Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

What Did You Watch Today?

W.

Great movie, Josh Brolin is absolutely brilliant. I was surprised at how well it portrayed Bush as a sympathetic, but flawed character and I think this is the kind of movie that people will look back on in several years and pinpoint as a shift in America's political climate. Definitely Stone's best in years.

I decided to give Battlestar Galactica a try and watched the first episode. Sort of slow but I'll keep watching. There are a few other shows that I need to watch now that they are over with like The Shield.

Finally just started to watch the first series (This is the new one, not the old one that I've heard of). Up to episode 10 and I'm loving it so far. It was one of those programmes that looked decent but I just wasn't set on at first. Well I caught up with it all and am now hooked. Oh and I'm officially in love with Jessica Stroup :wub:

Firefly

In my recent love for TV Series and Joss Whedon, my friend leant me this. Firefly is absoloutley amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen this - just do it. I've got about six episodes left and I think it's quality. Just go watch.

Movie Sunday!

Knowing - Nothing Special, ok for Popcorn cinema i guss...

Broken - A very good Movie, taking a new turn on a classic horrorfilm. Won´t tell you which. Go get your girl home for this one. She won´t leave afterwarts even if you try to force her out.

From within - an ok indy Horror flick... if you ad up the good parts of this movie with the good parts of the Happening you would have a good movie... but for indy it´s realy well don and played.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I'll put this here since I didn't see a topic for it while skimming and I'm not sure if it's good enough to warrant one.

Castle - Episode 1

It's a nice little detective story, but it's Nathan Fillion that makes it just that much more enjoyable. In some respects it's the same as pretty much every other detective story out there, yet it has a certain charm that beats out most of them and makes this stand out a little bit. I think I'd probally enjoy it a lot more if I hadn't already seen Bones though, which honestly is the top dog in detective tv for me. Bones kind of already perfected the detective tv-show in my opinion, but Castle does a nice job of it.

As I said, it's mainly thanks to Nathan Fillion, who's always been a likeable character even when he plays a bad guy (Buffy Series 7 says hello, how were we supposed to not like Caleb!? He was great.) Nathan just brings the sort of charm this style of show needs to stand out, but it lacks a little in some other respects. His co-worker, whatever the FBI agents name was, I honestly couldn't give two shites about her. Nothing wrong with her acting, but just nothing made her stand out. She was cliche #435, "tough chick in a mans world". Castle's family is also irritating, the daughter less so but honestly the mother made me want to turn the program over.

The actual storyline as to why Castle is following her around is a little flimsy as well, and I feel like it might end up falling into one of those shows where there's no over arcing storyline, just the same thing with a different scenario over and over again all season. That's why Bones is good, it gives you the episodes in between the main story that are interesting and work to build up the characters and some side story, but they always go back to a main story that's being solved through out. (Brennans father, The Gormogan story arc etc.) If they had stretched out the killer from the first episode (a guy commiting the same crimes as in Castles books) for the entire series, having him kill and be found out over the course of the series, it might have been more interesting. Nothing helps a detective show more than having a few episodes where they won't find out everything in just that episode.

So, overall, I'll give Castle a 6.5/10, It's got a nice amount of charm, but everything apart from Nathan Fillion just feels amazingly average.

90210 - Episode 17

What the fuck? This was just a crazy episode. Part of me loves the route they're taking with Silver, but part of me doesn't. I really hope they don't fuck with the character so much that it takes a weird turn, because she's by far my favourite character in the entire thing. The big plus side is it's left me wanting more and I cant wait to see where things lead from here. I'm guessing she's just lost it since Dixon told her he loved her and hopefully there's a reason behind her going crazy.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

I'm in the middle of it right now. So far I am really enjoying it. It's a little different than I was expecting it to be, but that a good thing.

Always love woody allen movies

Knowing - 2/5

The Damned United - 5/5

The Boat That Rocked - 4/5, only if you aren't tired of the Richard Curtis formula.

Got dragged to "Marley & Me"...I was vastly disappointed, I thought it was going to be a love story between a bloke and a dog...now that'd have been a film. :shifty: Actually it wasn't anywhere as terrible as I thought it would be, and wasn't really a "Dog does silly things LOZL!" film I thought it was going to be. Plus it helps that Jennifer Aniston is gorgeous. Owen Wilson's voice still annoys the ever-loving fuck out of me though. Still only like a 4/10 or something, something I'd happily never watch again, in fact, I don't think I'd ever want to watch it again. But it wasn't terrible.

No internet yesterday but was stuck in the house so finally watched Crank.. fucking funny shit

The public sex = amazing

The fight scenes.. brilliant

It's a movie that wasn't quite sure whether to be drama, action or comedy..

And I fucking loved it

I watched Doubt over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good and was a bit surprised it didn't get more play at the Academy Awards and Golden Globes. Though it did seemed sort of rushed towards the end. I think it was only 77 minutes or something like that. Could have easily been pushed out towards the two hour mark to fix the pacing. Without trying to spoil it, why did no one ever talk to the kid? Isn't that the first thing people do in that situation? I understand that it was a complex situation but still.

