What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Goldeneye - 8/10

A very solid start to Piece Brosnan's 007 career.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil - 7/10

It was funny but not laugh out loud funny although the premise wasn't driven into the ground like I expected it to be.

The Breakfast Club - 10/10

I loved this movie, really well done and suddenly that bit in Not Another Teen Movie makes a lot more sense.

Edited by ADGray

Hot Fuzz 7/10

Better than the vastly overrated Shaun of the Dead, because it's actually good. It's quite funny, but a tad long for what it is. Still, a decent film you should all try and see.

How I Met Your Mother - 2x16 - Stuff

A pretty decent episode. Nothing great or anything outside of Marshall wearing those Joey Batafuco pants and looking like a moron in them, and then for the final scene of the episode, they returned to the slap bet with Marshall getting his second slap of three in (which the first was back in November during the Robin Sparkles episode).

Jackie Brown (1997)

I wonder why this movie isn't at popular as Quentin's other films. This seems to be the one you hardly hear about, at least for me. Like other Tarantino films, the dialogue is amazing. The acting is excellent, the standout actors in my opinion were Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, and Pam Grier. There's hardly any violence at all, which came to a surprise to me. Most the violence is off-screen, and I believe blood is only seen once on-screen. I was a bit confused around halfway through, because I wasn't sure if the chronology was mixed around like his other films. The 3 scenes of the actual heist told from different views was brilliant, and was my favourite part of the movie.

9/10

Not today, but meh.

Goldeneye

I know a lot of people comlain about the Brosnan Bond films, but this one is about as good as James Bond films get. It's not totally faitful to the feel of the books, but if it was, it'd be a boring action movie. Pierce Brosnan is arguably one of the better James Bond actors, in that he has everything right other than the fact that you feel he's totally indestructable. Perhaps the second or third best James Bond film.

8/10

Tommorow Never Dies

A part of me wants to hate this film, but I simply can't. I don't like the storyline, I don't like the female characters, I don't like the storyline and I don't like the constant action scenes in the film. And yet, at the same time, it's incredibly charming. I doubt Ian Flemming would like it, but I guess that's not the point. I'd have prefered, however, if some of the action scenes has been cut, if the Chinese woman was left out and instead we had more build up on the villain. Having him appear as a good guy before turning out evil (much like Moonraker, the book, not the film) would have made a great film.

7/10

Saw III

Jigsaw has disappeared.

With his new apprentice Amanda (Shawnee Smith), the puppet-master behind the cruel, intricate games that have terrified a community and baffled police has once again eluded capture and vanished. While city detectives scramble to locate him, Doctor Lynn Denlon (Bahar Soomekh) is unaware that she is about to become the latest pawn on his vicious chessboard.

One night, after finishing a shift at her hospital, Lynn is kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse where she meets Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), bedridden and on the verge of death. She is told that she must keep the madman alive for as long as it takes Jeff (Angus Macfayden), another of his victims, to complete a game of his own. Racing against the ticking clock of Jigsaw's own heartbeat, Lynn and Jeff struggle to make it through each of their vicious tests, unaware that he has a much bigger plan for both of them...

taken from: http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movies.php?id=2975

Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drifts

From the producer of the worldwide blockbuster hits The Fast and the Furious and its sequel, 2 Fast 2 Furious, comes the latest installment of the adrenaline-inducing series built on speed--The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Set in the sexy and colorful underground world of Japanese drift racing, the newest and fastest customized rides go head-to- head on some of the most perilous courses in the world.

Sean Boswell (Black) is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hot-headed, underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo.

Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honor. But it doesn't take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie (Bow Wow), introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. Sean's simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning, automotive art form--with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks.

On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. Sean's loss comes at a high price tag when he's forced to work off the debt under the thumb of ex-pat, Han (Kang). Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for D.K.'s girlfriend, Neela (newcomer Kelley), an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with an ultimate high stakes face off.

Kairo (2001): 7/10

This is the J-horror film that Pulse was based off of. The video I watched it on wasn't great quality, and I missed like 20-30 minutes around the middle, so it never made perfect sense. But from what I did see, I did like it.

This Film is Not Yet Rated- **** - Great documentary. I felt there were a few holes in the overall argument, but those were mostly in the smaller points. Good, thought provoking stuff.

Re-Animator- **** - Another great film that I finally got around to watching for the first time. Like Romero's films, I think this one took full advantage of the horror genre to make a moving, smart film without breaking conventions.

Reno 911: Miami - 4/10

It was funny, but I didn't really understand the plot. Maybe it was because I was doing lines in the backseat of the car while I was watching the movie. Either way, it had The Rock in it! hahaha.