corner. The big man then followed it up with a running avalanche that further deflated the lungs of the wily Brit. Regal rolled out of the ring looking to regain his breath, and Henry took a moment to pose for the fans. Meanwhile, on the outside Regal had his back turned to the "World's Strongest Man," so Henry hadn't seen Regal dig into his trunks and put on a pair of brass knuckles. Tired of waiting, Henry leaned over the top rope and went to grab a hold of the European Champion - and received the Power of the Punch with Regal's loaded hand! Seeing this, referee Charles Robinson called for the bell on grounds of a disqualification!

Mark Henry def. William Regal (DQ) - (OR: 62%, CR: 67%, MQ: 53%, *1/2 Rating)

William Regal lost a point of overness

What Regal doesn't expect though, is that his strike has little to no effect on Mark Henry! The powerlifter simply shrugs off the blow and immediately becomes enraged! Henry reaches over, grabs Regal, and launches him back into the ring; it is a truly shocking display of power! Regal gets back up to his feet, holding his lower back in pain; but Henry isn't through. The "World's Strongest Man" lifts Regal up onto his shoulders into Torture Rack position, and then sits to his ass; sending Regal's body flailing awkwardly. As Michael Cole puts over the move as the "One Rep Max," Henry raises his arms and lets out a roar - once again the Champion has screwed him out of the European Title, but this week Henry gets at least some retribution.

3 – BOOKER/ANGLE TALK TO THE BOSS

In the office of Ric Flair, the Smackdown owner is feeling the full wrath of Kurt Angle and Booker T’s anger. Flair is trying to get a word in from his facial and hand expressions with no luck.

Booker T: Did ya see that?! Edge made me look bald!

Kurt Angle: That’s nothing… He gave me a freakin’ chrome dome and then claimed my brand of shampoo sucks, which is totally not true!

Booker T: Man, Angle Essences don’t even exist!

Kurt Angle: Well… Not yet anyway.

Ric Flair: [raised voice] Excuse me gentlemen, but why are ya tellin’ me all this?

Booker T: It’s pretty simple Ric. With full agreement of Kurt…

*Kurt gives him a pat on the shoulder for encouragement.*

Booker T: I’m here to demand you change a match at Backlash. I wanna rematch with Edge but this time, picture it… [with feeling] A shampoo on a pole match!!!

*Ric gets a smile on his face.*

Ric Flair: Deal!

Booker T: Thank you R---

Ric Flair: BUT! For this match to happen, Kurt’s gotta agree to take on your original Backlash opponent… The Big Show!!!

Kurt Angle: [choking] WHAT?!?!? WOAH! No freakin’ way Book!

Booker T: But we had a deal!

Kurt Angle: Screw that, I ain’t facing Show…

Ric Flair: Fair enough. At Backlash, Edge versus Angle stays the same… And Booker gets Big Show!

*Booker stares in disbelief over his (pun intended) monster task at Backlash. Kurt gives him another pat on the shoulder.*

Kurt Angle: Good luck there, partner!

*Kurt tries to walk away, but stops when Flair talks again.*

Ric Flair: Not so fast Kurt! With you two tryin’ to swap ‘round matches, I have an idea for tonight. Booker, you’ve got a match against Edge, but it ain’t shampoo on a pole, it’s a normal wrestling match. And Kurt, in the main event, you’re facing…

Kurt Angle: Is it Funaki? Me and him have an intense rivalry!

Ric Flair: …The Big Show, and everybody is banned from ringside for both matches. WOOOOO!!!

*Kurt stares in disbelief just like Booker did over having to face Show as Smackdown heads back to ringside...*

Edge/Booker and Angle/Show booked for tonight – 81% rating

4 - JEFF HARDY (W/LITA) VERSUS LANCE STORM (W/CHRISTIAN AND TEST)

Heading back to the ring, Jeff Hardy awaited the arrival of the three men who have been making his life on Smackdown hell since the brand extension, Lance Storm, Christian, and Test. As Lita looked on in Jeff's corner, the Canadian trio arrogantly walked to the ring - and Jeff Hardy took them all out with a plancha over the top rope! Hardy had seemingly found the fire within as he lifted Lance Storm, his official opponent of the night, and tossed him into the ring. Jeff unleashed his trademark offensive moves including the always crowd favorite of spreading Storm's legs and legdropping his crotch. If it was a one on one contest, things surely looked as if Hardy would pull off the "W" here tonight, but keeping in the theme of the past few weeks the numbers game came in. As Hardy looked to climb to the top turnbuckle, Christian hopped up onto the apron and attempted to get into the ring - immediately sparking the referee's attention. Seeing the plan at hand, Lita got up as well and began arguing with Christian and the referee. The Canadians numbers advantage proved to be the deciding point as Test knocked Jeff off of the top rope, and Storm hit him right in the chin with the Superkick after Hardy returned to his feet. Christian then grabbed a hand full of Lita's hair and pushed her off of the apron! He then hopped off himself, and the ref returned his attention to the action in the ring. Cover, and the fall was academic.

Lance Storm p. Jeff Hardy - (OR: 76%, CR: 69%, MQ: 84%, ***1/4 Rating)

5 - THE BREAKING POINT

Outside of the ring, Lita holds her head in pain and Christian just laughs. He then joins his comrades in the ring as Jeff rolls out and checks on Lita. Upset by the turn of events, Jeff calls for a microphone.

Jeff Hardy: What's the deal with you guys, huh? Since I came to Smackdown, you've done nothin' but make my life, and Lita's life a livin' hell! Well ya know what, I'm sick of it!

*Hardy brings the microphone to his waist, as Christian gets a microphone himself*

Christian: [laughing, and making cry baby gestures] Well, "Jeff" what are ya gonna do about it!?

Jeff Hardy: I'm gonna challenge the three of ya' to a match this Sunday at Backlash!

*The Canadians reaction is priceless, as they look as if they're going to bust their guts in laughter, Jeff meanwhile is dead serious.*

Test: Let me get this straight Hardy, you want the three of us this Sunday?

*Jeff nods his head, and Test rolls his eyes before handing the microphone over to Storm*

Lance Storm: If I were you Jeff, I'd get some backup 'cause I don't think she's going to do you any good... no, wait I have a better idea. Don't get backup, it'll be a handicap match!

*Storm puts the microphone down, but just as the Canadians are about to share a laugh, they are blindsided from behind by two huge men that have ignited the crowd with cheers. It's Faarooq and Bradshaw, the APA! Bradshaw literally flattened Christian right off the bat with a clothesline from hell, and Storm and Test get their shares too. Without hesitation, the ring is soon cleared and the APA stand tall. One thing is now certainly clear, as Storm, Christian and Test look on from the ramp with sheer terror and surprise on their faces - This Sunday Jeff Hardy has the best backup that money can buy!

Hardy and The APA vs. Christian, Lance Storm and Test signed for Backlash - 71% Rating

6 – EDGE VERSUS BOOKER T

Booker T came out by himself for his match versus Edge as Michael Cole emphasized how everybody was banned from ringside for the match. Edge began the Wrestlemania 18 rematch on the attack, building up his offensive with hiptosses, quick clotheslines and even a mini-spear in the corner. Trying to end things quickly with the Implant DDT, Booker pushed him away, fleeing out of the ring for a breather. Despite the referee trying to restrain him, Edge made the rookie mistake of going to the outside, chasing Booker and getting stomped upon reentry. Booker proceeded to smother Edge with tight offensive, using unimaginative moves like back chops and a back drop. He landed a knee to the face and went for a cover to get a two count. Booker ran to the ropes in another attack a moment later, trying the axe kick. Edge however slipped out of the move, making Booker fall into a backslide for the two count. This move came back to haunt Edge moments later when he went for a swinging neckbreaker in the same set-up, eating a Harlem Sidekick as a consequence. Booker did the spinaroony in celebration.

By the time the celebration ended, Edge was back on his feet. He dodged another Harlem Sidekick, causing Booker to wedge his groin against the top rope. Edge yanked the rope up and down to further the pain until Booker got flung out to ringside. As the referee cautioned Edge, Booker got pissed off, pushing Tony Chimmel away so he could steal his chair. Folding the chair up, Booker dashed back into the ring. He swung it at Edge…… And missed! Edge kicked him in the stomach and immediately gave him the Implant DDT! He made the cover: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!!

Edge p. Booker T – (OR: 80%, CR: 81%, MQ: 81%, ***1/4 rating)

“Never Gonna Stop” by Rob Zombie hits as Edge is declared the winner! Edge gets his hand raised by the referee before he celebrates with the fans by posing on the middle turnbuckle. As he departs up the rampway, the camera gets a shot of Booker T in the ring, shocked over his loss to Edge.

7 – DIVA BIKINI CONTEST

Smackdown comes back on-air from a commercial break. In the middle of the ring is Michael Cole, microphone in hand, looking rather happy for a reason made clear in what he says...

Michael Cole: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Smackdown! It is now time for the Smackdown Diva Bikini Contest! Let’s bring out the competitors!

*One by one, the divas are introduced separately. The women taking part are Ivory, Torrie Wilson, Jacqueline and Trish Stratus. All of them are wearing dressing gowns of some description, purposely covering their bikinis until the competition begins. After the entrances, the four line up single file against the ropes.*

Michael Cole: Alright, the rules for this contest are pretty simple! When it’s your turn, you have thirty seconds to reveal your bikini. The winner will be decided by the reaction of the great Smackdown fans here tonight… Ivory, you’re up first!

*Ivory’s theme music plays. Ivory steps to the centre of the ring and quickly strips off her dressing gown to reveal a normal lime green bikini. She does several forceful poses using the ringropes, but the audience’s reaction remains quite tepid. After her thirty seconds, she gets back in line.*

Michael Cole: Torrie, you’re next!

*Torrie’s music plays. Already the fans are cheering, flash photography at the ready to get a piece of Torrie. Torrie teases the fans with the gown before slowly stripping it off to a huge pop. The bikini is black and quite revealing even for a bikini! After leaning against the ropes for a cleavage shot, she spends the rest of her thirty seconds pulling up her thong so more and more of her ass is revealed.*

Michael Cole: Wow! Torrie’s gonna be hard to beat! Let’s see if Jackie can top that!

*Jacqueline’s music plays. She looks very moody/angry and reluctant to participate. Grabbing her robe, she looks to the left and then to the right, surveying an audience that is (so far) uninterested in what she has to offer. Jackie goes to strip when she yells something angrily at Michael Cole and walks out. She has no regrets in her decision, never looking back as she walks up the rampway.*

Michael Cole: Well I guess Jacqueline didn’t want to take part… To finish off the contest – the #1 contender to the Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus!

*Instantly the arena erupts (although whether or not louder than Torrie’s reaction is subject to debate). Trish walks to the centre of the ring sexily. In what seems like forever, she teases to take off the robe when she too decides against it too! Unlike Jackie though, it’s all an act. Trish calls Torrie over. Torrie proceeds to strip Trish erotically until a shiny red bikini is revealed. Trish turns to show her ass at the camera, to which Torrie lightly spanks it. Trish spends the remaining of the thirty seconds being playful with Torrie Wilson. Whether unwitting or not, the crowd’s reaction for Trish easily surpasses Torrie’s thanks to the latter’s own involvement.*

Michael Cole: I think I---

*Suddenly, Jazz appears from out of nowhere, lamping Trish in the back of the head with a forearm shot! As Torrie flees from the ring scared, Ivory tries to attack Jazz in revenge for the swerve last week. Jazz however kicks her in the stomach and executes a powerbomb! Jazz turns back to Trish, who is stunned. The Women’s Champion pulls Trish by the hair.*

Jazz: [screaming at the crowd] I’m a bad bitch!

*Jazz turns Trish around and places her into the Jazz Stretch. Trish groans in pain, a pain further increased when she’s dropped head first onto the canvas. Jazz gives Michael Cole an icy look, which causes him to flee the ring in fear. With Trish down and out, Jazz gets on top of Stratus and locks in the deadly STF! Trish screams as Jazz wrenches the neck mercilessly. Finally the referees dash down to the ring to separate things, the damage has been done though.*

*Jazz gets booed when she taunts the crowd in the aftermath. Smiling sadistically, she looks down at her half-naked, unconscious Backlash opponent as if she’s a piece of crap before leaving the ring.*

Jazz mauls Trish to abruptly end the bikini contest – 63% rating

Jazz gained a point of overness

8 - A REMATCH DERAILED AND A CHALLENGER OVER THE EDGE

As Smackdown returns from commercial break, Crash Holly paces back and fourth in the ring. He is amped tonight, as Tazz and Cole tell us, for his Cruiserweight Title rematch with Tajiri. Instead of Tajiri though, Chris Jericho power walks out of the curtain. The number one contender to the Undisputed Title is armed with a chair, and the glazed over, almost maniacal expression remains on his face. Crash isn't quite sure of what is going on and instead of running he keeps his ground. This proves to be a fatal error in judgment as Jericho looks at Crash for a moment; jaw jacks some inaudible response, and then cracks the chair over Holly's head! Crash hits the deck, but Jericho isn't done as he brings the chair across Crash's back again and again before using his foot to knock Holly out of the ring. With the Cruiserweight title now not happening, Jericho calls for a microphone.

Chris Jericho: I think I've made my point crystal clear! If anyone is a joke, his name sure as hell isn't Chris Jericho!

*The fans boo as Jericho smiles deviously*

Chris Jericho: And now my Jerichoholics, just three days remain until the Ayatollah of Rock - and Roll'a, gets back what is rightfully his; MY WWF Undisputed Title! And Triple H, if you've got a problem with that Junior, well I'd be more than happy to give you another "rib busting" reminder of why I am... the King of the World!

