What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I'll put it out there - Godfather really hasn't aged that well. I kind of think the genre has been done a lot better since then.

o_O

I'm not taking anything away from the film, I just think the genre has produced more interesting films since then.

Kick-Ass 2 was great, it's use of Chris and Hit-Girl's stories parralel was well done, and everyone was wonderful. The Motherfucker actor who I can never remember the name of was great, but Chloë Grace Moretz steals it again as the best character/actor.

Also I'm totally stealing the Mother Russia gimmick for a diary :shifty:

• Like 1

So basically 5 movies are better than the million of other ones?

... Yes. John Cazale is hands down my favorite actor, and it's just life's cruelty that he never got to show the world that he deserves to be among the greatest before his untimely death, but he stole the show in every scene he was in, and he was with some fucking heavy duty actors in almost all those scenes.

John Tucker Must Die was okay, it wasn't anything particularly different from usual teen/romance stuff, but it had some funny parts and it was well made.

I once saw it analyzed as Cinderella (the studious one - works hard, etc.), Sleeping Beauty (the vegan, because, well...), and Snow White (the cheerleader, gets by on looks) finding out that Prince Charming was dating all of them, roping Belle (outcast girl) into a revenge plot, and Belle falling for Prince Charming's brother, The Beast, instead. Fun, right?

Charade (1963) [Amazon Prime] was good fun. Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn are of course both eminently watchable, and there is enough uncertainty about who's lying (hint: everyone) about what (hint: nearly everything) to keep it interesting until the end.

The only bit that irks me slightly is how quickly she's all OH I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU after simply hanging around with him for a day or so. But that seems to happen almost all the time in these older films so I just have to get used to it...