WWF 2002: The Brand Extension

IDOL

(#9) WWF Undisputed Championship Match

Chris Jericho versus Triple H ©

Winner (3 points): Triple H

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Pin

Comments: Triple H only just beat Chris Jericho for the championship last month. There's plenty more mileage to come out of the Triple H title run.

(#8) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Trish Stratus versus Jazz ©

Winner (3 points): Jazz

Comments: The heel champion/face challenger dynamic is always better. Jazz is doing fine as champion and there's plenty of time for Trish to chase for the belt, I say it stays on Jazz for now.

(#1) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

The Dudley Boyz versus Billy & Chuck © w/Rico

Winner (3 points): Billy & Chuck

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): D-Von Dudley

Comments: Kind of like the womens title match in the regard that there's plenty of time for the Dudleyz to challenge. Plus, these two are the only real strong teams so the longer this feud lasts, the better it is for the tag division.

(#7) Six Man Tag-Team Match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Kane and Hulk Hogan versus The New World Order

Winners (3 points): The New World Order

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Kane

Comments: I don't think the nWo have really looked strong as a super-group so far. A win here could provide the momentum they need.

(#4) Non Title Grudge Match

The Undertaker versus Rob Van Dam (Intercontinental Champion)

Winner (3 points): The Undertaker

Comments: I guess you could give RVD the shock win, but it would look better for both if RVD could show he could handle the match with Taker and take it to him but Taker still comes out with the win. Plus, I think you may be establishing Undertaker as your next title challenge.

(#3) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Winner (3 points): Brock Lesnar

Comments: Debuting monster meets jobber to the stars. Duh.

(#2) Six Man Tag Team Match

The APA and Jeff Hardy w/ Lita versus Lance Storm, Christian and Test

Winners (3 points): Lance Storm, Christian and Test

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Submission

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Faarooq

Comments: Kind of the same as the nWo match in that it's a fledging stable against a thrown together team, so the stable needs to look stronger.

(#5) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): the Big Show

Comments: Because...heels are winning in most of the other matches.

(#6) Edge versus Kurt Angle

Winner (3 points): Edge

Comments: It could go either way, I'm going with Edge because a win for him here would show him on equal footing with Kurt, and hold good for the rest of the feud.

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?: Yes

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match? Kevin Nash

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Edge vs. Kurt Angle

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Trish vs. Jazz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get down to predictions soon. But first a look at Smackdown! I won't go into as much detail as usual since I've got predictions to do. Just a few comments.

The opening promo was great in so many ways. Loved the way you portrayed Edge, the images were hilarious and the fact he opens up the show with an uninteruppted promo makes him look pretty important. I would so totally mark out for a 'Shampoo on a pole match' but yeh, that backstage segment was nicely done and put Flair over nicely as the face authority too. A good main event match to follow this all up with Angle and Edge looking strongest, which is good since there feud is the main part of this whole thing whereas Booker and Show seem to be more 'supporting acts'

Loving the Regal/Henry stuff... hopefully itll lead to a cage or No DQ match where Henry will win the belt, even if just for a short while. Curious to see if you'll come up with any other ways for Regal to escape Mark.

The APA addition to the Jeff/Canadians story is maybe a little predictable but a good move. My only quirp is that there is now 2 6 man tags on the PPV as far as I can see. Surely it'd been better to have Jeff vs either Test or Christian with the other 2 at ringside, and the APA at ringside on Jeff's behalf.

You pissed all over your Cruiserweights, but Jericho looked like a badass as a result so thats cool I guess. Nice buildup to the Backlash Title match though.

I mentioned last time I posted that you should stick Saturn and Stasiak together. Glad you have, and to see them score an upset is awesome. Hopefully they'll get to do a little more than just be comedy jobbers in the future.

Anyway, onto predictions;

Winner (3 points): Chris Jericho

Comments: Why else would Jericho be back in the main event when there is so many other people who could challenge? Theres so many more faces in a better posistion to challenge Jericho than there are heels to challenge HHH IMO.

(#8) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Winner (3 points): Jazz

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Submission

Comments: Womens division still sucks, although not as much as at the start. Jazz is a badass.

(#4) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): Billy and Chuck

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): Bubba

Comments: I think the Dudleyz will kick ass after the match, but wont win the belts. I only say this so Saturn and Stasiak can challenge B&C next :P

(#7) Six Man Tag-Team Match

Winners (3 points): nWo

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): DQ

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Austin

Comments: nWo should get the win.. but I reckon we'll see the faces have their moment before the nWo really starts to dominate.

(#5) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): RVD

Comments: I wanted to say Taker to win, but I have nearly all heels winning already. Wanted to say DQ, but i had that last match.... so RVD gets lucky maybe?

(#2) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Winner (3 points): Lesnar

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Match Stoppage.

Comments: Im predicting Lesnar will beat him so badly the match will have to be stopped and Lesnar will be awarded the match. Lets face it, Matt couldn't even beat Hardcore Holly.

(#1) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): Storm, Christian and Test

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): I'll go with Faarooq

Comments: Heels cheat to win, but only by beating the faces weakest member so to speak.

(#3) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): Big Show

Comments: A much needed face win, and since I have Angle beating Edge... its only fair.

Winner (3 points): Kurt Angle

Comments: Angle barely pulls out the win, making Edge look mega strong. Unable to make him tap, Angle sneaks a pin.. probably cheating.

Part II.

The following Questions are bonus questions, giving you the last chance to pull out the win.

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?: Yes.

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match? Nash.

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Undertaker vs RVD

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?: Womens Title match.

Part I.

Winner (3 points): HHH

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Pinfall

Comments: It really wouldn't make too much sense for Triple-H to drop the Undisputed Title just one month after taking it. I figure The H goes over here, but Jericho will still be a strong threat for the title even in losing.

(#3) WWF World Women's Championship Match

Winner (3 points): Trish Stratus

Comments: Trish seems to have more storylines to be able to fall into following a title victory, maybe a "better woman" feud with that sassy, sassy Jacqueline. Jazz, while dominant, is just kind of there. A loss won't be the end of Jazz's world.

(#1) WWF World Tag Team Championship Tables Match

Winner (3 points): Billy & Chuck

Who will be the final man to go through a table? (2 points): D-Von Dudley

Comments: The Dudley Boyz do not need the belts to get over with the crowd. Billy & Chuck were still pretty new at the time, plus they just suffered a clean pinfall loss to Stasiak & Saturn, who could use the rub from B&C, although not a literal rub, I don't know what Saturn's take on B&C's lifestyle is.

(#5) Six Man Tag-Team Match

Winners (3 points): NWO

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Kane, of course.

Comments: I think to keep the NWO on even ground with their face counterparts, they should go over on the Pay-Per-View and strike even more fear into people's hearts. Kane seems like the obvious guy to take a pinfall after some HEELISH tactics.

(#7) Non Title Grudge Match

Winner (3 points): The Undertaker

Comments: If The Undertaker is in fact Triple H's next contender for the Undisputed Title, he wouldn't really benefit from a loss to RVD unless it was a fluky thing and RVD were tossed into the Undisputed mix as well. I just don't see that happening though, not yet for RVD anyway.

(#4) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman versus Matt Hardy

Winner (3 points): Brock Lesnar

Comments: If Brock lost, you may as well just ship him back to OVW, Matt's like 1/2 his size and hasn't been built up as anything monster-esque.

(#8) Six Man Tag Team Match

Winners (3 points): The Un-Americans, Storm, Christian & Test

Who takes the fall/taps/gets DQ's (1 point): Faarooq

Comments: The APA and Jeff Hardy were just thrown together randomly three days ago. It would kill the Un-Americans momentum should the faces win. By not pinning Jeff, he can continue to chase after those dastardly heels.

(#2) The Big Show versus Booker T

Winner (3 points): Big Show

Outcome (DQ/pin/submission) (2 points): Disqualification

Comments: This hasn't really been established yet. Possibly could draw some money with a little more build, so a clean finish here kind of kills any likelihood of a future program between the two. Book should blind him with some shampoo.

Winner (3 points): Edge

Comments: I think a clean pinfall victory for Edge here really solidifies him as a legit player in the upper card ranks, and an irate Angle would be on the warpath for him, leading to a future, larger scale match-up involving some sort of stipulation.

1. Will The Dudley Boyz finally put Rico through a table (Y/N)?:

I say yes. Since they won't win the titles, the fans can at least take solace in the fact that Rico got wood.

2. Who will secure the victory in the Austin/Hogan/Kane vs. NWO match?

Kevin Nash. I can't see X-Pac pinning anybody, and Scott Hall getting the duke just doesn't seem like a possibility. So Nash it is.

3. What will be the highest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

Kurt Angle vs. Edge

4. What will be the lowest Rated Match (Based on EWR MQ Statistic)?:

Big Show & Booker T

Edited by HeroinIsSoPasse

-Well, everyone knew that attack was coming, including the guys who got attacked, and yet, they still couldn’t seem to do anything about it. The good old forklift is usually a very nice addiction to this type of angle, but why in the hell would they throw the key? I never got that part cause somehow someone always seems to get the key and move the forklift. If I were them, I’d have swallowed the damn key.

-Hardcore Tag Match simply seemed like a nice path of destruction for Lesnar. For some reason I want to see him press slam someone over the ropes and through a table. Just seems like something Lesnar would do.

-Hugh Morrus. Cool. I like him. I also like the tag line you used to introduce him. Now it just depends on how you push him, but I really think he could be one of your bigger stars. He has the persona, he has the ability to do a moonsault at his size. I’m not saying World Title material, but midcard titles at least.

-Looks like poor Matt isn’t having it neither as hard, or as good as his brother over on Smackdown. Jeff may be getting his ass beat, but at least people are paying attention to him and he’s not getting beaten by Hardcore Holly. I like Holly, but nobody usually uses him so this loss doesn’t look good for him.

-Wooohoo, Billy and Chuck rule. The Dudley’s were so boring after coming to WWE. If they returned to their ECW roots then I might actually enjoy them, but for now, I’m rooting for Billy and Chuck cause they at least have a gimmick that didn’t quite get old before it came to an end.

-Poor Matt Hardy. I’m not a huge fan of his, but damn, you’re definitely feeding him to the wolf in this one.

-Van Dam against Goldust really wasn’t much except to set up the brawl with Undertaker after the match. I always liked this side of The Undertaker. It actually brought a hell of a match out of Jeff Hardy during this era with that ladder match the two had.

-Table Match at Backlash? I so hope Billy and Chuck come out on top in this one. For some reason, I just don’t want to see The Dudley’s with the straps at this point.

-Van Dam gets a bit of revenge, but damn, is he ever going to get killed when it comes to the big match. He actually slashed The Undertakers tire. You don’t touch the Deadman’s bike.

-I know I’m not one to talk, but damn all this crash booking. Just once I’d like to see a main event end with an actual pinfall, or submission. Then again, with the war that’s going on at the top of Raw, you can’t really have clean pinfalls thanks to the numbers game.

-Okay, is it just me or did X-Pac just sit in the monster truck and not get involved when all this went down? There was no mention of him so I could see him trying to roll up the windows and lock the doors to keep anyone from getting inside. Kind of a funny thought, but weird in this case.

Smackdown

-Edge seems quite bland in this promo for some reason. I’m not sure what it is, but I don’t like it for some reason. Not to mention that the first picture that is supposed to be Booker T looks a lot like a starved Ethiopian boy. Yeah, I just wasn’t feeling this promo.

-I hope you’re not going where I think you’re going with this one. Regal gets counted out in their first encounter, disqualified in their second, which can only lead to one place. A No DQ, No Count Out match between the two. Please don’t abuse Regal. I love me some Regal!

-Now see, that was a great promo. I loved how they were all gung-ho about changing the match until Angle had to face Big Show. That just seemed like something Angle would do with changing his mind after that. Not to mention Angle’s remark about his intense rivalry with Funaki. I’d really love to see someone use Funaki. I’m talking actually use him, like CW division or something, not just as cannon fodder.

-While not doing much better, Jeff does seem to be getting the better end of things. So GA-Idol’s version of The Canadian Horsemen have chosen to pick on the suicidal Hardy Boy. Well Hardy has back up. Wonder how much he had to pay. Canadian Horsemen all the way cause we all know Jeff is gay (Hides from Srar)

-Edge and Booker went pretty much the way I figured it would go. Not a lot to say there really.

-Now I liked the bikini contest. Most would have booked it and just had it happen, declared a winner and then done whatever. I like how you used this to not only continue Jackie’s turn, for which she really shouldn’t be turned because she’s simply choosing to be a wrestler and not a barbie doll for the crowd. But that means that she of course becomes a heel. Then Jazz comes out for her attack which was nice to see too. Jackie and Jazz would make a nice team actually.

-Jericho gets the upperhand on this one, and he seems to be doing that a lot lately, which gives me the mind that Triple H is coming out on top at the ppv. Triple H always pulls out these big time wins

-Stasiak being unhappy with his announced entrance is actually quite funny, and this seems like a nice throw away match for the champs. Of course it doesn’t end up that way as you use this as a chance for Spike to get some revenge, and Stasiak and Saturn pick up the win. So, whoever the champs are after the ppv should be defending the titles against Stasiak and Saturn after this, right? Should call them The S.S Brigade.....

-Actually, god help Jericho because we all know that Hunter isn’t forfeiting the belt, which means he’s coming back to get his and poor Jericho’s going to be getting an ass-whooping for his trouble. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jericho, but I’m a fan of Hunter’s no matter what. Face, heel, long winded promos, short funny DX promos, it doesn’t really matter. Triple H wins this one.

-Typical main event here with Angle picking up the win, but using nefarious means to do so. I actually think that move you used should be a comedy gimmick for someone. He removes one pad, the ref puts it back, he removes a second, the ref puts it back and that keeps going until he finally gets to use one. Edge spearing Angle at the end is a nice set up leading into the ppv. Should be great.

backlxy0.png

WWF BACKLASH RESULTS - SUNDAY 21, APRIL 2002

Backlash begins with a video. In slow motion, it shows the events of Wrestlemania X8 where Triple H pinned Chris Jericho for the Undisputed Title while Hulk Hogan shook The Rock’s hand in the centre of the ring. The aftermath and lead up to tonight’s event is shown, with the New World Order having X-Pac join the ranks and up their mission to take out Hogan, Austin and Kane. Meanwhile Chris Jericho goes so crazy that he drives Triple H to submitting into a rematch despite losing a “final chance” match in a triple threat match also involving Stephanie McMahon. The video ends with Y2J injuring Triple H so bad, that Jericho says to Flair that he will become Undisputed Champion by forfeit tonight at Backlash.

“And now, the World Wrestling Federation presents… Backlash!”

“Young Grow Old” by Creed blasts into the arena. The crowd cheer frantically as the fireworks explode to bring in the first ever pay per view in this Brand Extension era. Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler welcome us to Backlash, where three titles are on the line tonight. The main question going into this event is if Triple H will be even able to show up tonight after getting his ribs reinjured by Jericho on Smackdown…

1 - WWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TABLES MATCH - THE DUDLEY BOYZ VERSUS BILLY & CHUCK © (W/RICO)

The familiar sound of a missile launch ushered in the first matchup of the evening as the challengers, The Dudley Boyz came out to the ring with looks of determination on each of their faces, and recieved quite a pop from the crowd. Immediately, both D-Von and Bubba Ray lifted the ring skirt and dragged out a table a piece and set them up; one on top of the other. This of course was in addition to the three other tables already set up around the other sides of the ring. The WWF World Tag Team Champions were out next as Billy and Chuck made their homo-erotic entrance with their stylist Rico close behind. Looking weary, neither man really wanted to get the match underway. The Dudleys however, rushed up the ramp and met the champions with stiff rights and lefts to get the matchup started, albeit in a bit of an unorthadox fashion.

The Dudleys rolled the tag champs into the ring and began their spree of offensive superiority. After knocking Billy down with a double clothesline, the veteran tag champ rolled out of the ring to catch a break. Chuck however, wouldn't get one as D-Von and Bubba turned their attention and whipped him into the ropes. Bouncing back with intense speed, the big man had no way of avoiding what came next; a double hip toss from the challengers that sent him over the top rope and through on of the tables outside! Just like that, the Dudleys were already half way closer to yet another record breaking reign as champions. As Rico checked on Chuck with a look and reaction as if someone had just been shot, Billy rushed back into the ring, grabbed D-Von and threw him into the turnbuckle shoulder first. Billy and Bubba exchanged offense for the next few moments as Chuck regained his exposure and returned to the ring.

Over the next few moments it seemed that neither team had the advantage, until a Bubba-Bomb on Billy sent the tag champ rolling back to the outside. Rico, taking this as his opportunity to provide for his team hit the ring and attempted to hit Bubba with his spin kick; but Bubba ducked, and Rico hit Chuck! The reaction on Rico's face was priceless, and the fans came unglued as Bubba stared at Rico like a dog salivating over a piece of stake. D-Von rolled out of the ring and grabbed a table, and Bubba planted Rico right in the head with a Dusty Rhodes elbow. After setting it up in the ring, the fans knew what was coming next as D-Von grabbed Rico by the hair and whipped him into the ropes; after bouncing back Rico recieved a 3-D right through the table! Finally, the Dudley's had gotten what they longed for, but their celebration wasn't long. Billy returned to the ring, grabbed D-Von by the back of the neck, and planted him with a reverse DDT. Bubba turned around and began brawling with Billy, however Chuck made his way back to the ring and took Bubba down with a superkick to the face. Their attention turned next to D-Von who did his best to hold his own against the two bleached blonde champions. Falling to the numbers, D-Von was soon whipped into the ropes and with a double back body drop - before he crashed and burned through a table outside.

Feeling the match wearing down now, the action intensified as Bubba fought against the two on one advantage. After getting roughed up, Bubba countered a strike from Chuck and planted him with the Bubba-Bomb yet again. Chuck bounced around holding his ass as Billy ran straight into an atomic drop and then a clothesline. D-Von was still out on the outside as Bubba grabbed a table and set it up in the ring. He went to turn his attention back to the tag champs, but out of nowhere he was caught from behind with a forearm from... Hardcore Holly!? Val Venis hit the ring as well and the duo stomped Bubba into the mat. With their being no disqualifications in a table match, referee Tim White had no choice but to simply look on. Once they felt as if Bubba had enough, Val lifted him back to his feet, only for Holly to lock Bubba up and plant him with the Alabama Slam! Looking proud, Val patted Hardcore on the back and they left the ring. Billy and Chuck had regained their composure, and looked stoked at the shocking turn of events. Then, as Bubba stumbled to his feet, Billy placed Bubba in the Cobra Clutch and planted him with the "One and Only" right through the table that Bubba had set up himself! The champions retain!

Billy & Chuck def. The Dudley Boyz - (OR: 78%, CR: 72%, MQ: 84%, ***1/4 rating)

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

With the crowd booing as Billy, Chuck and Rico (who was in visible pain) are handed their belts, Holly and Venis are shown looking into the ring with arrogant smirks on their faces. They've cost the Dudley Boyz the titles here tonight, but the question is why?

2 - AND HEADING TO THE PARKING LOT...

The scene switches to the parking lot where RAW interviewer Terri is standing with a microphone. It's dark, as cars are seen traveling back and fourth in the distance, but the busty blonde is focused as she brings the microphone up to her mouth.

Terri: J.R. and King, as you may or may not know, Triple H is yet to arrive here at the Kemper Arena. In fact, many people are questioning if Triple H is in any condition to show up here tonight, after that heinous attack by Chris Jericho on Smackdown. I'll be standing by here in the parking lot, hoping to get a word with the Undisputed Champion when, or if he arrives here!

With that, Terri smiles and after a few moments we head back into the arena...

Terri waits for Triple H - 85% Rating

3 – BIG SHOW VERSUS BOOKER T

The second match at Backlash saw Booker T come down to the ring for his match. A bit paranoid about the Big Show, he became spooked when his fireworks go were set off despite forgetting to pose at the top of the rampway. His opponent is Big Show. Coming out to loud cheers, Show looked ready and determined to get back to his winning ways after being pinned by Kurt Angle on Smackdown.

As the Big Show had his back turned in the ring, Booker came at him guns-a-blazing, punching relentlessly at Show’s kidney area to start the match. This had no effect though, Show looked pissed off as he turned to Booker. Booker retreated to the outside, catching his breath from all the excitement only for Show to reach over and pick the five time WCW champion by the hair back, bringing him back to the ring. Big Show hiptossed Booker, sending Booker to the opposite corner of the ring. Show walked towards him only to be dropkicked in the knee, the effect caused him to stumble forwards and hit his head against the turnbuckle. Booker barely dragged Show to the middle of the ring. He kicked him in the stomach, ran to the ropes and came back with his trademark Harlem Axe Kick. Whilst on the ground, Booker looked at his hand obsessively… It was time for the spinaroony!!! Book got back on his feet and celebrated (to some boos from the crowd) before making his way to the top rope.

When he made it up there, he waited for Big Show to stand up. When he did, Booker flew off with a missile dropkick. The 500lbs big man swatted him away however. T crashed and burned to the ground, a pain heightened by a big elbow drop from the Big Show. Show went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Booker kicked out. Show got up and immediately signaled the chokeslam. Booker stumbled straight into Show’s hand, but he kicked away from the grasp. T did an elbow smash, ducked a clothesline and went for the Book End. He tried to lift with all of his might, but couldn’t even budge Show by a millimetre. Instead, Big Show grabbed Booker by the throat and executed the chokeslam!!! The fans cheered as Big Show made his trademark hand gesture to them. Show decided to pick up Booker one more time for a chokeslam, before making the mandatory pinfall: ONE!!! TWO!!! (and as if there were any doubts) THREE!!! The Big Show defeats Booker T!