Also I watched this documentary the other night called "Tilt". It's about how Pinball went from being huge to basically being a dead form of entertainment. It mainly focuses on the team at Williams that was behind Pinball 2000 which in concept was awesome but had way to many problems. It's not long but I guess there is a DVD version out there with six hours of special features. If I can find it, I'll buy it for sure. I'm glad that in the past three years or so there have been some REALLY good documentaries on video games and things like that. I'd like to see that documentary about people that get lost in games like Warcraft and Second Life. I think it's completed and has been shown before at festivals but apparently it's not out to the masses yet. Also I heard about a documentary currently being made about people that made text adventure computer games back in the 80's. That oughta be something interesting.

Hamlet 2. I feel like at some points it'd of come off funnier if it was animated like South Park, but it had some pretty hilarious moments. I didn't get to finish watching it sadly, as the dvd kept skipping and was eventually unreadable. Damn Blockbuster. But then I moved on to Dexter, watching the first and second episode and holy shit, they need to bring that shit to cable so I can watch it regularly for free.

Observe And Report.

I don't know. It was funny during parts, especially at the beginning. But once you learn a few things about the main character and see how he acts because of it, it becomes a bit hard to laugh.

Observe And Report.

I don't know. It was funny during parts, especially at the beginning. But once you learn a few things about the main character and see how he acts because of it, it becomes a bit hard to laugh.

Could you explain to me what you learn about the main character? I don't want to see the film - I can't stand Seth Rogen - and Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it except he has fantasies of being a policeman.

Obviously put it in spoiler tags.

Battle In Seattle: 4/10

Meh, better than I expected. About as annoying and preachy as I expected. Wasn't bad, but wouldn't watch it again.

Taken: 9/10

Liam Neeson <3. There's something awesome about watching him going around murdering everyone in the film who gets in his way. I would have given it a perfect score, but there are parts of the film that are just too coincidental to be believable.

Miracle at St. Anna 3/10

Too long, too disjointed, too stupid. Could have been way more straightforward, and way better.

I watched "Transformers" last night...I really wish I hadn't. The fact it's that kid kills Megatron...what the fuck? Yeah, the film as a whole is dull as shit.

Yeah, nowhere near enough shots of a sweaty/dirty Megan Fox to justify them raping one of my fondest childhood memories.

Fast & Furious 8.5/10.... FINALLY the series gets back to what it should be, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Obviously, not as good as the first, but very close for what it's worth.

12 Rounds 7.5/10.... This movie is TEN times better then the Marine, which isn't saying much really. Miles Austin MADE this movie for me, and I was surprised that at how much I liked the movie when I left. I may have rated it higher, but after watching Fast & Furious the night before, I just couldn't.

Jurrassic Park III 8/10...EASILY my favorite Jurrassic Park yet. I never watched it before due to my total distaste for the sequel, but I was blown away at how much I not only enjoyed the movie, but I found myself by the end actually enjoying the movie more then the first. I almost wish they would make another one...if only they promised to follow this format instead of the stupid "OMG Dino goes to San Diego, WHAT WE GONNA DO?!?!?!"

Observe And Report.

Could you explain to me what you learn about the main character? I don't want to see the film - I can't stand Seth Rogen - and Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it except he has fantasies of being a policeman.

From what I can gather,

Main character's bipolar. Also, there's apparently a date-rape scene.

Edited by Claudio Cloudstagnoli

Observe And Report.

From what I can gather,

Main character's bipolar. Also, there's apparently a date-rape scene.

It's not date rape. She is a willing participant. She is just wasted. And yes, you find out the character is bipolar, and you can see him go up and down with his emotions.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I liked this a lot. I put off watching it for ages because of my hatred towards Russell Brand. I like him a bit more now. It was very funny in places, and the part where they were all sat around a table taking the piss of a movie Kristen Bell had starred in, I was pissing myself. I couldn't work out whether it was a genuine rip on Pulse or not.

Still, it would've been better if the lead actor didn't feel the need to show us a full view of his cock about 5 times.

I watched "Transformers" last night...I really wish I hadn't. The fact it's that kid kills Megatron...what the fuck? Yeah, the film as a whole is dull as shit.

Yeah, nowhere near enough shots of a sweaty/dirty Megan Fox to justify them raping one of my fondest childhood memories.

Shit, man I couldnt agree more...cussing? robots "peeing" on humans? FREAKIN EBAY??? what a piece of trash!

Once again, Hollywood takes a franchise with a big fanbase and then abandons every one of those fans by "re-imagining" everything!

Anyway

Just saw Semi-Pro starring Will Farrell and it was hilarious! Only thing I didnt like was how they didnt have a conclusion to the corndog incident but that is such a MINOR thing...otherwise a fantastic, cookie cutter comedy that hits all the right spots. Very funny movie to break out the bong for!

Semi-Pro: 9/10