What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Katie Holmes, and yeah. That weird smirk she does at the end was really off-putting. Maggie Gyllenhall was a big step up.

Maggie Gyllenhall is the worst. Katie Holmes wasn't great, but Gyllenhall is awful.

I can't stand her. The stupid dumb look she constantly has on her face is the worst. I'm not saying she's worse than Katie Holmes, but she's definitely not a better choice. She just seems so fucking bored by everything! When she realizes that Batman turns up at the wrong place, she couldn't sound more disinterested in what's about to happen to her.

Just finished In Time. And, as per usual standard with an Andrew Niccol film, the concept was genius and the movie itself was really well-done. But the dialogue was atrocious. It was just constant tounge-in-cheek references to time and it just grated me beyond belief. So yeah, typical Andrew Niccol; writes a great movie, directs it to a crisp, but it fails because of mediocre acting and bad dialogue.

Anyone in the UK watch Ricky Gervais and his new show Derek tonight? I thought it was pretty good, light comedy really with some serious moments in and Karl Pilkington being Karl but with hair.

Anyone in the UK watch Ricky Gervais and his new show Derek tonight? I thought it was pretty good, light comedy really with some serious moments in and Karl Pilkington being Karl but with hair.

I just watched it. I think it might be some of the finest work Ricky Gervais has ever done.

In Time is still one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in a long time. I don't know if my expectations were too high, but damn you got be a complete moron to screw up such an easy yet unique story.

Cabin in the Woods - First off I am far from a fan of horror movies, with the exception of the 28 _ Later series, and though Cabin in the Woods isn't as good it's damn close. And the comedy in it is actually... funny! Everything just worked for the movie. My favorite movie I've seen this year so far, so if you like horror movies I would definitely recommend it.

Cabin in the Woods

Really fun, really enjoyed it, but it's going to suffer what I like to call "Inception Syndrome," where people act like it's more than it is. It's not as scary or funny as it could've been, still liked it a lot in spite of that, but I'm going to get annoyed by people who act like they just saw Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, The Godfather, The Matrix, and Star Wars all rolled into one amaz-tacular movie.

The Cabin in the Woods

Agree with what Zero said. Fun, something a bit different. Not groundbreaking and amazing, but a fun twist on the genre.