Big Show p. Booker T – (OR: 74%, CR: 81%, MQ: 61%, ** rating)

The Big Show is declared the winner, getting his hand raised by the referee. After playing with the crowd some more, he leaves the ring. Meanwhile the referee checks on Booker. Booker isn’t seriously hurt, but looks rattled enough to probably go chase space dragons with Planet Stasiak and Perry Saturn. Jim Ross implies that Kurt Angle’s hopes for interference in his match later on have just become minimal.

Off Big Show celebrating on top of the rampway, we…

4 – AN EXTREME REUNION

…cut to backstage. Matt Hardy is walking down a corridor, trying to get himself mentally prepared for his match versus Brock Lesnar. His concentration is broken when he sees someone ahead. He smiles… The camera turns around to reveal Smackdown’s Jeff Hardy and Lita standing there. Lita waves at Matt as he walks up to her. Matt hugs Lita.

Matt Hardy: [to Lita] It’s so good to see you! [breaks the hug] You too Jeff. Boy, I tell ya, it sure is lonely on the road without you two.

Jeff Hardy: Yet when we’re apart, we seem to cause just as much trouble… Tough luck about havin’ Brock tonight. Y’know if ya need help out there tonight then just say.

Matt Hardy: Same for your match. We can do things again… Team Xtreme style!

Lita: Like old times. I still don’t see why we got separated in the first place. Why did Ric choose Jeff and not Matt, it’s a bit ridiculous if you--- [Matt and Jeff pull faces] What’s wrong?

*Lita turns around. Behind her is the owner of Smackdown: Ric Flair! Flair is smiling.*

Lita: [legitimately sorry] Oh! Ric, I’m so sorry I---

Ric Flair: No need to apologize Lita, you’re perfectly right! I owe all three of ya an explanation for my decision last month… Y’see, I see Matt, I see Jeff, ‘n what I see are two brothers that have the chance to become wrestling legends like myself… Two future World Heavyweight Champions! The problem is… You’re brothers! You’re always gonna love and respect each other to a point where you’ll never split up as a tag team. The reason why I chose Jeff ‘n not Matt was so you’d both have an excuse to become singles wrestlers. I apologise that it was sudden, but time’s tickin’ and the time for both of you to put yourself on the singles map is now!

Jeff Hardy: Oh. Thanks for the explanation, Ric…

Ric Flair: My pleasure. Now if ya excuse me, I have a show to run! WOOOO!!!

*Ric walks away. Team Xtreme stare into silence for a moment before Matt Hardy lightly pushes Jeff.*

Matt Hardy: Y’know what? Ric’s right! It’s time me and you proved ourselves as singles wrestlers… So tonight, I’m gonna defeat Brock Lesnar all by myself.

*Matt Hardy’s music plays in the arena. Matt looks around, recognizing its time for his match. He exchanges one more look towards his brother and his girlfriend before walking away.*

Jeff Hardy: Good luck bro!

Jeff and Matt Hardy are told of the reason behind their separation – 73% rating

5 - MATT HARDY VERSUS BROCK LESNAR (W/PAUL HEYMAN)

If Flair's kind words were an ego booster, it was surely something that Matt Hardy needed in this one as he had the monumental task of taking out the monstrous Brock Lesnar in his Pay Per View debut. With his music playing, Hardy made his way to the ring to a pretty good pop and waited in the corner for his opponent. His wait wasn't long as Lesnar stalked his way to the ring with a hungry grin on his face and his sleazy "agent" Paul Heyman behind him. Lesnar hopped from the arena floor straight onto the apron in one smooth move, but Hardy caught him off guard as he darted full speed at the behemoth and delivered a baseball slide that sent him out of the ring through Lesnar's legs. Matt grabbed a-hold of his ankles and pulled him off of the apron, forcing Lesnar's chin to smack off of it with great force. As Lesnar stood there a bit daze, Matt grabbed him by the hand and whipped the big man straight into the steel steps! The spree of offense had totally caught Lesnar off guard and was just what Hardy needed to insert himself into the match.

After rolling into the ring, Hardy waited as Heyman put Brock back in his place on the outside. Lesnar then hit the ring, in a less than pleasant mood. Hardy charged at Brock, but was knocked straight to his ass with a shoulder block. Lesnar grabbed a-hold of Hardy's shoulders and literally tossed him into the corner turnbuckle. The former "Golden Gopher" then rammed his shoulder into Matt's guts again and again. Matt stumbled out, and right into a beheading lariat from the big man! With Heyman shouting him orders, Brock picked up Matt and delivered a back breaker over the knee. He hung on, stood back up and then did it again! One more time Lesnar broke Hardy's back before flopping his body to the mat. Brock toyed around with Matt, who was seemingly out on his feet after the impactful lariat for the next few moments and displayed a vast knowledge of suplexes. After a double powerbomb, and with the blessing of Heyman, Brock placed Matt onto his shoulders and delivered the F-5! He made the cover and the count was pretty much academic. Lesnar was simply too much for Matt Hardy.

Brock Lesnar p. Matt Hardy (OR: 75%, CR: 68%, MQ: 83%, *** rating)

Brock Lesnar gained 2 points of overness

As the bell rings, Paul Heyman joins Lesnar in the ring and they share an evil laugh as they look at their handy work tonight. But then, Heyman points out his index finger and clearly says "one more" to his massive client. Brock gladly obliges and as Matt stumbles to his feet, Brock scoops him up onto his shoulders and delivers another F-5! Satisfied, the duo leaves and the cameras go to ringside where Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler further hype Lesnar as well as the rest of the night's line up.

After a quick WWF Shopzone commercial, we head back for another match…

6 – EDGE VERSUS KURT ANGLE

“Never Gonna Stop” by Rob Zombie played. With the smoke and strobe lighting, it signaled only one man: Edge! Decked in his leather jacket, the fan favourite strolled down to the ring ready for his match. He slid into the ring and posed to the delight of the fans. “Medal” played afterwards. The fans chanted “YOU SUCK” in time to the music. Kurt Angle came out, less than appreciative of the chants. Setting off the fireworks on the rampway, he walked down for this important Smackdown brand match. When he finally stepped into the ring, he took a final twirl before quickly preparing himself mentally and physically for the enduring match that he was about to have.

The bell rang to begin the match. Edge and Kurt circled each other before locking into a grapple. After a quick struggle, Kurt got Edge into a headlock. Squeezing the head, Edge pushed Kurt to the ropes. On the rebound, Kurt did a shoulder barge on Edge, but the force toppled him over instead. Edge went to pick up Kurt, but Kurt tripped him up. Grabbing onto the leg, Kurt twisted it, quickly going to work on the ankle area. Edge punched until Kurt relinquished the hold. Both men stood up at the same time and Kurt tried a clothesline. Edge ducked, doing his own clothesline that sent the Olympic gold medalist to the outside. Kurt slammed the ring apron in frustration as Edge looked confident in-ring. After taking the referee’s count of five to come up with a strategy, Kurt climbed onto the ring apron. Edge went to take hold of him, only for Angle to execute a jawbreaker, whiplashing Edge’s neck back on the top rope. Kurt stepped into the ring. He cockily walked over to Edge and applied an armbreaker. Edge yelled out in pain as Kurt tightened the hold more. Somehow Edge’s body weight shifted so he pinned Kurt: ONE!!! TWO!!! Kurt kicked out, letting go of the hold at the same time.

Kurt quickly stood in shock over almost being pinned, stomping down Edge around the ankle area in revenge. Again he grabbed the leg, this time locking in a legbreaker. To make sure minimal damage was done, Edge scurried and held onto the bottom rope. Kurt didn’t let go of the hold until a four count, and then continued to stomp down on Edge anyway. Angle picked up Edge afterwards. Edge swung at him, Kurt ducked and executed a bridged German Suplex: ONE!!! TWO!!! THR- Edge kicked out! Angle got straight back to work, picking up Edge and placing him in a headlock. He twisted around the Canadian, converting the headlock into a hammerlock before linking into a snapmare and a sleeper hold. Kurt grinded the neck area, trying to render his rival unconscious. Edge tried to fight it but soon found himself drifting away. The crowd cheered Edge on as the referee administered the arm test to determine if he could continue. The arm went down once… The arm went down twice… The arm went down--- Edge raised the arm!!! Using all his might, Edge found himself back on his feet. Elbowing his way out of Kurt’s grasp, he ran to the ropes. Kurt tried to grab him on the rebound, but Edge slipped behind him and executed the Edge-O-Matic!!! The referee pinned: ONE!!! TWO!!! THRE---NOOO!!! Kurt got the arm up, albeit barely!

Edge picked up Kurt and whipped him to the corner. Following straight behind, he delivered a spear, causing half of Kurt’s body to get wedged in between the turnbuckle pads. Angle freed himself, only to stumble to the middle of the ring. Edge kicked him in the stomach and went for the Implant DDT. Kurt slid out of it and delivered the Angle Slam! Kurt went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Edge got an arm up. Angle, running out of ideas, took off the straps of his ring attire and picked up the leg. He twisted for the Ankle Lock. Edge didn’t even feel the effects however as he rolled out of it, the momentum of which sent Kurt leaning against the middle rope. Edge stood at the nearest corner and stalked Kurt, crouching, bouncing up and down, making the hand gestures – ready for the spear. Kurt got himself off the rope and he turned around. Edge darted his body at Kurt’s torso…… But Kurt somehow took Edge to the ground with a chin lock and body scissors combination. With Edge’s face down on the mat, Angle squeezes tight until it becomes apparent that Edge is KO’ed.

Kurt stood up and staggered around the ring, twirling half-assed in celebration of his victory a bit too early. Seeing Edge positioned near the corner, he decided to head up to the top turnbuckle. Positioned backwards, it was obvious what move he was going for: the moonsault! Yelling something at the crowd, he jumped At the final moment, Edge moved out of the way, causing Kurt to land awkwardly on the mat. Kurt screamed in pain as he knelt up, holding onto the top of his arm. The referee went to check what was wrong – the diagnosis enough to signal for a medic. Angle refused the help though, pushing the referee away. With one arm only, he walked over to rgw still grounded Edge. He went to pick Edge up, when Edge shoved him arm/shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Kurt yelled in pain again, the hurting enough distraction for Edge to run to the ropes and come back with a spear! He went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!! Edge defeated a former Heavyweight Champion!!!

Edge p. Kurt Angle – (OR: 80%, CR: 84%, MQ: 71%, **3/4 rating)

Kurt Angle is a physical wreck at the moment. He needs time off to heal!

The referee raises Edge’s hand as “Never Gonna Stop” by Rob Zombie plays. With the crowd celebrating a huge win for the Canadian, the 2001 King of the Ring winner gets onto the middle turnbuckle to marvel in the fans’ delight before making his way to the backstage area.

Meanwhile the referee checks on Kurt again, who is seriously favoring the arm/shoulder area. Kurt mumbles that it’s a possible dislocated shoulder. With help from the referee, he is helped towards the backstage area. Some of the fans clap in appreciation of Kurt’s efforts, others boo him.

7 – A NEW WORLD ARRIVAL

While Kurt is helped to the back, the cameras hurriedly cuts to the backstage area. Terri is in the parking lot, running towards a motionless limousine while trying to talk at the camera.

Terri: We’re back in the parking lot where a limo has just pulled up… I think Triple H has arrived!

*She arrives at the back of the limo. Smiling, the door slowly opens. Her smile fades away though as the person (or persons to be precise) inside the limo are revealed: the New World Order. Nash, Hall and Pac step out, smiling in their unique suspicious way, looking at Terri.*

Scott Hall: Looks like we have a welcomin’ party!

Terri: Actually… I’m out here awaiting the arrival of Triple H.

X-Pac: Triple H?!? Who cares about that guy?

Terri: Well while you guys are here, I may as well ask… How are you three feeling after being outgunned at the end of Monday Night Raw?

X-Pac: Personally I feel great.

Kevin Nash: Says the guy who hid in the monster truck. You could’a come down and helped us instead of locking the door… You were fifteen foot in the air for god’s sake!

X-Pac: And get a bad back like Scotty’s got? No thanks Kev!

Scott Hall: Man my back may hurt, but it ain’t that bad. Seems like the Big Red Monster found some human compassion or somethin’… That chokeslam was nothin’!

Kevin Nash: Well tonight, we’re gonna show Kane, just like we’re gonna show Austin and Hogan… In the end, nobody ever stops the New World Order. We single handedly destroyed WCW, and become the poison of the WWF. ‘N lemme tell ya somethin’, that’s just the beginning of what we’re gonna do! Let’s get outta here…

*The New World Order departs, leaving Terri being to continue waiting for if Triple H arrives.*

The New World Order are ready for tonight’s match – 77% rating

8 - SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: THE APA AND JEFF HARDY (W/ LITA) VERSUS TEST, LANCE STORM AND CHRISTIAN

The Hardy Boyz theme played over the public address, bringing out Jeff Hardy and Lita to a warm response from the crowd. Stopping at the bottom of the ramp, they waited as the APA's theme hit and Jeff's partners for the night, Faarooq and Bradshaw made their way to the ring. As they did, a video package aired with highlights of how this match up came about. It all started as the trio of Test, Christian, and Lance Storm began making Jeff's life on Smackdown a living hell, constantly using the numbers game to their advantage as they racked up victories Jeff and disrespected his friend Lita. Fed up, Hardy challenged the trio to a match here tonight and just so happened to acquire the services of the APA as backup. As the trio of Canadians made their way to the ring, with arrogant, smug looks on their faces the crowd gave them hell. They stopped at the bottom of the ramp and looked into the ring as if they had nothing to worry about. The trio then huddled up and talked strategy, but their conversation was soon busted up as Jeff charged forward and flipped his body over the top rope - landing on the three men and knocking them to the concrete floor! Faarooq and Bradshaw followed out and the match began in an all out brawl!

After a few minutes or so, order was obtained as Faarooq and Test went at it in the ring. The two big power wrestlers exchanged holds over a series of minutes, wearing each other down. After being caught in a double clothesline it became apparent that both men needed to tag out, and tag they did as Bradshaw and Storm stormed (no pun intended) the ring. The burly Texan dropped the proud Canadian like a bad habit with a series of lariats and then a fall away slam. Having enough, Storm tagged out to Christian and Bradshaw let Jeff in on the action. Hardy started off well, but soon was secluded into the enemy territory. For the most of the match, Hardy played face in peril as he desperately needed to tag out but could never quite get to the APA in his corner.

As the match wore to its end, the entire format of the match broke down as they fought outside of the ring, and into the crowd for a portion of time. In the ring, Christian attempted to plant Faarooq with the Unprettier, but the APA member brushed him off and into the ropes before planting him with the brutal trademark spinebuster! Out of nowhere, Test hit the ring and no sooner than Faarooq dropped Christian, he was caught with a nasty Big Boot by Test! Bradshaw slid into the ring behind him, and as Test turned around he was blasted with the Clothesline From Hell! Flashing his "hook 'em horns," Bradshaw left himself open and Storm took the advantage, blasting him with a super kick! The fans dug the series of moves, and now Hardy returned to the ring as he spun Storm around and nailed the Twist of Fate! The ring was in sheer chaos as Jeff climbed the turnbuckle and flew off, planting Storm with the Swanton Bomb and staying on top. 1, 2, 3! Hardy successfully got revenge!

Jeff Hardy & The APA def. Test, Storm and Christian - (OR: 72%, CR: 68%, MQ: 76%, **3\4 rating)

Jeff Hardy escapes the ring, joining his girlfriend: Lita at ringside to celebrate their victory. Soon enough, they’re also joined by Bradshaw and Faarooq. While the Canadians try to regroup after their loss (looking extremely angry), the winning team pose to the crowd as WWF Backlash goes to another commercial advertising Shopzone...

Edited by God-Awful

9 – NON-TITLE MATCH - ROB VAN DAM VERSUS THE UNDERTAKER

It was now time for a non-title grudge match. As WWF Intercontinental Champion: Rob Van Dam walked down to the ring in his usual cool, confident self – we’re reminded that this feud began when Undertaker targeted RVD at random as a message towards the Undisputed Champion: Triple H. Little did The Undertaker expect for RVD to successfully get revenge. RVD posed with his thumbs in the ring as his music faded. “Rollin’” by Limp Bizkit then blasted into the arena. This cued The Undertaker, motorcycle and all. Racing down to the ring, he did a lap around ringside before putting the brakes on. Undertaker climbed into the ring and stared down RVD, ready to kick his ass!

The bell rang to start this grudge match. Van Dam and Taker locked into a collar and elbow tie-up, which Taker gained momentum out of thanks to sharp knee to the gut. Swinging his fists, Undertaker quickly trapped RVD in the corner and struck him in the gut several times with a lightning fast speed comparable to a boxer. He whipped Rob to the opposite corner and followed straight behind, only for Van Dam to raise the leg. As the Deadman stumbled backwards, RVD hopped onto the second turnbuckle and flew off with his trademark boot to the chest, sending the Red Devil to the canvas. Van Dam made the pin attempt: ONE!!! TWO!!! Undertaker threw him off with incredible force. This didn’t discourage RVD, who kicked Taker as he tried to stand up. Delivering a high kick to the temple, Rob tried to follow up with an Irish Whip only for it to be reversed. On the rebound, Taker knocked him senseless with a huge big boot to the face. Already Van Dam was seemingly down for the count, but it didn’t result in a sadistic Undertaker canceling any forthcoming assault. He went down for what referee Jack Doan thought was a pin: ONE!!! Jack stopped when he realized it was a chokehold. After the mandatory five count forced Taker off RVD, he picked Mr Monday Night up, twisted his arm and made his way to the top rope. The crowd yelled: “Old skool!” in anticipation. Undertaker did just that, flying off and clubbing Rob in the back of the head.

Again, the Deadman could’ve easily pinned. Instead he rolled to the outside and positioned Van Dam’s head so it hung over the ring apron. Climbing back onto the apron himself, Taker landed a huge legdrop with immense impact. Getting back in the ring, he dragged Van Dam to the centre of the ring before making a cover: ONE!!! TWO!!! Van Dam barely got a shoulder up. Undertaker got pissed that his opponent survived the previous attack to a point where he randomly threatened Jack Doan over dodgy officiating. Undertaker turned back around and motioned for the chokeslam. He stalked as Rob Van Dam groggily got back onto his feet. Wobbly, Rob swayed until he turned around into Taker’s grasp. Undertaker picked him up high in the air for the chokeslam, but Rob mustered enough energy to execute a DDT out of desperation. The referee started making the ten count as both laid on the canvas. At a five count, Van Dam got back onto his feet. Finding his footing, he immediately ran to the ropes and did a beautiful looking Rolling Thunder. He went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! THRE- Undertaker got a shoulder up! Van Dam, in a state of disbelief, struggled to get Taker back to his feet. Undertaker tries a clothesline but misses. Van Dam tries a spinning heel kick, only for Undertaker to duck, and the referee to get hit instead!

RVD looks down at the referee, the distraction enough to get him thrown out of the ring. Undertaker followed Van Dam to the outside and tried to whip to the steel steps only to be blocked. RVD attempted to slam Undertaker’s head into the announce table, but gets elbowed in the head for his trouble. Suddenly, The Undertaker grabbed a steel chair for nearby and just like on Raw, he cracked it over Rob Van Dam’s head. RVD goes down like a ton of bricks. Being rolled back in the ring, the match was seemingly over. The Undertaker looked down at RVD before signaling for his finishing move on the Intercontinental Champion: the Last Ride. Undertaker wrenched him up in the powerbomb position. RVD slipped off though and landed a forearm. Van Dam built up some offense again until he received a lowblow from The Undertaker out of nowhere!!! Taker delivered a chokeslam afterwards and went for the pin. The referee slowly came back to count it: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!! The Deadman wins it!

The Undertaker def. Rob Van Dam – (OR: 76%, CR: 79%, MQ: 70%, **3/4 rating)

“Rollin’” hits again to confirm The Undertaker’s victory. Undertaker holds up his arms in victory, before looking down at disgust at his fallen opponent. Leaving the ring, he walks over to his motorbike, fires it up and rides to the backstage area. JR shows his disgust over the Red Devil’s methods of winning. However he admits that a showdown against the Undisputed Champion seems more than likely in the not-so distant future.

10 - BACKSTAGE WITH THE SOON TO BE UNDISPUTED CHAMP... ACCORDING TO HIM

Backstage, Terri is now at the designated interview set.

Terri: Hello everyone, I am now being joined by none other than the challenger tonight for the WWF Unisputed Title, Chris Jericho. Well Chris, it looks like your hopes of recieving the title via forfeit just might come true, as Triple H is still yet to enter the building!

Chris Jericho: Wha... what's that Terri?

Terri: What do you mean?

Chris Jericho: That look in your eyes, is that... hope? Please... Terri, tell me you don't still think that Triple H is going to make his miraculous return tonight and defend the title! Is that what you're hoping for, eh? The little "story book ending?" Our little hero, Triple H fights his way out of the hospital and through the pain of his injured little ribs to vanquish the big bad Y2J? Is that what you want Terri, huh!?

