Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

What Did You Watch Today?

Went to the drive in to see Jurassic Park last night.  27 years later some of those effects still look absolutely as good as anything in movies today

Watching the Alex Rider series on Amazon, it's been a good adaptation so far. They've skipped the first book and adapted the origin story into book two, it's working quite well.

They've also got C-Mil's Eurovision entry as the theme song which caught me by surprise :lol:

Not watching at the moment, but last night we started watching CARNIVAL ROW on Amazon. Watched 4 last night, and 1 today. Its actually very good. There's a twist with one of the lead characters that was pulled off very well.

SEE, on Apple TV. Its a postapocalyptic series starring Jason Momoa. The `postapocalpytic' part is due to a virus generations earlier that wiped out most of the world's population and left the survivors and their descendants completely blind.

I watched the first three episodes last night, and its really good.

Also watched BRIAN BANKS, starring Aldis Hodge and Greg Kinnear. I am a fan of both. I'm a sucker for true story movies, ans this one will piss you off at the injustice he suffered due to being falsely accused of rape and it ruining his life. My only complaint is that the information at the end of the movie does not tell you what consequences the girl who lied about him suffered, or what else transpired after he was cleared as far as courts go. (ie, who got sued) I had to go look that up online. Highly recommend the movie. Morgan Freeman and Sherri Shepherd are also it in it, by the way.

And, THE HUNT. Heidi and I were planning on going to see it in the theater, then COVID-19 hit. Our neighbors across the street rented it from Redbox. The movie is just plain fucked up, but in a good way. The kills are fairly gruesome, but a couple of them are actually comical. 

*edit* Watched all of this over the past two days.*

Edited by GhostMachine

We watched Prisoners last night just as a random let's pick something in Netflix to watch type thing. From the title the description the cast (though can be excellent) we were expected some middle of the road watchable thriller it far exceeded are expectations.

Have been watching INTO THE BADLANDS, on Netflix. I wanted to watch it when it was orignally on AMC, but had too much on my plate. Am about 4 episodes into season 3 right now.

Question, if anyone watched the show:

Is MK turning into a bad guy?

The new Eurovision film on Netflix. Didn't see @Katsuya once. 0/10

• Like 1

MY SPY, on Prime. Action comedy starring some guy named Dave Bautisa. Think he used to be a wrestler, or something. Seriously, though, it was pretty good. Had several laughs, and the fight scenes were not boring.

Code 8 on Netflix. Was pretty good. Definitely better than i expected.

Eric Andre's new Netflix special is hilarious, but I'm like, exactly in the range to have most of the same experiences as him, so maybe it hits different *shrug*

Speaking of Netflix specials, I got fooled for a second into thinking Gabriel Iglesias had a new one out. Had it under New Releases, but its from last year and we had already given it a thumbs up. 

Am wondering when/if we'll get the rest of the episodes of Mr. Iglesias season two.

On 28/06/2020 at 09:10, Gazz said:

The new Eurovision film on Netflix. Didn't see @Katsuya once. 0/10

What'd you think of it?  I've never seen a minute of Eurovision but I liked it more then I thought I would

Watched See You Yesterday on Netflix. It's part of their BLM collection, but it's a fairly fun little time travel film. It's very good, and goes from fun to absolutely grim effortlessly to make a pretty powerful film. There's bits of it (no spoilers) that would genuinely make you wonder if it was filmed last week rather than last year, obviously police violence is a long running issue but it's terrifyingly relevant. Would definitely recommend. 

Also Michael J Fox makes a wacky cameo. It's all over the place.

I like The Truman Show. Quite a lot. It was put on Netflix (UK) last Wednesday, so I watched it right away. Since then I've come across a thread of small details, a lot that I hadn't spotted before! I do see something new every time; I noticed the Seahaven sign in that thread on my last watch... still can't believe I never saw any secret cameras other than the one on the neighbour's bin and above the Kaiser Chicken sign!

• Like 1

We watched Hamilton on Disney+ last night and wowsers...that was incredible! So freaking good

• Like 1

Hail Satan? - cracking documentary on Netflix about The Satanic Temple.