Extreme Championship Wrestling 2001

411wrestling.com

Ratings are in for the debut ECW on ESPN2, and ECW on ESPN2 preview for this week.

The ratings are in, and they are pretty good. ECW on ESPN2 got a 1.03 Neilson rating. Much better then what Paul Heyman and the critics were expecting.

Recap of the debut of ECW on ESPN2:

Diamond & Swinger defeated York & Matthews when CW Anderson came in and interfered on Diamond & Swingers part.

Rhino defeated. Tommy Dreamer to retain to ECW World Television Championship

Rob Van Dam defeated. Scotty Anton

Next weeks preview is up at ECWwrestling.com..

ECW on ESPN2

Last week was the debut of ECW on ESPN2, and it was something special. The Return on Rob Van Dam, The Unholy Alliance declaring war on the ECW Tag Team division, a wrestling talent executive from ESPN but it’s NOT Cyrus, and Scotty Anton coming out to Jerry Lynn’s music to answer RVD’s Open Challenge. ..What is going to happen this week on ECW on ESPN2?!

***Main Event***

Steve Corino & Scotty Anton versus Rob Van Dam & a partner of his choice

-Steve Corino and Rob Van Dam had a heated confrontation last week to open the show, which ended up with Steve Corino taking out Rob Van Dam with his ECW World Heavyweight Championship title. And Scotty Anton answered The Whole F'n Show's challenge, and ended up losing. But after the match RVD offered to burry the hatchet, when it seemed like Anton was going to burry the hatchet. He DDT'd Rob Van Dam after shaking his hand! Steve Corino came out after the match and taunted the laid out RVD. Rob Van Dam wants a piece of Steve Corino and Scotty Anton. Rob Van Dam demanded the match and said, "I will either find myself a tag team partner, or I will take them both on!"

Tag Team Match

The Unholy Alliance(Mikey Whipwreck & Yoshihiro Tajiri) versus El Maximo's(Jose & Joel Maximo)

-The Sinister Minister's Unholy Alliance declared war on the ECW Tag Team Division last week. This week The Unholy Alliance will face off with the new-comers El Maximo's. Can The Unholy Alliance live up to their promise?

Three Way Dance

Super Crazy versus AJ Styles versus EZ Money

- AJ Styles put on an impressive showing last week on Hardcore TV against Jerry Lynn, but lost the match. So this week AJ Styles will get thrown in the ring with "The Insano Luchadore" Super F'n Crazy, and EZ Money of the Hot Commodity in a Three Way Dance to see what he can do.

Paul Heyman and Justin Credible will also be in the house!

-ECWwrestling.com

Only at 411wrestling.com will you find news like this!

Paul Heyman: BASTARDS! FUCKING BASTARDS! FUCK YOU ERIC BISHOFF!

Me and Tommy hear Paul screaming from the top of his lungs. We storm in his office.

Me & Tommy: What Paul?! What happened?!

Paul Heyman: I just got a call...

Pause.

Paul Heyman: I just got a call from Tajiri and...the fucking chink signed with WCW!

Tommy Dreamer: Calm down Paul. Don't call Tajiri a chink, he did what he thought was right.

Paul Heyman: What he thought was right? We were in the process of putting Tajiri in a big storyline, and he goes off and signs with WCW.

Paul, by this time is up and pacing around.

Tommy Dreamer: There has to be somebody that can replace Tajiri. I'm certain of it.

Paul Heyman: Of course, we can always replace him. But it wont be the same Unholy Alliance. That's the problem...

Tommy Dreamer: Well....lets start naming the possibilities and work from there.

I'm standing in the corner thinking, I finally break my silence.

Me: I know somebody who could replace him...

Paul & Tommy: Who?

Me: This man can play a dark character and would fit in with the Unholy Alliance like a hand in a glove. His name is...

Fade to black.

Edited by Disturbed

...um, if you're going to use colors to identify people, use some god damned consistency.

The first show wasn't all that bad. Nothing really stood out as great, but at the same time nothing really stood out as terrible either. However, you should make sure you stop using "threw" instead of "through". Other than that, I have to say I cringed at the thought of yet another CM Punk/Sandman feud being started in an 21st century ECW diary. It always follows the same formula...Punk jumps Sandman, bitches about being straight edge/abusive father, Sandman fights back, pours beer down Punk's throat, big feud ender. Obviously with a match or two thrown in here and there for good measure. Who knows, maybe you'll somehow go a different route? Also, this new Unholy Alliance guy...I pray to Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Buddah, Ra, and The Easter Bunny that it's not someone highly predictable like Daniels or Vampiro.

