What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The two seasons of Childrens Hospital that is currently available on Netflix. Wonderful!

Yeah. I've been watching it too. Almost done. It took me a while to fully get into it. As a web series it was kinda messy, but season 2 is really great so far.

I just watched half of The Comedy - not because I wanted to stop but because my girlfriend came home from work and would hang me from the rafters if she knew I was enjoying something that invovled Tim Heidecker. :shifty:

But yes. What to say about it.. I keep wanting to believe that him and Eric are hidden geniuses. And by all means, I should hate what I just watched.. but for some reason that I can't explain, I don't. I can't wait to finish it actually.

Caught maybe 2/3 of The Naked Spur. James Stewart in westerns will always be strange to me. I've really only seen him in westerns but I imagine he mostly does other movies as he's completely swaggerless, can't see westerns being his forte. Not saying he's a bad actor but it's just weird. Like Leonard Nimoy playing anybody but Spock.

Good film, though. Not among my favorites but definitely good fun.

watching The Devils Carnival...its an odd musical/horror movie. Based off some of Aesop's fables. Its interesting though

Caught maybe 2/3 of The Naked Spur. James Stewart in westerns will always be strange to me. I've really only seen him in westerns but I imagine he mostly does other movies as he's completely swaggerless, can't see westerns being his forte. Not saying he's a bad actor but it's just weird. Like Leonard Nimoy playing anybody but Spock.

Good film, though. Not among my favorites but definitely good fun.

Go watch some Hitchcock films.

This.

And also watch Harvey.

See, now I'm inclined to spend tomorrow re-watching the contents of my Jimmy Stewart DVD boxset back-to-back (Harvey, Rear Window, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life).

Today I watched Justified for the first time. 15 minutes into Episode One I had already decided I had to make radical changes in my life in order to be as similar to Raylen Givens as possible, and that feeling only strengthens the more I watch.

The Place Beyond the Pines is a really well made movie. The three act structure did catch me off guard, so letting everyone know in advance. Ryan Gosling was fucking excellent, easily his best performance in my eyes.

Edited by HeadCheese

Faaaar too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my son. But when he napped I tried to conquer How I Met Your Mother from the premiere and got bored a little too quick.

I too just started watching Justified after finding out you can stream the show for free on Amazon if you're signed up for Amazon Prime. I'm almost done the first season and am wondering how a cowboy hat and cowboy boots would fly in New England

One of my favorites lately. I burned through the first four seasons in days with the wife. I didn't complain because the badassery of Timothy Olyphant. She didn't complain about the sexiness of Timothy Olyphant.

The Place Beyond the Pines is a really well made movie. The three act structure did catch me off guard, so letting everyone know in advance. Ryan Gosling was fucking excellent, easily his best performance in my eyes.

I've never heard of this one but I'll have to check it out. I'm trying to convince the sister in law that Gosling is more than just his looks. She's only seen some lesser films like The Notebook and Fracture.
I want to show her Lars and the Real Girl because he made me forget it was a fucking doll with his amazingness but she's 14 so.... that may be too soon.
Edited by andPartwayBack

I've probably watched all three Toy Story movies a hundred fucking times in the last few weeks thanks to my oldest sons new obsession with them. I love the Toy Story movies so it's not an awful thing for him to be obsessed with, but holy shit, it's all he wants to watch these days.

Then last night when the wife was out and the kids went to bed I watched Totall Recall. The Arnold version, not that lame ass remake that they just did. I'm on the fence, is Total Recall my favorite Arnold movie? I don't know, it's pretty fucking amazing, better than I remember it from when I was a kid. Action movies just are not this fucking cool anymore, nothing like Arnold saying "Sue me dickhead" to the upper torso of a robotic cab driver after it tells him the price of cab fare.

Faaaar too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my son. But when he napped I tried to conquer How I Met Your Mother from the premiere and got bored a little too quick.

I too just started watching Justified after finding out you can stream the show for free on Amazon if you're signed up for Amazon Prime. I'm almost done the first season and am wondering how a cowboy hat and cowboy boots would fly in New England

One of my favorites lately. I burned through the first four seasons in days with the wife. I didn't complain because the badassery of Timothy Olyphant. She didn't complain about the sexiness of Timothy Olyphant.

>

I've never heard of this one but I'll have to check it out. I'm trying to convince the sister in law that Gosling is more than just his looks. She's only seen some lesser films like The Notebook and Fracture.
I want to show her Lars and the Real Girl because he made me forget it was a fucking doll with his amazingness but she's 14 so.... that may be too soon.

Did you just call The Notebook a lesser movie?? :angry: