WWE 2007 - The Challenge

Ric Flair's Retirement Match  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Ric Flair's final match be against?

• Sting
    • Ricky Steamboat
    • Chris Benoit
    • Triple H
    • Mick Foley
    • Hulk Hogan
    • Other (Please Specify)

I'm really enjoying this, just read it all in one go. The unpredictability is really cool, and I really did mark out for Nash returning (Don't ask why, but I like the guy).

Not too sure I like Kelly Kelly as a legit contender for the woman's belt, but you made it make sense. Helms as a top guy is a great idea, but isn't the Vertebreaker on the banned list in WWE?

As for Flair's last match, Double A would be my pick, there may be no bad blood, but Falir could go out against his best friend. If not either Sting or Dusty would be good choices as well

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflecto you evil son of a bitch, I'm loving this.

I like Helms as the Rumble Winner, it's something that makes sense while at the same time being hards to write.

And if it isn't Flair VS Sting I'll cry :crying:

Not too sure I like Kelly Kelly as a legit contender for the woman's belt, but you made it make sense. Helms as a top guy is a great idea, but isn't the Vertebreaker on the banned list in WWE?
Edited by Misanthrope

This is simply phenomenal. Kudos to Reflecto for creating all these rules, each of which makes for a fascinating twist, as well as Misanthrope for rolling with the punches. It's been brilliant thus far and I can only hope it continues for a very long time. Are these rules static are have they been changing alongside the booking?

1257498.jpg

WWE Smackdown kicks off with highlights from Raw, specifically, Shane McMahon’s announcement for tonight’s main event and the ongoing feuds between Raw’s Shawn Michaels & Smackdown’s Gregory Helms, and Smackdown’s King Booker with ECW’s CM Punk. We’re reminded that in addition to the huge match between Kane and Shawn Michaels tonight, we’ll also be treated to a tag match pairing The Undertaker and Batista off against Gregory Helms & Mr. Kennedy.

-- Shawn Michaels' Wrestlemania Dream --

But the show opens with Degeneration X’s theme music hitting and the Heartbreak Kid coming out to a huge ovation. Michael Cole points out that Shawn Michaels has never wrestled on Smackdown before, and that tonight he’ll make history. Meanwhile, HBK’s standing in the ring soaking up the crowd’s adoration.

HBK: How are we feeling tonight?

The crowd cheers.

HBK: I can’t hear you, Chicago. I said ‘How are we feeling tonight’?

A larger roar.

HBK: I’m no expert, but that sounds a hell of a lot like excitement and you know what? I feel it to. The Showstopper’s Wrestlemania dream is alive and well, and he’s going to move one step closer to it tonight by pinning Kane 1-2-3. Can you feel it?

Another roar

HBK: After tonight, after I pin Kane, it’s on to No Way Out. Gregory Helms, my friend, you’ve been put on notice. You’re the #1 contender right now, but come No Way Out, you’ll be just another cocky punk whose dreams outreached his ability. Because you’ll be going one on one with the Show Stopper. The Icon! The Main Event! The…

BOOM!

Kane’s pyros light up the arena, interrupting HBK’s promo. Kane appears at the top of the ramp. He doesn’t speak. He simply runs his thumb across his throat and points to Michaels. What a way to open Smackdown!

RATING: 95%

-- Morgan & Jindrak vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki --

As expected, this clash is an extended squash aimed at introducing the new monster team to the Smackdown audience. Jindrak, as the smaller man, starts things off in a more evenly contested clash with Scotty and then Funaki, but Morgan’s entry into the match signals the end. Funaki, the legal man, is treated to a brutal power bomb. Scotty 2 Hotty attempts to intervene on his friend’s behalf, but an F-5 puts him in his place. Morgan covers for the 1-2-3 and a victory on ‘debut’ after 5:11

But what’s this? Paul London & Brian Kendrick hit the ring through the crowd. They grab a leg of Jindrak each and pull, sending him face first into the apron. They then slide into the ring, where Morgan stamps on Kendrick before he’s able to get to his feet. London comes off the ropes to hit a cross body, but he’s caught by Morgan. Kendrick charges into a big boot and Morgan puts London down with a fallaway slam. He’s decimated the tag champions single-handedly!

RATING: 67/57/77

-- King Booker’s Training Regime --

We find King Booker backstage. Queen Sharmell stands to the side holding his scepter and cloak while he spars with a nameless black man. Sharmell offers generic, vaguely irritating words of support to her King.

Sharmell: You’re the man, baby!

Booker: You know it

Sharmell: You’re going to kill him

Booker: Sing it, baby

Sharmell: CM Punk is a nobody!

Booker: Preaching to the converted

Sharmell: You’re going to…

The door opens and Tommy Dreamer enters. He finishes Sharmell’s sentence.

Dreamer: get me a sandwich, bitch.

He laughs at the joke, but Booker stops sparring to turn around and face Dreamer.

Booker: Tell me you didn’t just say that.

Dreamer: See you in the ring, ‘King’.

Dreamer leaves with a smile on his face, leaving a fuming Booker and Sharmell behind. Their match is up after the break!

RATING: 81%

-- King Booker vs. Tommy Dreamer --

The fans are, obviously, on the side of ECW’s Tommy Dreamer for this clash. Unfortunately for them, Booker seems unusually focused, and controls things early on due to a mixture of his own prowess and some underhanded eye rakes and mule kicks that get underneath the referee’s radar. It’s not all one way traffic, though, and after ducking a clothesline – Dreamer takes the King down with a diving shoulder block before pounding his chest and roaring to the crowd. Booker staggers forward into a Dreamer Cutter, but the cover gets two.

Dreamer continues to control things for a moment, but Sharmell trips him up as he’s coming off the ropes – allowing Booker to hit the Book End on Dreamer! It’s as good as over!

CM Punk’s music hits before Booker can make the cover, and the King goes to the ropes to abuse Punk as he strolls casually down the ramp. Dreamer’s to his feet! He spins Booker around. Dreamer DDT! Cover! 1-2-3! Dreamer’s stolen a victory from King Booker thanks to CM Punk’s arrival! A shock pinfall victory after 7:27

Punk applauds the effort and heads backstage, perhaps proving that his subtle approach achieved just as much as King Booker’s blatant interference in Tuesday night’s title match.

RATING: 79/75/83

Tommy Dreamer gained overness

-- The Warrior (?) Returns --

Kristal is backstage with Matt Striker, again in his Warrior attire.

Kristal: Matt, last…

Warrior: Warrior

Kristal: Pardon?

Warrior: It’s Warrior.

Kristal: I see… Well, Warrior, last week you made your debut on Smackdown and defeated Joey Mercury. Can you explain to fans what made you…

Warrior snatches the microphone and addresses the camera.

Warrior: Vince McMahon, the moons are in alignment and the stars have mapped out a path for The Ultimate Warrior’s return. He has seen the coming of the storm and he knows full well that he is its thunder. Quake in fear, McMahon, because fate has dealt a hand to you that even the web of destiny can never hope to unveil. I am the spider in that web, and you are the flies that buzz around the horse’s behind – irritating it and causing it to buck loose its rider. The skeins of fate foretell your doom, Vince, but now time calls me to other worlds and different existences. Tremble, Vince, tremble!

He paces off, leaving the audience and Kristal confused.

RATING: 76%

-- Shannon Moore © vs. Joey Mercury for the Cruiserweight Title --

Right off the bat, this match has the feeling of something memorable about it. Like Benoit’s match against Finlay last week, there’s just a feeling that these two have an understanding that translates into a fast flowing, enjoyable match. While Mercury isn’t off the same high flying ilk as Moore, the two produce some quality chain wrestling that gets the crowd amped up. Mercury controls things early on through heelish tactics, the challenger blatantly raking the eye and putting the champion down with a Russian leg sweep. His attempts at rest holds are continually escaped by the champion, however, who is showing no signs that his fluke title win will dictate the quality of his reign. Indeed, the fans begin to get behind the Prince of Punk when he manages to hit an astounding springboard corkscrew senton after being whipped hard into the corner.

