What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

It might be the saltlyness that comes from hearing bad things about things you like, but I couldn't agree less. I've always found Hannibal way hammier than Silence. Whilst I like Mads, there's no topping Hopkins.

• Like 1

Yeah Silence of the Lambs is fantastic. Hopkins has a presence for sure. The sequels suck but on its own it's really good at building up the tension.

Don't get all the hate for Alien Resurrection. It's not nearly as good as Alien and Aliens, and has some ridiculous scenes, but it's better than Alien 3. Not enough tension, but that...

... underwater scene where they swim into the Alien hive trap...

... was great. Some of the crew also seems to be an early draft version of the Firefly crew, which was a pleasant suprise.

Could do without the ridiculous epilepsy lights constantly though.

I didn't dislike Predator, it just wasn't as good as I expected.

To be honest, most of the opinions I've posted are based on their reputations, it's probably why my Silence post probably comes off as bad too. I actually liked it, I just found myself preferring Hannibal, and I've never been a fan of Hopkins.

Because it's easy, appeals to kids and makes money. I mean, duh.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is merely one more Western added to my list of "yeah okay it's kind of good but not enough for 2.5 hours" viewings.

Planes was just bad. Same tired story, dull characters, and just generally begging the question - how did the worst Pixar film manage to get two sequels? I mean, the first and second were okay, but nothing that earned a sequel, let alone a spin off.

Not that it matters much, but I don't think Planes was a Pixar film.

Planes was just bad. Same tired story, dull characters, and just generally begging the question - how did the worst Pixar film manage to get two sequels? I mean, the first and second were okay, but nothing that earned a sequel, let alone a spin off.

Not that it matters much, but I don't think Planes was a Pixar film.

True. The Planes spinoff is DisneyToon Studios.

And "Best bath scene in a Western" shouldn't even be a thing. :shifty: