What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Yeah, Billy Wilder is up there with my favourite directors. His filmography is insane, I'd be happy if I made any films as good as either; The Apartment, Some Like It Hot, Sunset Boulevard or Double Indemnity. But he went and made all four, as well as a number of other great films, he was insanely talented.

I also didn't know Cecil B. DeMille could act, so that was an awesome added bonus. It also reminded me that I need to watch more of his movies.

Also, Split, not mentioning Stalag 17 in there is terrible. I need to watch more Billy Wilder, though, am definitely going to watch The Apartment this year, it's part of my Best Picture list.

Watched the first two episodes of Life of Rock with Brian Pern on the iPlayer and its brilliant. Why the fuck do the BBC make these things and then not advertise them at all? Linnnnnnnekkkkkkkkeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!

Trying to watch a movie a night, and I'm thinking of possibly starting a blog, part of which would be movie reviews. Last night was Elysium, which definitely had it's problems (Jodie Foster's accent, the fact that the entire plot could have been settled with a single conversation), but overall a really entertaining movie with a great look, which is always a major thing for me in cinema.

Requiem For A Dream (2000)

Man, Jared Leto should have started collecting Oscars from this movie. What a performance. Oh, and Ellen Burstyn was there being awesome as well. But you all knew that.

The Apartment (1960)

Yup, totally agree with Split. Really slim, but it was better than Sunset Boulevard. Now I just have to watch Some Like It Hot. Stalag 17 is still better, though. I can't stop loving Stalag 17.