Once momentum swings in favour of Moore, he manages to keep it well, and he manages to pick up a pinfall victory after hitting the Halo in 8:37

RATING: 75/59/91

-- Pre Match Benoit Interview --

We’re again backstage, this time it’s Josh Matthews on hand with United States Champion, Chris Benoit.

Josh: Chris, of late you’ve perhaps been accused of slipping into the background. What are your thoughts on this?

Benoit: I think people are right. I think people have forgotten that I’m the Canadian Crippler – the Rabid Wolverine. And I think it’s time that changes. I’m a former World Champion and I don’t think I’m done. I don’t think I’m done by a long shot. Tonight, against the Boogeyman, tonight I’m going to start being the Chris Benoit people have come to expect. I’m going to be ruthless and I’m going to get back to the top of my game.

Josh: And what are your thoughts on Ric Flair’s retirement?

Benoit: Ric and I go back a long way. We go back to the Horsemen days. When I heard he was retiring, I was stunned. But the more I think about it, the more I think that now’s a good a time as any. The Nature Boy is an icon in this industry, and there’s nothing he hasn’t done. On top of that, at fifty seven he’s still bringing his ‘A’ game every week. He’s still making people tap out and he’s still landing the gorgeous women. There’s nothing left for him to achieve.

Josh: WWE.com’s poll on Ric Flair’s retirement match saw you as a surprise winner when it went behind closed doors. What are your thoughts on this?

Benoit: It would be an honour. Now if you excuse me, Josh, I’ve got a match to win.

Benoit leaves.

Josh: There you have it, guys. Will Chris Benoit be the man given the honour of being Ric Flair’s last ever opponent?

RATING: 70%

-- Chris Benoit © vs. The Boogeyman for the United States Title --

Benoit’s already in the ring when we return from the commercial, leaving time for The Boogeyman’s extended entry through the mist and fog. He struts around like a chicken after the bell, but it doesn’t look like Benoit’s in the mood to take his shtick seriously. A brutally stiff chop has Boogeyman reeling, and he soon finds himself whipped into the ropes and taken down with a hard back elbow. Boogeyman is immediately back to his feet and attempts a clumsy clothesline, but Benoit ducks around behind him and doubles him up with a hard release German suplex. Sensing the end of near, Benoit goes to the top rope, only to have Boogeyman lunge at the ropes and rack him up. Showing skills never before exhibited, Boogeyman manages to bring him to the mat with a passable middle rope superplex. He covers, but Benoit’s out at two. A brief period of Boogeyman domination ensues – with clotheslines for all. He attempts to end the match with his pump handle slam, but Benoit resists. Instead, Boogeyman turns it into an octopus hold submission. Benoit’s never say die spirit shines, and after a minute or two, Boogeyman releases the hold. He attempts to continue the beating, but gets into a chop standoff with Benoit, with the US Champion soon gaining the upper hand. A hard whip followed by a basement dropkick puts Boogeyman down, and Benoit pounces with the Crippler Crossface! Boogeyman’s slowly crawling towards the ropes, but Benoit won’t let go. He’s inches away!

Wait! Who’s that? Somebody’s ducked out from underneath the ring. It’s Gangrel! He spits blood into Benoit’s face! Somehow the referee doesn’t see it! Benoit’s released the hold and he’s trying to get the blood out of his eyes. Boogeyman rolls him up. 1-2-NO! Benoit kicks out! He’s blinded, though, and throws dazed blows in any direction. Boogeyman makes the mistake of getting within grasping distance of Benoit. GERMAN SUPLEX! ANOTHER! A THIRD! Benoit can’t see, but his instincts have kicked in. He covers. 1-2-3! He’s won it. Benoit’s defended his US title despite Gangrel’s interference! A career high performance from The Boogeyman in this 6:27 length match, but to no avail!