Still, I'll be keeping an eye out on this as it does look like it could be a decent little diary, and I'm interested to see who you're gonna slide into the wrestling talent executive role.

Edited by Xero Gravity

• 1 month later...

Extreme Championship Wrestling on ESPN2

Episode 2

Location: Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, New York

The show opens up with the ECW on ESPN2 video with ‘This is Extreme!’ by Harry and The Slashtones. The video ends with “This…is extreme!’ Then a video plays showing the confrontation between the ECW World Heavyweight Champion - Steve Corino and Rob Van Dam. Then it shows clips of the RVD/Scotty Anton match and ends with Steve Corino standing over the fallen RVD holding the ECW World Heavyweight Champion high in the air and Joey Styles saying “Tonight, Steve Corino and Scotty Anton take on Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing,.”

(55%)

We join Joey Styles and Joel Gertner at the announcers booth.

Joey Styles: Welcome to ECW on ESPN2! I’m Joey Styles and next to me is…

Joel Gertner takes the microphone away from Joey.

Joel Gertner: And I am “The Quintessential Studmuffin” Joel “The man who's phone number is on your girlfriends speed-dial, because she loves the way I *69 her” Gertner….

Joel hands the microphone back to Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: And tonight we, at ECW have a jam packed show for all you watching at home. We kick off tonight’s show with a Three Way Dance! We head to ring as all three men have already had their entrances.

The camera cuts back to the ring as AJ Styles, EZ Money and Super Crazy are already in the ring waiting for the bell to ring.

1st Match: Three Way Dance

AJ Styles versus Super Crazy versus EZ Money

The bell sounds as the match starts. AJ Styles and EZ Money double team Super Crazy. Super Crazy tries to fight back but to no avail. Money and Styles beat down Super Crazy and hit a couple of high flying double team moves. Money throws Super Crazy out of the ring and Styles jumps EZ Money from behind. EZ Money and AJ Styles go at it for a while, hitting some high flying moves on each other. But they both get taken down by Super Crazy hitting a springboard dropkick on both men. Super Crazy goes to work on the rookie - AJ Styles. Super Crazy takes advantage of this and no matter what Styles does, Super Crazy is one step ahead of him. EZ Money recovers and takes down Super Crazy from behind. Then he proceeds to work on AJ Styles. EZ Money hit’s the Bank Roll(Double Underhook Brainbuster) on the stunned AJ Styles, and covers him. 1..2...3

“AJ Styles has been eliminated!”

AJ Styles exit’s the ring and heads towards the back. EZ Money and Super Crazy begin to wrestle. They execute some nice reversals on each other, ending in a stand off. The fans applaud the two wrestlers. EZ Money and Super Crazy lock up, with Money taking the upper hand. EZ Money takes down Super Crazy and goes for the pin. 1..2..kickout. EZ Money then picks up Super Crazy by the hair. Super Crazy fights back with a series of kicks and drops EZ Money to the mat with a dropkick. Super Crazy then hit a moonsault off the top rope on EZ Money. Super Crazy then goes for a pin, 1..2..kickout. Super Crazy and EZ Money go at it with no body getting the upper hand. Until Super Crazy hit’s the Trifecta on EZ Money. EZ Money is down on the mat Super Crazy goes up on the top rope and executes the Tornillo Mortal(Corkscrew Moonsault). And Super Crazy pins EZ Money for the 3 count and wins the match-up.

Winner: Super Crazy

(65%, 45%, 85%)

EZ Money exit’s the ring and heads towards the back as the referee raises Super Crazies arm declaring him the winner. After a few minutes of receiving applauds from the fans, Super Crazy exit’s the ring and heads toward the back.

*Commercial Break*

We come back from the commercial break and join Joey Styles and Joel Gertner in the announcers booth.

Joey Styles: AJ Styles cant ever get a break. He was defeated last week by Jerry Lynn on Hardcore TV, and this week his was eliminated first in the Three Way Dance.

Joel Gertner: Maybe he just isn’t cut out for ECW. Not many people are. He needs to get a fire lit under his ass if he wants to make it here…Ya kn--

The guitar riff from “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” plays over the loud speaker. And the singing kicks in.

“Nothing breeds more contempt for this world than memories now formed every moment a new seed is grown to no reason the

Trouble unfolds for the trials of today..”

The camera cuts to entrance way and Justin Credible with Francine step out from the back. Just Credible is with his Singapore Cane. He raises it above his head as Francine claps for him. Fans boo. Justin Credible and Francine make their way to the ring. Justin Credible helps Francine into the ring. Justin Credible taunts for a couple of minutes before getting a microphone.

Justin Credible: You know…I’ve busted my ass for the company. I’m a former ECW World Heavyweight Champion, and I demand that I get the proper respect I deserve!

Francine claps, and agrees with what Justin Credible is saying. The fans boo him.

Justin Credible: Shut the f(bleep) up!

Fans boo Justin Credible. They don’t like being told “Shut The Fuck Up!”

Justin Credible: I’ve ripped barbed wire out of my skin, I’ve bled, I’ve done every thing to please you fans and what do I get?

Pause.

Justin Credible: NOTHING! Absolutely nothing. I don’t even get booked on the god damn card! I’m an Impact Player! I deserve to have a f(bleep)cking match! Better yet, I deserve to have a shot at what was once mine. The ECW…WORLD...Heavyweight…Championship!

Man In The Box by Alice In Chains begins to play. Tommy Dreamer has head enough of Justin Credible! Tommy Dreamer steps out from behind the curtain. Fans wildly cheer for Tommy Dreamer. Tommy makes his way down the ring.

Justin Credible: What the hell do you want Dreamer?

Tommy gets handed a microphone from ringside.

Tommy Dreamer: I just wanted to come down here and say ‘Hello.’

Justin Credible: You wanted to come down here and say… ‘Hello?’

Tommy Dreamer: Yeah…that’s right.

Justin Credible and Francine have a weird look on their faces.

Justin Credible: Are you kiddin--

Tommy Dreamer: OH YEAH! Now I remember why I came down here. Sorry, that piledriver through the table last week has thrown me out of whack… You say that you have ripped barbed wire out of your skin and bled for these fans? Well I’m sorry to inform you Justin Credible, but I’ve been doing that since 19 f(bleep)ckin 3! You have to give these fans the best every time you step into the ring.

Justin Credible: Tommy, I DO give these pathetic fans a performance of a lifetime, EVERYTIME! I’m a former World Heavyweight Champion, I even kicked your ass 18 minutes after you won the damn thing! I’m “The Hardcore Icon”, I’ve beat you down so many times, what makes you think I would want to fight you again?

Tommy Dreamer: Well Justin, if your bitching about not being on the card. I guess your looking for a fight. So lets go, RIGHT NOW!

Justin Credible: Whoa, whoa! Calm down Dreamer. Chill…Lets do this next week.

Tommy Dreamer: Alright, sounds like a match…

WHAM! Justin drops the microphone and nails Tommy Dreamer with the Singapore Cane! Justin Credible keeps hitting and hitting Tommy Dreamer. Once Justin Credible is done beating down Tommy Dreamer he picks up the microphone.

Justin Credible: NEXT WEEK DREAMER! YOU AND ME! ONE ON ONE!

Pause.

Justin Credible: And now THAT is how you make an IMPACT! And that wasn’t just the coolest… that just wasn’t the best… that was JUST. IN. CREDIBLE!

Justin Credible drops the microphone and raises his Singapore Cane over his head. We go to another commercial break.

(67%)

*Commercial Break*

(Voices by Disturbed plays in the background, going along with clips of some high impact moves over the last year. ‘SHOT! Are you breathin‘?! SHOT! Are you breathin‘? No! No!’) LIVE on Pay Per View…ECW Guilty As Charged! January 21, 2001 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City!)

We return from the commercial break, The Sinister Minister and Mikey Whipwreck are in the ring. The Sinister Minister has a microphone in his hand, he raises the microphone to his lips and begins to speak.

Sinister Minister: As you all have heard. Yoshihiro Tajiri has betrayed The Unholy Alliance…Yoshihiro Tajiri has betrayed us and signed a contract with WCW.

Fans boo at hearing WCW.

Sinister Minister: I’ve been asked “Is the Unholy Alliance still declaring war on the ECW Tag Team Division? Is the Unholy Alliance retreating?” And the answer is No. This is a crusade, you don’t back down from a crusade. When one of your soldiers betrays you and joins the enemy, what do you do? You find more soldiers to fill the void…

Pause.

Sinister Minister: Tonight I have found a substitute for Yoshihiro Tajiri, but he is not his replacement. This man will substitute for Yoshihiro Tajiri until I get done doing some “soul” searching, if you catch my drift.

The Sinister Minister does his demonic laugh, but he stops after a minute and speaks again.

Sinister Minister: Currently my neighbor in the darkest depths of Hell…Vampiro!

“Play With Me” by ICP begins to play. Vamprio comes out from the back with his dreadlocks and face paint. The Sinister Minister does his evil laugh as Vampiro makes his way down to the ring. Vamprio gets into the ring and shakes hands with The Sinister Minister. “Play With Me” fades to nothing. Some Latin music begins to play over the loud speaker and El Maximo’s rush the ring.

