What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Everything I've heard sounds like safe, middle-of-the-road, sterile, studio-approved remake.

This. Exactly this. Didn't like it. :/

Not surprised, especially after Joel Kinnamon was on The Daily Show last week. He hyped the promo clip as the director coming up with innovative new ideas or some rubbish and Gary Oldman's character ruminating on.. something, but the clip was just "here's robocop shooting robot bad guys BLAOW BLAOW BLAOW".

12 Angry Men is a film that Stokerina would never, ever have watched if given a choice - just the idea of such...I dunno, "static", talky films turns her off.

But then it was shown at the film society at her Uni which she was going to anyway (for social reasons)...and now it's one of her favourite films.

• Like 1

So I just finished watching 12 Years a Slave. Man, it has been a long time since a movie took me through so many emotions in such a short time; it is really powerful, and the whole thing is enhanced even more when you know that everything presented is entirely true. Which is probably why I ended up crying in the end. Yes, I admit it, I cried at the end.

It was just so touching that he finally got to see his family again!

:crying:

• Like 1

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Oh wow, Gloria Swanson's Norma Desmond might be the greatest performance by a female ever. That was just... wow. Also, William Holden :wub:

The Canyons (2013)

Man, I was so bored watching this. Might need to watch it again when I'm paying more attention.