Benoit’s still down on the mat as his music hits, and Gangrel’s in the ring. He hauls Benoit to his feet. IMPLANT DDT! He hauls the fallen champion to his feet and calls Boogeyman over. BOOGEYSLAM! Benoit’s being decimated! Wait! Now somebody else is on his way out! It’s Finlay! Cole thinks the beating’s going to continue, but Finlay turns his shillelagh on The Boogeyman! He hits Gangrel with it, doubling him over, and then hits him again the back for good measure. CELTIC CROSS! Finlay’s put Gangrel down with the Celtic Cross. He helps Benoit to his feet. What’s going on?

Somebody tosses him a microphone.

Finlay: Chris… Chris…

Benoit’s still blinded and stumbles to his feet.

Finlay: That was a hell of a show. Bravo! I love a good fight, and by Christ, you gave ‘em one. I…

The Boogeyman lunges at Finlay again, trying to clothesline him, but Benoit catches the extended arm and rides Boogeyman to the floor, locking in the Crossface! Finlay goes to the feet and locks in an ankle lock. Boogeyman’s being locked in two of the most brutal submission holds in the business! Are Finlay and Benoit on the same page?

RATING: 70/73/66

The United States Title gained in image. Finlay is now a face. Finlay gained overness from this turn

-- We Cool? –

Batista is backstage watching the Finlay/Benoit show on a monitor when the camera pans out to reveal The Undertaker standing behind him. Batista hasn’t noticed him, and nods in appreciation at Benoit and Finlay’s tactics. He turns and sees Undertaker, giving a momentary start.

Batista: What the hell?

The Undertaker doesn’t speak

Batista: I’m glad you’re here, Undertaker, because I wanted to make one thing clear. At No Way Out it’ll be every man for himself, but tonight we’d better be on the same page. Are we cool?

Batista puts out a hand for Undertaker to shake. The phenom looks at it with puzzle, making Batista sweat on it. He then sticks out his own hand and shakes. Looks like they’ll be on the same page tonight.

-- Gregory Helms & Mr. Kennedy vs. The Undertaker & Batista --

There’s two unlikely alliances on display here, with former #1 contender Mr. Kennedy teaming up with the man who could well face Batista or The Undertaker at Wrestlemania for the World Heavyweight Title. On the other side of the ring, Batista is forced to ally with the man who could well rob him of his title at No Way Out.

We’re going to start off with Gregory Helms in the ring against The Undertaker, a prospect that he’s clearly not over the moon about. The two men advance until they’re face to face, Helms looking up into the baleful eyes of the Dead Man. The pause is momentary, before Helms makes the first move by slapping The Undertaker! What a show of disrespect! The Undertaker checks his lip for blood and turns back to Helms, as if to ask for another. Helms swings again, but Undertaker catches his wrist and wrenches it painfully behind his back! Helms manages to reverse and get behind The Undertaker, locking his wrists around the bigger man’s waist and straining as if to attempt a German suplex. When this fails, he relinquishes his grip and comes off the ropes, only to walk right into a chokeslam predicament. A kick to the knee doubles the phenom over, and Helms gets in his first real offence by hitting a running kick to the jaw that staggers the big man. Gaining confidence, Helms comes off the second rope to hit a double axe handle on the contender to Batista’s title. Undertaker’s still not down, but he’s doubled over, allowing Helms to put him down with a swinging neck breaker. The smaller man’s making up for the size disadvantage with some sound tactical attack.