2nd Match: Tag Team Match

The Unholy Alliance(Mikey Whipwreck & Vampiro) versus El Maximo’s (Jose & Joel Maximo)

Vampiro and Jose started out this tag team match up. Jose gets the upper hand with his quickness, which is something Vampiro lacks. We see Jose put out a string of good technical and high flying moves on Vamprio. Jose is really working Vampiro with his speed. Vampiro gets frustrated and kicks Jose in the groin and tags out to Mikey Whipwreck. Jose is down, holding his groin. Joel comes in and hits Mikey with a clothesline. The Sinister Minister is banging on the mat and yelling at his team. Mikey and Joel gel pretty well together, as they are pretty impressive against each other.

Mikey gets the upper hand on Joel(who came in illegally, but it’s ECW. There are no rules!) Jose is finally up and standing on the apron, in his corner. Mikey hit’s a Tornado DDT on Joel and goes for the pin but gets a 2 count. Mikey tags out to Vampiro. Vampiro comes in goes to pick up Joel, but Joel kicks Vampiro in the gut. Vampiro stumbles back and falls to the outside. Joel gets up, and slingshot himself over the top rope and on top of Vampiro.

Jose and Mikey come into the ring and start fighting each other. Jose hit’s a Hurricanrana on Mikey and goes for the pin. Mikey kicks out at 1. The two go at it again at fast rate. Meanwhile, Vampiro and Joel are brawling around the ring. The Sinister Minister hands Vamprio a chair. Vampiro just throws the chair at Joel and hits him in the face. Vampiro goes over and picks up the chair and beats Joel with it. Then, Vampiro enters the ring and smashes Jose with a chair from behind, who was going at it with Mikey. Vampiro tells Mikey to get a table. Mikey exit’s the ring and pulls out a table from under the ring. He slides the table in the ring. Vampiro sets it up in front on the turnbuckle. Vampiro grabs Jose and sets him up in the corner, with the help from Mikey. Vampiro executes the Super Nail In The Coffin(Top Rope Michinoku Driver II). Vampiro covers Jose and gets the 3 count for the win.

Winners: The Unholy Alliance

“Play With Me” by ICP begins to play. The Sinister Minister enters the ring and commands Mikey to drag Joel in the ring and Piledrive him onto the chair. Mikey gives a sadistic smile. He gets out of the ring and rolls Joel in the ring. Then Vampiro picks up Joel and head butts him a couple of times. Mikey gets back in the ring, grab a hold of Joel, puts Joels head in-between his legs, and Piledrives him onto the chair. Joel is busted open. El Maximo’s are laying motionless in a ring of carnage. You can hear the Sinister Minister do his demonic laugh as he raises the arms of Vampiro and Mikey Whipwreck. The trio exit the ring and head towards the back, with the damage done.

(67%, 48%, 86%)

"This is Extreme!" by Harry and Slashtones plays over the sound system. Paul Heyman comes out from the back with a microphone in hand. He climbs into the ring and begins to talk.

Paul Heyman: I hope you all are enjoying tonight’s episode of ECW on ESPN2. Because up next we have our Main Event match up for tonight. Steve Corino and his partner Scotty Anton take on Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choice. But before the Main Event gets started I would like to address the current situation of the ESPN Talent Executive.

Paul Heyman: Now, I’ve read the rumor mills on the internet and heard all the gossip. I’ve heard “It’s Dusty Rhodes!” “It’s Dory Funk Jr.!” “It’s Bob Armstrong!” and I’ve even heard “It’s Harley Race.”

Pause.

Paul Heyman: To clear up all that bullshit, it’s none of those men. The ESPN Talent Executive is going to revealed at Guilty as Charged at The Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. …As for you Cyrus, you will be doing the colour commentary for the Pay Per View. Because I want to see the look on your face when this ESPN Talent Executive makes his debut to ECW. He might be a former WWF World Champion, or he could be a former WCW World Champion. Or maybe, he could even be somebody already employed by ECW. But you wont know until Guilty As Charged, so Cyrus…just to let you know. If you show up on ECW on ESPN2, I will have you thrown out of the building and you will not be doing colour commentary at the Pay Per View. You will be fired from ECW, so let me repeat myself. Just so you understand…

Pause.

Paul Heyman: Cyrus, if you show up before Guilty As Charged, your ass is fired! Do I make myself clear? I damn well hope so. But, please for the people watching at home. Thank you for your time, and enjoy tonight’s Main Event.

Paul exits the ring and heads towards the back. The camera cuts to Joey Styles and Joel Gertner.

(84%)

Joey Styles: He could be a former World Champion from WWF or WCW?! Or he could even be employed already by ECW? This is crazy!

