What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Rocketeer is on Netflix. You guys should be watching it. It is hilarious and ridiculous. There's a scene where the protagonists are surrounded by mobsters, who are then surrounded by Nazis, who are then surrounded by the FBI in some kind of wacky matryoshka doll of ambushes.

• Like 3

The Rocketeer is absolute gold. Out of all those whacky superhero movies that came out in the 90's, that's probably my favourite. It's so bloody fantastic and so in the vein of current Marvel-quality, where it knows not to take itself too seriously.

It was good, right? I don't know if it was because I was hungry at the time, though :P

Oh no it's very good. I hope Favreau does more work outside of the studio system if it means more movies like that. The allegory for his directing career worked a lot better than I thought it would when I first heard about the movie too.

I've been watching The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. since I just watched Evil Dead II and wanted to see some Bruce Campbell stuff. It's pretty entertaining and well written with a nice mix of comedy and action. Western setting is a good fit for Campbell as well, you can tell he likes the character he's playing.

I should watch The Rocketeer though. I remember loving it as a kid.

Fury were good. Two things stuck out the most for me from it:

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

And that guy in the tank formation catching fire and then shooting himself in the head to avoid burning to death. That was kind of brutal. Actually, so was the the entire last act with the Fury crew's last stand against an SS Battalion.

Three Kings (1999) [sky Movies On Demand] is a very good little movie.

I'm on a bit of a run of good quality at the moment, having watched Gangs Of New York and When Harry Met Sally and such. I'm almost tempted to watch something like The Pacifier next just to take the piss. :shifty:

• Like 2