What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Watched Let's Be Cops last night. Pretty entertaining for the most part. Thought some of the racial elements were played out, though, and the chemistry between Wayans, Jr. and Jake Johnson was kind of wasted. As for people in the movie, I've gotta say that I never expected

Keegan Michael Key, Jon Lajoie and Luther Reigns to be in a movie together.

Edited by Tyrone

So The Judge is okay. It had its moments, but could've been better.The cast is obviously fantastic and it's beautifully shot but the story itself kind of beats you over the head with the emotional aspect and it is pretty cliched.

Watched 2 Fast 2 Furious today. Saw the original years ago and liked it, despite my dislike for street racing and the culture that comes with it, and this one does just as good a job of making it accessible by not really addressing it and making it the backdrop to the actual story.

It's by the numbers stuff, but it all works and the cast does a good job of making it all come together.

The Judge

Saw this tonight because I had a free pass for it. Enjoyed it. It's a little long, but Downey is great in it but Robert Duvall steals the entire show. He's still amazing even at his age. It's a tear jerker and they could have easily cut some of the scenes to shorten it, but I still enjoyed it. I wouldn't advise anyone to pay money to see it in theaters but it's a good rental.

The Wolverine was good. Standard X-Men stuff with something a bit different mixed in and it worked. Did a good service to the comics and even though some parts were ridiculous (seriously, the guys who weren't Wolverine having little to no trouble being on top of a 300mph bullet train - the fuck?) it was a good popcorn flick and waaaaaay better than the first Wolverine film... not that that'd be hard.

My personal ranking probably goes Kings of Summer > Spectacular Now > The Way, Way Back, but it's not really a shot at any of them, because they're all wonderful.

I think I liked the overall story of Kings best, whilst Spectacular Now had some fantastic acting from Teller. The Way, Way Back killed it on supporting cast though.