Joel Gertner: Yeah I know Joey Styles. I was asked to take the job, since I appeal to the 18-24 Female demographic and everything. But I had to turn it down…I couldn’t be have the hassle of being a Talent Executive, doing commentary AND making you look good all in one night.

Joey Styles: You make me look good? I make myself look good!

Joel Gertner: Yeah, okay Joey Styles. Think what you will, but when I leave you. You are going to fall apart…

Joey Styles: I was doing commentary all by myself before you came along!

Joel Gertner: Yeah, and when I came along, buy-rates and TV ratings went through the roof!

Joey Styles: Jesus Christ, lets just get to the main event shall we?

Joel Gertner: Not until you say, “Joel Gertner brings the ratings.”

Joey Styles: NO! I will not say that!

Joel Gertner: Fine then. I guess we’ll be here all night and there will be no main event…

Joey Styles doesn’t say anything for a couple of minutes.

Joel Gertner: Welllll Joey? Are you going to say it or not?

Joey crosses his arms in disgust. And says it a low voice.

Joey Styles: ….joel gertner brings in the ratings….

Joel Gertner: What’s that Joey Styles?

Joey Styles: You heard me! I said it! Now lets get on with the Main Event!

Joel Gertner: Alright! I guess we can get on with the main event….

Joey Styles: Good! Hopefully we don’t run out of time because of your stunt!

Joel Gertner: My stunt? You’re the one who’s still talking Joey Styles…

The camera cuts back to the ring. You can hear Joey Styles and Joel Gertner still bickering with each other. But they stop bickering when ‘Welcome Burden’ by Disturbed, Steve Corino’s theme song begins to play. Steve Corino and Scotty Anton come out from behind the curtain. Steve Corino has the ECW World Heavyweight Championship around his waist with a smug smirk on his face. Scotty Anton does The Clap. They receive some good heat from the crowd. They start to walk down the aisle and Jack Victory follows behind them. They make their way down the aisle and into the ring. They taunt the crowd for a couple of minutes.

RE! SPECT! WALK! WHAT’AYA SAY?

‘Walk’ hit’s the sound system and fans go crazy for the Whole Fuckin Show. Rob Van Dam steps out from the back with his manager - Bill Alfonso by his side. Rob Van Dam does his usual entrance, full of thumb poses and taunting. ‘Walk’ fades to nothing as people are waiting for Rob Van Dam’s tag team partner. But Van Dam doesn’t wait for his partner and he goes after Corino and Anton. Rob Van Dam gets the upper hand on the two but eventually the numbers game catches up with him.

The drums of Truth by Megadeth kick in over the sound system and Jerry Lynn runs out from the back. He slides in the ring and fights off Steve Corino and Scotty Anton to the outside of the ring. The Main Event is about ready to begin!

Joey Styles: OH MY GOD! JERRY LYNN! JERRY LYNN IS ROB VAN DAMS TAG TEAM PARTNER!

***Main Event***

Tag Team Match

Steve Corino & Scotty Anton versus Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lynn

Joey Styles: Jerry Lynn is man enough to burry to hatchet with Rob Van Dam, I don’t see why Scotty Anton cant. Anton and Van Dam have been best friends since they were children! What has provoked Scotty Anton to turn his back on his best friend? Is it because he is jealous of what Rob Van Dam has accomplished?!

Joel Gertner: I don’t know Joey Styles. We’ll never know until Scotty Anton decides to explain himself…

This was a great way to end ECW on ESPN2. This match was full of good wrestling, and a really pulled in the fans. Jerry Lynn and Steve Corino started out this main event tag team match-up. The two put together a good series of technical maneuvers on each other. Jerry Lynn Irish Whips Steve Corino into the ropes, Corino rebounds and Lynn hits Corino in the chest with a dropkick. Lynn goes for the pin, but it’s broken up Anton at 2. Anton starts to stomp on Jerry Lynn, but Rob Van Dam comes to the aid of Jerry Lynn and nails Anton with a Spinning Heel Kick. Anton rolls out of the ring and Van Dam returns to his corner. Lynn and Corino make it to their feet and go at it again. Steve Corino gets Lynn and throws over the top rope. Steve Corino slides under the bottom rope, Corino and Lynn start to brawl around the ring.

Since Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn are brawling around the ring. Rob Van Dam and Scotty Anton get in the ring and start wrestling each other. Van Dam is taking it to Scotty Anton for what he did last week. Van Dam tears up Scotty Anton with kick after kick. Van Dam finally drops Anton with a dropkick. Van Dam follows up with a spinning leg drop. Van Dam then get up and does his thumb pose.

