Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

What Did You Watch Today?

It took me a couple of years to watch Buried as I wasn't convinced it could possibly be any good. Pleasantly surprised.

6 hours ago, MDK said:

I hate all superhero films but I loved Deadpool. If you like Ryan Reynolds check out Buried, scary thriller with Reynolds.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Right now I have Selfless in the Netflix dvd queue, but its not near the top of the list.

And I highly recommend checking out Woman In Gold, if you haven't seen it yet.

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

It took me a couple of years to watch Buried as I wasn't convinced it could possibly be any good. Pleasantly surprised.

I was surprised. To make a film that is essentially a one man play inside a box... and to make it good.

Happyish. First episode was promising, but Coogan's voice is all over the ruddy shop. He's obviously going for transatlantic, but he keeps dropping it so it's really jarring when it comes back.

I always forget the greatness of Clueless' soundtrack. That, and Cruel Intentions, set in upper-class America but it's full of Britpop for some reason.

Django (1966) is such an epic film and damn, it must be the most violent Western ever? And just look and the final shot of the film.

article00.jpg

• Like 1

Or a western where someones dick got shot off? 

On 4/2/2016 at 07:38, Noah said:

Currently in the cinema for London has Fallen. I'll let you know how it goes shortly. :P

It was fucking pants

• Like 2

On 16-4-2016 at 19:14, Jimmy said:

More violent than The Wild Bunch?

Yes Jimmy. 

Also The Jungle Book (2016) is great!

4 hours ago, Lars Mulder said:

Yes Jimmy. 

Also The Jungle Book (2016) is great!

It sure is!

Yup, I too can confirm the greatness of The Jungle Book. Enjoyed it much more than I figured I would.

Django Summ was not nearly as good as Django All. 

Bringing Out the Dead has a metric fucktonne of good actors in it. Even recognised the voice of Wade from GTAV.

36 minutes ago, MDK said:

Bringing Out the Dead has a metric fucktonne of good actors in it. Even recognised the voice of Wade from GTAV.

Well, it's a Scorsese movie so...

SELF/LESS - Actually watched it yesterday, but was too busy to post a review after. Pretty good film, but my one flaw with the movie is that Ryan Reynolds wasn't using the same accent that Ben Kingsley was using before the character switched bodies. Nor did it really seem like the same character aside from his concerns over his daughter and friend/business partner. I do recommend checking it out, though. 

I rather liked Inherent Vice, even if I was a little confused by it at times. I'm a sucker for 70s pieces, and with a backdrop of southern California and Joaquin Phoenix, yeah, I'm gonna like it.

I'm gutted I missed Inherent Vice in the cinema, still need to catch that.

Saw Green Room tonight; not what I was expecting, but since it was a Screen Unseen thing Odeon were doing, I didn't really know what to expect :P 

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK - Watched about the first 10 minutes, popped it out of the Blu-Ray player, put it back in the sleeve and the Netflix envelope, then went to the post office just to drop it off and get rid of it. 

Baddar, you may have enjoyed it, but NONE of us watching it here laughed even once in that short amount of time. May have gotten better, but the start was too lame to give it a chance.