He makes the tag to Mr. Kennedy, who has plenty of history with Undertaker, and the cocky young superstar immediately pounces on the still prone Undertaker with a blatant choke. The referee drags him clear, and while the two argue, Undertaker sits up in a way that gets the crowd roaring. Kennedy spots this, and a kick to the side of the head is his response. Undertaker shakes it off. Kennedy comes off the ropes to attempt another kick, but this time Undertaker’s to his feet, and he grabs the leg! Kennedy raises his hands in submission, and Undertaker powers over him with a clothesline! The crowd loves it. Kennedy’s to his feet and goes right back down from a stiff uppercut. Helms is in, but he’s treated to more of the same. The dead man is clearing house!

Kennedy stumbles back to his feet and into a chokeslam predicament, but he smartly thumbs the eyes, following it up with a few hard right hands to stagger the bigger man. He whips the Undertaker and puts him down with a dropkick, quickly moving in to lock in a sleeper hold. The Undertaker fights it briefly, but he can’t get his hands on Kennedy, who wrenches it tighter to deprive the phenom of oxygen. Slowly but surely, The Undertaker begins to slump. Batista claps to get the crowd to rally behind the dead man, but it seems to no avail. He’s fading fast. The referee raises his hand. It drops. Again. It drops. A third time. It drops. No! Undertaker clenches his fist and slowly battles to his feet. Kennedy won’t release the hold! Undertaker stumbles backwards into the ring post, but still no luck. He reaches back, straining, and gets his hands on Kennedy’s neck – whipping him over his shoulders and to the mat! Batista lunges with an outstretched arm. Undertaker accepts! The Animal is in!

Kennedy walks right into a spine buster from the champion – a man who has managed to defeat him twice in as many weeks. Helms again weighs in, but he smartly hits a dropkick to Batista’s injured knee. The Animal puts his weight on it and stumbles forward, allowing Helms to again hit a swinging neck breaker. Helms leaves the ring under the referee’s guidance, allowing Kennedy to rub his boot in the face of the fallen champion. He then wrenches Batista’s knee painfully, eliciting cries of pain from the champion. For the third week running, Kennedy is smartly focusing on a weakness in Batista’s game. JBL loves it.

He drags the champion to his feet and brings a forearm up into his jaw, before disrespecting him with a slap. He slaps him again. A third attempt, however, sees Batista ‘hulk up’ and accept it. “Come on” he tells Kennedy “Hit me again you son of a bitch”. Kennedy tries, but Batista blocks it and responds with a right hand. “Again”. Kennedy complies, and again it’s blocked and returned in kind. Batista’s building momentum. He whips Kennedy and puts him to the mat with a powerslam. He’s shaking the ropes! Kennedy knows as well as anyone what that means, and he rolls to the outside to the booing of the crowd.

Batista isn’t done. He goes out after Kennedy, but as he comes around the corner, gets blindsided with a clothesline! Kennedy sends Batista knees first into the stairs, and then rolls back into the ring. While the referee’s busy with keeping The Undertaker from the ring, Helms jumps from the apron right onto Batista’s injured leg. The Animal is in real pain here! Helms rolls him back into the ring. Kennedy covers for two. Batista refuses to give in, but he’ll need to make a tag soon. He’s been systematically destroyed by the smaller, wilier pairing. Kennedy again ‘helps’ him to his feet and whips him, putting him back down with an impressive uranage into a cover. Undertaker is in to break things up. The referee, of course, sees him out. Kennedy makes the tag and holds Batista’s wounded leg out, allowing Helms to hit it from the top rope with a forceful dropkick. Batista’s sitting now, and Helms comes off the ropes. SHINING WIZARD! He takes time out to mock The Undertaker, who is becoming agitated with the way his partner is being controlled.

