The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dodgers are officially dead in my eyes so its back to the races that matter. I think Red Sox fans are officially sitting on the panic button and at least for one day Mets fans have been taken off suicide watch. The NL Central Race is going to come down to the wire, but I really think Chicago is going to take it now that Sheets could be on the shelf. And as for the Wild Card, I hate San Diego so...go Phillies and Matt Capps go sleep in a gutter you bum.

I think Red Sox fans are officially sitting on the panic button and at least for one day Mets fans have been taken off suicide watch.

We're not just sitting on it. We're like, going postal on it. There might be a line on some bridges in town to get ready to jump off. This is unreal, to be blowing a huge lead on them. On Aug. 27th they were 8 games back. Back around Memorial Day we were up 14.5 games on them.

EDIT: The Yanks were 43-43 at the ASB. Now they're 88-64. 45-21, good for a .681 W%. On the reverse, Boston was 53-34 at the ASB. Now we're 90-63. 37-29, still over above water but on a .561 W%

Edited by Lowerdeck

Fuck The Mets. I almost hope they don't make the playoffs just so Willie can get fired during the offseason and they can send the rest of the bullpen to hell with him. That's the 5th game they've lost in the last week or so with a 2 or 4 run lead. Three of which took place to the fucking Nats and Fish. The Nats and Fish who are 20 games out and playing out the string. Disgusting.

Any possible way that Atlanta Catches the Mets if they win the rest of their games and the mets blow the rest of theirs?

Philly catches the Mets before Atlanta would, so it would take both teams going on a three-to-five game losing streak with Atlanta ripping off a similar winning streak. The NL Wild Card likely won't come out of the East, so it'll be the team that wins the division that gets into the postseason. Which, unfortunately, looks like either the Mets or Phils.

Edited by ____

Milton Bradley out for the rest of the season after tearing his ACL when manager Bud Black buckled his knee restraining him during an argument with the first base umpire. Just another hilarious story in the saga of Milton Bradley. From what I've heard and read though, the first base ump was egging him on really badly, even the Padres first base coach said as much. Bradley had been performing real well for San Diego and this takes a chunk out of a meager offense. I hope this keeps San Diego out of the playoffs because well, I don't like them.

quartz11-morabeatsyanks.jpg

Melvin Mora = honorary Red Sox for the rest of the year...

Thanks also to Mariano Rivera, Edwar Ramirez, Tike Redman, Jay Payton, and anyone else involved in the Yankees finally coughing up the streak of division titles.

Division champs. Love that dirty water. :D

Edited by Lowerdeck

YEAH!!! The Orioles finally do something good!

The NL's become a bit less crazy right now, unfortunately. I know everyone around here is biting their nails about tomorrow with the Phillies needing a win to stay alive. Hopefully Colorado can win tonight though. I want at least 2-days of tiebreakers!

So much for the usual "Completely Useless By September" line...

Anyway, Red Sox have finally caught on again. We have a legit shot of beating Anaheim, things are looking good.

Jonathan Papelbon is frickin crazy. Anyone see some the stuff he was doing last night? Like crazy dancing in the infield in his underwear?

Here's to the Phillies, Mets, and Rockies winning and the Padres losing leading to two days of tie-breaker games. That would only build more intrigue for what are shaping up to be a very competitive and intriguing playoffs. Maybe this is the Cubbies year...finally.