*The beautiful interviewer just looks away, and then back at Y2J who looks anything but stable.*

Chris Jericho: Well, what about MY story book ending Terri? The fact that Triple H has even paraded around the last month with that title makes me sick! It's a mockery, a shame! No Terri, Triple H doesn't make his return tonight - I put him on the shelf, just like I put The Rock, never EEEVVEERRR to return! Tonight, I get closure! I get justice! And I get vindication! Tonight Terri, Triple H forfeits the title. Tonight I become, once again... your WWF Un-diiii-sputed… Champion!

Jericho closes his eyes, and exhales slowly as if the thought alone of wearing the title belt once more is euphoric. With that, we head back into the arena.

Interview with Chris Jericho - 97% Rating

Chris Jericho gained 3 points of overness

11 – STEVE AUSTIN, HULK HOGAN & KANE VERSUS THE NEW WORLD ORDER

The New World Order made the first entrance for this match. Coming out to computerized black and white flash and stalling effects, Kevin Nash, X-Pac and Scott Hall head down to the ring, taunting the sixteen-thousand strong WWF fans along the way. The good guys got the second set of entrances… Kane came out first, paired up with red lighting and flame pyrotechnics. Walking down to the foot of the entranceway, he waited as his partners joied him. The glass shattering cued Steve Austin. Austin trotted down to meet Kane, posing with his backwards middle finger gesture for the sake of those with flash photography. Finally, to the tune of “Voodoo Child”, Hulk Hogan (with red and yellow boas) came down to the ring. Getting enormous cheers from the crowd, Hogan met Kane and Austin on the rampway before the three collectively walked into the ring for their match against the New World Order.

The Raw main event of Backlash got underway with Stone Cold starting for his team against Scott Hall, representing the nWo. They tease a tie-up, but go into a back and forth punch fest instead to the delight of the fans. Hall struck Austin hard enough to daze him, whipping him to the ropes to take advantage. When Austin rebounded however, he leapt on top of Scott Hall for a Thesz Press! He punched him continually until Hall forced himself off. The Outsider scurried to his own corner, staring at the Rattlesnake before tagging in Nash. Big Sexy strolled in and did the big knee to the gut. Whipping Austin to the corner, he got in another knee strike before using his boot to choke Austin. Nash took exception to Earl Hebner telling him to relinquish the hold, confronting him. The distraction was good enough for Steve to tackle Nash down into another Thesz Press. After several shots to the jaw, Austin tagged in Kane. Kane stormed in just as Nash stood… They stared down – the crowd looking in awe over a confrontation between two of the biggest men in the WWF. They began to club each other until Nash whipped Kane into the same corner Austin had been whipped to. This time though, Kane raised a boot, causing Nash to stumble backwards. Nash turned around straight into a clothesline. Kane went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Nash kicked out.

Kane choked Nash as he lay on the ground until the four count. Kane picked him up and walked him to his corner, slamming Nash’s head on the turnbuckle before tagging in Hogan (to an immense pop). Hogan channeled his “Hollywood” side, using heelish moves like an eye gouge followed by two back rakes. Kev tried a punch but it got blocked. Hogan then body slammed Big Sexy in the style of Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3. Hulk celebrated pulling off the move by making his trademark ear gestures to the crowd. Hogan proceeded to tag Kane back in, just as Nash crawled over and tagged in X-Pac. X-Pac tried to outsmart Kane by doing a commando roll under a big boot attempt. Whatever move Pac went for next is unclear, as Kane relentlessly wrapped his hands around X-Pac neck and executed a choke bomb. He went for the cover: ONE!!! TWO!!! THR—Kane was unable to keep him down. Foreseeing the consequences of the current mismatch in the ring, Scott Hall ran in to help his friend X-Pac. The referee held Hall back though. Kane went to pick-up X-Pac, but got low blowed! Kane went down to one knee in pain before getting an X-Factor for his troubles! X-Pac made the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Kane raised a shoulder.

X-Pac hurriedly tagged in Scott Hall. Hall was quick to capitalize on Kane being stunned, punching him in the face repeatedly. Hall picked up Kane and did an Atomic Drop, the pain of the previous low blow enough to send Kane crashing back to the mat. Scott walked Kane to the nWo corner and tagged in Nash. Hall and Nash collectively stomped a mudhole in Kane, making the Earl Hebner’s job hard by simply ignoring his pleas. They made up for that by pointing out Austin and Hogan as they came out of their corner to stop Kane’s being assaulted. Hebner held back Austin and Hogan while X-Pac joined in on the nWo’s mudhole stomping fun. After the chaos ended, Nash struck Kane with an elbow in the corner before executing a sidewalk slam. Nash made the cover: ONE!!! TWO!!! Kane again kicked out. Feeling he did enough, Kevin signalled for the Jackknife powerbomb. He got Kane into position, tried to wrench him up…… But he couldn’t. Kane flipped him over his shoulders. The Big Red Monster crawled over to his corner and tagged in Hulk Hogan!!! Hogan ran in and started to clubber Kevin Nash when the referee told Hogan to get back into his corner! When the tag was made, Hall and X-Pac had Hebner distracted once again. As the crowd booed, Big Sexy dragged Kane back to the nWo’s corner and tagged Hall.

Scott Hall looked to finish the match immediately by locking Kane in a sleeper hold. With his arm wrapped tightly around Kane’s neck, Hall looked proud of himself as the Big Red Monster went all big red in the cheeks. Eventually Scott had him laid sideways on the ground, more or less unconscious. Earl Hebner checked Kane, eventually administering the arm test. The arm was raised, and it went down the first time… The arm was raised again and it went down for the second time… Hebner went to raise it the third time when Kane shot it up in the air without warning/help. Soon enough Kane was back on his feet. He got free of Scott Hall before delivering an upper cut to the chin. Kane fell back and finally tagged in “Stone Cold” Steve Austin!!! Austin ran in and punched Hall over and over, the final shot of which catapulted Hall off his feet. X-Pac ran in to suffer the same fate. Nash came from behind and grounded Austin, which cued Hogan and Kane to run in too to end the tag team aspect of this match.

It became an all out uncontrollable war zone. X-Pac fought with Hogan, Kane with Hall and Austin with Nash, punches and knees to the gut going back and forth. One by one trickled out of the ring whilst brawling, leaving only Kane and Hall in the ring. Hall got body slammed to the ground. Kane climbed to the top rope and stalked Scott as he stood back up, turning around into a flying clothesline. As Kane stood however, X-Pac dashed into the ring and executed an X-Factor. ONE!!! TWO!!! Austin dragged X-Pac out of the ring and whipped him into the steel steps. Nash meanwhile got in the ring and again went for the Jackknife powerbomb. Unable to, Kane slipped out of the move and whipped Kevin into the corner. Kane went for a clothesline, only for Nash to pull the referee in the way instead. Earl Hebner fell down to the floor. Almost on cue, Scott Hall scared Howard Finkel away and took the steel chair she was sat on, sliding it into the ring. Nash picked up the chair and stalked Kane with it. He was about to swing when Austin rolled behind him and stole it from him. The Rattlesnake cracked him over the head with it with such force; the chair flew out of his hands. Meanwhile Scott Hall dragged Kane out of the ring as X-Pac punched Hogan in the jaw. Hall and X-Pac crawled into the ring collectively. Standing behind Austin, they waited patiently while Austin trash talked Nash on the ground. Stone Cold took so long though that Hulk Hogan was able to get back in the ring. Grabbing the steel chair from the ground, Hogan aimed it at Hall and X-Pac. Both nWo guys turned around to see a chair flying straight towards them…… They ducked and Hogan accidentally hit Austin!!! X-Pac low blowed Hogan while Scott Hall walked over and placed Kevin Nash’s arm over Austin’s shoulder. The referee recovered just in time to make the pinfall: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!! The New World Order win this battle!!!

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & X-Pac def. Steve Austin, Kane & Hulk Hogan – (OR: 75%, CR: 82%, MQ: 62%, ** rating)

The nWo’s music plays. Scott Hall and X-Pac pull Kevin Nash onto his feet. Big Sexy is still incredibly dazed, but well aware of his win as he holds up his arms. Together the New World Order get out of the ring and make their way up the ramp, celebrating the pinfall victory by mocking the trio they defeated.

Meanwhile Hulk Hogan goes to check up on Steve Austin, who is still unconscious from the accidental chair shot. Kane joins Hogan in checking on the Rattlesnake… Hulk’s face is riddled with regret and concern.

12 – WWF WOMEN’S TITLE – JAZZ © VERSUS TRISH STRATUS

Trish Stratus came out first to a very loud pop. Her popularity has grown hugely since she proved she was more than just eye candy when she won the Women’s Title last November. Trish was favouring her back as a result of the assault she received on Smackdown. The causer of the assault and the one to end Trish’s reign as champ was her opponent: Jazz. The Women’s Champion came out looking like she’s in an extremely foul mood.

As soon as Jazz slid into the ring, Trish ran at her for the match to begin. They exchanged quick lefts and rights before Trish got whipped to the ropes. She tries a shoulder barge on Jazz, but the woman made of pure muscle didn’t move an inch. Trish tried again only to be flattened by a clothesline. Jazz yelled trash at the crowd before displaying her power, scooping up and slamming Trish down to the mat with ease. She followed up with an amazing Gorilla Press Slam. Jazz went for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! Trish kicked out! Jazz dragged Trish by the hair to the corner and went for a back-handed chop. Trish ducked it, replying with several of her own before executing a hair beil. Jazz tried to regain her composure in the opposite corner only for Trish to ran and stand above her to execute ten punches. She only got up to seven however when Jazz grabbed her legs. Bringing Trish out for a powerbomb, Jazz got surprised with a quick hurricarana. Jazz’s adrenaline got her straight back on her feet. She went for a clothesline the same time as Trish, causing both to crash down to the mat. The referee started the mandatory ten count. During this count, Jacqueline stormed towards the ring, a face full of thunder.

Jazz and Trish stood up and slugged it out again, both still feeling the effects of the double clothesline. Jazz booted Trish in the stomach and ran to the ropes. Trish though got a lock of her hair, causing Jazz to fall to the canvas. Straight away, Trish locked her in a headlock and signified for the Stratusfaction. Stratus ran to the ropes and raised her legs when Jacqueline leapt onto the apron and pulled down the top rope, causing Trish to crash and burn on the outside. Immediately Jacqueline got on top of Trish and pounded her in the face with extremely stiff left and right punches, causing the referee to call for the bell.

Trish Stratus def. Jazz by disqualification – (OR: 66%, CR: 65%, MQ: 68%, **1/2 rating)

After a quick assault, Jacqueline rolls Trish back into the ring, where Jazz is ready to unleash more pain. Jazz lifts Trish up for the Jazz Stretch. Trish groans in pain as Jazz tries to tear her arms from the rest of the body. Stratus is slammed face first to the ground. Jazz steps over Stratus and is about to go for her STF move when Jacqueline rolls into the ring and stops her. Jacqueline makes some arm gestures and yells: “Let me ‘ave her!” Jazz agrees, stepping back and laughing as Jacqueline gets on top of Trish and locks in her own version of the STF!!! Trish’s agony is muted by Jackie’s shrills of sheer anger! Eventually several referees run down to stop the assault. As Tony Chimmel confirms that Trish is the winner by DQ, but not the new Women’s Champion – Jazz and Jacqueline celebrate together. JR asks whether this is the formation of arguably the two most physically powerful women in the World Wrestling Federation.

The referees check on Trish Stratus in the centre of the ring as the segment ends. Backlash goes to a to a commercial break advertising the WWF’s next pay per view spectacular: Judgment Day on May 19th.

13 - WWF UNDISPUTED TITLE MATCH - CHRIS JERICHO VERSUS TRIPLE H ©

Before heading back to the ring, a video aired highlighting the intense feud between Chris Jericho and Triple H that was born before the draft, but was rejuvenated when Chris Jericho used a sledge hammer to take out "The Game" and The Rock in the same night. Since that edition of Smackdown, the rivalry has done anything but cooled down as Chris Jericho has proven time and time again that he's on the brink of insanity as he longs to win back the Undisputed Championship.

Back in the arena, the countdown 'til "Y2J" began, and following a blast of fireworks a rather smug looking Chris Jericho emerged. The crowd immediately showed their displeasure of the number one contender; loud boos, and an array of insults were all hurled at the former champion as he stepped into the ring and grabbed hold of Earl Hebner by the shoulder. His motivation was obvious, he was readying Hebner to award a forfeit, should the Undisputed Champion not show. As Jericho waited in the center of the squared circle with anticipating glee, "The Game" by Motorhead ripped through the sound system, sparking a remarkable response from the crowd. However, as the song played through to its last rift the crowd died down; Triple H hadn't shown. Jericho was ecstatic, and reluctantly referee Hebner grabbed his arm to raise for the forfeit.

"TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!"

A second time the music played, only this time Triple H came out with it! He was holding his heavily taped ribs, the pain evident in his face. Perhaps more evident though, was the look of determination and anger - he meant business, and the fans were going wild! Jericho on the other hand was pissed. He pointed at Triple H and spouted off a few words that weren't picked up by the camera, but surely weren't that of "welcome back."

Helmsley entered the ring and went to hand Earl Hebner the Undisputed Title belt, but Jericho took that moment to try and attack the champion, thus garnering the early advantage. HHH though ducked Jericho's attempt at a clothesline, and came back with an array of brutal and stiff shots that rocked the "larger than life rockstar" back. From pillar to post as they say, Helmsley takes it to "Y2J." Jericho though, proved that while he doesn't officially hold the title, and with Ric Flair not in active competition he may just be the dirtiest player in the game as he poked the man from Greenwich in the eye, and then unleashed two hard kicks to the injured ribs before knocking him to the ground with a running enziguri. Jericho quickly went for the cover, hoping for a quick one but Helmsley powered out at the count of two! With Triple H showing the pain that rushed throughout his body, Jericho took the moment to demonstrate his array of technical holds as he wrenched on both the arms and legs of the champion over the course of the next 5 minutes or so. The slightest bit of pressure seemed to torture Helmsley who shouted out in pain as "Y2J" locked on a version of the STF and wrenched back with all of his might. Finding the intestinal fortitude to do so, after a few minutes of agony, HHH made it to the ropes and Jericho was made to break the hold.

After a few more punishing kicks to the ribs from "Y2J" as HHH was down, Chris decided to roll out of the ring. As Hebner checked on Helmsley who used the ropes to prop himself back to a standing base, Jericho kicked the steel ring steps apart and grabbed the top half. In just that bit of frustration, Jericho had flipped his lid! Triple H grabbed onto the ropes and pulled himself back to his feet as Jericho entered the ring with the steel steps. Slowly, Jericho stalked the champion with the large weapon, but was interrupted as Earl Hebner got right in his face. Hebner warned Jericho that if Y2J used the steel steps, he'd be disqualified. Jericho's reaction? He took Earl Hebner out with the steel steps! This got the fans going, and they were about to get louder, because when Jericho turned back towards Triple H - "The Game" took him down with a spear! HHH, showing his fighting spirit, landed blow after blow to Jericho's face with clenched fists. Once he had felt it was enough, fighting the agonizing pain in his ribs, he pulled Jericho to his feet. For each of Jericho's shots to the face, HHH answered back until finally launching the man he beat for the title at WrestleMania against the opposite set of ropes. Triple H ran them as well, and when they met in the middle it was Jericho who fell to the mat courtesy of a Harley Race-esque knee from Helmsley. Triple H quickly made the cover, but Hebner was still down, thus there wasn't a referee to make the count!

Frustrated, he went to pick up Jericho - but the cunning challenger met the champion with a low blow! From there on, over the course of the next 10 minutes the two would exchange leads. But just as it seemed Triple H was heading toward victory, Jericho would find a way to turn the lead back into his favor. After a series of near falls, Jericho's frustrations began to show as he ripped at his hair and shouted. As Jericho untied a top turnbuckle pad, Tim White (who had replaced Earl Hebner) began to reprimand him. Jericho though, put his hand in the referee's face and pushed him backwards. Y2J grabbed a fist full of HHH's hair and went to pull him to his feet, but Helmsley still had fight left in him! He hammered Jericho backwards with a hard right, and whipped the challenger into the ropes. Y2J showed his athleticism in turn though as he spring-boarded off the middle rope and took HHH to the mat. Seeking the opportunity, he grabbed HHH's legs and began to turn him. The crowd cheered Triple H on as he fought with what he had left not to get turned into Jericho's trademark submission. Jericho though did turn the champion - right in the center of the ring! The Walls of Jericho were locked in tight!

With the fans behind him, Triple H moaned as the pain stretched through his body and Jericho leaned in further and further. After shuffling his body a way, the pain was seemingly too unbearable and he contemplated tapping as his hand shook vigorously. But he didn't, as he searched somewhere within to take the final scurry and reach the bottom rope! Jericho was irate to say the least as Tim White ordered him to break the hold. Jericho demanded that HHH had tapped, but when White informed him that Helmsley had in fact not tapped, Jericho ran over and mounted the champion. He delivered a flurry of shots in rage. Jericho then pulled HHH up to his feet, and tucked the Undisputed Champions head right between his legs. He then under-hooked both of The Game's arms, was he going for the Pedigree!?!? As Jericho attempted to get it tight, HHH did his best to resist, and ended up dropping to the ground before taking Y2J's legs out from under him. He then go up and grabbed both of Jericho's legs before dropping backwards and tossing Jericho up with a monkey flip - and Jericho came up fast, before knocking his head right into the exposed steel turnbuckle! The very turnbuckle he had taken the pad off himself! As Jericho stumbled around, rubbing his head, HHH met him with a boot to the gut. The fans rallied on their feet as he then hooked Jericho up, and showed him how it was done right, as he connected with the Pedigree right in the center of the ring! The fans chanted along, 1, 2, 3! Triple H had defied the odds; he was still the WWF Undisputed Champion!

Triple H def. Chris Jericho – (OR: 84%, CR: 91%, MQ: 70%, **3/4 rating)

Chris Jericho lost 1 point of overness from this match.

The WWF Undisputed title has lost image.

After the bell, "The Game" rips over the speakers once again. As Triple H sits on his knees in the ring, battered and beaten the referee hands him his well deserved championship belt. With HHH victorious in the ring, a video package airs to Creed's "Young Grow Old" highlighting all of the action that unfolded here tonight at Backlash.

Quick Results:

- Billy & Chuck def. The Dudley Boyz (Tables match) (Tag Team Titles)

- Big Show def. Booker T

- Brock Lesnar def. Matt Hardy

- Edge def. Kurt Angle

- Jeff Hardy & The APA def. Lance Storm, Test & Christian

- The Undertaker def. Rob Van Dam

- The New World Order def. Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan & Kane

- Trish Stratus def. Jazz (DQ) (Women’s Title)

- Triple H def. Chris Jericho (Undisputed Title)

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 80%, PPV Buyrate: 1.49, Attendance: 16319

- Surprised to see Holly and Val interfere in the tag title match, but it was obvious Billy and Chuck were retaining. I like the combination of Holly and Val, and I think they'd make good champions. But I sense the Dudley Boyz are going to screw them out of their titles.

- Booker losing to Big Show doesn't really hurt him, since it is the show after all, but lets hope Booker does more than being Angle's sidekick. I have no idea what's in store for Big Show either. Maybe a main event push? Or a feud with Angle or Jericho maybe?

- While I knew Brock was going to kill Matt, I kind of had the feeling Matt was walking away with the win after the team extreme segment. Too bad Brock killed him lol. For some reason, I sense Matt somehow jumping to Smackdown and turning on Jeff out of jealousy or something.

- I didn't expect Edge to beat Angle here. And I doubt the feud is far from over. I can see Edge getting a big push, so he needs to be kept strong, and it doesn't hurt Angle to lose this match.

- Six men tag match was what it was. I still got the feeling Matt's jumping to Smackdown and turning on Jeff.

- If HHH retains, Undertaker's headed to Judgment Day. I don't see anyone other heel on RAW who could challenge for the title, and Undertaker, character wise, was at his best in 2002. Now I'm hoping HHH wins so Undertaker could take the gold come Judgment Day. I was kind of surprised to see Undertaker having to cheat as well, but it keeps RVD looking strong. Speaking of RVD, I'd like to see him feud with someone over the IC title.

- I don't remember my prediction for the six men tag, but glad to see the NWO win. And if it leads to a Austin/Hogan showdown with Austin beating Hogan, it's all the better. While I hated seeing the NWO in WCW with like thirty guys, I think they need a new member here. Hall, Nash and X-Pac just don't seem like a elite group, or much of a threat.

- Didn't care for the women's match, as the division was boring as hell during this period.

- Triple H retains, but by pinfall? I thought for sure Jericho would get disqualified or something like that. But atleast Triple H won due to Jericho making a mistake. So it looks like Triple H is headed to face Undertaker come Judgment Day? That could be pretty good. But if the feud between HHH and Jericho is over, where does Jericho go from here?

All in all, a good show here. Alot better than the real Backlash 2002. Looking forward to RAW. (Y)

That was fantastic, well-written, and read like a real show. I especially liked how you included realistic backstage segments such as the Jericho interview and Terri waiting in the parking lot for Triple H.

- First match was a good read, I do enjoy a good tables match. The jury is still out on Hardcore Holly and Val Venis as a team, to me they are perennial mid-carders but with the right push, they might just win me over. It's interesting how it looks like the Dudleyz will now feud with Holly and Venis, as that leaves few teams for Billy and Chuck to feud with. The APA? Can't think of anyone else right now.

- Big Show vs. Booker seemed like a filler match, which in reality is what it was. I'm not sure if I like the result as it did make Big Show look strong, but with Angle seemingly out for some time I feel that Booker may have needed the win more here.

