What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Just caught up on watching all 4 seasons of Mad Men. I can't believe it took me this long to get into this show. It's amazing. The only problem I could think of was that I got sick of some of the people's characters at certain points (e.g. Betty's continual childish-ness, Campbell's hate on everyone routine) but by the third season they began to ease off on them and they moderated the amount it happened. Also one other thing that bothered me was the constant shots of Peggy smiling, a person leaving a room, and then her looking sadly off into the distance. It just happened so often.

Other than that, amazing show and I can't believe it has to take a year off.

Really enjoyed La Haine. Vincent Cassell's really good in it and the film is an interesting study of French youth. It's not perfect but it's very entertaining.

Also just finished The Truman Show, which was fucking good. I have no idea why it's taken me this long to watch, but it really interesting and very unique. I really like Carrey doing serious - between this and Eternal Sunshine, he's put in some top notch performances.

I watched Breaking Dawn, yes.

I never, in my life, thought I'd say one of the most shocking moments I'd see in the cinema would be during that film.

The back-break.. it was one of the most shocking and grotesque things I've seen.. just crazy. Probably less so if you've read the books, but I haven't and it was like.. WOAH WHAT THE FUCK.

Eh, eitherway it was solid. They're decent films and are horribly shunned, but oh well I enjoyed it.

The Pearl Jam documentary Twenty. Really good. A nice documentary leading to their start with Mother Love Bone, Green River & Temple of the Dog, to the Ticketmaster stuff up until now. I also like that it was only in cinemas a month or two ago and it was shown on BBC 4, and was available on iPlayer too.

I watched Breaking Dawn, yes.

I never, in my life, thought I'd say one of the most shocking moments I'd see in the cinema would be during that film.

The back-break.. it was one of the most shocking and grotesque things I've seen.. just crazy. Probably less so if you've read the books, but I haven't and it was like.. WOAH WHAT THE FUCK.

Eh, eitherway it was solid. They're decent films and are horribly shunned, but oh well I enjoyed it.

I saw the second Twilight film (can't remember what it's called) because there was nothing on at the cinema and myself and friend were desperate to get out of the house. Anyway, I thought it was hilarious and really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'll probably see the new one at some point as well.

Had to sit throught Breaking Dawn with my wife; one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Although some of the acting is hilariously bad and thus some of it is entertaining for that reason.

Even my wife who is/was a big Twilight fan hated it and now doesn't even want to watch Part 2.

Immortals was fun enough. Didn't go in expecting a life-changing film, something more along the lines of GI Joe and that's what I got. The film looks stunning and some of the action is pretty sweet. If you go in with the mindset to just enjoy it, you'll be fine.

Finally saw Warrior. Great acting, great cinematography, etc ... it is a shame the plot wasn't that good and whoever wrote it gave birth to two of the most annoying characters this year, the commentators. Decent enough film all in all, but not as good as I was expecting.

If you a) like the Muppets and b) have a soul you will probably enjoy The Muppets. It's not mindblowingly good or anything and it has its flaws, but it's an enjoyable way to spend a couple hours.

Norwegian Wood.

Not even close to being as good as the book. It felt really rushed in my opinion, i know it's not going to have everything from the book, but still lots of stuff i enjoyed was missing. I would say it's still atleast a decent film, the book just happens to be one of my favourites. Also Reiko's character has maybe few lines in the whole movie, i felt that if i hadn't read the book in the end i could've possibly go just "who the hell is she?" even the end felt rushed to me, oh well. Maybe it would actually be better to someone who hasn't read it.

Edited by The Sandman

Lifes too short with Warick Davis. While it is funny Warick is doing all his comedy in the style of Ricky Gervais. Its Kind of grating after a while.

That said the bit where he went into the school to confront cyberslayer was pure comedy gold.

Edited by jocky

I watched Funny People last night for the first time in about a year, and man the first half of it is just excellent and the second half just drags, until the last scene really. The second half really hurt what otherwise would have been a really good movie. 50/50 was a lot better.

Oh, and Brick still kicks a lot of ass. Still one of my favorites.