What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The new Gatsby movie is terrible, so goddamn terrible. Too much focus on being politically correct and "modern" and actual story content is replaced with shiny colors and confetti. Don't even get me started on that bastard of a soundtrack. Just awful.

• Like 1

Killer Joe.

I feel like Matthew McConaughey was born to play sleazy creeps. I used to think dude was a straight-up bad actor, but goddamn, he's been on a roll recently.

• Like 1

I liked the movie quite a bit. Brutal. But yeah, it's mostly amazing for McConaughey for sure. But it's always nice to see Billy Friedkin making decent films again.

Also, Frankenstein (1931) is excellent, contains one of the most tragic scenes I've seen in cinema, and it's extremely well done for the time.

So I decided to watch The Princess Bride for the first time, because it's one of the big classic films that I never caught and Andre The Giant is lovely and oh man this film guys. This film was wonderful. I give it 60 thumbs up.

• Like 3

Nosferatu. The atmosphere in this movie is just chilling. Vampires with skinny legs are just plain scary. Shadows are scary. Any horror/film fans need to watch this timeless classic.

Yesterday I've watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), it turns out that I started my Horror month perfect with these two classics. I had 31 films lined up, I might watch more horror films.

Saw 'Now You See Me' yesterday. Absolutely loved it. My girl is typically the barometer for if a swerve works or seems forced. Since she didn't see the swerve coming, I'd say it worked :D