- I enjoyed the Hardy Boyz re-union segment, again it seemed realistic. I'm glad that both brothers seem to be getting a push.

- Brock Lesnar destroying Matt Hardy was the right decision, in my opinion. Hardy looked strong enough and Lesnar got a big win.

- Edge and Angle was written well (but only 71% Match Quality? Damn, Angle must have been a wreck). A huge win for Edge who may be getting SmackDown!'s 'Brock Lesnar' push. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him to be in the title picture by the end of the year anyway. Good match, and a good result for the Edgemeister.

- The six man tag, again, filler. I thought a win for the Canadians here would be better, but if APA are the next title challengers then maybe you had the right idea. Jeff is looking strong, next European champion perhaps?

- RVD vs. Undertaker, kinda like Lesnar/Hardy in that RVD got to look strong against a bigger guy but still came out with a loss. The Undertaker looks certain to be the next Undisputed title challenger and RVD is still Intercontinental Champion, so no harm done.

- I enjoyed that Jericho interview.

- I was so pleased to see you giving nWo the win here, it's just what they needed to make them look strong. What I didn't like is the seeming tease of a Hogan vs. Austin feud. From a realistic standpoint, Austin would have never wanted to work with Hogan at this point in time. Kane really needs something to do, perhaps a heel turn? Apart from that, I liked that the nWo finally got to look strong.

- Didn't like the Womens title match, purely for the fact that Jacqueline annoys me. I guess this is just a little de-tour in the Jazz/Trish feud which, if I'm honest, is a feud I don't really care about.

- Main event time, and this felt like a big match, especially with the pre-match angle of 'will Triple H be there or not?'. I feel the way the match was written made both men look as strong as they deserve to be, and Triple H getting the victory was the right decision.

- As a single show, this was a very strong effort. It was realistic, lengthy, well-written and it had that 'WWE supercard' feel about it. Congratulations to the two of you for writing such an entertaining show.

Edited by Sam_Van_619

Well, I was disappointed to see this go first, that's two points I've thrown away in the predictions contest already :P The Dudleys putting Rico through a table was expected and thus I picked up a point there, but the most intriguing thing was the new formed team of Holly and Venis, they could be an interesting tag team and a feud with the Dudleys would intrigue me. Looking forward to seeing how this develops, in a way, I'm glad to see B&C retain, even though I said the Dudley Boyz would. Surprised Spike didn't make an appearance.

So, Terri's waiting for Trips, huh, I wonder if he'll show up... <_< I guess you had to put this segment in here, but I absolutely detest these... Of course he's going to fucking show up.

I'm not good at positioning the matches as you can tell, however the guy I expected to win won, and in the fashion I expected, nothing of major surprise here, solid booking and writing. :)

So Flair explains logically and in a manner you'd expect Flair to, and Matt Hardy thinks he's going to be able to beat Brock Lesnar... Well, it's been nice knowing you Matt.

Do I even need to comment, anyone not expecting a Brock win is clearly high, still got the positioning of the match wrong, though.

Enjoyed this match thoroughly, it was well-written and despite the ending not being what I expected, it at least made sense. Well done.

The nWo are going to cause some pain, so yay to that, I enjoyed this segment I'd say you got most characters down right, Scott Hall was a little off, but other than that it was pretty damn perfect.

Another match placement I got wrong, but at least I got the winners, and the finish correct, as well as who'd be beaten. Good match, well-written and logically booked. What else is there to say about it?

Surprised there was no Undertaker Interview preceeding this match, but nonetheless this was a well-written match with an expected ending. Hopefully RVD will get a main-event push sometime soon and Undertaker had better be next in-line for a shot at Triple H. And the best bit... I got the placement right :P

Love me some Jericho, whoever wrote this (I'm presuming G-A) got the character down absolutely perfectly, not a thing wrong with it. I was half expecting Triple H to pop up at the end of that segment, but we all know he'll be here sooner or late.

I'm on a roll now, 2 match placings I've got right consecutively, unbelievable. Some of the paragraphs here were a little long, and could have been split into 2, and that's my only gripe with this match, it was well-written and the booking made perfect sense. Congratulations, and I hope you allow the nWo to run for a decent length of time, and most importantly push them like they deserve to be pushed, not like the WWE pushed them. Wouldn't have been surprised to see a new nWo member debut tonight, but I'm sure one will come in time.

And looks like I'm on track for 4 in a row, seeing as there's only 2 matches left. But as far as feedback on the match goes, I suppose this is a logical ending, I was tempted to go for a DQ win, but decided against it, hoping you'd let Trish pick up the belt, instead you've set yourself up for a triple threat or tag team match further down the line, which is good and hopefully will give the women's division some real credibility. Good work.

A teased forfeit there, but it was still predictable that Triple H would show up and come back to win the match, but I hope that's not the last we see of Jericho in the title scene, as I'd like for him to become champion once more before the year is out, that being said I hope next time there's a SmackDown! title match, I'd like to see some fresh talent involved in it.

Glad to see you managed to follow up on one of the best WM's of all time with a good Backlash, something WWF failed to do themselves, does that make you two better bookers than WWF bookers were, or is it just due to hindsight? Either way this show showed exactly why you are two of the best writers in the dome and for that I grade this show an A, the fact that most matches were really predictable cost you the chance of getting an A+ or an A* but the solid booking and writing got you a great show! Keep up the good work :D

Oh and yay to me getting 38 points plus 1 Bonus Question right.

Edited by - Matt -

Good to see backlash up pretty fast, I'll write as I read.

A well written match, good to see the champs retain as they are the newer team and benefit from this much more than The Dudleyz. Seems a little wrong they should beat Bubba and D-Von in a tables match though. Rico did get owned though, so thats a bonus. The events after the match, while odd, have many possibilities coming from them. Hardcore and Val seem to fit together simply because they are both midcard veterans. Hopefully you'll make something good out of them and continue tio build up a nice tag team division.

We all know HHH will turn up, but this is a nice touch to draw it all out abit more. If nothing else it breaks up the matches with something relatively meaningful.

Yet another good match, with the right guy winning. Booker hasn't really looked to threatening over the last few weeks and if he had won, Show would've looked like a pussy. Booker's momentum can easily be built up anytime, if you have future push plans for him.

I'm assuming this Hardyz thing will continue as the mini feuds with Lesnar and the Canadians respectively seem to have been pushed to the back burner in favour of segments like this. So I think the real story will be betwee Matt and Jeff in months to come.

Nice little Matt/Lesnar match which both puts Lesnar over some more as well as continuing the 'Matt not doing so well alone' angle.

Angle and Edge was quite long, but brilliantly written and never had a dull moment. Edge going over so cleany comes as a huge surprise to me as I expected Kurt to win this initial encounter, or if Edge was to win, I thought it'd be a fluke. Both men came out of it looking good though and should lead to good things for both guys.

Can't believe the Canadian's lost... maybe they don't have a big of a future in your diary as I'd have first thought. Jeff and his team getting the win screams to me that your going to continue the Hardyz angle, with Matt becoming jealous at Jeff's victory (and general success).

Always enjoyed matches between RVD/taker IRL. I enjoyed reading this one too. Hopefully this will carry on, although you could find a better home for the IC belt while it happens. Taker wins, and righfully so as I belive RVD isn't quite big enough to go over him yet. But it was a tainted win, which made RVD look strong indeed.

I love your Jericho promos and hope he wins the main event, if for no other reason than it'll guarantee him some mic time every week.

This was one helluvan action packed 6 man tag. Finishers left right and centre. Won't say much about this one though other than I loved that you put the nWo over, and you seem to be pushing them as they should be pushed. Hopefully your serious about making them into something big in the WWF. The finish surely indicates a massive chance for an Austin/Hogan angle. You might hold that off until Mania time though.

Not a badly written womens match and the interference at the end added a little more to it. Assumably leading to a 3 way somewhere down the line. Not bad at all.

I have to say I was not a fan of the main event. Not because Jericho lost, just because of the match itself. Jericho was built up as if he was getting back to where he was before Mania, only to have a very similar match and lose once again. The finish was almost identical to Mania (except instead of hitting an exposed turnbuckle he jumped onto it) and the match didn't excite me in the end. Unfortunatly I have to agree with EWR on this one as in my opinion Chris Jericho did lose overness and the Undisputed Championship has lost image.

Other than that match, I loved the rest of it and it was brialliantly booked and written. I'd give it a wonderful A* grade, but since it was the main event I felt let the whole thing down, and not any other match, if I was to grade this I'd say a B+

Keep up the good work guys.

-Thank you, that’s all I really have to say about that first match. The Dudley’s didn’t get the belts, which like I said, is a good thing because they always bore the hell out of me. At this point and time Billy and Chuck were the refreshing team even if they were a bit over the top, and the Dudley’s had been stale since leaving ECW.

-While we all know that Triple H is going to show up, these segments are usually used in real life and add that extra bit of realism to the diary when thrown in here. Sometime I want someone to use these when they actually don’t show up, but damn, wouldn’t that be a letdown.

-This match didn’t really interest me in the build up, and no surprise, it didn’t in the match either. This seems like one of those nothing feuds that’s just kind of stuck in there when there’s nothing for either man to do. Neither man comes out looking weak seeing as Big Show one and Booker T got beat by a man twice his size. I don’t think anyone can look weak coming out on the end of a loss to The Big Show really.

-Matt really needs to quit listening to Flair’s motivational speeches. He’s not Ric Flair, and he can’t take Brock Lesnar by himself. Poor kid’s got illusions of grandeur that he can’t hope to ever get. He really could have used Jeff’s help.............see, told ya.

-Edge getting the win wasn’t a huge surprise here, and leaves the feud open to go a bit more. What are you using to sim this? Does EWR give you a “Physical Wreck” advisement? I’ve never had someone at that low of health to find out. Even at his not so best shape, Angle and Edge still managed to pull off a 71% match, so that’s pretty damn good.

-Woohoo, you used my hiding in the monster truck thing. I always liked the nWo taking the piss out of each other and not getting upset about it. It just adds to the comraderie of the whole group because let’s face it, that’s what groups of friends are for. Insult each other all you want, but in the face of a threat, you stand united. I like it.

-Now this I did not expect. APA seems to be the group that people throw in there when they need the team to take a loss, but not look bad doing it. Much like I figured Hardy and them would lose to the Canadians while not making Hardy look bad. Didn’t happen here. So Jeff and Lita are dating here? In the words of The Hurricane, watsupwitdat?

-Another one of those, we know who’s going to win, but how much is he going to dish out in return. I’d almost call this a glorified squash and ask what RVD did to get on your bad sides. I know Hewey mentioned Undertaker having to cheat to win in this match but let’s face it, during this time Undertaker cheated simply because he could, not because he needed to.

-Nice Jericho promo there. Quite basic but that’s okay because that’s what Jericho usually is. He may be great on the mic but he doesn’t get flashy for the most part simply sticking with his nicknames and such. I loved his “What about my storybook ending” line.

-NWO pick up a win by dubious circumstances, which could also lead to an Austin vs Hogan feud here. Even a slow burn would work with this feud continuing while you slowly build towards Austin/Hogan. Either way, it’s cool. But damn it, I hope Hall and Nash do something on their own. Like Tag division? Hall with the IC belt? These are all good choices.

-Exactly what is a face full of thunder? Sorry, that was just the first line that struck me out of this Women’s match. Jaqueline and Jazz...they could make quite a team. Of course the only two who could really oppose them would be Victoria, Trish or Molly.

-Well, I could definitely see why Jericho lost a point of overness, if the game actually knew your booking. Jericho looks kind of weak seeing as he injures Triple H in the first place, and then takes the fight to him in the match, only to get beat in the end. It had to be this way simply for how you booked it though because Triple H was beat down and left for dead pretty much, which meant he had to get the win here. Either that or Jericho gets the win and Triple H gets it later on, but then you’d be hotshotting the title and that would be a whole different story, now wouldn’t it.

Overall I liked this show and meant to get to the feedbackage earlier. Hopefully you continue to play Undertaker as a bad ass, Triple H as a champ who overcomes the odds, and we get to see more Billy and Chuck, not just as the queer tag team either, but actual champsions.

RAWlogo.png

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW RESULTS - MONDAY 22, APRIL 2002

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package highlighting the events that transpired at last night's Backlash Pay Per View, with special attention being put on the war between Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Kane against the NWO - with Austin being pinned by Kevin Nash last night after a misguided chair shot from The Hulkster. The package ends with an emotional Triple H being awarded the Undisputed Title after a demanding match with Smackdown's Chris Jericho.

1 - A BOLD EXPLAINATION OF THE RULES

No sooner than the opening pyro goes off, the sound system is replaced by Motorhead's "The Game," and the Undisputed Champion himself, Triple H comes out to a great response from the crowd. Still battered and bruised, his ribs heavily taped he walks out to the ring. Once in he is handed a microphone. The Champion adjust the title belt on his shoulder and looks around at the crowd who shows him respect for the battle he endured less than twenty four hours ago.

Triple H: Ladies and gentlemen... STILL your Undisputed Champion, "The Game," TRIPLE H!!!

*He holds the title belt high into the air, further proving his point.*

Triple H: Last night at Backlash, I did exactly what I told everyone I was gonna do! I walked into Backlash, on my own regard I might add, and I took everything Chris Jericho threw at me! I endured a level of pain that was unimaginable but after it was all said and done, the very same fact remained! That fact, is that I am THAT DAMN GOOD!

*The crowd pops a bit for HHH's trademark lyric, and the champion begins to pace in the ring.*

Triple H: So Backlash is down, I guess that makes the next stop Judgment Day. A month ago I came out here and I asked that entire locker room who the guy would be to step up'ta the plate and challenge me. Well Undertaker, I guess that means it's time to cash in on that rain check!

*With simply the mention of the "Phenom"'s name, the crowd goes crazy. Triple H stands in the ring, his arms wide open as he waits for the Undertaker to come out and take him up on the offer. However, it isn't the Undertaker's music that hits, but rather the owner of RAW's as "No Chance" shouts over the PA and Vince McMahon steps out with microphone in hand.*

Vince McMahon: Why Triple H, how generous of you offer up a shot at the Undisputed Title for The Undertaker! How truly generous! But you see, the last time I checked, I made the rules around here, not you!

*HHH is taken back by this, as it seems he genuinely thought the 'Taker was the next in line.*

Vince McMahon: Ya' see Triple H, as the owner of RAW it is my job to put the best interests of the RAW Brand first and foremost ahead of everything else. In fact, in the very best interest of RAW, I would like nothing better than for you to become a full time fixture here on Monday Night Raw. As you know, Triple H, the rules of the Brand Extension clearly state that the brand of the Undisputed Champion that proceeds you becomes your new home. As I said, I would like nothing better than for you to become a RAW Superstar!

Triple H: Yeah, yeah! Are you getting at something here, Vince?

Vince McMahon: As a matter of fact, I am Hunter! The rules of The Brand Extension say that the Undisputed Title Match will be alternated between brands every pay per view. It says absolutely NOTHING about Raw and Smackdown though, so they're fair game! And it just so happens, Triple H that I've caught wind of a rumor that this week on Smackdown Chris Jericho will once again challenge you for the Undisputed Title. Well, hell will freeze over before I let Ric Flair get you as a part of the Smackdown brand! So tonight, I've decided that you will defend your title here in the Main Event of Monday Night Raw! That's right Triple H! You'll be defending that title tonight against the man who scored a pinfall victory in last night's six man tag match, the NWO's KEVIN NASH!

*Triple H bites his lip in the ring and shakes his head as J.R. discusses how "The Game" is in no shape to compete tonight, especially against the three on one advantage of the NWO. Vince is all smiles as he brings the microphone up once more.*

Vince McMahon: And if I do say so myself Triple H, your chance of walking out of Raw tonight the Undisputed Champion is simply... NO CHANCE IN HELL!

*With that Vince smiles deviously and quite proud of himself as Monday Night Raw takes its first commercial break.*

Kevin Nash vs. Triple H for the Undisputed Title tonight - 97% Rating

2 - HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: RAVEN © VERSUS ???

Monday Night Raw came back on the air with the new WWF Hardcore Champion, Raven standing in the ring with the title over his shoulder and a microphone in hand.

Raven: They say that in this life, history is but a pattern of moments. No history can be as wretched as one's own. All of my life I have dealt with more pain, more suffering, and more anguish than any human being should have to bear, I've suffered in every conceivable manner! Yet here I stand before you in this ring, a bona fide champion! A week ago, fate took a nasty turn for young Maven and now I rest atop of the heap of tortured souls, misfits and miscreants that fight in this Hardcore Division. Tonight I will collect my due in pain! Tonight I wash my hands in the blood of my fellow competitors. Quoth the Raven...

"AAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHA!!!"

Raven had a "What the fuck" sort of look on his face as the cackling laughter interrupted his promo. Then, following an in house rock theme, The Laughing Man stepped out through the curtain, obviously about to take the Hardcore champion up on his offer to collect pain. The big man in the black and blue singlet with theatrical masks along the sides headed straight into the ring. Raven, never one to be happy with a promo being interrupted took it straight to the 300 pounder formerly known as Hugh Morrus, but his initial flurry of offense had little to no effect on the man with the crazy facial hair. The Laughing Man grabbed Raven's head and smashed him with a head butt that brought the Hardcore Champion to his knees. The brawl degenerated from there, with Raven soon becoming frustrated in his inability to bring the big man down. Raven even went for his trademark drop toe hold on The Laughing Man, looking to smash his head into the steel chair. However, after connecting head first - he simply began to laugh sadistically! Raven, not knowing quite what to think of his mentally unstable foe was soon ran over with a clothesline and subsequent marching elbows. Then, The Laughing Man lifted Raven up and powerbombed him back-first against the opened folding chair! From there, he dragged Raven into position before climbing up top and connecting with The No Laughing Matter! Jack Doan slid into position, and RAW had a new Hardcore Champion!

The Laughing Man p. Raven to become the NEW Hardcore Champion - (OR:54%, CR:42%, MQ:66%)

Raven lost 1 point of overness

The Laughing Man gained 2 points of overness

The Hardcore Title gained in image

Smiling from ear to ear, the big man was rewarded the beaten up title belt as Jim Ross and "The King" hype what was an impressive Raw debut for The Laughing Man.

3 – SOMEBODY’S GONNA PAY

Monday Night Raw cuts backstage to the office of Vince McMahon. Vince is alone sitting on his leather chair, watching Raw on a huge wide screen television. In the background, there is a knock on the office door.

Vince McMahon: Yeah?

*Mr McMahon looks casually towards the door, until he sees the man entering anyway. Immediately he stands up to greet the “Red Devil” himself – The Undertaker. Taker looks in a very foul mood… More than he usually does.*

Vince McMahon: Hello Taker, what can I---

The Undertaker: What the hell was that all ‘bout out there?

Vince McMahon: What d’ya mean?

The Undertaker: I mean giving Nash a shot at the Undisputed Title tonight! You damn well know I’ve been number one contender to that belt since Flair took away my chance at Backlash…

Vince McMahon: Woah, calm down. Let me explain myself... In case you missed it, that belt is always defended at pay per views, alternating brands. You get your shot when it's Raw’s turn at Judgment Day on May 19th. Between now and then, that title belt can be defended every day of the week as far as I’m concerned, ‘n I intend to use that to my advantage… I will make sure Triple H loses his belt and becomes the exclusive property of Monday Night Raw.

The Undertaker: I don’t give a crap about what you want. I want that shot at Judgment Day, and I want it one-on-one against Triple H, nobody else… If I don’t get my wish Vince, somebody else’s gonna pay. Just ask RVD.

*The Undertaker stares coldly at Vince before leaving. McMahon, clearly intimidated by Taker, readjusts his tie in an act of composure as Raw goes to a commercial break.*

The Undertaker warns Vince McMahon – 83% rating

4 – INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE #1 CONTENDER GAUNTLET MATCH

After returning from commercial, good ol' J.R. informed the fans at home the the winner of this six man gauntlet match will face Rob Van Dam for the Intercontinental Title at Judgment Day. Wrestler #1 for the match was the returning D’Lo Brown while #2 was the veteran Mr Perfect. Despite the experience factor being against him, Brown used his agility to overcome an initial ambush from Perfect. Perfect went for a clothesline only to be surprised by a Sky High. Brown went to the top rope and executed a Lo Down to win the fall. Just like that he'd made his return to the WWF a partial success, but his cockiness on (actually) getting a win was quickly killed by the sight of his next opponent: the big man Rikishi (with girlfriend Stacy Keibler). Brown stole Perfect’s tactics by ambushing the big man as he climbed into the ring. Rikishi bounced back with minimal effort, delivering several shots to the face and a superkick, sending Brown to the outside. D’Lo got his wind back, climbing onto the ring apron. Barging his shoulder into Rikishi’s stomach, he did a sunset flip, trying for a pin. He couldn’t ground Rikishi though – and Rikishi slammed his 400lbs body, ass first onto Brown’s chest. The referee made the three count to eliminate D-Lo! Rikishi’s next opponent was Goldust. Quite the mismatch, Goldust got no offense before being blasted by a running butt splash in the corner. Goldust slumped down; the crowd cheered as they knew what was next: the stinkface! Stacy cheered on as her boyfriend humiliated Goldust in his own trademark way. One banzai drop later and Goldust was gone too, as Rikishi scored his second dominating victory.

