What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

X-Men was fabulous.

And Tkz, no worries, I LOVED Daredevil. I really really loved the director's cut where we had a bit of lawyering going on too. For everyone who hates that movie I always tell them to seek out that version as it was much better.

I made sure to buy that version on DVD when I finally got around the getting it! But then to be honest, I love it for Michael Clark Duncan's Kingpin and Colin Farells Bullseye. Wonderful stuff.

Really? I'm not sure I get what the issue is in that movie. It seems like it could be resolved easily enough considering the city outnumbers the apes and a mass ape murdering spree will put an end to it.

The trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes aired for the first time here tonight. Looks like a genuinely awesome film. Not out until August 12th though.

Trailers been airing at the cinemas for a few months. The most recent trailer looked half decent.

Saw Blue Valentine finally today, absolutely fantastic film. Ryan Gosling was wonderful.

Really? I'm not sure I get what the issue is in that movie. It seems like it could be resolved easily enough considering the city outnumbers the apes and a mass ape murdering spree will put an end to it.

My problem with it is that... well, that's just not what I understood to be what happened from Planet of the Apes. I always figured the Apes were essentially evolution happening all over again except this time instead of looking like us, we looked more like Apes. Otherwise why wouldn't all of the apes know about the humans and not just Dr. Zayas who seemed to know because of his research into it.

The whole thing just seems like a crappy idea to me. Why do you even need a prequel? Who wants a prequel? Why is James Franco being cast as a scientist? None of it makes sense!

My problem with it is that... well, that's just not what I understood to be what happened from Planet of the Apes. I always figured the Apes were essentially evolution happening all over again except this time instead of looking like us, we looked more like Apes. Otherwise why wouldn't all of the apes know about the humans and not just Dr. Zayas who seemed to know because of his research into it.

The whole thing just seems like a crappy idea to me. Why do you even need a prequel?

Think of it as more of a soft reboot.

Who wants a prequel?

Hollywood, so thay if this works well they can soft reboot the whole franchise and make money money money money money!

Why is James Franco being cast as a scientist?

At some point James Franco convinced the world he is the next Johnny Depp and can do any role ever. That and he is trying to break the Jude Law Record of being in the most movies ever within a short time frame.

None of it makes sense!

I think this was prophesied in the book of Revelations.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of Falling Skies - really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to the rest. I'm aware there's a thread, but much like shows like The Walking Dead, I'm bound to be waaaay behind.

Talking of Walking Dead, anyone know the start date of season 2 in the UK? FX aired a "Coming Soon" advert last night.

Can't really help with the UK, but here in the US it starts on Halloween again last I read about it. So I could only assume it'll start around the same time as last season started.

The first time I saw Sucker Punch I didn't really care for it, but then the more I watched it the more it grew on me. If anything it looked amazing and has one of my favorite sound tracks in a movie since Tron Legacy.

Horrible Bosses exceeded all of my expectations which were pretty high to begin with. Probably one of the funnest times I've had at a movie since First Class. Hilarious, great fun, original comedy, definitely worth checking out. Everybody was hilarious in their roles, even Jason Sudeikis who I never really find funny in any of his movies.

EDIT: Also, Priest was the worst movie I have seen in a long time.

Edited by hot rod

Guest BK2010

Just finished my Farscape marathon, and I must say I loved every second of it. All the characters were perfectly blended and the actors clearly loved playing the parts they did, I'm kinda sad I've watched them all now :/ I want more episodes!!!

Horrible Bosses exceeded all of my expectations which were pretty high to begin with. Probably one of the funnest times I've had at a movie since First Class. Hilarious, great fun, original comedy, definitely worth checking out. Everybody was hilarious in their roles, even Jason Sudeikis who I never really find funny in any of his movies.

Bad Teacher had more laugh out loud lines for me, but HB had a funnier story. The Throw Momma From The Train stuff had me in stitches because I misremembered it the exact way they did. :P

The Resident - Really good film with Hilary Swank who moves into a cheap New York apartment, only to be stalked by someone who has ways of getting into her room/spying on her.

Primal - Average horror. From this movie I learned that going into the water in Australia makes you grow razor sharp teeth and want to eat everyone.