The Return Of A Warrior

Previously, we saw how people reacted to the return of The Ultimate Warrior at the Royal Rumble and how he responded to the fan boys criticisms.

Now, The Life & Death of The Ultimate Warrior continues.

Two Weeks After the Rumble

It was a mildly hot day; the temperature was nothing too severe but Mr. Warrior was sweating his socks off in his bright yellow suit as he sat outside Mr. McMahon’s office waiting for their all important meeting. If all went well today The Ultimate Warrior would be back in the WWE and entertaining the millions of fans around the world. Now when contract negotiations go ahead you usually have someone present to oversee the proceedings. Warrior wanted none of that; he wanted this to go ahead on his own terms and nothing else.
Edited by LBTN Killed Monkey?

I have to echo the replies of a lot of the other posters in this thread and say that this is indeed an interesting concept. Focussing in on some like the Warrior where it is generally accepted that absolutely anything can happen surrounding his behaviour and his beliefs adds many possible ways for you to take the story as it progresses.

However the interesting part of this idea could also be its downfall. This story seems like it is going to be very linear and very repetitive. Surely there are only so many times we can here some of the wrestlers bitch and moan about the Warrior's antics, while Cole says things doused in homoerotism. Maybe things will pick up a little upon the Warrior's full time return to the ring, however if the future matches follow in the footsteps of the briefly recapped Rumble, then I doubt they will provided the necessary relief from what could be become the tedious interludes.

The segment with the Warrior sorting out his contract left me feeling underwhelmed, I thought a lot more could have been achieved there. While we got to see a little bit of the Warrior, we didn't really see all that much. I highly doubt a contract meeting between those two men would last as short as it appears to have done given the characteristics of both men.

I'm looking forward to getting to what I'm hoping will be the meat of this diary, given that all we seem to have been given so far are some introductionary style posts.

Also, are you actually booking this on EWR or TEW? Will you be including the results of the matches into how you write up the matches themselves? Or have you already planned out what you want to happen where?

Good luck with the diary.

Thanks for the feedback. Firstly, I'll be booking a game in TEW 07 to run alongside this once a decent stat update is released. The game is not going to be gospel, it's just going to be used so I can keep track of things better. The full results of the shows won't be revealed but you should get a good idea of what's going on.

As for the updates so far I'm just working through what really is still pretty much an introduction. The quotes from various people will be ending pretty soon, well not ending, but they won't be appearing in every update. The next update planned doesn't have any. I think the one after does and then there's a pretty big gap. They should only occur once something out of the blue happens from now on.

As I've said before everything should start to pick up soon. I mean it's not much fun at the moment because we've got what is pretty much a sane Ultimate Warrior and I'm just working through the beginning trying to get everything set up. Once he starts to slowly start cracking up (which should be happening sometime between now and the first Wrestlemania) the diary should pick up.

The meeting before, the main bulk would have been made up of them going over the terms and obviously I didn't really want to include that bit now as it gives away what's going to be happening in future updates.

Believe me, I've got some seriously ambitious stuff planned for this diary that should shock and amuse you. Plus, everythings going to be worth it once the main payoff comes with the ending which I and Ollie (the only other person who knows how this is going to play out) both agree is probably the greatest thing ever.

Once again, thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

I'm really enjoying this, moreso than any diary I've read in a long time. As has already been said plenty enough already, it's a really interesting concept, and you're presenting it in a way completely differently to any conventional diary, in that we already know the ending, but we're intrigued as to how you're getting there. So far I've been really impressed, and I'm definitely going to keep reading, just to see how you manage Warrior's career while he's in the WWE, because I can't imagine him fitting into the contemporary WWE at all, and I can't wait to see the gradual decline of his career and sanity, it's a fascinating concept.

That said, I really hope that natural yoghurt is a recurring theme in this diary.

I can only congratulate your criativity and writting. I'm really looking forward to see the developments in this diary. Actually, the idea of following a single Superstar during his career its a concept we don't see too much but this should be one heck of a story.

Keep it up and you just got yourself a reader here! ;)

I'm not going to be one to criticize your diary, I'd rather just continue to read and enjoy what you are giving us. I'm very intrested to see where this diary goes and how you are going to book the Warrior's return and eventually, his death. I'm also enjoying the comedic side of things, such as the yoghurt skit.

Just keep up the good work, I'll be reading.

Loving this so far. I really wasn't sure what to expect given the title, but I like that it's got a fixed beginning and end. The real challenge will be providing it with a middle that will keep people interested. Damn you, you've made me want to hire Ultimate Warrior for my current game :lol:

Out of curiosity, will you provide us with details of all of the shows? Or just Warrior details?

- Loved the Warrior rant, it was pretty much like the shit he pulls.

- Really enjoying the way the spoken parts are going, DVD wise...just with the quotes and all. Feels like a real transcript of one of the WWE produced DVD's.

- Warrior is being portrayed to be a little bit desperate, while...I believe he may be in some cases, the way he was acting with Vince was a little much considering he'd probably try and throw up a front or something.

- Michael Cole...Warrior's new gay partner? It's looking that way :shifty:

Those are just a few of the points I noticed when reading the last two updates. I'm still really loving all of this, it's probably my favorite diary going right now. I can't wait to see some more. Especially since this appearings it's going to really get going with shows and whatnot, the official return has begun!

Previously, we saw how the brunt of the Vince McMahon and The Ultimate Warrior meeting went.

26th February – Live RAW Taping

Warrior arrived at the live RAW tapings in Fresno twenty minutes late. His excuse of ‘I needed to find some fresh natural yoghurt’ fell on deaf ears, seeing as he had a fresh supply waiting for him there. Warrior had seemingly forgotten about this part of his deal and was quite ecstatic when he found out. He insisted on eating two bowlfuls before he went over any plans for the night.

Once he’d finished his two bowlfuls of natural yoghurt with freshly squeezed lemon in it he met with the writers Brian Gerwitz and Tom Chehak as well as producer Tony Garea who would be overseeing his actions that night.

Nice update. I think you are pushing this yoghurt thing a little too much, but it's still pretty funny. I really liked the meeting between Warrior and the staff, and his return was good as well. I think Warrior was right in the meeting when he said that he should go on top. I think it would be weak for his character if Master's beat him up.

Previously, we saw The Ultimate Warrior make his triumphant return to WWE RAW.

Warrior walked through the curtains and into the Gorilla position breathing heavily, he was out of breath and out of shape. A month or so earlier he’d been in great shape and got through the Rumble no problem. Now it seemed he couldn’t go five minutes without blowing up. Warrior fell back into a chair and was congratulated by a couple of people for doing a decent job out there. He was then approached by Vince McMahon.

• 3 weeks later...