What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Hopefully going to see Kick-Ass 2, tomorrow. Jeremy Jahns had some good things to say, so that pretty much made up my mind. Also, Chloë Grace is fantastic...and 18 in two years :pervert:

Mortal Kombat

Why do I still keep getting hyped by that song?

I had the displeasure of seeing Annihilation for the first time today. Not quite as fun.

• Like 2

Still an awesome song, though.

So, trying to finish up my DC Original Animated Movies list with Wonder Woman today. She's such an awesome character, but this movie could have been done so much better :( Only awesome parts were her and Steve Trevor, and Hades being Hades.

I watched The Flashpoint Paradox the other day, though. Y'all should watch that. It's fucking awesome.

Just finally finished our Prison Break box set and...

(Show ruining spoilers)

...they should have a rule were long running shows cant kill off the main character. Shes only just finished crying. That said, it was well done and I'm just relieved they kept Mahone alive. One of my favourite ever characters on any show. I didnt care much for The Final Break though.

We cant decide what to watch next though. She says Heroes. I say Sopranos...

Edited by ZJ Penn

Saw 2 Guns and perhaps Richard Curtis' last film About Time today. I liked them both. 2 Guns had Denzel Washington oozing cool and and the good bits of Mark Wahlberg doing comedy.

About Time was really good, considering I wasnt that fussed about it going in. It's obviously not aimed at me, but the two hours flew by and I was pretty invested in it.

Just finally finished our Prison Break box set and...

(Show ruining spoilers)

...they should have a rule were long running shows cant kill off the main character. Shes only just finished crying. That said, it was well done and I'm just relieved they kept Mahone alive. One of my favourite ever characters on any show. I didnt care much for The Final Break though.

We cant decide what to watch next though. She says Heroes. I say Sopranos...

I watched Prison Break all at once, too! Such a fun show.

Mahone was cool as fuck, but he got less cool as he got less confident. Good character progression, though, just a shame he stopped being such a badass. But oh man, how fucking boring was the outside of prison stuff in the first season?

Also: motherfucking T-Bag. So awesome.

I'll warn you now, outside of one or two bright spots, Heroes is dire past the first half of the second season.

Saw the Lone Ranger yesterday. Usually I'm pretty lenient with stuff and will say most things were okay, but this just felt so long and bloated. The massive action sequence in the final act with the Lone Ranger theme playing in the background went someway to saving it, but you have to wait through a lot to get to it.

I'm so far past Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow schtick that it'd have been nice to see someone else playing Tonto.

Saw the Lone Ranger yesterday. Usually I'm pretty lenient with stuff and will say most things were okay, but this just felt so long and bloated. The massive action sequence in the final act with the Lone Ranger theme playing in the background went someway to saving it, but you have to wait through a lot to get to it.

I'm so far past Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow schtick that it'd have been nice to see someone else playing Tonto.

This, so hard. It's like he figured out people liked the voice and said "Well, no need to try ever again!"

Faust -- the cinematography was really interesting, especially as I'm not well-versed in movies from the twenties (much less German movies from the 20s). However, the love story felt so tacked on, though this might be because I'm completely unfamiliar with the source text and have instead only read Marlowe.

Godzilla vs Monster Zero -- I should have just watched Kaiju Big Battel, that's what I really wanted I think.

I saw Jobs. Ummmm It wasn't terrible? It felt way too long even though it was only two hours, Ashton Kutcher is still not a great actor, and a lot of the dialogue was just... bad. There was so much masturbatory and expository dialogue that it made me cringe. However, it did paint a pretty clear picture of who Jobs was, so I guess it gets points for that?

Whatever, the best thing was seeing Colt from Justified in it.