*Jericho steps back and looks toward the entrance ramp, having given the open invite for Triple H to make his entrance. Sure enough, with the tensions between the two perhaps at an all time high, Motorhead's "The Game" plays and Triple H comes out to the ramp, microphone in hand and Title over his shoulder.*

Triple H: "Rib busting?" That's a good one Jericho, but if anyone's gonna be doing any "busting," it's gonna be me!

*With that said, Hunter slams the microphone down on the ramp, drops the title to the floor and rushes down the ramp before sliding into the ring. Jericho nails him with a few kicks, but they are shrugged off as Triple H gets to his feet and lands a blow to Jericho's head. They exchange shots back and fourth until Jericho whips Hunter into the ropes, but the Undisputed Champion fires back and spears the top contender to his title, sending them both crashing through the ropes, and to the floor! The crowd is going nuts as Triple H motions for Tony Chimmel to get up and out of the way. After doing so, Hunter grabs the steel chair and folds it up before looking back at the man who mercilessly attacked him with a weapon weeks ago.*

*Jericho though, proves his standing as a dirty SOB as he nails Triple H with an uppercut right between the legs. It's a move that Hunter feels the effects of immediately, as he drops the chair and keels over in pain. "Y2J," then grabs a hold of Helmsley's arm and uses his weight to launch Triple H's body into the steel steps at ringside; knocking them from their rightful position.*

*The tables turned, Jericho's face brightens with a sickening smile and the top contender grabs the chair that the champion was holding just moments prior. Without hesitation, Jericho brings the chair down on its end right into Hunter's bruised ribs again and again. Helmsley moans in agony and Jericho drops the chair; having worser intentions in mind. "Y2J" leans over and grabs a hold of Hunter who manages to land a few blows on his attacker. But Jericho chokes Triple H enough to wedge the champion between the ring post and the unforgiving steel steps; jockeying them so that the pointed edge is right against Triple H's ribs. Then Chris gets far back, and sprints toward the stairs before dropping down into a baseball slide and kicking the steps right into Hunter's ribs with sickening impact! The fans in the arena are livid as Triple H's body quivers from the sickening attack.*

Tazz: This is bad Cole, this is really bad!

Michael Cole: We need some help out here, Jericho has gone completely over the edge here tonight!

Over the edge, maybe. But as the EMTs rush out to tend to the WWF Champion, Jericho has in his possession the one thing that has alluded him this entire time; the Undisputed Title belt. With a glaze in his eyes, "Y2J" finally looks at peace as he stares at the legendary gold with a vindictive smile upon his face and Smackdown goes to commercial break.

Chris Jericho reinjuries Triple H's ribs - 80% Rating

Chris Jericho lost two points of overness

9 - NON TITLE MATCH - BILLY & CHUCK (W/RICO) VERSUS PERRY SATURN AND "PLANET" STASIAK

When we come back from commercial break fans at home are treated to a highlight clip of what just went down, before the camera headed back to the ring where the "odd" duo of Perry Saturn and Planet Stasiak. They are having what appears to be a conversation, but Stasiak takes offense when Tony Chimel announces his name as "Shawn Stasiak." He yells and pokes his finger into the ring announcers chest until Chimel finally goes along and announces him as "Planet Stasiak". With the rather "nutty" competitor then happy, the World Tag Team Champions Billy & Chuck made their way to the ring with their stylist Rico at their side. Chuck started things off with Saturn, as the two bulking men locked up; with Chuck immediately putting Saturn into a side headlock. Saturn, being the ring veteran that he is, quickly shrugged Chuck into the ropes; Chuck however steamrolled back and knocked Perry to the mat with a shoulder block. After dragging Saturn into enemy territory, the WWF Tag Tam Champs utilized a method of quick tags to keep both fresh, yet keep the pressure on Saturn. However, Saturn would get the break he was asking for when Billy tried for the Fame-ass-er, but the former Radical lifted his torso up, and locked Billy into a T-Bone Suplex that turned him inside out.

With both men fighting to their corners, Billy tagged Chuck - and Saturn tagged Stasiak! The fresher two men fought back and fourth. Billy, perhaps not having enough of the fight before the tag attempted to come back in; Saturn though used the last bit of energy he had to rush at Billy and take them over the top rope with a clothesline! Rico jumped onto the apron for some reason as Chuck motioned for his Superkick. Stasiak got to his feet, and just as Palumbo was about to nail his patented move, Spike Dudley rushed into the ring, caught Palumbo off guard, grabbed his neck, scaled the turnbuckle and planted the big man with the Dudley Dog! Stasiak took what was given and covered Palumbo. The referee turned back around and made the fall: 1, 2, 3! What a huge upset!