While Van Dam is beating the shit out of Anton in the ring. Corino has got Lynn mounted on the guard rail and super kicks him in a jaw. Lynn falls backwards into the crowd, holding his jaw. A fan starts to hassle Corino, screaming insults to Corino.

Fan: Fuck You Steve!

Steve Corino: That’s what your Mom was saying to me last night! Instead it was ooo fuck me Steve, fuck me Steve!

Steve laughs. Jerry Lynn is leaning over the guardrail. Steve grabs Lynn’s head and flips him over the guard rail and begins to stomp on him. Corino picks up a chair, and goes to hit Jerry Lynn with it. But Rob Van Dam comes flying into the picture, kicking the chair into Corino’s face. Saving his partner from more of a beating. Van Dam helps Lynn up. They pick up Steve Corino and roll him into the ring.

The match returns to normal. Van Dam squares off against Steve Corino, with Anton and Lynn in their respective corners. Corino and Van Dam battle it out in the ring. Van Dam gets the upper-hand with a spinning heel kick. Steve Corino is down, Anton gets off the apron, grabs a chair and gets in the ring. Scotty Anton charges at Rob Van Dam. But Jerry Lynn rushes in and dropkicks Scotty Anton for the save. Jerry Lynn picks up the chair, tosses it at Steve Corino, who catches the chair. But then Rob Van Dam kicks the chair into Steve Corino’s face. Rob Van Dam goes for the pin but it is broken up by Scotty Anton. Jerry Lynn goes to hit Anton but Anton moves and grabs Lynn’s arm, he pulls in Lynn and hit’s a DDT. Anton gets up and dances around doing “The Clap”. But only to get kicked by Rob Van Dam out of the ring. Steve Corino sneaks up behind Rob Van Dam and rolls him up, holding Van Dam’s wrestling suite. 1...2.…3.

Winner(s): Steve Corino and Scotty Anton

(71%, 62%, 81%)

Steve Corino rolls out of the ring quickly and grabs his ECW World Heavyweight Championship and heads towards the back holding his championship high in the air. Bill Alfonso gets in the ring and starts arguing with the referee. Rob Van Dam gets on the turnbuckle and stares down Steve Corino, who has a big smirk on his face as he stole the win. The show ends with Steve Corino having a evil smirk on his face with the ECW World Heavyweight Championship resting on his shoulder.

“Copyright ECW 2001. Extreme Championship Wrestling Inc. All Rights Reserved.”

Overall: 68%

(Yeeeah, it's been a while. But I've decided to continue this diary. I had this show 94% written up and I saw it today and I decided to finish it and continue with this diary. I'm going to be doing some changes with the write ups of the ECW on ESPN2, but the PPVs will be a full write up. Anyways, thanks for reading.)

Hardcore TV

Little Guido defeated. Bilvis Wesley after interference from Sal E. Graziano, and then afterwards a Two on One beat down on Wesley.

(40%, 21%, 59%)

A video plays hyping the Tommy Dreamer versus Justin Credible match for next week on ECW on ESPN2.

(64%)

Another video plays showing the Unholy Alliance's War on the ECW Tag Team Division.

(66%)

CW Anderson defeated. Balls Mahoney with a nasty Superkick to Balls. CW Anderson poses on the turnbuckle after his win.

(60%, 50%, 70%)

A video hyping the Rob Van Dam/Steve Corino fued.

(68%)

Overall: 61%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 1/17/2001

ECW on ESPN2 got a .95 Neilson Rating. Down from last week, but still a solid number. ESPN2 is happy so far with ECW. Hardcore TV recieved .15 Neilson Rating.

With Guilty As Charged 2001 winding down, some matches should be announced on Friday.

Also, WWF's Royal Rumble was on Pay Per View last Sunday.

1.64 PPV buy rate for the Royal Rumble. The Royal Rumble was attended by 16,731 people.

--411wrestling.com

Date: 1/19

Nova versus Rhino in a Non-Title Match up

The Full Blooded Italians(Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke w/ Sal E. Graziano) versus Danny Doring and Roadkill in a Non-Title Match up

Justin Credible w/ "The Queen of Extreme" Francine versus Tommy Dreamer

***Main Event***

Steve Corino versus The Sandman

With this being the last ECW on ESPN2 before Guilty As Charged, expect things to heat up. Tune in at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Pacific Time for Extreme Championship Wrestling on the EXTREME Sports Network, ESPN2!

--ecwwrestling.com

Edited by Disturbed

• 2 weeks later...

Date: 1/19/01

Episode 3

“This is Extreme!” by Harry and The Slashtones plays with the ECW intro video playing. Showing clips of all the high impact spots that have happened in the last year. The video ends with Rob Van Dam hitting the 5 Star Frog Splash and you can hear “This....IS EXTREME!!!”

