What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Captain Phillips was pretty good. It was pretty tense and Tom Hanks was just phenomenal. He was amazing in the end, particularly.

Gravity was WONDERFUL. Really intense and just so well-done.

I'm watching Beavis and Butt-head Do America--one of the most underrated movies ever.

It features this joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XCZfkGF8k

It is my favorite movie joke ever probably.

The only two things I don't like in that movie are that the intro's joke of being a Shaft ripoff isn't as funny in hindsight and the cover of "Love Roller Coaster." That's it. The rest rules.

Watched four British films today to correspond with one of my Contemporary British Cinema unit (loosely anyway, I'm giving it about 20 years). Boy A & Brassed Off were both very, very good. Andrew Garfield and Pete Postlethwaite were fantastic, respectively.

But Ratcatcher & Eden Lake didn't really do it for me. Has anyone seen Ratcatcher? If so, I'm interested in what they thought of it because it was very critically lauded, and while the directing and cinematography were both pretty wonderful, I was just kind of disinterested and bored. And Eden Lake's awful characterisation pretty much killed anything I could've got out of that film.