Planet Stasiak and Perry Saturn def. Billy & Chuck - (OR: 64%, CR: 49%, MQ: 80%, **3/4 Rating)

Planet Stasiak gained 1 point of overness from this match

Perry Saturn gained 1 point of overness from this match

Spike, having made his point headed back through the crowd as a pissed of Billy rushed the ring in anger. Stasiak too, heads out of the ring and joins his partner in victory. The Tag Champs aren't happy to say the least.

10 - IS A FORFEIT IN THE WORKS?

Heading backstage, the cameras are in the parking lot as the red lights of an ambulance reflect off of the arena, cars and just about everything else. Triple H is being loaded into the ambulance and Chris Jericho is shown close to the camera with an almost orgasmic looking trance on his face. The back door opens up, just behind "Y2J" a red faced "Nature Boy" Ric Flair walks out and grabs Jericho by the shoulder, spinning him around.

Ric Flair: [irate] Just what in the hell did you think you were doing out there huh!?!?!?

*Jericho quickly pries Flair's arm off of his shoulder*

Chris Jericho: [happy] Don't you get it Ric!? Triple H isn't going to make it to Backlash! So I guess that means... you're looking at the NEW Undiiiiiisputed Champion... of the World!

Ric Flair: Oh you think so, huh?

Chris Jericho: That's right, on grounds of a forfeit! I don’t care if I face Hunter or not, as long as I get what’s rightfully mine back!

*Jericho digs into the pockets of his leather pants and pulls out a packet of stapled papers.*

Chris Jericho: It's right here in the damn contract Flair, "in the event of the champion being unable to compete in the sanctioned bout, he will in turn be forced to forfeit said championship!" Pleasure talkin' to ya, Naitch!

*Jericho tosses the papers at Flair who looks at the papers, his face still red. Jericho walks off, and Flair looks at Triple H being loaded into the ambulance.*

Ric Flair: [shaking his head] God help us all...

Jericho and Flair talk in the parking lot - 92% Rating

11 – BIG SHOW VERSUS KURT ANGLE

The main event pitted Big Show and a man clearly intimidated by him Kurt Angle. To make matters worse, all interference was made forbidden earlier tonight by Ric Flair. Kurt tried to wrestle his own pace of match early on, but any attempts at grappling equaled Angle being overpowered. Kurt’s attempt at a tie-up resulted in being pushed all the way back to his own corner, and thrown to the other corner when he used his momentum to bounce straight back. Show forced Kurt to the corner where he unleashed devastating chops to Kurt’s chest. Show followed up with a boot, choking Kurt at the throat. Show whipped Kurt to the opposite corner and tried a body splash. He missed though, and Kurt instinctively went for a German Suplex with (obviously) failed results. Show elbowed him in the face, Angle stumbled back, Show ran forward but fell into a drop toe hold from the Olympic gold medal winner!

Kurt did a headlock until both Show forced his way back onto his feet. Show pushed Angle to the ropes and did a big boot on the way back. Show then bounced himself to the ropes and tried a big elbow drop, but missed. With Big Show winded, Angle got onto his knees, realized the situation and immediately ran to the corner. There, he stripped away a turnbuckle cover, naturally to the referee’s objection. When the referee was distracted fixing one pad, Angle went to another corner and unfastened the other instead. For good measure, Kurt got in a low blow as Show stood back up. In an amazing feat of strength, Angle executed the Angle Slam on Big Show! Angle went for the cover as the ref finally turned around: ONE!!! TWO!!! Show threw Angle off him!

Kurt looked at Show, shocked at what happened. Angle ran at Show and received two headbutts. Show grabbed Kurt, kicked him in the stomach and executed the Alley-Oop!!! Angle landed head first on the canvas, knocking him senseless. Show goes for the mandatory pinfall to confirm his victory: ONE!!! TWO!!! THRE---!!! NO! Kurt gets a foot on the ropes! Show can’t believe it, but continues on anyway, lifting Kurt up to a standing stance into the chokeslam position. Angle sluggishly elbows him in the face until Show lets go. Angle stumbles to the corner to try to rest. Show charges at him, only for Kurt to move and slam his head straight into the exposed turnbuckle steel!!! The Big Show fell to the ground and Kurt immediately made the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!! Kurt steals one!

Kurt Angle p. Big Show – (OR: 77%, CR: 82%, MQ: 66%, **1/2 rating)

After the match, Kurt celebrates as if he’s won the Olympics all over again, while Cole and Tazz emphasize how Angle’s cheating got him the lucky win. Angle raises his arms and hops around, basking in the glory of victory. He spins around…

Straight into a spear from Edge! Where the hell did he come from?!?!

