The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

It's the most runs scored in the modern era. In 1892 or something, someone scored 36 runs in a game. But back then, it never really makes sense.

Since 1900, only two teams put up 29 runs in a game. One was the Red Sox in 1950, the other was 1955 ... the Tigers maybe? I forgot what they said on SportsCenter now.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mets come back from 6-1 down with a 6 run 6th. :)

Fagner blows the save and gives up the lead in the 9th with 0-2 hit after 0-2 hit :angry:

The Mets come back on Hoffman and tie it again :)

Heilman promptly gives up a HR in the 10th :angry:

This bullpen is atrocious.

Well I was Toronto when the moment I've waited my entire life as an Oriole fan happened. WE MADE THE NATIONAL NEWS!! I don't care for what reasons, we did it, we finally reminded people we existed.

Always gotta look on the bright side. My friend was telling me that every time the O's got an out they got a standing ovation from the fans.

And Lowerdeck is right, many Oriole fans lost hope a long time ago. You still see a ton of people wearing O's merchandise around the city, but nobody goes to the games sans Friday nights (student nights). And those nights it's just a bunch of drunk and high people in the upper deck chanting "Fuck the Yankees".

Guest starsaligned916

Seems like the difference in schedule is finally starting to show as the Red Sox were busy beating up on the White Sox while the Yankees toiled against the Tigers. 6.5 games on August 25th, I'm almost satisfied.

Almost.

Seems like the difference in schedule is finally starting to show as the Red Sox were busy beating up on the White Sox while the Yankees toiled against the Tigers. 6.5 games on August 25th, I'm almost satisfied.

Almost.

We knew this would happen. They hit a speedbump and we now play the cupcakes.

I say, we have to win the remaining series against them to really be comfortable. If we blow an 8 game lead heading into September ... this sport is probably rigged and I'd be incredibly tempted to never watch it again.

The thing is, both teams primarily play the AL East. Both the Yanks and the Sox play at least two more series against each other, the Blue Jays, Orioles, and Devil Rays. The difference is, the Sox end the season at home with 2 against Oakland and 4 against Minnesota. The Yanks only non-East games are 3 home vs. Seattle and 3 away at Kansas City.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Guest starsaligned916

Tomorrow being an off-day is a nice benefit for the Sox as well. They will have Dice-K, Beckett, and Schilling going against the Yankees. The Yankees play one more tomorrow before flying into Boston.

Is there any team out there willing to part with a bucket of balls or some rolls of duct tape? We'll gladly give you Aaron Heilman in return.

EDIT: We'll toss in Guillermo Mota as well. These guys fucking suck.

Edited by naiwf

Fagner blows yet another save. This time a 10-8 lead wasn't good enough for him. I hate this team.

EDIT: The Phillies win it 11-10 and sweep a 4 game series against the piece of shit Mets who have now lost 5 games worth of their 7 game lead since Sunday. After coming back from 5-0 down and 8-5 down that asshole Wagner gives up the game, and after they get swept in Atlanta they'll be in second place.

Edited by naiwf