Helms decides against covering, and instead goes to the top rope. He signals for a splash. Nobody's home! Batista's rolled away and both men are down! The crowd get behind Batista, hoping he can get up to make the tag. He lunges. Helms lunges. Tags are made. Undertaker's in! Kennedy charges into a hard right. Helms follows suite. Kennedy's to his feet and whips Undertaker into the ropes - flying clothesline! Helms staggers forward. CHOKESLAM! Undertaker's cleaning house. Kennedy's back up and The Undertaker kicks him in the gut. Time for the Last Ride. He's up. Kennedy punches at Undertaker, and manages to roll down his back. He attempts to whip Undertaker into the corner, but it's reversed. Kennedy ends up in Undertaker & Batista's corner. The Dead Man charges and Kennedy moves! Undertaker takes out Batista with a clothesline! Batista goes to the floor. He yells up at The Undertaker, displaying classic babyface stupidity in assuming it was intentional. Undertaker wastes time explaining what happened. Roll-up from Kennedy. Feet on the rope! 1-2-3! Kennedy steals it! Kennedy steals it! The match ends after 16:29 with an unlikely but well earned victory for the partnership of Kennedy and Helms!

RATING: 84/87/79

-- Shawn Michaels vs. Kane for a match against Gregory Helms at No Way Out --

We return from the commercial with Cole and JBL discussing the fact that, despite his upset win over the champion and his challenger, Helms' future still lies in the hands of one of these two men. Kane or Shawn Michaels could take away Helms' Wrestlemania spot if they can triumph here and beat him at No Way Out. Kane's first out, and although he's been played off as a face of late, he's still a distant second to Shawn Michaels when it comes to who the fans are behind.

There's a tense stand-off as things begin, the two challengers circling one another and looking for their opening. Kane breaks first, catching HBK and bringing a knee up into his chest. He whips HBK and puts him down with a big boot. Kane's power game controls things for the early portion of the match - his clotheslines and big boots dominating the smaller man, and a sidewalk slam getting a near fall. In fact, as is traditional in any good Shawn Michaels' match, he's dominated for much of it and made to look down and out. Michael Cole describes Kane as unstoppable. JBL says he's in rare form. It all points to one outcome. It's late in the piece, thirteen minutes in, and HBK has somehow halted Kane's momentum with the flying forearm. The fans at the arena and at home know what's coming next. Both men are down, but it's HBK who kips up and begins to tune up the band. Here it comes! Sweet Chin Music! Kane's down! Cover. 1-2-3! Shawn Michaels has done it! After being screwed out of his Royal Rumble win by Helms, he'll get a chance to square the ledger at No Way Out!

RATING: 80/83/76

-- We're Not Done Here --

Shawn Michaels is saluting the fans and making his way back up the ramp, leaving a dejected Kane in the ring. He's not along for long though, and it's Sylvan who hits the ring! The fans boo but it's not enough to alert Kane, who is still seated. Sylvan waffles him with the chair. What Helms' offsider's gripe with Kane is is anybody's guess, but he's again gone after the Big Red Machine. He drags Kane to his feet and, showing remarkable strength, lifts him up into a fireman's carry. Quebec Cutter! The fireman's carry becomes a cutter and what a brutal move it is! The fans boos turn to cheers, though, as HBK charges back into the ring. Sylvan beats a hasty retreat, and HBK's music hits as the Heartbreak Kid points up at the Wrestlemania logo and crosses himself. One more win and he'll be headlining!

RATING: 71%

Kane lost overness

OVERALL RATING: 76%

BEST SEGMENT: Shawn Michaels promo

WORST SEGMENT: Morgan & Jindrak vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki

MOTN: Joey Mercury vs. Shannon Moore

BIGGEST POP: The Undertaker

MOST HEAT: Gregory Helms

topbanner.jpg

Matt Sydal to Debut?

Exciting independent talent, Matt Sydal is expected to make his ECW debut on this week's episode. Sydal is a huge fan favourite on the indy scene due to his daredevil style, but it remains to be seen how much of move-set will be approved by the WWE. Still, with CM Punk allowed to use the Pepsi Plunge and Helms using the Vertabreaker - the WWE has clearly relaxed its stance on riskier moves.

WWE To Raid TNA?

In an effort to avoid the traditional post Wrestlemania decline in interest, the WWE are said to be making moves to secure some exciting new (and old) talent to help keep things interesting in the months after Wrestlemania. While the six week draft is expected to shake things up, don't be surprised if you see a number of current TNA stars appearing on WWE programming in the lead up to Summerslam and Survivor Series. In addition to this, the company is also in negotiations with several former main event level stars, although no names have been named. The Pro Wrestling Insider understands that at least one of these signings will be a real 'blast from the past' - with the worker not having appeared on WWE programming in over a decade.

1363934.jpg

Raw Preview

Shawn Michaels won the right to face Gregory Helms at No Way Out for his Wrestlemania spot, but there's still plenty of unanswered questions when it comes to the 2007 Royal Rumble winner. With Helms and Sylvan both expected to be at Raw tonight, what will their actions be?

Jeff Hardy will defend his Intercontinental Championship against rising star, Kenny Dykstra, and Candice & Paul Burchill will team up against Johnny Nitro & Melina. A week after her shock loss to Kelly Kelly in the contender's match, will Melina bounce back with a win against one of her many rivals to the women's gold?

In a huge match, Rated RKO will pair up to take on the World's Greatest Tag Team in hopes of reclaiming the World Tag Title two weeks after losing it in a shock result. But are Randy Orton and Edge on the same page?

Plus Ric Flair will respond to last week's epic victory over The Great Khali, Kevin Nash will undoubtedly be on hand to explain his involvement in the feud between Donald Trump & Vince McMahon, and John Cena will comment on the complicated contender's scene as he heads into Wrestlemania.

ecw_sm.jpg

ECW on Sci-Fi Preview

Carlito's arrival in ECW has certainly caused a lot of waves, and he'll face the toughest challenge in his young ECW career when he clashes with CM Punk and Rob Van Dam in this week's huge main event. The two are both in the title scene, and one of them will walk out of this week's episode of ECW on Sci-Fi with bragging rights in the war to decide who will face Lashley at No Way Out. With RVD already having won a contender's match, a victory here would almost certainly seal his spot at the pay-per-view.

The Murder of Crows swelled last week with the addition of Kevin Thorn, but it's Cassidy Riley and Minion in action this week as the team up against Little Guido and Chuck Palumbo. Can the FBI halt the Murder? Or will they too fall prey to its winning ways?

Plus we'll see Rene Dupree make his in ring return against Elijah Burke, and Marquis Cor Van gets an opportunity to make a real impression when he takes on Bobby Lashley in a non title match. A win here could cement Cor Van as a real contender to the gold. ECW has also made some signings during the week - who will debut on this week's episode of ECW on Sci-Fi? Tune in to find out!

1257498.jpg

Smackdown Preview

Kane may have lost out to Shawn Michaels last week, but Theodore Long's given him a chance to reclaim his pride when he takes on Gregory Helms one on one this week. Will The Big Red Machine finally get revenge on the man who eliminated him from the Royal Rumble?

Also, Batista and Undertaker clashed last week during their tag match. With Batista set to put the title on the line against anyone game to step into the ring with him, will the Dead Man call in his title shot early? Or will some other ambitious Smackdown superstar step up to make the challenge?

Matt Morgan & Mark Jindrak have made quite an impact since arriving on Smackdown, and this week they get a chance to clash with the tag champions in a non title bout at the request of London & Kendrick. Can the champions score a measure of revenge against the team that has dogged their every move? In another tag match, King Booker will team up with sometime ally, William Regal to take on ECW's CM Punk and Smackdown superstar, Matt Hardy. Who will gain a valuable psychological advantage in the pair's current war?

Plus we'll see Finlay in action against Gangrel and a collosal four way Cruiserweight Title match that will see Shannon Moore defend his gold against Matt 'Ultimate Warrior' Striker, The Miz, and Jimmy Wang Yang. The challengers just keep lining up - can Moore stand the heat?