Matt Hardy was making his entrance to the ring when Stacy Keibler suddenly screamed. In the ring, Brock Lesnar had entered and downed Rikishi with a clothesline turning him inside out. With Paul Heyman laughing at ringside, Brock picked up Rikishi and tossed him to the outside as JR complained how Lesnar wasn’t even in the “damned match”. Lesnar stripped the commentary table to its bare essentials, ignoring pleas from Stacy. Brock picked up Rikishi and executed a spectacular F-5 through the table. While a physically upset Stacy went to check on Rikishi, Lesnar and Heyman celebrated their apparently unprovoked attack as they headed to the backstage area. The crowd though is apeshit at the site of Lesnar lifting the 400 plus pound Samoan! Meanwhile, referee Jack Doan had no choice but to award Matt Hardy the fall by count-out due to the situation. There was only one man stood between Hardy and the title shot and that man was . . .

“Latino Heat!!!”

With a surprised response from the crowd, Eddie Guerrero made his return to the WWF. "Latino Heat" ran down into the ring, did a commando roll under a Hardy clothesline and replied with a dropkick. Guerrero posed to the crowd, his reaction was mixed. Matt kicked him in the stomach, did an atomic drop and a clothesline. Hardy climbed onto the second rope and flew off with a Guillotine Legdrop, only to eat canvas! Guerrero ran to the ropes and came back with an amazing low dropkick into Matt’s face. He followed up with a brainbuster. With things being surely over, the returning Guerrero headed to the top rope, posed to the crowd before flying off with the Frog Splash! Landing perfectly, he stayed on top of Matt for the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!! In his first match back, Eddie Guerrero has earned himself a shot at the Intercontinental Title!

Eddie Guerrero wins the Gauntlet to gain a shot at the Intercontinental Title – (OR:68%, CR: 68%, MQ: 69%)

After the match, Eddie Guerrero gets his hand raised by the referee. Looking extremely proud of himself, he turns towards the stage where Intercontinental Champion: Rob Van Dam is now standing. With a bandage on his head from last night’s war with The Undertaker, RVD casually holds up the title towards his future challenger. Guerrero’s gestures are casual too, looking forward to facing RVD for the first time in his career on Sunday May 19th.

5 - VALID REASONING

Heading backstage, RAW interviewer Terri is shown alongside the team of Hardcore Holly and Val Venis. The duo have smug looks on their faces as Terri gets the interview underway.

Terri: Val Venis and Hardcore Holly... last night at Backlash you got involved in the Tag Team Tables match between The Dudley Boys and Billy & Chuck, and without a doubt you may have been the sole reason that The Dudley's aren't the Tag Team Champions! So I'm gonna ask you the question that's on everyone's mind, why?

Val Venis: [letting out his trademark chuckle] Huh huh ha! You know somethin', Terri!? How many years have Hardcore Holly and I been around the World Wrestling Federation, paying our dues, huh? Yet how many times have we been looked over, and picked last? Huh?

*Terri just shrugs her shoulders, really unsure of what to say.*

Val Venis: Yet this whole time Terri, these two guys from some Bingo Hall in Pennsylvania come into our territory and they get everything handed to them! Six WWF Tag Team Titles! Countless marquee matches!

Hardcore Holly: And we're damn sick of it!

Val Venis: Huh huh ha! You wanna know why Terri? We did it because we want the title shots! We want the merchandising revenue, and we want the marquee ma - - -

*The Dudleys, it seems have had enough as the number one contenders to the World Tag Team Titles enter the scene and begin brawling with the two men who want their spots. Terri quickly rushes out of the way as the two teams talk trash and exchange blows and a slew of security try and break them up!*

Venis/Holly and Dudleys confrontation - 65% Rating

From the back, a video clip from earlier in the night airs, showing Brock Lesnar's unprovoked attack on Rikishi during the Gauntlet match with Lesnar F-5'ing the 400 pound former Intercontinental Champion!

6 - BROCK LESNAR (W/PAUL HEYMAN) VERSUS TOMMY DREAMER AND STEVEN RICHARDS

In the ring, Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards talked a bit of strategy. Richard had in his hands, a trashcan while Tommy Dreamer sported a kendo stick. As Jerry Lawler explained, the former ECW stars would need those weapons if they had any hope of the challenge ahead as Brock Lesnar, with his agent Paul Heyman came out to the ring. With the same callousness that he showed Rikishi, Brock stormed the ring and begged for the ECW alumni to take their best shots with the weapons. They obliged, and for a few moments it seemed as though they had Lesnar reeling. But as the kendo stick shredded, and the trash can crumpled to nothing; it became apparent that Dreamer and Richards were about shit outta luck. Their offensive attack angered Lesnar, and they soon felt the consequences as Brock nailed Dreamer with an over the head belly-to-belly suplex, then hoisted Richards for a Triple Powerbomb! The wind had been taken from their sails, and Brock looked as if he was having the time of his life. An F-5 for each Richards and Dreamer later and it was another successful win for the dominating up-and-comer.

Brock Lesnar p. Steven Richards and Tommy Dreamer - (OR:68%, CR:61%, MQ: 76%)

Following the bell, Lesnar is joined in the ring by Heyman who applauds approvingly with his protege making short work of two men that gave him their all in ECW. Lesnar places a foot on top of Dreamer while Heyman put his on Richards, and raises Lesnar's hand as Monday Night Raw goes to commercial. Who can stop this man?

7 – THE SHOWDOWN OF TWO WRESTLING ICONS

Back from a commercial break, the arena suddenly erupts as “Glass Shatters!” unexpectedly plays. With the flash photography at an all-time high, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (in his street clothes) walks down to the ring. When in the ring, he takes several moments posing at each individual corner before finally settling down, retrieving a microphone from ring announcer Lilian Garcia. Austin waits momentarily for a loud “AUSTIN/WHAT?!” chant to die down.

(Note: all sentences ending with a ‘…’ are ones where the crowd bellow out: “WHAT?!” afterwards.)

Steve Austin: Last night at Backlash… After I got my ass pinned… Against the New World Order… Against Nash… Hall… That lil’ piece o’ crap X-Pac… I went back to my hotel room… Drank a beer… Drank two beers… Had a shot of whiskey… Had another beer… I sat down ‘n watched a replay of my match… Seems to me like Stone Cold got screwed by a chair shot… To the back… Not from the nWo though… I said it wasn’t from the nWo…! Instead, it came from Hulkamania himself… Hulk Hogan!!!

*The mention of Hogan gets a massive pop from the audience.*

Steve Austin: Hogan… It may’ve bin an accident… It may not’ve bin… One thing that’s true is how you’ve pissed Stone Cold off! Y’say ya got your vitamins… ‘N how ya say your prayers… Well I don’t give-a damn ‘bout that coz I want your ass out here now!!!

*Austin goes silent, waiting to be answered. The crowd simmer in anticipation for a possible appearance. They get their wish as “Voodoo Child” plays!!! Hulk Hogan (also in street clothes) walks down, playing with the crowd, making his ear-cup gestures as he comes down the rampway. He steps into the ring and does a couple of more gestures before receiving a spare microphone from Lilian.*

Hulk Hogan: Stone Cold... You may be a bit “PO’ed” at the moment. In fact, I bet you’re ready to kick my butt right now! But what happened last night was truly a mistake ‘n I’m here to apologise, brother… As a friend!

Steve Austin: “As a friend”, that’s damn funny… Ya wanna make up ‘n go to a ball game…? Go take long walks on sandy beaches…? Nah-ah! I don’t give-a rat’s ass ‘bout an apology… Fact is, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has a saying and it goes like this… DTA… Don’t… Trust… Anybody! ‘N for the record, you ain’t my friend!

Hulk Hogan: The thing is brother, friend or not, you can trust me! I don’t wanna be your enemy coz of something stupid like a misguided chairshot… Like I said, it was a mistake, nothing more!

Steve Austin: Trust you…?

*Austin holds onto his stomach, the intensity of his mocking laugh too much even for him. Eventually the Rattlesnake is on the canvas, rolling around, failing to contain himself. Suddenly Stone Cold gets onto his knees and raises the middle fingers at Hogan.*

Steve Austin: Hogan, if I damn well trusted ya, I wouldn’t be so sure that you’re still aligned with the New World Order!

Hulk Hogan: [visibly angry] Well if that’s what you think, then lemme tell ya something, brother! Selling out to the New World Order all those years ago was the biggest mistake of my life, a decision I’ll live to regret to my grave, dude! I was taken in by all the money ‘n power instead of doin’ what I loved, entertaining each and every one of these Hulkamaniacs. Correct me if I’m wrong brother, but even you’ve sold out these people before.

Steve Austin: Y’know what? Yer right… Difference is, I di’n’t do it coz I was havin’ a damn midlife crisis! And that’s the bottom line coz---

*Hogan retaliates by swatting Austin’s microphone out of his hands. Instantly the two get into an intense stare down, exchanging less than kind words for each other. With the crowd cheering for a fight, Hogan yells: “What the hell’s your problem, brother?” The Rattlesnake glares at him one last look before leaving the ring via the bottom rope. Walking up the rampway, Austin continues to look at a confused looking Hogan as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.*

Austin and Hogan argue/staredown in the middle of the ring – 89% rating

8 – RANDOM AGGRESSION FROM THE BITCH

Backstage in the interview area, Terri is looking at the camera with a smile on her face.

Terri: Comin’ up shortly, Triple H will defend his Undisputed Title against Kevin Nash. Right now on WWF.com, you can take part in a poll predicting the winner of tonight’s main event. Also on WWFDivas.com, there are new interviews and photos of your favorite divas including Lita, Trish, Stacy, myself, Torrie and---

*Terri’s excited voice fades away as she is confronted by the WWF Women’s Champion: Jazz. In comparison to the tiny/skinny Terri, Jazz looks like a monster. Her face looks (as usual) angry.*

Terri: Jazz! Do you wanna talk about what happened in your match at Backlash last night?

*Jazz doesn’t move an inch, leading to an awkward silence. Suddenly when Terri tries to back away slowly, Jazz lunges at her, grabbing her by the hair! Terri shrieks for help, but in the midst of the commotion, Jazz gets behind Terri and lifts her high in the air with the Jazz Stretch.*

Jazz: How d’ya like that, huh?!?! HUH?!?!?!

*Jazz keeps the hold locked in; Terri’s torture is seemingly never-ending. That is until Molly Holly rushes into the scene.*

Molly Holly: Hey, leave her alone!

*Seeing Molly, Jazz drops Terri to the floor, exchanges a look with the blond haired ex-superhero before slowly departing. After watching Jazz leave, Molly checks on Terri. Terri is rolling around on the floor in pain, favoring both arms.*

Molly Holly: [calling out] Somebody call an ambulance!!!

*From Terri’s cries of pain, Raw heads back to ringside…*

Jazz attacks Terri, Molly Holly makes the save – 56% rating

9 - HARDCORE HOLLY AND VAL VENIS VERSUS THE DUDLEY BOYZ

J.R. explained that this match was formed after the altercation earlier tonight as The Dudleys stormed into Mr. McMahon's office and demanded the match. Val Venis started out for his team against Bubba Ray, who was in anything but a good mood. The Dud's got a good offensive going on in the beginning of the match, out-brawling the more technical natured Venis while keeping him away from his stiff as nails partner Hardcore Holly That scheme wore out though as D-Von ate a boot upon charging at Venis in the corner. Val tagged to Hardcore and the duo heeled it up in enemy territory. After a near fall, Holly decided it was time for the Alabama Slam, only D-Von thought otherwise and countered with a powerbomb. The tag made it to Bubba Ray, so Venis charged the ring anyway. With all four men in the ring, things soon degenerated. The brawl escalated, with Venis and D-Von going to the outside and into the crowd. That left Bubba and Hardcore in the ring, and Holly staggered to his feet after taking a DDT - right into the Full Nelson Bubba Bomb! Bubba hooked the leg of Holly for the cover - but got nothing! Rico was on the apron distracting the referee! Bubba got up to tend to the situation, but instead got blasted with the WWF Tag Title belt from Billy! The Tag champions had appeared out of nowhere, and seeing the job done; Rico joined Billy and Chuck on the outside. Holly quickly took the opportunity and covered Bubba for the win!

Hardcore Holly and Val Venis def. The Dudley Boyz (OR:77%, CR:70%, MQ:84%)

Hardcore Holly gained 2 points of overness

Following the count, Hardcore Holly gets to his feet - and spits on Bubba Ray who lies on the mat! Billy, Chuck and Rico laugh as the feed cuts to a different area of the arena...

10 – MATCH PREPARATION IS MORE THAN STRATEGIZING

In the backstage area, Scott Hall is walking down a corridor. After a few seconds, he meets up with fellow nWo member X-Pac, who is leaning against a wall next to a door.

Scott Hall: Yo, where’s Big Kev?

X-Pac: He’s in there on the can.

*Sure enough Kevin Nash is on the other side of the door, unseen by the camera at the moment.*

Kevin Nash: Hey guys are ya listenin’? Durin’ my match, I need ya both to help me as much as possible. Triple H is one tricky son-of-a-bitch ‘n I---

X-Pac: Woah, where’s talkin' strategy while you’re on the freakin' john?

Kevin Nash: Don’t mock my pre-match routine Pac! By clearin’ my system before a match, my agility and endurance improves by five-hundred percent! Anyway, (urghh..uhh) make sure you use a weapon or two ‘n aim for the ribs… He’s gotta couple o’ broken ones at the moment. Any questions?!

Scott Hall: Yeah, but Big Kev - What if Triple H, say, gets---

*Scott Hall gets interrupted by Nash flushing the toilet. As the flushing noise dies down…*

Kevin Nash: Awwww damnit!

X-Pac: What’s wrong?!

*Before he gets an answer, Nash finally appears from the other room. He looks back cautiously before closing the good for good.*

Kevin Nash: Nothin’ major that the janitor can’t sort out… [looking ahead] In fact, there’s the janitor now. [shouting] Hey! There’s a… Well long story short, the shitters clogged!

*He pats the janitor on the shoulder. The camera pans out to reveal the janitor is: Stephanie McMahon. While the nWo head towards the arena for the main event, Stephanie looks in dredge over what she is about to endure. She reluctantly walks towards the bathroom as Monday Night Raw cuts to its final commercial break of the night.*

Kevin Nash prepares for his title match in a unique way – 83% rating

11 - WWF UNDISPUTED TITLE MATCH - TRIPLE H © VERSUS KEVIN NASH (W/THE NWO)

Heading back from commercial, the seizure inducing entrance of the New World Order was in full effect as Kevin Nash climbed over the top rope with his running mates X-Pac and Scott Hall taking watch on the outside of the ring. J.R. reminded us that the NWO picked up a huge victory last night at Backlash when Kevin Nash pinned "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, and now tonight Nash has the opportunity to spread the cancer that is the NWO around both brands if he wins the Undisputed Title. "The Game" hit the speakers, and the Undisputed Champion came out for the second time tonight to yet another great reaction from the crowd. Triple H looked never took his eyes off of Hall and X-Pac outside of the ring, knowing full well that he was in for an uphill battle in this one.

Playing mind games with Triple H was all about what Kevin Nash was up to as he mockingly grabbed his ribs and rubbed his eyes in a "cry baby" like way towards "The Game." That was enough to set HHH off as he hammered one right to "Big Sexy"'s mouth. Nash grabbed his jaw and returned with a right of his own but HHH ducked and hammered a few more in. With Nash reeling, Helmsley whipped him into the corner. The standard ten count ensued, but the offensive flurry unleashed by the Undisputed Champion had already taken its toll on his own ribs. Nash countered and slammed "The Game" to the mat. For the course of the next several minutes, Nash dominated Hunter and scored several near falls. Finally, he grew frustrated and tossed HHH to the outside. Taking the referee's attention, Nash made it all the more easy for X-Pac and Scott Hall to add their licks on Triple H outside. They rolled HHH back in and Nash put his foot on Hunter's chest... 1..2... Triple H kicked out!

Pissed off, Nash lifted Triple H back to his feet before hammering in a few more clubbing blows. After a Walking Side Slam, things seemed to be all over. Nash pulled down the straps and called for his Jacknife Powerbomb! He hooked Triple H's head between his legs and went to lift - but HHH blocked it. Again he tried, to the same effect. Hunter broke free and sent Nash into the ropes and delivered the Spinebuster! Knowing that the tables had turned X-Pac and Hall both jumped up onto the apron and went to get into the ring. HHH, fighting the agonizing pain dropped both Hall and X-Pac. Nash got back to his feet. HHH kicked him in the gut, hooked him up and planted him with the Pedigree! He covered, as the fans chanted along... 1...2.. X-Pac and Hall were back in to break up the count! Time White calls for a disqualification as Pac and Hall stomp the shit out of HHH.

Triple H def. Kevin Nash by DQ - (OR:62%, CR:75%, MQ:33%)

The Undisputed Title lost image

With the NWO having their way, the crowd comes to life as Hulk Hogan and Kane rush down the ramp. Quickly, the NWO divert their attention from HHH toward their opponents from last night. Despite a bit of success to start, Hogan and Kane too are overtaken. That's when....

THE GLASS SHATTERS

Steve Austin rushes out with a steel chair in hand. He slides into the ring, and cracks the chair over Scott Hall's head! The chair flies along with Hall's now prone body, and X-Pac rushes toward Stone Cold. He eats a Stunner for his effort. With Stone Cold wiping the floor, Nash smartly rolls outside and collects his NWO buddies. Inside the ring, Hogan and Austin come face to face and the crowd is ape shit over the anticipation of a fight. Instead, Hogan offers his hand; thanking Austin for his help. Austin's reply? He flips Hogan the bird and then rolls out of the ring! Raw has come to an epic ending as Kane helps HHH back to his feet, meanwhile Mr. McMahon looks on from his office at what all has unfolded. In a snap, he goes ballistic, knocking the monitor to the ground! With that, the credits roll and Monday Night Raw leaves the air.

Quick Results:

- The Laughing Man p. Raven (Hardcore Title)

- Eddie Guerrero def. Matt Hardy in the finals of a Gauntlet Match to earn a shot at the Intercontinental Title.

- Brock Lesnar p. Steven Richards and Tommy Dreamer (Handicap Match)

- Hardcore Holly and Val Venis def. The Dudley Boyz

- Triple H def. Kevin Nash by DQ (Undisputed Title)

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 71%, Television Rating: 6.81, Attendance: 8009

Backlash Prediction Contest Results:

HeroinIsSoPasse

Match placement: 3 points

Winners/Outcome: 36 points

Bonus: 3 points

Total: 42 points

Baby Hewey

Match placement: 5 points

Winners/Outcome: 35 points

Bonus: 1

Total: 41 points

Sam_Van_619

Match placement: 6 points

Winners/Outcome: 33 points

Bonus: 2 points

Total: 41 points

-Matt-

Match placement: 4 points

Winners/Outcome: 34 points

Bonus: 1 point

Total: 39 points

wilson3 1 6

Match placement: 2 points

Winners/Outcome: 30 points

Total: 34 points

mAXI

Match placement: 4 points

Winners/Outcome: 30 points

Bonus: 0 points

Total: 34 points

Avenged

Match placement: 3 points

Winners/Outcome: 24 points

Total: 29 points

Edited by Idolshizzle

-Didn't really like the opening promo. It made it's point but it didn't seem to flow as good as it could have. It did however serve to set up the main event with Nash and Triple H. Anyone think Nash is going to win? Hopefully you're not moving into a Triple H vs nWo feud, but I'll wait and see where that's going.

-Nice way to debut The Laughing Man, but did it have to be over Raven? Actually, you know what, I always hated the fact that Raven was always nothing more than a pawn in the Hardcore Division in WWF. Maybe this would be a good chance to move him up higher instead of just in that division. The Laughing Man could dominate this division and I'd actually love to see a feud between him and Kane maybe.

-Yeah, despite The Undertaker being a heel, he actually has a valid statement here. Triple H defending the title on Raw against Kevin Nash not only takes away from The Undertaker's ppv shot, but it also gives me the idea that Vince doesn't trust The Undertaker to get the job done, so he's trying to set it up for someone else to get the belt off him. Hopefully you don't turn Taker face cause his heel run during this era was one of the most fun things I've seen from him.

-Ugh! Everytime you mention Rikishi and Stacey as being boyfriend and girlfriend, you give me nasty images in my head that I really don't want. Sick freaks! Well that's got to be a kick in the teeth for poor Matt Hardy. He comes so close to getting an IC title shot only to have the returning Eddie Guerrero steal his spotlight. Methinks Matt's gonna get a little pissy in the next few weeks and maybe start firin' back on these mothafuckas!...sorry, got a little ganster there..lol.

-Finally someone is going to use Holly and Venis. Poor Val seems to have been lost when the porn gimmick grew stale. He was great as Morely with RTC and such, and really should be used more. He's a great athlete. He's got good charisma. All he needs is a chance and hopefully this is his chance. Holly is just a stiff mother fucker. I love the guy.

-I appreciate the fact that Lesnar needs to be built as a monster, but Dreamer and Stevie?!! God damn!

-Austin/Hogan confrontation was good up until the end? Mid-life crisis? I'd actually almost disagree that Austin didn't do it cause he was going through a mid-life crisis. When Austin joined McMahon it was because he felt he couldn't do it on his own. He needed help, and so he turned to his enemy. I'd almost call that a mid-life crisis. He felt washed up. I like how you simply went with the "...." instead of just typing WHAT?! after every sentence.

-WOOHOO GO MOLLY! *ahem* Sorry, but I loves me some Molly Holly. One of the hottest divas to ever step in the ring, with actual talent too. Jazz may have the strength but Molly has the ability to string a match together and actually do something not revolving around power. Did I mention I loves me some Molly?

-Hardcore and Venis get the much deserved win but I think we're forgetting about the true number one contenders, aren't we? Saturn and Stasiak did beat the champions, which would put them in line for a title shot. Hardcore and Venis vs Saturn and Stasiak? That would be messed up. Four men who nobody ever does anything with in a match for tag supremacy? I could definitely dig that.

-Nash type humor, but I'm pretty sure "Shitter" doesn't get aired on t.v. 500 percent more agility. That still ain't gonna keep his knee from buckling. At least he won't shit himself like Sid.

-WOW! 33% match quality?!! Now I know that Nash isn't that great in the ring, but 33%?!! It was obvious that Nash wasn't winning the match and it only serves to soften Triple H up more really. He's going to have a hard time getting past Undertaker at the ppv, but I'm surprised that he didn't get involved in the match. Hogan and Austin did though, and you know, despite it being an Iconic match, I'm really not that interested in it. Triple H and Undertaker has me, Hogan and Austin, not so much.

Overall it wasn't a spectacular show by any means, but it kind of set up some good stuff. Holly and Venis was one of the stellar parts of this show. Molly being on there, and Hunter continues to kick ass which I love.

Right. I've just read the whole thing over the past day or so, having chipped in and out for the past week or so, so I'm not gonna run down feedback for every show, I'll just give a broad-ish overview.

Raw - Idolized

Well, it's definitely well-written, which is pretty much the norm from both of you. I always felt you had the ever-so-tiny edge in the writing department, and this is one of the best examples of my belief that you're amongst the best pure writers in the Dome. To back it up, it's generally well-booked, although a few bits here and there let the side down ever-so-slightly. As Enforcer noted, Nash getting a title shot smacks of Vince not trusting Undertaker, and since you've been building up that he's trying to get the belt of of 3H, Undertaker is looking a little cast aside there. Still, he's still got the shot so not a big deal, but for one night only he looked a bit cheated by the booking.

You've been given some interesting things to work with here, in what is essentially a complete re-draft as far as I can tell. One thing I particularly liked about your WCW 2000 diary was the pushes for characters we wouldn't all be expecting to read about, and that trend continues here with Rikishi/Stacy, Hugh Morrus, and a Women's division that actually wrestles. Kudos for stepping outside the box somewhat on that front, because that's the sort of thing that sets you aside from generic WWF/E diary #54329 or whatever. Not too keen on the Bob Holly/Val Venis tag team, I just can't see them working well together, but I guess that's been said about numerous teams before so I'm willing to suspend judgment for a little while longer.

Overall, your storylines are fairly solid, you're doing a good job with your half of the split, and the writing is top-notch as always. ***3/4 for you so far, mostly because you've not really had long enough to develop everything as far as I know you can.

SmackDown - God-Awful

You book like Russo. You write like a young P.G. Wodehouse. I kid, of course, but the writing is rock solid here. Out of the pair of you, as I said above, I've always felt you've been just slightly edged out in terms of writing by Idolized, but here the writing is very competent indeed and there's really not much in it. I felt your main event at Backlash was a little weak, largely because Jericho wasn't portrayed as anything like a main event contender in the writing, the way you wrote that it seems a little like EWR tossed you one of those "not at my level" e-mails from 3H and you wrote to that. Shame.

Nevertheless, your booking is pretty much spot-on here. It's not only very realistic for the period, it's probably more 'WWF' in its attitude than anything they've done in the past few years, if you catch my drift. Heavy on the sports entertainment, heavy on the fun, and with some damn good wrestling to back it up. It's a recipe for success certainly. Once again, you're pushing some characters we don't always see, which is a plus point - the Saturn/Stasiak tag team especially is strong, and kudos for you for actually keeping Shawn Stasiak on TV at this point, he'd lost a lot of the momentum he had in WCW and he was 2-3 years older to boot. Still a prospect, but he'd really pissed a lot of that 'world class' potential by this point. Still, your writing of him is entertaining enough, I really enjoyed the Saturn/Stasiak promo on the SmackDown before last I think it was, with Regal looking horrified at his 'transformation' and such, that was very funny writing. I felt you missed the boat a bit on making something out of the Canadian Horsemen, but I guess if you're trying to build Jeff Hardy up into something worth a damn there weren't many better people to use to put him over at that point.

Your soap opera/sportz entertainment stuff, with the women generally, is very accurate and well-written. It's straight out of the Johnny Ace "decorations for the men" playbook, but it's written very well so there's nothing to complain about really. Jacqueline turning and being out to become a wrestler above all else will be refreshing, because generally that's overlooked and if they do hype a woman up as a 'wrestler', she's usually off TV or in a bikini within 3 months anyway. Hope you stick with it at least that long.

So far, I'm giving you a ***1/2 rating, because the booking is just slightly flawed in places as I've detailed, otherwise you're doing just as well as Idolized here. A bit more time spent on mapping the shows, the writing of certain segments, and generally the 'feel' of the piece should do you a lot of good, because it's generally very nice at the moment and it's just a couple of niggling problems. The diary equivalent of a great match with a few blown spots that are just too glaringly obvious to ignore, really.

Great start for both of you, nevertheless. Now book the damn Torrie Wilson lesbian angle.

Like Sephiroth Clone I just finished reading this thing over the last few days, so I'll give my thoughts on each brand/writer as a whole.

Idolized Rendition Of RAW:

I can't give you the edge in one field as opposed to another because it's all good with it's cracks and flaws in it. I love the main events and the build-up to every main event that occurs because I never see it coming. You really capture each of the characters well and I love reading from Vince, Bubba Ray, NWO, and now Venis. My absolute favorite storyline going though is the Stephanie's odd-job storyline because I don't know where it'll end but I'm enjoying the ride as it goes along. My guess is when Stephanie is finally relieved of her odd-job duties and allowed to do something more meaningful, the first thing she's going to do is get revenge on Vince, which will be amazing. I also love the shades of gray that everyone has. Vince and Undertaker are both heels and yet you can feel the tension between them and want one of them to back-stab the other. That's just pretty amazing writing there to make the reader care about the characters to such a degree. A few things that I think are cracked, but by no means really bad is the Rikishi/Stacy angle which is comical on first impression but just seems too bizarre to add up. I think Stacy being a legit manager, all-about-business and maybe turning into something more with Rikishi would have made for a better angle. Another thing I'm not a fan of is the Venis/Holly team. I'm glad Venis is on the screen and being used but I just see the whole "I was never given my rightful shot" storyline used for him too often. There needs to be more to him than that because right now he just seems sort of one dimensional, but on the other hand you left room for him and Holly's characters to grow by stating they were really set-off by The Dudley Boyz invading their territory and being graced with such opportunities. That could be a set-up for just the feud instead of their whole persona, which would be rather one dimensional if it were just a grizzled vet. I really do love your booking though for the most part as it's very comical and entertaining with a lot of twists and turns.

God-Awful Rendition Of Smackdown:

My impression of God-Awful's booking is that you really like, or maybe need a challenge to keep you interested because you effectively and realistically narrow down your main event scene by removing The Rock, aligning Angle with Booker and are using a lot of your upper midcarders and midcarders. It's a very respectable style and you're doing it rather well. Edge and Booker T are really looking like they're the stars of Smackdown and are just as important as your Chris Jericho's who are there for the star-power while the guys being built-up are your backbone and foundation. Well with a foundation like Team Canada/UnAmericans/whatever you're calling them, Jeff Hardy, and this new innovative team of Saturn/Stasiak, added along with the crowd-drawing Y2J and Kurt Angle, you would have to be a moron to fuck it up, and you prove you're far from a moron. Hopefully Saturn and Stasiak come up with a bitchin' double team move that's just as zany as the combination. I'm a little saddened to see the lack of Hurricane though. WHATZUP WIT DAT!? Other than the lack of Hurricane love, you're effectively using everyone that you have at your disposal to their fullest advantage. You even make reading about The Big Show and Mark Henry readable. They serve a very distinct purpose, much like the rest of your roster. Although I give Idolized the advantage for writing, I definitely give you the advantage for logical, yet creative usage of characters.

Damn good work from the both of you. I can see why this was pinned and although I have my severe doubts about it ever making it that far, I'd be interested to see if a few months game-wise down the line you guys try to negotiate any trades or deals of that sort. Nothing like turmoil between writers played out through GM's to really spark interest in your readers :D

(Edit: Seeing The Enforcer/Enforker's response to my review: DO'H!)

Edited by Inner D Monz

They book and write both shows together. It's not the kind of split where one takes Raw, and the other takes Smackdown. They both book each show, and write each show. With that being said...there should be a show coming soon...right guys :P

So in answer to Idols comment, 'here art me' <_<

I refuse to comment on the PPv after my pathetic prediction contest results :thumbsdown: So onto RAW eh.

RAW 22nd April 2002

- HHH as a face is now interesting thanks to you. He is a total bad ass, he actually wants to defend against Taker. Vince is up to his usual tricks. Nash vs HHH? Thats amazing for a RAW main event, but Im glad your not going to offer it as a PPV main event. While theres nothing wrong with it, theres just alot of people who could put on a better main event.

- Great debut for Morrus, I said it before.. I do love him. The fact that he just won a championship right away makes me love you two all the more. Raven gets a little promo time before hand aswell making him not look too weak or anything.

- The gauntlet match was a good idea and it accomplished a good deal of things. Got a load of midcarders on the show, Lesnar got to destroy as he does and the ending was great. I knew that Matt wasn't winning, although I hoped as I was reading it. But an Eddie return just makes it all better. Despite seeing RVD/Eddie in real life around this time, I can't fault it.

- I like the team of Holly/Val and it seems like a good way to both expand your tag division and utilise two solid midcard acts who would have probably ended up doing nothing.

- Meh, not keen on this bit. Lesnar has already appeared and I didnt think he needed to be featured again. After all he's not that bigger of a deal. This match or the earlier run in, one of them shoudn't have happened. I have no problem with you squashing Stevie (cos thats what happens to him :P ) but *sniff* for no Tommy love.

- The Hogan/Austin promo was absolubtly gold! I loved it, you captured both characters really well and you have me genuinly excited about a possible match between the pair of them. Great stuff guys, if this was real.. it would be HUGE.

- Random is the right word here. I still think womens division sucks, but two good points here. One: there was only one, short segment with the ladies. 2: I'm actually beggining to like Jazz, she is such a Bad Ass... cool stuff.

- Not much to say here, but glad to see Holly/Val getting a matchas well as the promo earlier. The win cements them as a 'proper' team the way I see it. Pretty basic stuff which will no doubt lead to a 3 way at JD. If it wasn't for the inclusion of the new Holly/Val team, I'd say that this whole tag thing was boring. If ya really wanna spice it up though, you HAVE TO put Stasiak and Saturn in the mix. They need to be tag champs. Now!

- The nWo backstage skit seemed more filler than anything, but it was still a nice little lead in to the main event.

- Good main event with a good ending. nWo do there stuff, get away safely, and the story seems to be Hogan/Austin which is great. I love how your keeping them from psyically attacking each other for now, and keeping it to taunts etc. When they do finally unload on each other, it'll be a bloody good mark out moment. Minor problem is that I just can't imagine Kane 'helping him up' seems odd. No real problem though. Good stuff anyway guys as per usual ^_^

Let me start by saying this is my favourite diary.. i enjoyed the brand extension in real life as much as i do this.. but hey i also enjoyed the invasion angle i think that makes me the only one.

Raw - Idolized

Raw is running smoothley so far with Vince playing the boss rolle brilliantly, being a heel but also being hated by heels in the fact there is tension between 'Big Evil' and himself I can sense maybe a fave turn for taker if he wins the title.

NWO - Doing better then they did in real life, way to go by making them hated, they didnt do enough to get booed last time and despite the fact that one on one against the 3 you have them booked against NWO looks weaker but as a team they look stronger.

The Faces - Austin, Kane and Hogan did well together but you knew it would never last you have Hogan and Austin brewing something, which i hope you hold off it definately deserves to be a mania event. The only thing is where to know for Kane?

Brock Lesnar - Lesnar the machine he is has broken in brilliantly his gimmick is working and well Matt Hardy was really a good option for him to squash, i want to see who he moves onto next though maybe RVD for a IC battle?

Matt Hardy - Im a huge hardy fan which is why it pains me to see him loose to Hardcore Holly of all people but it has been well written and i am interested in what u have planned next, maybe V1 will be born?

Tag Division - Tag division is going well, i cant wait to see some title changes though which will mix up the roster, I like the way there are 2 heel teams and the one face you know its gonna blow up in the heels face in the end.

Hardcore - THis is the only thing i don't like as a title it seems effortless as it has changed soooo many times, but if it breaks people up the ranks IE Hugh Morris and Raven then its doing its job

OVERALL - I love it and im looking forward to the next show

SmackDown - God-Awful

Every one says Idolized has the edge, but i think its very even i like both shows overall Raw is better but i think picking single fueds smackdown has the edge. (no pun intended)

Triple H - THe champ, defying odds i dont think he should have won at backlash has kinda tarnished the uber heel push that jericho had going, but im happy to see what happens next. Trips character is going strong but you cant help but feel he is going to turn heel at any moment.

Chris Jericho - The perfect tweener,.. you love to hate him and you expect him to be a prick.. i think he is the only guy who could do a face thing and the crowd would love him even after taking out the rock. WOuld have loved to see him as champ but im happy to see what he does next.

Comedy - Dude you got a pretty funny show happening, the booker/angle thing is gold i can literally see it playing out in my head, also the writing you have done with regal has been flawless. Stasiak and Saturn its a match made in heaven maybe moppy could return as a manager, and jealousy could erupt causing them to turn on each other? (that was a joke)

The Big Guys - You have the big monsters looking strong both Big Show and Henry have been unfazed by chairs and brass knuckles, yet they still look like they could loose matches and thats the way it should be.

OVERALL -Another great show and its both shows together which makes this my fav diary.. this is just my opinions hope they havent offended

How long til the next show?

SDlogo.png

WWF SMACKDOWN RESULTS – THURSDAY 25, APRIL 2002

Kicking off with the opening video package to Marilyn Manson’s “Beautiful People”, the Smackdown logo shatters, transitioning into a panning shot of the arena. Over eight thousand people have packed into the arena for a huge edition of Smackdown, and are treated to a pyrotechnic display to start things off with a bang.

1 - WHERE ON EARTH DID HE FIND THAT!?

Following the pyro display, we don't go to Tazz and Michael Cole at ringside, instead we get the countdown and "Break The Walls Down". Steaming mad, Chris Jericho heads out onto the stage. He's without his trademark poses, and in his hand is a large, ancient looking book that appears covered in dust. Jericho gets into the ring, and screams for one of the ring crew members to hand him "a damn microphone."

Chris Jericho: Since people can't seem to keep their mouths shut, I guess I'm out here to go on and on about a huuuge surprise that most of you already know about thanks to Vince McJerky on RAW! You're right McMahon, those "rumors" that you've heard of Y2J challenging once again for the WWF Undisputed Title tonight - are absolutely true!

*This gets a reaction from the crowd, as Jericho raises the book in his left hand.*

Chris Jericho: What I have in my right hand is the official "Rules and Regulations Book of the World Wide Wrestling Federation," circa 1964. And according to Chapter 8, Section 11, Codicil 4 - the fact that I had no knowledge as to whether or not Triple H was able to compete in our match at Backlash prior to my entrance negates the title shot! So in layman's terms, my faithful Jerichoholics - it's as if the match at Backlash never happened, and MY title shot still remains - bay-bay!

*Jericho is proud, he may be on the edge of sanity but has proved his wits tonight.*

Chris Jericho: So instead of waiting until after Judgment Day to stake my claim, I'm gonna do it on a night that Triple H is at his worst. There's no ---

"Time to play.... THE GAME!!"

*Jericho's proud expression is replaced by one of anger as the Undisputed Champion, Triple H comes out onto the stage with a microphone in hand.*

Triple H: [applauding] I have to hand it to ya Jericho, you are a cunning son of a gun, aren't you? There isn't a damn stunt that you won't pull is there, huh? I mean breaking ribs, taking a guy out less than four nights before your big title match - and then, oh oh - here's the good part; you find some rule that negates our match at Backlash, because - get this; there was doubt that I'd show up. How ironic, that doubt was your fault to begin with?!

*Triple H continues to walk down the ramp*

Triple H: But you know something Jericho, it doesn't really matter. You want an Undisputed Title Match tonight, well that's fine by me. Hell, as of late I've been feelin' like Superman. I took you out Sunday, I had Nash pinned in the center of the ring on Monday, and you bet your ass I'll do the same to you tonight! Hell, I've got an idea! Our match tonight... I'll even let you pick a special stipulation, how's that sound.

Chris Jericho: Superman? Don't make me choke! All you're doing Triple H is living on borrowed time. But I'll take you up on that offer, junior. I'll name a stip. Tonight, Y2J and the Game... with a special guest referee!

*Triple H rolls his eyes, as he probably suspected something of the sorts for Jericho.*

Chris Jericho: ...Ric Flair!!!

*What!? Triple H was not expecting that at all. Why on earth would Jericho pick Flair - a guy who has made it obvious that he wasn't an ally of Y2J? Jericho drops the microphone, with HHH looking a bit confused and rolls out of the ring. With that, Smackdown takes us to our first commercial break - tonight's Main Event is signed - Triple H vs. Chris Jericho for the Undisputed Title with Smackdown owner Ric Flair as the referee!

Jericho vs. HHH with Ric Flair as special guest referee tonight - 90% rating

2 - PERRY SATURN AND PLANET STASIAK VERSUS ALBERT AND SCOTTY 2 HOTTY

Coming back from commercial, Smackdown saw some tag-team action as two whacky partnerships faced off. After their coming out match with a win over World Tag Team Champions: Billy and Chuck, Saturn and Stasiak looked to prove that they are indeed a force to be reckoned with in the tag team division against the much larger Albert, and the energetic Scotty Too Hotty. The crowd was hot for Scotty as the action waged back and fourth in the early going with each team sharing advantages and multiple tags back and fourth. After enjoying a sizable advantage, the Hip Hop Hippo's spree of dominance was brought to an end as he inadvertently crotched himself against the top rope. The Moss Covered Three Handled Family Credenza then followed from Saturn who went for the cover, but Scotty broke it up at two. Albert eventually got the tag, but Saturn and Stasiak were having an "on" night. In the end, Saturn hoisted Scotty onto his shoulders, Stasiak climbed the top rope and dropkicked Scotty off of Saturn's shoulders, much like LOD's Doomsday device. The cover, and count of three ensued.

Saturn and Stasiak def. Albert and Scotty - (OR: 69%, CR: 74%, MQ: 60%, ** rating)

Scotty 2 Hotty lost 1 point of overness

Albert lost 1 point of overness

Shawn Stasiak gained 1 point of overness

Perry Saturn gained 1 point of overness

As Stasiak and Saturn celebrated their win and exited the ring, Albert returned to the ring and helped up his partner. It looked as if everything was cool, when Albert suddenly nearly took Scotty's head off with a pump kick! He then ripped off his black shirt to reveal his hairy girth, as he shouted and pointed at Scotty. Michael Cole simply asked, "What in the hell was that for?"

Albert gained 5 points of overness from his turn

3 - STYLIN' AND PROFILIN' BACKSTAGE IN THE NAITCHA BOY'S OFFICE

We had backstage to the office of Smackdown owner Ric Flair. Flair's legs are propped up on his desk, as William Regal stands in front of it looking quite ticked.

William Regal: What in the bloody hell do you mean I have to face Mark Henry again tonight for my European Title?! And why on god's green earth do you insist on making this match again and again? What has that wretched toe-rag even done to deserve a title shot in the first place?!

Ric Flair: Hey, the way I see it Regal I'm lettin' you off easy, pal! I could make it no disqualification... But its much more fun to see you struggle against The "World's Strongest Man"! It's pretty simple Regal, the only way that this is all gonna end is if you lose that title, or are declared the winner!

*Going red in the face, Regal opens the office door and goes to leave, but he bumps into Chris Jericho who pushes his way through. Jericho has a smile on his face as he looks at Flair.*

Ric Flair: So are you gonna let me in on hat you have planned tonight Jericho, huh? You had to have formulated some kind of plan in that insane mind of yours...

Chris Jericho: Oh, there's no plan, Ric. Where's your confidence, where's your trust in me? I've got no conspiracy, no master plan! I just thought you'd love being the guy to hit the mat with his hand three times, and then award me the Undisputed Title Belt!

*Jericho has a cocky smile on his face as Flair sort of rolls his eyes.*

Chris Jericho: It's going to happen Ric, it's going to happen!

Jericho walks out of the office with Flair looking a bit perplexed as Smackdown heads to commercial once again.

Jericho tries to play mind games - 85% rating

4 – CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH – TAJIRI © VERSUS SPIKE DUDLEY VERSUS CRASH HOLLY

Coming back from the break, Tajiri (w/Torrie Wilson) defended his championship against Spike Dudley and Crash Holly, two men who were recently attacked in separate incidents to a point where they couldn’t make it to their respective Cruiserweight Title matches. Before the match began, none other than Chavo Guerrero came down to ringside to join the commentary team for the match. When the bell finally rang, Spike and Crash double teamed Tajiri from the get-go, giving him a double shoulder block, a slam/legdrop combination and a vertical suplex. That alliance quickly evaporated when Spike objected to Crash trying to get the pin. Crash raked Spike’s eyes and threw him to the outside. At ringside, Chavo Guerrero commented on the “travesty” of not being awarded a Cruiserweight Title shot since he joined the WWF. All alone with Tajiri, Crash took too long in whipping him to the ropes, receiving a springboard elbow smash for his troubles. Tajiri went for the pin, but only got a two when Spike got back in the ring and made the save. Spike threw Tajiri out the ring and worked on Crash with kicks and punches. Going to the top rope, he hit the double leg stomp, but his pinfall attempt got foiled by Tajiri, who gave the Dudley a stiff kick to the head. Crash blindsided Tajiri. Whilst the champ was stunned, Crash got Spike onto the top rope in hope for a superplex. When Crash set Spike up though, Tajiri slid under Crash and powerbombed him the same time he superplexed Spike!!! After a few moments stunned, Tajiri and Crash got up at the same time. Crash missed the clothesline, falling into the corner, giving Tajiri the set-up for the Tarantula! Chavo cried about how the move was cheating, and how he doesn’t need to cheat to win matches, like Tajiri “obviously does”. Crash screamed in pain, but technically the referee couldn’t break the hold due to there being no disqualification in this type of match. Thankfully he let go after a few seconds. Tajiri stalked Crash as he recovered on the ground, waiting for him to sit up. Suddenly he swings his boot, but at the rising Spike Dudley’s head instead! The stiffness of the kick is makes a sickening sound on impact, and the pinfall afterwards get the three!!!

Tajiri def. Spike Dudley and Crash Holly– (OR: 64%, CR: 54%, MQ: 75%, **1/2 rating)

The WWF Cruiserweight Title gained in image

Tajiri got back his championship from referee Nick Patrick, holding it up in celebration. Meanwhile at ringside, Chavo Guerrero announces he intends to challenge Tajiri for the Cruiserweight Title in the near future. While Torrie enters the ring and gives her boyfriend a congratulatory kiss, Smackdown heads to the backstage area…

5 – THE MANAGER AND HIS BUSINESS CARDS

Booker T is warming up backstage for his tag team match later on tonight. Boxing the air with a look of intensity on his face, he gets interrupted when Kurt Angle enters the locker room. Kurt is dressed in a tracksuit and his right arm is in a sling but not a cast, indicating a shoulder injury.

Booker T: Wassup, Kurt?

Kurt Angle: What’s up? What’s up?!?! My arm is in a freakin' sling thanks to Edge ‘n I can’t even get revenge coz I’ll be like this for months… Even years!

Booker T: Years?!?

Kurt Angle: Yeah, years. The bone’s gone out of the socket; somethin’ broke ‘n whatever. You know, the doctor said it was the most amazing break he’d ever seen!? [smug] See, I’m even the champion of A&E!

Booker T: But what'cha gonna do when yer like that, man?

Kurt Angle: Pretty simple. I still want revenge on that damn Edge and you’re the man get it for me--- BUT!!! After you totally stunk the place out with your matches against Edge and Show in the past week, it’s obvious you need me as a manager!

Booker T: Tell me... you didn't just say that! I’m a five time, five time, five time, five time, five time Dubya-See-Dubya champion man! I don’t need no manager!

Kurt Angle: Well that’s too bad, coz I’ve already filled out the paperwork and made business cards. Check it out!

*Kurt uses his able arm to reach into his jacket pocket. Pulling out a business card, he hands it over to Book. Booker’s eyes widen, and he suddenly turns into a fit of chuckling.*

Kurt Angle: What’s so funny?!

*Kurt snatches the card and reads it.*

Kurt Angle: Kurt Angel?! I’ve printed five-hundred cards saying Kurt freakin’ Angel?!

*Kurt grumbles loudly, throwing the card away. Booker is still laughing, patting Kurt sympathetically on the (good) shoulder. Angle takes a long look at Book’s hand on his shoulder, before he turns to the man himself looking angrily.*

Kurt Angle: Drop and give me fifty!

Booker T: What?! I ain’t doin' that, man!

Kurt Angle: I’m your manager now, and what I say goes! Now get to it!

*Booker sighs before going down on the floor to do push-ups. As Kurt counts each push-up loudly, Smackdown goes to a commercial break.*

Kurt Angle becomes Booker T’s manager – 81% rating

6 - EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH: MARK HENRY VERSUS WILLIAM REGAL ©

As Smackdown returned, William Regal was already in the ring and handed his European Title to referee Charles Robinson. Mark Henry made his entrance next, and Regal saw it fit to roll to the outside as "The World's Strongest Man" entered the squared circle. They started off as their other matches thus far have; with Henry using his ungodly power to knock Regal from pillar to post around the ring. After a missed avalanche in the corner though, Regal kept Henry back against the corner and delivered a series of European uppercuts to Henry's head. The brit grabbed hold of Henry's arm and attempted to whip him into the ropes, but to no effect. He tried it once more, but Henry clubbed Regal with a short arm clothesline. He followed it up with an elbow drop, and covered for two. After some more dominating from Henry, Regal had enough and hauled off; he kicked Henry right in the family jewels! Seeing this, the referee called for the bell!

Mark Henry def. William Regal by DQ - (OR: 62%, CR: 66%, MQ: 53%, *1\2 rating)

The big man hunches over after the blatant low blow, but the European Champion isn't done! Regal digs into his trunks and pulls out the brass knuckles. He slips them on his hand and blasts Henry right in his head! Fighting to stay on his feet, Henry stumbles around until another shot from Regal knocks him to the canvas! Regal looks satisfied with Henry now lying on the mat, and he grabs his title belt before walking off. Regal may have (finally) gotten better of the big man, but Michael Cole predicts that Henry will now be even more pissed off!

7 – JAZZ AND JACQUELINE LOOK TO ERADICATE

In the Smackdown interview area, Kevin Kelly is standing by…

Kevin Kelly: Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time: the WWF Women’s champion Jazz, and Jacqueline.

*The camera zooms back to reveal the two women. Dressed ready to wrestle, they look in a foul mood (as always).*

Kevin Kelly: Ladies, it seemed your alliance was formed to battle Trish Stratus at first, but then this happened this past Monday on Raw… Let’s take a look.

*A clip plays from this past Monday Night Raw…*

*Jazz lunges at Terri Runnels, grabbing her by the hair! Terri shrieks for help, but in the midst of the commotion, Jazz gets behind Terri and lifts her high in the air with the Jazz Stretch.*

Jazz: How d’ya like that, huh?!?! HUH?!?!?!

*Jazz keeps the hold locked in; Terri’s torture is seemingly never-ending. The clip ends there…*

*Back in the interview area…*

Kevin Kelly: Jazz, why did you attack Terri?

*Jazz coldly stares at Kelly. Jacqueline directs the microphone towards herself.*

Jacqueline: Ain’t it obvious Kevin? Ain’t it obvious what this is all about? What ya got ‘ere are two women, pissed off that all the women in the WWF are nothin’ more than a bunch of blonde haired, blue eyed, white trash that can’t even wrestle! Them girls just flaunt ther' bodies for these fans approval like some street walker lookin' to make a buck. Me ‘n Jazz have made this alliance with just one goal, we’re gonna take out every last one 'uh them so called divas like Terri, like Trish until everybody realizes that women, like us, are more useful in the ring than just taking part in god damn bikini contests!

Jazz: What the hell do you two want?

*Jazz is referring to Trish Stratus and Ivory, who enter the interview area. Both sets of women stare down at each other until Kevin puts the microphone in front of Trish’s for her to talk.*

Trish Stratus: Lemme tell ya somethin’, Jackie… I can understand why you’re frustrated. I mean, it’s the 21st century after all; we shouldn’t be treat like sex objects. But the thing that REALLY, and I mean this is a big one, the thing that confuses me is that you attacked me coz I’m just some “blonde haired, blue eyed piece of white trash that can’t wrestle”?! And the same applies for Ivory I guess? Jackie, you know more than anyone that we can kick ass in the ring. The difference between us two, and you two, is that you need to lighten up! We go out there and do bra and panties matches, and bikini contests and whatever coz we enjoy it, coz the fans enjoy it. It’s nothin’ more than harmless fun! It can’t all be serious, or else we’d just end up with a scour on our faces all the time… Just like you two have! But when things do get serious, we both bring our A-game. And when we have our tag match next, we’re gonna show you both what two so-called “divas” can do!!!

*Trish and Ivory stare down their opponents once more before departing. From Jazz and Jacqueline’s angered faces, Michael Cole hypes that Trish and Ivory will face them in a tag team match… Next!*

Trish and Ivory confront Jacqueline and Jazz before their match – 76% rating

Jacqueline gained 3 points of overness

Jazz gained 1 point of overness

8 – TRISH STRATUS AND IVORY VERSUS JACQUELINE AND JAZZ

After the commercial break, the women’s tag match happened as promised, pitting Trish Stratus and Ivory versus Jacqueline and Jazz. Trish was initially caught off-guard, surprised by the increased aggressiveness in Jackie. Jackie delivered a kick in the gut before spearing her to the ground, delivering stiff lefts and rights to the face. With Trish still in her possession, Jacqueline tags in Jazz. Jazz showed no-nonsense, instantly powerbombing the former champ to the canvas. She made the pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! But Trish kicked out. Jazz complained to the referee, the distraction enough to get her struck in the stomach and become victim to a snap suplex. Trish made the tag to Ivory, who locked Jazz in a headlock. Jazz pushed her away and then knocked her to the ground when Ivory rebounded into her muscular body. After a quick struggle Jazz applied the sidewalk slam before tagging in Jacqueline again. Body slamming Ivory (with a look of satisfaction on her face), she suddenly goes crazy, choking Ivory on the ground. The referee makes the quick count to five, which Jackie barely breaks. Jacqueline picked up Ivory and did a snapmare and a stiff boot to the back. Ivory yelled in pain as Jazz re-entered the ring. Ivory reached for the tag, but couldn’t touch Trish. Instead she received a DDT, head first to the canvas, followed by a running splash into a pin: ONE!!! TWO!!! TH- Ivory kicked again. Desperate to finish her off, Jazz locked her into a sleeper hold, clamping her arm around Ivory’s neck. Trish clapped on the turnbuckle to encourage the fans to cheer Ivory, something Ivory reacted to, standing up and elbowing Jazz in the face. Escaped from Jazz’s grip, Ivory went for the tag when… Trish fell off the apron?! Jacqueline, from out of nowhere, had come from her corner to take out Stratus. With nowhere to go, Ivory was locked in the Jazz Stretch. Before she could submit though, she was dumped to the ground and got more additional torture from the Jazz Stinger STF. Ivory had no option but to tap out.

Jacqueline and Jazz def. Trish Stratus and Ivory – (OR: 54%, CR: 55%, MQ: 54%, * rating)

Jazz continues to keep the move locked in, looking to make a statement. Ivory’s squeals of pain before more and more high pitched until she finally passes out from the pain. Meanwhile Jacqueline goes to the outside, picks up a groggy Trish and forces her to watch Jazz do the move on Ivory, threatening she’ll get the same fate at Ivory in the near future. Eventually referees and road agents run down to break up the move; the damage has been done however. Ivory lays unconscious on the ground, her body limp, needing medical attention badly. The segment ends with Jacqueline pushing Trish to the ground and joining Jazz as they’re forced up the ramp by officials and Smackdown heads to break.

9 – EDGE AND JEFF HARDY VERSUS BOOKER T AND TEST (W/KURT ANGLE)

From commercial we got a huge tag team match that brought together former tag team rivals Edge and Jeff Hardy to face the former WCW Tag Team Champions of Booker T and Test. Booker’s manager Kurt Angle was vocal from the get-go, trying to distract Jeff as he grappled Booker. Booker struck the knee to Jeff’s gut before whipping him to the ropes. Trying a quick Harlem Sidekick, Jeff put on the breaks, ducked past a clothesline and rebounded from the ropes with a flying. Jeff tagged in Edge, which caused Booker to scurry quickly to his corner and tag in Test. Test decked Edge with left and rights, before whipping him to the corner and doing a bulldog from there - a pinfall attempt only got a two. Edge tried to fight back with stray punches when he got picked up, but he wound up victim to a gutwrench powerbomb. Eagerly Booker wanted the tag in, something he received. Booker posed as if he’s annihilated the Canadian himself, basking in the glory of the fans’ boos and Angle’s cheering. Booker went to pick up Edge, but got rolled up in a small package – ONE!!! TWO!!! Booker barely kicks out! With Angle almost having a heart attack at ringside, Booker advances towards Edge when they get on their feet again, only to receive a flapjack head first onto the turnbuckle. Edge tags in Jeff Hardy, who uses Booker’s state of daze to head to the top rope and execute the Whisper in the Wind!!! Booker gets pinned again, and only just kicks out at 2.9!

Booker T was in real trouble of losing, and Kurt realized that as he was forced to trip Jeff Hardy over moments later out of desperation. Staring down the Olympic gold medalist, Jeff turned around into a Harlem Sidekick. T finally tagged Test back in again! Test immediately uses his height/weight to bully Jeff, tossing him around like a rag doll with a hiptoss and powerslam among other things. He caps off this offense with the pump-handle slam, causing Michael Cole that the match was surely over now as Jeff landed hard on the canvas. Cockily though, Test decided to continue on, making his way to the top rope. When up there, he removed his elbow pad, before flying off with an elbow drop. He shoots – he misses!!! Test rolled around in pain as Jeff slowly crawled towards Edge. Painfully slowly, Jeff reached over and made the tag! Edge charged in and speared Test as he stood up. The tag format broke down as Booker entered at will. Edge blocked a punch, but fell into the Book End position. Edge elbowed his way out of it and executed the Implant DDT! Test got back up and tried to whip Edge to the corner. Edge reversed it, ran to Test and knelt down, allowing Jeff Hardy to do the Poetry In Motion in a truly surreal moment. Test grabbed Jeff from behind and threw him out of the ring. He tried to take care of Edge again but failed once more; this time a missed big boot caused him to wedge his groin against the top rope. Seeing things falling to pieces, Kurt Angle got onto the apron and started to complain with the referee. Upon seeing this, Edge walked over to Kurt. Kurt and Edge started to argue when Edge suddenly bumped heads with Kurt (causing the Olympic gold medalist to messily fall to the ground). The bump came from Booker T, who made the opportunistic roll-up: ONE!!! TWO!!! Edge is still too dazed! THREE!!! Test and Booker T steal one!

Booker T & Test def. Edge & Jeff Hardy – (OR: 79%, CR: 79%, MQ: 80%, *** rating)

After the match, Booker rolls to the outside. He checks on Kurt, who seems fine minus being temporarily saved, but stops helping Kurt up to get his hand raised by the referee. Joined by Test, the trio head up the ramp way to celebrate the big victory. In the ring, Edge kneels up, holding onto his head. Along with Jeff who re-enters the ring, they look disappointed over what’s happened, something that wouldn’t have happened if Kurt Angle hadn’t been involved in the match-up.

10 – THE FIFTY-TWO CARD PICK UP

Smackdown cuts from ringside to the APA office backstage. Bradshaw and Faarooq are sat at the table, drinking beer, smoking cigars and playing poker. Bradshaw looks happy while Faarooq is the opposite. Eventually Faarooq throws his cards down at the table disappointingly.

Faarooq: I’m out!

Bradshaw: Looks like its down t’me ‘n you then! [turns to his left] What ya got?!

*The camera zooms further out to reveal Funaki is also at the table. Fat cigar in mouth and shades on, Funaki cockily places his cards on the table. Bradshaw and Faarooq stare at the cards in disbelief.*

Funaki: I am… Winner of poker!

Faarooq: Damn!!!

*Funaki is about to collect his winnings when the three are interrupted by Christian and Lance Storm, who enter around the office door instead of through it!*

Bradshaw: Hey, there’s a damn door there! If ya don’t enter through it, then we may just have a problem!

Christian: We’ve gotta problem anyway… With you two! Why the hell did you ruin our fun with Jeff Hardy?!

*Bradshaw stands up to confront Christian.*

Bradshaw: He may’ve been a paying customer but lemme tell ya somethin’, Jeff is a good friend of ours. What right do you three Canadians think ya had bullyin’ him? Maybe instead of him, why the hell don’t ya try pickin’ on us instead?

*Bradshaw and Christian stare each other down. Lance pats Christian on the shoulder.*

Lance Storm: C’mon Christian, it ain’t worth it!

*Hesitantly, Christian lets down his guard. The Canadians walk towards the office exit, only to ambush Bradshaw when he turns around to Faarooq. The APA and Canadians begin to have a massive brawl, punching and kicking each other, slamming each other’s heads and bodies into objects nearby with such ferocity that Funaki forgets about his winnings and runs for his life. Thankfully after a few moments, the referees come in to separate the two teams. Bradshaw especially struggles with being held back...*

Bradshaw: We’re gonna teach you punks a lesson! You’ll see! [to referees] Damnit, let me go!

*As the struggle continues, Smackdown goes to its final commercial break. Coming up next: Triple H defends his Undisputed Championship against Chris Jericho – with Smackdown owner: Ric Flair as the special guest referee!*

APA and Christian/Storm get into a brawl – 63% rating

11 - UNDISPUTED TITLE MATCH - CHRIS JERICHO VERSUS TRIPLE H © W/ SPECIAL REFEREE: RIC FLAIR

Back from the final commercial break of the evening, Ric Flair found himself in the uncomfortable position of referee in this HUGE Smackdown main event. Hailed by Michael Cole and Tazz as what could be the final chapter in the storied rivalry between Triple H and Chris Jericho, the action in this one surely didn't disappoint. Jericho started off the bout as cocky as ever, even reminding Flair that it would be his hand that made the count tonight. Knowing full well that Triple H was still suffering from rib injuries inflicted by Jericho himself, Y2J chose pinpoint them as the target of his attack. He hammered his knees in Triple H's ribs again and again, but Triple H wisely rolled out of the ring and tried to catch a breather.

Jericho however didn't want any part of Triple H catching his breath. He rolled to the outside and walked Triple H around. He attempted to bash The Game's head off of the barricade, but Helmsley countered and it was Jericho who instead tasted the fan separator. He unleashed some furry on the man that radically reduced his physical well being, and then tossed him into the ring. Inside of the ring they waged war, exchanges the offensive advantage back and fourth until Jericho forced Flair in front of him to take the knee lift from Triple H! Flair hit the deck, and Jericho immediately delivered a low blow to The Game.

He then rolled out of the ring and grabbed a steel chair. With Flair down, Jericho wore out the chair across Triple H's back, and then hit a lionsault! He woke Flair up, and reluctantly Flair made the count 1 - 2 - Flair saw the chair! Flair refused to count to three and picked up the chair that Jericho had discarded. The owner of Smackdown confronts Jericho, and Y2J, knowing his opportunity was slipping away each moment - slapped Flair across the face, demanding he make the count. Flair hauled off and punched Jericho in return, spinning him around and right into a kick to the gut from Triple H! The Game followed it up with The Pedigree! Flair happily slid into position and made the count, 1 - 2 - 3!!! Triple H retains!

Triple H p. Chris Jericho - (OR: 80%, CR: 86%, MQ: 67%, **1\2 rating)

The WWF Undisputed Title lost image.

Following the bell, Flair ordered for the belt and handed it to Triple H, raising his hand in victory. Jericho lies on the mat, still feeling the effects of the pedigree - all of his plotting and planning has backfired, Triple H is STILL The Undisputed Champion of the World!

Off Triple H's celebrations and Y2J's misery, this edition of Smackdown comes to an end.

Quick Results:

- Planet Stasiak and Perry Saturn def. Albert & Scotty 2 Hotty

- Tajiri def. Spike Dudley and Crash Holly (Cruiserweight Title)

- Mark Henry def. William Regal via DQ (European Title)

- Jacqueline and Jazz def. Trish Stratus and Ivory

- Booker T & Test def. Edge & Jeff Hardy

- Triple H p. Chris Jericho (Undisputed Title)

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 68%, Television Rating: 5.54, Attendance: 8012

Edited by God-Awful

RAWlogo.png

WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW RESULTS - MONDAY 29, APRIL 2002

Monday Night Raw goes from its usual ‘Union Underground’ opening video to the pyrotechnic display in the arena. Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler welcome us to another edition of Raw. Tonight will see a huge main event – Vince McMahon has ordered Triple H to defend his Undisputed Championship for the fourth time in eight days against Kevin Nash, this time in a No Disqualification match! Can Triple H overcome the odds? Or will McMahon get his wish by having The Game become the exclusive property of Monday Night Raw? Also, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan have been forced to team up with each other tonight against Scott Hall and X-Pac!

1 – NON-TITLE MATCH: JAZZ VERSUS MOLLY HOLLY

Monday Night Raw kicked off with a match between Jazz and Molly Holly, a match set-up after Jazz attacked Terri Runnells and Molly made the save. According to JR, Terri should be return to her duties next week. The match began with Jazz delivering a boot to the gut and ramming Molly’s shoulder into the turnbuckle pad. This began the Women’s champ on working on the shoulder, wrenching the arm back and doing an armbreaker, which forced Molly to the ropes. Jazz picked up Holly only to get punches to the face. Ducking a clothesline attempt, Molly nailed the Northern Lights Suplex, but only got the two count! Jazz tried to recuperate in the corner when Molly did the double handspring back elbow smash. Jazz however moved out of the way and completely flattened with a clothsline Molly as she stumbled towards the centre of the ring. Talking smack to the crowd, Jazz proceeded to do a powerbomb – only for Molly to do a hurricarana. With the champ dazed, Molly decided to go to the top rope. Waiting for Jazz to stand, she went for the Molly Go Round. She didn’t hit her target, but landed on her feet. Jazz suddenly from behind did a school boy: ONE!!! TWO!!! Jazz’s put her feet on the ropes! THREE!!! Jazz steals one!

