The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

Guest starsaligned916

The Red Sox, starting top prospect Clay Buchholz, currently hold a 6-1 lead over the Angels. Clay's given a solid outing, walking a few all awhile displaying a 92-94 mph fastball and nasty changeup. With a win, the Red Sox would take a six game lead over the Yankees, expanding the largest division lead in the Majors. The Red Sox will put out Josh Beckett against Ervin Santana in game two of the day-night doubleheader.

The Red Sox planned on bringing up Jacoby Ellsbury following this game, but a hamstring strain to backup catcher Doug Mirabelli may change those plans. Ultimately, the Red Sox plan on bringing up Bobby Kielty tomorrow after having traded Wily Mo Pena to the Washington Nationals for cash considerations and a player to be named later.

Edited by starsaligned916

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellsbury started in LF in Game 2. Buchholz had a pretty good debut, nice to see the kid win in his first start. The rooks are taking over.

And for the love of God, someone please figure out what the fuck is going on with Eric fucking Gagne. Jesus tapdancing Christ this isn't funny anymore. 7 app, 6 IP, 10 R, 3 blown saves

Guest starsaligned916

Gagne can't handle the pressure of pitching meaningful games. The Dodgers were never legit contenders, and neither were the Rangers. It won't be the first time a guy up and died figuratively in Boston or NY.

But the Dodgers were not legit threats for the World Series. They could hardly get to Gagne. That's all in the past now. As far as Gagne, people will say it's Boston and what not but he was falling apart in Texas in his last few appearences there before the trade.

Guest starsaligned916

Who here think Barry Bonds is going to retire after this year, now that he has the home run record?

He's already said he wants to play at least one more season. I think he even said two more, but the Giants aren't expected to re-sign him.

Edited by starsaligned916

I was watching this Baltimore-Texas game online and everytime I thought "in play (runs)" was going to translate to a sac fly or something of that sort, nope it was a homer. Pure hilarity. 4 touchdowns and a safety. By the way, Paul Shuey's MLB.com photo makes him look like a bus driver/child molester.

I was watching this Baltimore-Texas game online and everytime I thought "in play (runs)" was going to translate to a sac fly or something of that sort, nope it was a homer. Pure hilarity. 4 touchdowns and a safety. By the way, Paul Shuey's MLB.com photo makes him look like a bus driver/child molester.