What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

ANNNNNNDDDDD just finished the second half of the Battlestar mini series.

Man...this show is gonna be awesome.

Edit: Grrr....went to watch episode 1 and BAM! Turns out the files I downloaded have subtitles...that would drive me crazy.

Saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows today. Wasn't really anything amazing. Maybe I enjoyed the first one more because I hadn't seen the Moffat version yet but this one just showed how glaring bad this interpretation is. I also didn't like that they basically made Holmes a psychic more than just observant.

Edit: Grrr....went to watch episode 1 and BAM! Turns out the files I downloaded have subtitles...that would drive me crazy.

I think you can turn those off with VLC, depending on how they did it.

Eh, either way I ordered the box set....$115 off of Amazon for the entire series and shit. Over half off. Should be here Monday.

My girlfriend bought me a box of ten Batman animated DVDs. This lead to me going on an animated Batman kick and watching Batman: Under the Red Hood last night. While it's not as good as the 90s animated Batman series or the best of the movies that has produced that I have seen (so far) Mask of the Phantasm. It's pretty good, I hadn't even intended on watching it I just downloaded it and played it to see if it was good quality and it drew me right in.

Eh, either way I ordered the box set....$115 off of Amazon for the entire series and shit. Over half off. Should be here Monday.

Yessss. Keep an eye out for noted "greatest character of all time" Dr. Gaius Baltar. Although he is pretty polarizing, most either love him or hate him. Do you know if your box set comes with the two made for TV movies they did? I can't say missing "The Plan" would be too terrible, but "Razor" is one of the best things they did, and that's saying something.

Also, I saw Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol tonight. I'll be damned if that movie didn't keep me entertained for its entirety. Everyone in it was either pretty good or awesome, a bunch of really great action sequences, and Sawyer from LOST is in it! Anyone with any interest in seeing a very fun action flick should check it out in theaters.

Edited by Apollo

My girlfriend bought me a box of ten Batman animated DVDs. This lead to me going on an animated Batman kick and watching Batman: Under the Red Hood last night. While it's not as good as the 90s animated Batman series or the best of the movies that has produced that I have seen (so far) Mask of the Phantasm. It's pretty good, I hadn't even intended on watching it I just downloaded it and played it to see if it was good quality and it drew me right in.

Definitely, Under The Red Hood has such a tear jerker ending, I love that one. Revenge of the Joker is probably my favorite Batman animated film, with Mask of the Phantasm as a close second.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (which is on netflix) has to be the funniest movie I have seen in a long time, with some of the hilarious deaths I have seen in any movie.

Edited by hot rod

Definitely, Under The Red Hood has such a tear jerker ending, I love that one. Revenge of the Joker is probably my favorite Batman animated film, with Mask of the Phantasm as a close second.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (which is on netflix) has to be the funniest movie I have seen in a long time, with some of the hilarious deaths I have seen in any movie.

Taht has Alan Tudyk from Firefly...that makes it tempting to watch.

I was waiting for that film to be released for a long time! I actually watched the unfinished workprint when it leaked a year or so ago! It was really really good then, I can imagine it's even better with actual special effects and music.

I was waiting for that film to be released for a long time! I actually watched the unfinished workprint when it leaked a year or so ago! It was really really good then, I can imagine it's even better with actual special effects and music.

Yeah, it is. It's the best comedy of 2011 for sure.

Did anyone see Horrible Bosses? I got it for Christmas for some reason, should I just try to sell it or is it worth a watch? shifty.gif

Worth a watch for sure, fun little movie with an extra bonus of Aniston hotness.

Finally got round to watching A Lonely Place To Die, which was actually a pretty good movie. Melissa George as good as always.