We join Joey Styles and Joel Gertner at the Crow's Nest to kick off this show.

Joey Styles: Hello everybody and WELCOME to Extreme Championship Wrestling on ESPN2. The EXTREME sports network. I'm Joey Styles and next to me is my broadcast partner - Joel Gertner!

Joel Gertner: Ahem Joey Styles. It's “The Quintessential Stud Muffin” Joel Gertner…

Joey Styles: (pause)…Anyways, tonight is the last ECW on ESPN2 before the pay-per-view - Guilty As Charged! Guilty As Charged is this Sunday on Pay Per View, DON'T MISS IT!

Joel Gertner: Wow Joey…Wow…

Joey Styles: What?!

Joel Gertner: You did that wrong, so wrong…

Joey Styles: Oh really?!

Joel Gertner: Yes really! Let me show you how it is done, Joey Styles.

Joel Gertner pushes Joey Styles out of our view.

Joel Gertner: On Sunday…January 21 on Pay Per View…ECW presents Guilty As Charged! The only wrestling pay per view where you will see the best hard hitting action in professional wrestling today! Starting at 9 PM Eastern Pacific Time!

Joey Styles comes back into the view of everybody at home.

Joel Gertner: THAT…is how you plug a pay per view...And you used to be SO good at plugging pay per views. What you did was poor Joey, Paul Heyman should fire you for that piss poor plug...

Joey Styles: Well I’m having an off day....

Joel Gertner: So does that mean that I get to call the matches tonight? Since your having an off day and everything?

Joey Styles: NO WAY JOSE!

Joel Gertner looks confused.

Joel Gertner: …It's Joel…My name is Joel…

Joey Styles: Yeah, I know.

Joel Gertner: Well then why did you call me Jose?

Joey Styles: Listen, we have a television show to do. I'll explain it to you later…

"One Step Closer" by Linkin Park hit's the sound system here in Trenton. Out comes Nova, sporting a Green Lantern outfit for this match-up tonight. Fans cheer loudly for Nova here in Trenton, New Jersey. Nova slides under the bottom rope. He gets up and poses on the top turnbuckle for the fans.

"Debonaire" by Dope hit's the sound system. And out storms Rhino from the back with the ECW World Television Championship resting on his shoulder. Rhino charges the ring and begins to attack Nova and the bell sounds.

1st Match:

Nova versus Rhino, Non-Title

Match Summary: This was pretty much a squash match. Rhino dominated Nova and beat the shit out of him. Nova tried to fight back, but to no avail. Rhino just kept on pounding him. Once Nova was down and out, instead of going for the pin. Rhino went to the outside and searched under the ring for a Table. He found one and slid it into the ring. Rhino got back into the ring and set up the Table in the corner. Nova tried to fight back, but Rhino just answered with a vicious clothesline. Rhino gets in the corner opposite from where the Table is set up and waits for Nova. Rhino just stares at Nova, screaming “Get Up Bitch! Get The Fuck Up!” Nova finally finds his way to his feet and Rhino just charges, and Gore! Gore! Gore! Nova goes through the Table. Rhino drags Nova out of the wreckage to the center of the ring and pins Nova. 1...2...3. Rhino dominates this match.

Winner by Pinfall: “The Big F’n Deal” Rhino

Aftermath: Rhino picks up Nova and gives him a RhinoDriver. Rhino gets close to Nova’s face and starts screaming “YOU DON'T HAVE SHIT ON ME NOVA! NOBDOY IN ECW HAS SHIT ON ME! IM THE BIG FUCKIN DEAL, AND NOBODY HAS FUCKIN SHIT ON ME!”

(66, 57, 76)

Joey Styles: Rhino just dominated Nova with ease!

Joel Gertner: They don't call Rhino the “Big F'n Deal” for nothing Joey Styles.

Joey Styles: Well up next we have a tag team match between the F.B.I and the ECW Tag Team Champions Danny Doring and Roadkill!

**Commercial Break**

"Stayin’ Alive" by N-Trance begins to play. Tony Mamaluke comes out first from behind the curtain, followed by Sal E. Graziano with Little Guido riding on his shoulders. They walk down to the ring doing the Italian version of ‘Fuck You’ to the crowd. The Trenton crowd boos the F.B.I. Sal E. gets to the ring and Little Guido just gets off his shoulders and stands outside the ropes. Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido get in the ring and start playing with the fans.

"Super Bon Bon" by Soul Coughing plays and the ECW Tag Team Champions come out getting a nice ovation from the crowd here in Trenton, New Jersey. Danny Doring has his Tag Team belt around his waist and Roadkill has his resting on his shoulder. The two make there way to the ring only to be confronted by Sal E. Graziano.