As Smackdown ends, Edge rolls out of the ring as “Never Gonna Stop” plays. Heading up the stage backwards, he watches Kurt rolling around in the ring holding onto his gut, swearing revenge on Edge. Who will win the showdown between former friends Kurt Angle and Edge? Find out this Sunday at Backlash!!!

Quick Results:

- Mark Henry def. William Regal (DQ) (European Title)

- Lance Storm def. Jeff Hardy

- Edge def. Booker T

- Planet Stasiak & Perry Saturn def. Billy & Chuck (Non-Title)

- Kurt Angle def. Big Show

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 71%, Television Rating: 5.60, Attendance: 7520

----------

MAVEN INJURED

To confirm an earlier news story, Maven was injured at a house show last night with what has been described simply as a “back injury”, inflicted when Maven landed awkwardly on a trash can. It is not serious though and Maven will only be out for a month. Raven pinned Maven last night to become the new WWF Hardcore Champion.

Edited by God-Awful

So Backlash is just around the corner now and the Raw feuds are nicely developed, and SmackDown is certainly on it's way, and presumably after this, it'll be in the same position as Raw.

A solid opening promo from Edge, keeping his cocky "dude" gimmick going, whereas he's managing to bring a serious side to the table at the same time. Good work and it helps continue the feud, however, I don't know if I like the idea of this opening the show, oh well.

You seem to have a lot of DQs and no finishes in this diary, maybe that was the trend at the time, I don't really recall. Henry/Regal seems to be a lock for Backlash now, good booking in this match.

Setting a couple of matches for later in the night, putting Angle, Booker and Flair in the same segment, seems very good booking to me. The writing was above par as well, loved the goofiness of Angle coming in.

So Jeff has no faced all 3 of the Canadians, and he didn't lose cleanly, which shows the fighting spirit you seem to be putting in Jeff. I like that, this is surely a match for Backlash.

Whoo, the APA helping out Hardy, I like the idea. This was a well-written segment, and as usual I love the characters, particularly Cage's, Hardy's seemed a tad up front for him, but whatever, nothing too major. Like I said sensible booking here as well, with the APA being the ideal team to fill in as partners.

Edge going over Booker, I guess that makes sense seeing as Booker/Angle have dominated this feud, I guess evening it out is good. Not much to comment on really, well written match with a good finish.

Eh, it's a pretty typical bikini contest to be honest, not much more I can say, other than it logically continues the feud whilst still keeping women as T&A.

Jericho squashing a relative jobber at the start of his match, tick, ridiculous catchphrases and name calling, tick, logical feud progression with Triple H, tick, heel injuring face 3 days before pay per view, tick. Loved this segment, logical and realistic. Top work.

What seemed a pretty throwaway match between two comedy characters and the tag champs, turned out to see the return of Spike Dudley, screwing Billy & Chuck out of a match. To be honest, a couple of chair shots to Rico and Billy would have been good, but it's Spike Dudley, I suppose he couldn't really hold his own in there with three heavyweights for too long.

And we all know this means Triple H will make a miracle recovery :P Nonetheless, it's a well written and realistically booked segment, even though the outcome is very predictable. Only thing I will say is perhaps Naitch could have been a little more of a stereotypical Ric Flair than you portrayed.

So Kurt managed to overcome the odds after trying every trick in the book, I like it, and the aftermath was great too, I'd have expected Booker to try and make the save, but whatever, it was the end of the show, no need for everyone to charge to the ring I guess, good match.

Overall, I loved the show, and the things I didn't like were only minor things, if I was going to grade it, I'd give it a B+ if not an A-, nothing went wrong on the card, everything served a purpose and it was a very enjoyable read. You're two very good writers and bookers. Roll on Backlash.

backlfr7.png

WWF BACKLASH 2002

The Official Prediction Contest

Part I.

(No submissions without a statement or two in the comments field regarding why you are predicting one side to win over the other will count. If the last statement was confusing, simply put we don't just want the readers to go through and simply pick a winner. Let us know why you're picking that person!)

There are multiple chances to earn points in this contest. Firstly you will notice that before each bout the symbol (#__) appears. In this space, order the card how you think it will happen when we post results. For each match you order correctly you get 1 bonus point.

(#__) WWF Undisputed Championship Match

Chris Jericho versus Triple H ©

Winner (3 points):

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points):

Comments:

(#__) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Trish Stratus versus Jazz ©

Winner (3 points):

Comments:

(#__) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

The Dudley Boyz versus Billy & Chuck © w/Rico

Winner (3 points):

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points):

Comments:

(#__) Six Man Tag-Team Match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Kane and Hulk Hogan versus The New World Order

Winners (3 points):

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point):

Comments:

(#__) Non Title Grudge Match

The Undertaker versus Rob Van Dam (Intercontinental Champion)

Winner (3 points):

Comments:

(#__) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Winner (3 points):

Comments:

(#__) Six Man Tag Team Match

The APA and Jeff Hardy w/ Lita versus Lance Storm, Christian and Test

Winners (3 points):

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point):

Comments:

(#__) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points):

Comments:

(#__) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Winner (3 points):

Comments:

Part II.

The following Questions are bonus questions, giving you the last chance to pull out the win.

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?:

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match?

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

Edited by Idolshizzle

Presuming Number 1 is first and 7/8/9/whatever is the main event, these are my predictions:

(#9) WWF Undisputed Championship Match

Winner (3 points): Triple H

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Pin

Comments: To be honest, I don't know, it'd seem a bit silly for Triple H to throw away the title to the guy he won it from so soon after, and I'd like to think you don't want to play hot potato with it like WWF/E began doing at the time. However, you kinda went out of your way to make Jericho in this match, despite originally not being allowed in the match. I picked Triple H because it was slightly more logical, but...

(#8) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Winner (3 points): Trish Stratus

Comments: Again, not really sure about this one, IIRC, Jazz has pretty much dominated this feud so far, so I went for Trish. This match will probably serve as the heat killer between the nWo and the main event.

(#3) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): The Dudley Boyz

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): If Rico is an option, then him, if not Chuck.

Comments: The Dudleys need to pick up the win, otherwise the storyline won't seem right.

(#7) Six Man Tag-Team Match

Winners (3 points): The New World Order

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Kane

Comments: Too early for this feud to end, that'll happen at Judgement Day, so for now the feud will continue by the good not yet conquering evil.

(#6) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): Undertaker

Comments: I can't really see why it'd be non-title if the Undertaker wasn't going to win.

(#4) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Winner (3 points): Brock Lesnar

Comments: Come on, it's a jobber match.

(#2) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): The APA and Jeff Hardy

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Lance Storm

Comments: Jeff needs some revenge on the Canadians and I'd be surprised to see this continue, really.

(#5) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): The Big Show

Comments: He's your big dominant monster, of course he's going to win, either that or Booker will pull off a sly one.

(#1) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Winner (3 points): Kurt Angle

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Submission

Comments: Well, this kinda evens out the face:heel wins ratio, and seeing as this feud and the Booker/Show feud have overlapped, I guess it's logical that there's one win for each 'side'.

Part II.

The following Questions are bonus questions, giving you the last chance to pull out the win.

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?: Yes

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match? Scott Hall

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Kurt Angle vs. Edge

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: The APA and Jeff Hardy w/ Lita versus Lance Storm, Christian and Test

Comments: It's got to be Triple H. If you do plan on Jericho winning the belt, the feud really needs dragging out for longer than a month. Whereas HHH - Undertaker is gold and needs to happen on Raw's side next month. Hence, with Taker-HHH ready to be booked post Backlash, HHH retains. Jericho goes insane.

(#4) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Comments: Jazz is IMO, a poor character in any diary and comes across as boring to write, Trish wins as she's probably the best candidate on the roster for the title. Jacqueline costs Jazz the belt maybe.

(#6) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): The Dudley Boyz

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): William Gunn.

Comments: The Dudleyz haven't had the upper hand to my mind, so it makes sense for them to win now, unless the feud plans on going longer. I'm really clueless on this one.

Winners (3 points): Team Austin

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): X-Pac

Comments: Gotta go with the star power here. An nWo win is really obvious with the way the last few Raw's have panned out, so I'll be different, though its gonna cost me. Hogan gets the win on X-Pac. I can see a finish where Austin and maybe Nash brawl to the back just before the match finish to continue the feud mind.

(#2) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): Undertaker

Comments: The non-title aspect really gives it away for me. As I said, it looks like you might go with Tweener HHH Vs Tweener Undertaker for the belt next month in the Raw title match. This gives Taker momentum, while RVD keeps the belt. Everyones a winner.

(#8) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Comments: Big things for Lesnar, it'd make sense for it to be in between the two big matches to give him some serious exposure, while it being a squash meaning that it works well to cool the crowd.

(#1) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): The APA and Jeff Hardy

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Farooq

Comments: Jeff has been battered every week and could do with the win, but then again there's potential from all of Storm, Test and Christian, so they could do with a PPV win too. I'll go with the Canucks, because the APA can job without losing face.

