What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Finally watched Black Swan last night. Amazing is the only word I can use to describe it. An easy 10/10.

An Always Sunny Christmas, I just finished and I still crack up at Frank hiding in the couch. If you like the show then you'll love this, then again if you like the show you've probably already seen it.

I saw Insidious yesterday and it was great for a modern horror film. It had a tight plot (it's built from the very beginning of the film and it doesn't seem like they made it up as they went along as they saw fit) and they made the characters likable. I would recommend this to anyone that is a horror fan. 8.5/10

Let Me In is fucking brilliant.

It has the young actress who plays hit-girl in Kick Ass, and she plays her part so well.

The only other thing I watch involving vampires is True Blood (I haven't seen Twilight yet) and this is a slightly different take on it. It's quite slow, but still awesome.

Just watched Memento for the first time (I know, criminal, huh?). Good film. Not the mind altering experience I was told to expect, like Fight Club, but a good piece of cinema that cleverly uses the structure of it's narrative to tell a fun story.

Almost Famous - 9/10. Awesome film! The last hour or so really brings it home. Good stuff. I tend to spaff all over this kind of coming of age manic pixie dream girl shit though.

The Boat That Rocked/Pirate Radio - 7/10. I bought this cus it was on offer for like £3 and I enjoyed it in the cinema. It's a good film with some nice little mini stories between the characters, but nothing too amazing and it drags like a bitch.

Source Code - 7/10 - alright.

Scream 4

It's 1996 all over again! It's not scary, but holy hell is it fun. Absolutely perfect time to bring the franchise back to lampoon modern horror clichés and they do it pretty damn well. The whole movie is fan service and "wink wink, nudge nudge" stuff, so if Scream was a staple of your teenage years like mine, you'll enjoy it.

Saw the original Tron for the first time last night as i got it with Tron: Legacy, got to say that the visuals were pretty impressive for a film that's made almost 30 years ago, didn't really care much of the story but ok film. 7.5/10. Going to watch Legacy sometime soon as well, also finally got The Town on DVD and can't wait to see it as i've heard nothing but good things about it.

Edited by The Sandman