Edited by Misanthrope

The rules that Misanthrope succeeded in this time were as follows:

1- David Heath must be promoted. He must reprise his Gangrel character. He can NOT be assigned to ECW.

2- Finlay must be turned face.

Wow, Gangrel was really a suprise, and it will be interesting to see him and the Boogeyman teaming up. As for Finlay's face turn, it was a bit...meh IMO. Him just coming aout and helping someone he has been feuding with just because he had his match interfered in is a bit weak. I'm not sure how I'd have done it, but still I wasn't a fan.

As for Finlay's face turn, it was a bit...meh IMO. Him just coming aout and helping someone he has been feuding with just because he had his match interfered in is a bit weak. I'm not sure how I'd have done it, but still I wasn't a fan.
Edited by Misanthrope

The rules that Misanthope followed at this time were as follows:

-Umaga must change shows (I required it through the draft, but Misanthrope cleared this plan with me otherwise.)

-Chris Masters must turn face.

I'm sorry. I just can't seem to buy a Chris Masters face turn. Everything about him screams "I'm a bad guy"
Edited by Misanthrope

The rules that Misanthrope succeeded with (and there were a lot here):

-After WSX released Matt Sydal, Misanthrope had to hire him and assign him to ECW.

-Mike Bucci had to be reactivated and assigned to ECW.

-After WSX released B-Boy, Misanthrope had to hire him and assign him to ECW.

-Chuck Palumbo must be promoted. He must be assigned to ECW and pushed as the new partner of Little Guido in the FBI.

-Elijah Burke must be transferred to ECW and made a Wrestler.

Misanthrope has successfully achieved his first "five rule show" and as such will receive a reward at a later date.

topbanner.jpg

No Way Out Poster Revealed!

The WWE's upcoming No Way Out poster has recently been shipped to PPV carriers, and we can exclusively reveal it here. Click the spoiler tag below to see:

nowayout3qb4.jpg

Dusty Rhodes In Rehab?

It is believed that the WWE have had to check Dusty Rhodes into an exclusive weight loss camp after he was discovered in his apartment passed out beneath what one insider described as 'a mountain' of donut boxes. Rumour has it that Rhodes was up to over a dozen boxes of the powdered variety a day, and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. While 'The American Dream' is fine, he will be removed from the WWE Booking team until his problem is under control.

Wrestlemania Rumblings

While nothing is set in stone as of yet, a number of prospective matches for Wrestlemania have been discussed by the WWE booking team. The current card under consideration includes:

Batista vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena vs. Gregory Helms for the WWE Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan vs. Kevin Nash

Lashley vs. Carlito for the ECW Title

MITB III - Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. CM Punk vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Marquis Cor Van vs. Chris Benoit

However, several of these matches will be affected by the outcome of clashes at No Way Out. If The Undertaker defeats Batista at No Way Out, it is unlikely that the WWE will do a rematch at Wrestlemania. Likewise, if Shawn Michaels ends up going over Gregory Helms (and with his ego, that's also a distinct possibility) - the Raw main event will also change.

And, of course, with Vince McMahon's 'input' in booking despite his mental status - all of these could be changed on a whim.

Goldberg in Negotations with WWE?

Despite the relative disaster of his last WWE run and his parting on bad terms with the company, word is that Bill Goldberg is currently being contacted with regards to a possible return for the former WCW superstar. Goldberg's last run ended with a forgettable encounter with Brock Lesnar, but with a new look WWE main event scene, Goldberg would have fresh feuds. Goldberg has apparently expressed interest in working a program with Umaga - as well as a feud with John Cena.

Sting Leaving TNA

Sting has asked for a release from his TNA contract due to family reasons. Steve Borden, who has been with TNA for a year now, has stated that while he has enjoyed working in TNA and has a great love of the product - his heart just isn't in the business anymore. He has announced his retirement from professional wrestling, and is expected to job to Samoa Joe in the upcoming PPV event.