Jazz def. Molly Holly – (OR: 52%, CR: 35%, MQ: 69%, ** rating)

Jazz collects her belt from ringside to begin her celebrations. Despite being taken to the limit, the self-proclaimed “Bitch” is more than happy her method of winning has drawn such a sad face on Molly Holly. As Molly holds her head disappointingly, Monday Night Raw goes to the backstage area…

2 – UNCLE VINCE NEEDS YOU! TO SCREW TRIPLE H

Vince McMahon is stood in his office, pacing back and forth, miming some words and acting out a scenario in his head. There’s a knock on the door, which makes Vince stop and look nervous, ready to perform said scenario in real life.

Vince McMahon: Yeah, c’mon in!

*Mr McMahon watches as The Undertaker enters. Taker walks up close to Vince in an extremely intimidating manner.*

The Undertaker: Ya wanted t’see me?

Vince McMahon: Uh yes, yeah I did. I know we ain’t been seeing eye to eye lately, but I called you in here for… A favour.

The Undertaker: A favour?!

Vince McMahon: Yeah. As you know, tonight in the main event, Triple H will defend his Undisputed Championship again against Kevin Nash, this time in a No DQ match. If Triple H loses his belt to a member of the Raw brand then he becomes my property, ‘n---

The Undertaker: You want me to screw ‘im, don’t ya? Man, I already told you last week, I don’t give-a damn ‘bout what you want. I only give-a damn what I want, and what I want is to face Triple H for the Undisputed Title at Judgment Day. Ain’t it damn time you made that match official anyway?

Vince McMahon: Now you listen here---

The Undertaker: No! You listen! If ya so damn bothered about screwin’ Triple H, why don’t ya go do it yourself?

*The Undertaker storms out, leaving McMahon to try to form a new strategy for tonight’s main event.*

The Undertaker turns down Vince McMahon’s request – 86% rating

3 - STEPH'S LATEST JOB, AND A WORD WITH GUERRERO.

Backstage, Stephanie McMahon is seen standing in front of the camera, and behind her is the backdrop of the normal interview area. She looks less than enthused as she brings the microphone to her mouth.

Stephanie McMahon: JR, King, I'm back here with the number one contender to the Intercontinental Title… Eddie Guerrero?

*Sure enough she is, as the camera pans back to reveal Eddie Guerrero himself, dressed and ready for action in black tights.*

Stephanie McMahon: Eddie, it's my job I guess to ask you this; what are you doing back in the WWF?

*Still with about as much energy as a snail, she puts the microphone in front of Eddie's face.*

Eddie Guerrero: Odelay, mami! You wanna know why I'm back, huh? You wanna know why Eddie Guerrero is back in the WWF? I thought I made that clear last week, when I won that gauntlet match, man. Ain't it obvious?

*Stephanie just looks like she doesn't care, obviously pouting over her latest job.*

Eddie Guerrero: I'm back for the Intercontinental Title, chica! Week after week, I've sat back in front'uh my television and I've watched as RVD, your Intercontinental Champion, climbs that top rope - and leaps off with his sorry excuse for a Frog Splash, holmes. Well no more mami, Eddie Guerrero is back, and I'll show you how it's done!

*Suddenly Rob Van Dam enters the scene out of nowhere, and with the IC Title over his shoulder, he gets into Eddie's face.*

Rob Van Dam: Sorry excuse, huh?

Eddie Guerrero: RVD... man, how ya been, huh?

*Trying to ease RVD over, Eddie extends his hand, but Van Dam doesn't shake it.*

Rob Van Dam: Let me tell you something Eddie, come Judgment Day, when the two of us go at it in that ring, dude - I'm gonna win.

Eddie Guerrero: Hey... calm down. No need to get all hyped essa! I was just making an observation, ya'know? I mean, it's not my fault that your Frog Splash looks weak is it?

Rob Van Dam: Funny Eddie, just remember what I said!

*Van Dam walks off angrily leaving Stephanie and Eddie alone. Stephanie still looks distant, maybe that position in the unemployment line isn’t so bad after all?*

Eddie Guerrero: Was it something I said?

Eddie Guerrero interview backstage - 69% Rating

Rob Van Dam lost 2 points of overness from this segment.

4 - MATT HARDY VERSUS EDDIE GUERRERO

Back in the arena, Matt Hardy had made his way into the ring to a warm reaction. This was followed by the number one contender to the Intercontinental Title, Eddie Guerrero coming out to a reaction from the crowd that seemed they still didn't know how to take them. Some cheered, others booed. This bout stemmed from Hardy and Guerrero being the final two in last week's gauntlet. Hardy had a chip on his shoulder as he looked to pull out a big win here, and prove that he belonged as a singles competitor. Guerrero though, refused to just lie down for Hardy and those two elements came together for a rather intensive and exciting match. Following the Side Effect, Matt motioned for the Twist of Fate. Guerrero got back to his feet, but as Hardy hooked his head, Eddie fought on and countered with a Northern Lights Suplex. That got a two, but it also brought about a spree of adrenaline from Guerrero who nailed Hardy with three vertical suplexes. Guerrero went up top, but Hardy cut him off and the match wore on. In the end, Guerrero caught Hardy with a brainbuster and the Frog Splash finished it off. Guerrero wins, but Hardy gave a hell of an effort.

Eddie Guerrero p. Matt Hardy - (OR: 78%, CR: 74%, MQ: 83%, ***1/4 Rating)

Rolling out of the ring, Guerrero motions his hands across his waist - a clear message to the Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam. In the ring, Matt Hardy pounds his fist on the mat as he's upset with himself for coming up short (again!).

Monday Night Raw heads to commercial break.

5 - THE NEXT BIG THING, AND THE GREAT BIG ASS

Following the commercial break, a hard hitting song plays over the speakers and Paul Heyman walks out with his "client", the monstrous Brock Lesnar at his side. As they make their way to the ring, a video clip reminds us of last week's Gauntlet Match where Lesnar ran in unceremoniously and F-5'd the 400 plus pound Rikishi through the announce table! Once in the ring, Heyman grabs a microphone and the silent monster stands snarling behind him.

Paul Heyman: Ladies and gentlemen, the man you see behind me is the single most powerful, ruthless, destructive force in the entire World Wrestling Federation today! He is the man that has single handedly stamped a path of destruction never before seen in the WWF, and he will continue to do so until he achieves everything to be achieved here in the WWF. What you see in front of you is, without a shadow of a doubt the Next - Big – Thing, and his name is: BROCK LESNAR!

*The fans boo as the former NCAA Champion raises his arms over his head.*

Paul Heyman: Boo him if you must, but that will not change the future. And whether you love it or hate it - Brock Lesnar IS the FUTURE of sports entertainment!

*Still, more boos and they bring a smile to Heyman's face.*

Paul Heyman: Now it has come to my attention that---

"Turn it up! Bangin' it.. Bangin' it, Bangin it..."

*Before Heyman can finish his statement, the 400 plus pound Rikishi storms out from the back looking none too happy. Seeing this, Heyman's decides that the ring is no longer the place for him to be and he rolls to the outside. Lesnar doesn't though, he readies himself and after Rikishi slides his portly frame into the ring, they begin going at it! Lesnar holds his own with the mighty Samoan as the exchange shots back and fourth with great force. Following a run of the ropes though, Rikishi catches Lesnar underneath the chin with a super kick, and the undefeated rookie monster is forced over the top rope. Brock trickles to the outside, but lands on his feet. Lesnar is pissed, and pounds the apron with his fists. He goes to get back into the ring, but Heyman holds him back, yelling that they’ll fight another day. Lesnar reluctantly obliges as Rikishi stares on, still looking quite upset.*

*The "Next Big Thing" has been put in his place here tonight as Monday Night Raw heads to commercial. Up next, Austin and Hogan team up to take on the NWO's Scott Hall and X-Pac!*

Rikishi and Brock brawl - 62% Rating

6 - HULK HOGAN AND STEVE AUSTIN VERSUS SCOTT HALL AND X-PAC

Back from commercial break, it was time to see if the pairing of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan could last against the cohesive unit of the NWO's Scott Hall and X-Pac. It certainly didn't look as though they would in the beginning as Austin didn't so much as even look at Hogan before declaring that he'd start things off for their team. He stomped a mudhole in X-Pac in the corner, and dominated the opening moments. A spinning heel kick though led to X-Pac tagging Scott Hall in. "Da Bad Guy" used his heel tactics to keep Austin in the NWO's corner as the duo worked him over without mercy. After countering Hall's attempt at the Razor's Edge, Austin crawled toward his corner until he was inches away from Hogan's outreached hand. Then, at just that moment: Austin flicked Hogan the bird!

Hall grabbed Stone Cold's leg and dragged him back towards the center of the ring inflicting further damage. Hogan wouldn't get into the match until, after an Irish whip from Hall put Austin into the corner and Hogan tagged himself in. Hogan's signature Hulk-like tactics ensued, until a low blow eventually put it back into the NWO's favor. The NWO keep the pressure, and X-Pac worked the injured knee of the Hulkster over the course of five or so minutes. Perhaps driven by his hate for the NWO, Austin reached his hand out for the tag. After one final Hulk up, Hogan made the tag, but X-Pac ran into the ring and cracked a chair over his back! Hogan rolled out of the ring, as Austin rushed in - the referee having called for the bell. He kicked X-Pac in the gut, forcing him to drop the chair. For a few moments "Stone Cold" tried to fend off both NWO members, but Hall eventually grabbed hold of the chair and clobbered Austin over the head with it!

Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin def. The NWO via DQ - (OR: 72%, CR: 81%, MQ: 54%, *1/2 rating)

As Austin receives a merciless beating at the hands of the NWO, Hulk Hogan gets to his feet and looks as if he's going to slide back in and come to Austin's aid - but doesn't! Instead he watches for a few moments!

BOOOOOM!!!!

Suddenly, pyro erupts from the pillars, and Kane comes out from the back. The NWO continue their beating, but flee once Kane slides into the ring. As X-Pac and Scott Hall leave, Hall quickly tosses Hogan an NWO shirt! Hogan just holds it in his hand as Kane helps Austin to his feet. Hogan turns to Austin, and tries to explain what happened, but once again Austin flipped the bird and left ringside all by himself. Monday Night Raw heads to commercial as everyone wonders what in the hell is going on with Hogan/Austin.

7 - WWF HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: RAVEN VERSUS THE LAUGHING MAN ©

When RAW returned from commercial break, we were shown video highlights of what had happened in the main event of hour one, just in case anyone was just tuning in. Then, Raven made his way to the ring for a Hardcore Title rematch against the man who had beaten him for it last week, The Laughing Man. Raven had carried a shopping cart full of weapons to the ring and unleashed his attack from the get go, wearing out many items but only being able to score a two count at the most. The match wore on, and as Raven clobbered the big man over the head with a trash can he was shocked as The Laughing Man simply laughed maniacally before mounting his comeback with weaponless sheer brute force. JR and The King even commented that despite it being a Hardcore Match, Laughing Man would rather just use his bare hands. After a clothesline sent Raven over the top rope and to the outside, Steven Richards ran into the ring and attacked the champion from behind. The man formerly known as Hugh Morrus didn't take too kindly too it, and planted Richards eventually with sit out double handed chokeslam! The Laughing Man even pinned and recorded a fall over Richards despite him not being the champion or his opponent! Trying to be an opportunist, Raven ran back into the ring and planted the Laughing Man with the Even Flow DDT! He covered, and it looked as if we'd have a new Hardcore Champion, but the Laughing Maniac kicked out at two! A bit more brawling, and The No Laughing Matter later, The Laughing Man picked up another victory!

The Laughing Man p. Raven - (OR: 50%, CR: 34%, MQ: 67%, *1/2 Rating)

Raven lost 1 point of overness from this match.

The Laughing Man gained 2 points of overness from this match.

As he is handed the Hardcore title, the maniacal champion's eyes seem glazed over and he shares another gut busting cackle. Tommy Dreamer and Justin Credible were in route to the ring, but they changed their minds, walking straight to the back again! The Laughing Man rolls out of the ring as hype is shown for tonight's main event, Triple H defends the Undisputed Title against the NWO's Kevin Nash!

8 – INTERVIEW WITH THE EX

We are back with Stephanie McMahon in the interview area. The look on her face is priceless, so bitter that she looks like she’s been sucking on a lemon. With grated teeth, she brings the microphone up to her mouth.

Stephanie McMahon: Joining me at this time… My ex-husband Triple H!

*The camera pans back to reveal the WWF Undisputed champ. He looks incredibly smug.*

Triple H: That’s soon-to-be ex-husband, you really should’ve signed those papers earlier.

Stephanie McMahon: Look let’s just get on with this interview okay?

Triple H: Fine by me. [long pause] Well, go on then!

Stephanie McMahon: Ugh. What are your feelings going into this match tonight [confidently] knowing you’ll lose your title and become the property of my Dad?

Triple H: I see what you did there, that’s real funny… Fact is, I ain’t gonna lose tonight or any night coz I am the Game and I’m that damn good! Now I can see why Vince wants me on Raw and I’m real flattered, honestly, but… His methods are getting just a bit annoying. If he’s gonna hire someone to defeat me, at least let it be someone more challenging than Diesel! Nash’s abilities to be a real threat are about as fake as your---

Stephanie McMahon: [very quickly] Don’t mention my breasts!

Triple H: ---personality! I was gonna say breasts, but that would’ve been too easy… Like you are in general thinking about it! …Y’know it’s a damn good thing that you weren’t pregnant after all, because I didn’t fancy that one in fifty chance of being the father.

Stephanie McMahon: YOU SON-OF-A---!!!

*Stephanie goes to slap Triple H, but he blocks it. HHH’s face comes closer to Stephanie’s.*

Triple H: Y’know what that say? Life’s a bitch… You’d know, coz you are one!

*Hunter lets go of Stephanie and exits. Steph hangs around momentarily, before throwing her microphone to the floor and leaving in the opposite direction in a total hissy fit.*

Ex-husband is interviewed by ex-wife – 83% rating

9 - DUDE, WHERE'S THIS MATCH!?

Heading back into the arena, the team of Val Venis and Hardcore Holly were in progress of heading to the ring for what was scheduled to be a World Tag-Team Title Match between them and the Champions, Billy & Chuck. However, before the two even made it to the ring they were ambushed from behind by D-Von and Bubba Ray, The Dudley Boyz. Armed with chairs, the Dudley's unleashed a bitter form of punishment on the two veterans. Val and Hardcore tried to hold their own, but steel chairs and bodies don't mesh well together. With Holly and Venis lied out on the floor, D-Von and Bubba Ray hit the ring and grabbed a microphone.

Bubba Ray Dudley: How's that for your tag team title shot, boys!?

*The crowd cheers as Bubba paces back and fourth.*

Bubba Ray Dudley: Billy and Chuck, you girls can run but you sure as hell can't hide! Last week you may have cost us our number one contender status to Venis and Holly over there, but you sure as hell haven't won this war! So here's how it's gonna be ladies… Next week - a triple threat tag team match! Billy and Chuck versus those two guys over there trying to find their teeth, and us! For the Tag Team Titles!

"Temper, temper boys!"

*The voice belongs to none other than Rico, who appears on the Titan Tron alongside the Tag Team Champions Billy and Chuck.*

Billy: You know somethin' Dudley Boys, you guys were "blessed" with quick tempers and brute strength, but ya damn sure wasn't given much smarts, were yas? Next week, ya got yourselves that match, but after what the two of ya did just now - I reckon it's gonna be more like a four on two instead of a three way!

Bubba Ray Dudley: Hey, I know that's your forte and all but, don't be pitchin' a tent back there!

*Billy and Chuck look pissed, as Rico just smiles.*

Bubba Ray Dudley: Next week, all four of you learn once again the most important commandment of all; thou shall not mess with the Dudley Boyz!

D-Von Dudley: Oh my brotha.... TESSSSSSTIFFFFYYYYYYY!

*With that, The Dudley Boyz music sounds up, and it looks like we have ourselves a World Tag Team Title Match next week here on Monday Night Raw!*

Triple-Threat Tag Team Match for Next Week - 66% Rating

10 – NO DQ; WWF UNDISPUTED TITLE MATCH – TRIPLE H © VERSUS KEVIN NASH (W/THE NWO)

It’s main event time! Triple H, as expected, had a huge numbers game against him as his opponent Kevin Nash came out with Scott Hall and X-Pac. When the bell rang, Nash and Hunter circled each other. Before even a move was executed, Nash made the cue and Pac and Hall entered, instantly making this a 3 on 1 situation. Triple H didn’t back down though, more than happy to take all three men on. X-Pac ran forward only to receive a spinebuster on Triple H. The move was good enough distraction however for the The Outsiders to jump the champ from behind. They stomped down on him until there was suddenly a huge explosion! Nash and Hall turned to see Kane rushing down to the ring. Kane punched Big Sexy away before executing a chokeslam on Scott Hall. Afterwards, he dumped Hall at ringside to join his unconscious X-Pac. As Kane departed, the match was suddenly one versus one as Raw went to its final commercial break!

Back from the break, the match was in full force. Nash aimed a big boot at Triple H. Triple H ran beneath him to the ropes and did a flying forearm on the way back. Positioning the grounded Nash, he landed the knee to the face and pinned, only getting the two count. He got Kev onto his knees and punched away at his head mercilessly until blood came out. The referee (despite having no power in the situation), urged HHH away from doing the move. In the midst of the distraction, Nash was able to land the legal low blow. Nash rams an obviously stunned champion to the corner, shoulder barging the abdomen before choking him with the big boot. Offence in the corner continued with striking knees to the gut, followed by a measured-up elbow to the face. A sidewalk slam into a pin followed: ONE!!! TWO!!! THR—No!!! Nash couldn’t believe it. In disbelief momentarily, he turned his attention back to the champ, putting down the straps on his attire, ready for the Jackknife powerbomb. He picked up Triple H and wrenched him high in the air. Triple H however punched Nash repeatedly on the busted up area, causing the challenger to fall to the canvas. Triple H stood up and posed for the pedigree.

As he went to set up Nash, Vince McMahon stormed down to the ring, with a steel chair in hand. Triple H hadn’t noticed this, having his back turned. He hooked Nash’s arms off, and was ready to slam the head when SMASH!!! McMahon cracked the steel chair against Triple H’s back… To no effect!!! Triple H turned around, kicked Vince in the gut (so he dropped the chair) and executed the pedigree on the owner of Monday Night Raw!!!!! Triple H stared down at McMahon, little realizing Kevin Nash had stood up, grabbing the steel chair whilst doing so. HHH turned around and…… Kicked Nash in the gut before he could use the chair! Triple H stole the chair and cracked it over the nWo leader’s head! Kevin Nash stumbled around full circle before getting Pedigree’d! Triple H pinned: ONE!!! TWO!!! THREE!!!

Triple H def. Kevin Nash to retain the Undisputed Title – (OR: 65%, CR: 75%, MQ: 45%, * rating)

The WWF Undisputed title has lost image

Triple H retains the Undisputed Title for the fourth time in eight days! The crowd are ecstatic at the victory, cheering and jumping up and down in celebration as “The Game” by Motorhead blasted out into the arena. With the nWo and Vince McMahon laid out, only Triple H stands tall, holding up his Undisputed Championship with great pride.

11 – REVENGE

Triple H walks to the far turnbuckle, stands on the middle rope and poses. After a few more flash photography opportunities, Triple H begins to head for the backstage area. Walking up the rampway, back turned to the ring, he gets a surprise…

Voice: Cut the damn music!!!

*The speakers are killed. Triple H turns around to see Vince McMahon has awakened, albeit barely, sat up in the ring. He has a microphone in his hand.*

Vince McMahon: Triple H, you think you’re so clever over what you’ve done? Not only have you denied yourself a spot on the number one brand in sports entertainment, but you’ve also gone ‘n pedigreed me! What makes you think you have the right to do that, huh?!

*Triple H laughs.*

Vince McMahon: You may laugh now Triple H, but as they say: he who laughs last, laughs loudest… And I’m gonna be laughing when come Judgment Day, you FINALLY lose that WWF Undisputed Championship!

Triple H: [w/out mic] Oh really?

Vince McMahon: Triple H, thanks to you, you’ve made me resort to a match that even I don’t like, coz it’s the only way I can guaran-damn-tee you’ll lose… At Judgment Day, May 19th, for the Undisputed Title… It’ll be Triple H… Versus The Undertaker!!!

*The audience tries to pop but they get interrupted…*

Vince McMahon: Versus four other men---

*Huh?*

Vince McMahon: ---IN A SIX MAN HELL IN A CELL!!!!!!

*Triple H’s smile is wiped off his face. Off Vince McMahon’s evil look, Monday Night Raw immediately goes off the air!*

Quick Results:

- Jazz def. Molly Holly

- Eddie Guerrero def. Matt Hardy

- Hulk Hogan & Steve Austin def. X-Pac & Scott Hall (DQ)

- The Laughing Man def. Raven (Hardcore Title)

- Triple H def. Kevin Nash (Undisputed Title) (No DQ Match)

The Numbers:

Overall Show Rating: 72%, Television Rating: 7.05, Attendance: 8019

Edited by God-Awful