(#3) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (1 points): The Big Show

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): DQ

Comments: Both are coming off the back of Smackdown losses, so I can see a bullshit finish giving both guys some sort of mini-victory. Show wins by DQ or countout.

(#5) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Comments: Face Big Show wins, so a heel Angle win evens it out. Edge is being booked strongly, but he isnt quite ready to be elevated to Angle status just yet. Pinfall victory though, cant see Edge tapping twice in a month.

Part II.

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match? Hogan

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Triple H Vs Jericho

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Booker Vs Big Show

Comments: Chris Jericho is being built up very well, and it would make him bad if he lost to Triple H cleanly once again. Imo, Jericho will snap and beat the holy hell out of Triple H. I also don't think Jericho will get the title so soon after dropping it at Wrestlemania.

Comments: Jazz is just such a boring character, I can see her losing the title her and end up disappearing for while. Maybe Torrie will help Trish win?

(#4) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): Billy & Chuck

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): Bubba

Comments: The Dudley Boyz were so stale at this point, that it wouldn't really make sense to take the titles off the fresher team of Billy & Chuck. Besides, Perry Saturn and Stasiak are going to end up beating Billy & Chuck for the belts imo.

Winners (3 points):Steve Austin, Kane and Hulk Hogan

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): X-Pac

Comments: Hulk lost at Wrestlemania, I doubt he'd be on the losing team here, unless it's a swerve and he joins the NWO again. I hope I'm wrong though, as the NWO needs to look strong.

(#5) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): The Undertaker

Comments: my theory is that Undertaker is going to end up getting a shot at the title at Judgment Day, so I can see him winning this match to look strong for that match. Besides, it won't hurt RVD to suffer a loss to The Undertaker.

(#3) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Comments: Poor Matt is going to get killed here. I hope you find something better for the angelic diablo to do other than being a jobber on RAW.

(#1) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): APA and Jeff Hardy

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Christian

Comments: I can see APA being involved for awhile with Hardy against the Canadians, so they're going to walk out with the win here.

(#2) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): Big Show

Comments: Angle's winning his match, so Booker will lose here to balance it out.

(#6) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Comments: Angle cheats and walks away with the win, but the feud is far from over.

Part II.

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match? Hulk Hogan

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Jericho/HHH

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Women's match

Part I.

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Pinfall

Comments: I have really enjoyed this fued so far. You portray both characters perfectly. There brawl on the most recent episode of Smackdown was my favourite part of the show. While Jericho has looked incredibly strong throughout this past month, i can't imagine Triple H having such a short title reign after just winning the belt at Wrestlemania. HHH to win with the Pedigree.

Winner (3 points): Trish

Comments: The Womens Division has been really boring so far. I mean, i just don't care. All the segments seem pointless and awkward to read. Whatever, i guess Trish will win. Would prefer Jazz did though.

(#2) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): Billy & Chuck

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): Bubba Ray

Comments: Billy and Chuck are just the better option for me. The Dudleyz have had the belts like a million times before this point, keep them on Billy & Chuck, it's more fresh. Plus it will be easier to put the belts on Stasiak and Saturn with the face/heel divide. Planet Stasiak ftw!

Winners (3 points): Austin, Kane & Hogan

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Scott Hall... you keep on burying him weekly, why stop now ?

Comments: I like this fued. In real life, i would of marked the fuck out for the final segment on Raw. Should be a horrible match though. Dear god... Uh, anyway i am almost certain the face team will get the win here. I would rather you suprised me though and kept nWo looking strong.

(#5) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): The Undertaker

Comments: While it would be nice to see RVD win i think you would prefer Taker get the win to build up to a possible title match with Triple H in the future. I enjoyed the direction you went with Taker on the last few episodes of Raw. This shouldn't be a bad match at all.

(#1) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Comments: Nothing like a squash opening match. Matt deserves better but meh.

(#4) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): Storm, Christain & Test

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Jeff Hardy

Comments: Would be plain silly to have all six man face teams win. Plus it adds a level of interest to this fued, makes the Canadian team look great and it shows Jeff that maybe he needs even bigger, better guys to get rid of the Canadian trio than the APA.

(#6) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): Big Show

Comments: Keeps both men looking fairly strong. Meh, i don't care for this match at all.

(#3) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Submission

Comments: Remember the time when Angle lost his hair against Edge ? Yeah, please don't do that. Bald Kurt does not equal Sexy Kurt. Same goes with Edge, i don't want to imagine what he looks like bald. Uh.. yeah, would like to see Angle win this one and humiliate Edge with something related to shampoo...

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?:

No. But i don't really care either way.

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match?

Steve Austin. He has been the most involved with the nWo.

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

Kurt Angle vs. Edge

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

Jazz vs. Trish