What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Guest JukeboxHero

I watched The Big Lebowski for the first time in years the other night. Truly a must watch film if you somehow haven't seen it yet.

Your Highness. It was actually really quite fun. Stupid fun, but fun. I can see why it's not getting more than like a 6 rating anywhere, but really, it was pretty good for what it was. There were only some bits that made me laugh out loud, but I did enjoy pretty much all of it. Definitely give it a try if you're looking to switch your brain off for an hour or two.

I loved Your Highness, but I will admit I am 100% biased towards any Danny McBride movie that isn't called Land of the Lost. Justin Theroux was just hysterical every time he was on the screen.

Just got back from Cowboys & Aliens and enjoyed it a lot. Shame that I think it's going to be over looked quite a bit during this summer's big list of blockbusters. Definitely worth checking out.

Horrible Bosses - I think I found it funnier than the rest of the cinema did as I found myself laughing at points where other people wern't. I was excited for this because I love the people in it (Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston) and watching some of the people play against their type was just a treat to watch. I found it consistantly funny and not all the humour was big laugh out loud set pieces, I just found the chemistry between the actors really entertaining.

Holy shit, Battle Royale was... underwhelming. Death Note Guy being in it was cool, though. On to Battle Royale 2!

You're really gonna wish you didn't.

Went and saw Captain America last night! Was great!

I loved Your Highness, but I will admit I am 100% biased towards any Danny McBride movie that isn't called Land of the Lost. Justin Theroux was just hysterical every time he was on the screen.

Just got back from Cowboys & Aliens and enjoyed it a lot. Shame that I think it's going to be over looked quite a bit during this summer's big list of blockbusters. Definitely worth checking out.

I thought Theroux was the worst part of the film and his villain really dragged it down for me. I think he would have been a lot funnier if he'd been played straight but was just stupidly cheesy, instead of just being a massive joke.

Horrible Bosses - I think I found it funnier than the rest of the cinema did as I found myself laughing at points where other people wern't. I was excited for this because I love the people in it (Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston) and watching some of the people play against their type was just a treat to watch. I found it consistantly funny and not all the humour was big laugh out loud set pieces, I just found the chemistry between the actors really entertaining.

My favourite part was how out of that entire cast of A-Listers, Charlie Day was still the funniest person in it.

I saw the movie Going the Distance for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was alright, but Charlie Day was in it and he was the funniest out of the cast in that movie as well. Then again his only real competition would've been Jim Gaffigan. He really should be in more comedy movies considering how bad most comedies are now a days. And I was looking at his imdb page and apparently his next movie will be some alien apocalypse movie, don't know how well he'll do in that considering it's not a comedy as far as I know.

Captain America was a load of fun, really enjoyed it. I advise all EWB'ers to stay after the credits.

UGH! I wanted to stay - because I knew something was probably going to happen but my girlfriend rushed me out. What happened?

Captain America was a load of fun, really enjoyed it. I advise all EWB'ers to stay after the credits.

UGH! I wanted to stay - because I knew something was probably going to happen but my girlfriend rushed me out. What happened?

Trailer for The Avengers.

Mystic River - It was fucking good. I haven't watched a film in a while where I've really connected with the drama and emotion in the film. The three leads were excellent and I've become a real fan of Sean Penn after watching this & The Game. It's also the first film I've seen where Kevin Bacon really got to show off what he was capable of. Some bits are a little bit predictable but I really, really enjoyed this one.

Cowboys & Aliens - Meh! It's decent summer blockbuster fair, but it weren't terribly good. I had expected more given Jon Favreau's body of work.

Guest BK2010

Well I can't stand Harry Potter, never have (only went to see Philosopher's/Sorcerers stone because Zoe Wanamaker was in it) . But a few friends wanted to go and see the last one at the cinema so thought I'd go, and you know what? I loved every second of it except the end (was a bit naff) Dame Maggie Smith was bloody awesome in it, proper legend right there. Seeing as I enjoyed it so much, I might go and buy the whole boxset when it is released might enjoy the others afterall.