What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched Filth and You're Next on Netflix to fill my afternoon/early evening. Filth was good, seriously weird though. James McAvoy is wonderful in it.

You're Next was alright as far as horrors go, in my opinion anyway. First twenty odd minutes weren't half boring mind. Once it gets started, it's a lot more interesting. I felt the end twist got a little predictable as the film went on though.

Everyone should watch Turtles Forever :wub::wub::wub::wub:

That movie is stupidly awesome, and dare I say, the best Ninja Turtles movie (yes, even better than the original TMNT because it kindddddddaaaaaa didn't age well).

Is that the one where they cross over three different Turtles timelines? I liked the idea but hated the portrayal of the 87 Turtles. Yes they were jokers, but they were also bad asses, and it just made them look like clowns that could be cowardly.

Just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not even remotely hyperbolic by saying it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm just struggling to think of a movie I've seen that I've enjoyed more from start to finish as this.

Even better news is by waiting three years to see it, there's a sequel available to watch right now, which got even better reviews and another on the way in 2016! :w00t:

Watched Java Heat. Pretty good movie about an AWOL Marine teaming up with a local cop in Indonesia to take down a crime lord played by Mickey Rourke. There's apparently an in-joke where a woman in a market tries to sell the main character a Twilight DVD.....because the actor was in the Twilight movies.

A Touch of Cloth. Wonderful as always. It's Airplane applied to a British cop show rather than a disaster movie, written by Charlie Brooker and starring a big list of my favourite people. Julian Rhind-Tutt, Brian and Kurt from Teachers, Amy Pond. :wub:

Watched the 1957 classic 12 Angry Men on Netflix Instant. Amazing piece of cinema, and I was surprised how engrossed I was in a film that only took place in about 2 rooms but a bit of a misleading title. Going in blind I was expecting something more along the lines of the 1993 classic, Grumpy Old Men.

Not really, I think it's a perfect title! Also an amazing film, I loved 12 Angry Men.

Finally got to watch some movies! Started with Magic Mike, which is super good, then Larz recommended the Evil Dead trilogy, and my goodness, that's some weird shit. I liked it, though, but it's still weird as hell. Then I decided to watch something a little more sane, so rewatched Pacific Rim. It's still amazing, what a fantastic movie.

I only saw one man angry from start to finish. The rest were a bit irritated.

Today I tried watching the (1993) original, Leprechaun for some nostalgia. I didn't expect to be as scared as I was when seeing it as a child, but man, I just could not finish it. Young Jennifer Anniston was super cute though.

Instead I watched Annie Hall which I was surprised to also find on Netflix Instant Watch. Through much of it I had the sense it was kind of a directionless series of events, but by the end I think it wrapped up well and overall was an enjoyable watch. So many movies I've seen have been paying homage to Annie Hall and I never knew.

Eurgh, I didn't particularly like Annie Hall. Then again, I'm not really a big fan of Woody Allen's, actor or director. As an actor especially, he talks way too much in way too little a time, always rushing in words and making it so that you're trying to remember what he said at the start of the sentence to understand what he's saying. Diane Keaton was great, though.