2nd Match:

The Full Blooded Italians versus Danny Doring and Roadkill, Non-Title

Match Summary: The Tag Team Champions are confronted by Sal E. Graziano. Roadkill and Danny Doring try to stand toe to toe with the big 600 pound monster. Sal E. clubs Danny Doring in the head and he goes down. Roadkill start hitting Sal E. Graziano with punches. Left and Right. But Sal E. just clubs Roadkill and he goes down. Sal E. picks up Roadkill and rolls him into the ring, and then he picks up Danny Doring and rolls him into the ring too. The bell sounds as this match is officially underway. Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido start stomping on the Tag Team Champions. The referee tries to get this match under control but the F.B.I doesn’t listen. But come on, this is ECW. There are no rules!

Mamaluke tries to go for a pin on Roadkill but he kicks out with ease., throwing Tony Mamaluke off of him. Roadkill and Danny Doring fight back and get the upper hand on the F.B.I. The match goes back and forth between the two teams. Sal E. Graziano tries to interfere but he gets on the apron and gets kicked off by Roadkill. Danny Doring and Roadkill pick up the victory when Roadkill hit’s the Dirt Road Slam on Little Guido. Roadkill just lays on top of Little Guido and gets the pinfall.

Winners by Pinfall: Danny Doring and Roadkill

(65, 46, 84)

Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke slowly roll out of the ring and head towards the back with Sal E. Graziano talking smack to them. The F.B.I go behind the curtain, Danny Doring and Roadkill go to leave the ring but The Sinister Minister and Mikey Whipwreck come out from the back. The Sinister Minister is clapping and Mikey has a microphone in hand. The Sinister Minister motions for Mikey to hand him the microphone.

The Sinister Minister: Bravo, bravo! You have managed to defeat the Full Blooded Italians. I am not out here to congratulate you two on your victory. But to actually make a challenge...

The Sinister Minister pauses.

The Sinister Minister: As you two very well know, I and my Unholy Alliance has declared war on the ECW Tag Team division. We feel that we are not being recognized properly here in ECW and my Unholy Alliance is planning on doing something about it. As you can tell, my substitute - Vampiro is not present here tonight. Why...you might ask…Is because I do not need his services anymore. I have found Tajiri’s replacement in the Unholy Alliance last week after ECW on ESPN2 went off the air. This man asks to be kept unknown until he feels like revealing who he is.... BUT....… that is not why I am out here tonight. I am out here tonight to propose a challenge. I want to propose a challenge to you two, Danny Doring and Roadkill. My Unholy Alliance challenges you two for your Tag Team titles at Guilty as Charged. Because if you are truly defending champions, you will accept this challenge and prove you are worthy to hold that coveted ECW Tag Team Championship. So, will you, Danny Doring and Roadkill accept my challenge for Guilty As Charged. You two versus my Unholy Alliance, consisting of Mikey Whipwreck and the man that I have recruited?

Danny Doring requests a microphone.

Danny Doring: YOUR ON!

Danny Doring drops the microphone, Roadkill stands on the middle rope and points at the Sinister Minister.

The Sinister Minister: Good, good. But I have to warn you…this man will be a decision maker in the match this Sunday. Be forewarned…come prepared....HAHAHAHEHEHEHEHAHAHA!

The Sinister Minister does his evil laugh. Mikey Whipwreck and The Sinister Minister return to the back leaving Danny Doring and Roadkill in the ring. We join Joey Styles and Joel Gertner in the Crow’s Nest.

(63) Doring & Roadkill gained overness.

Joey Styles: The Sinister Minister has found his replacement for Yoshihiro Tajiri?! Who is this man?

Joel Gertner: I don't know Joey, your guess is as good as mine…

Joey Styles: Who in their RIGHT mind would want to join the diabolical Sinister Minister? Siding with him is like siding with the Devil himself! The Sinister Minister must of promised this person something very interesting to get him to side with the Unholy Alliance….

Joel Gertner: Maybe... 70 virgins? Maybe?! I'm just taking a wild guess here...

Joey Styles: Is that all that you think about?! Seriously?!

Joel Gertner: 70 virgins? Ha! Who doesn't think about that? ..Well of course you wouldn't Joey Styles, because you're a homosexual!

Joey Styles: I am not a homosexual! I have a very lovely wife, thank you very much! And I love he!…

Joel Gertner: (under his breath)…i bet she's a tranny…

Joey Styles: What's that Joel?!

Joel Gertner: Nothing! Nothing... Don't worry about it…

Joey just shakes his head.

Joey Styles: Anyways… (glances at Joel) up next we have the challenge that was made last week, here, on ESPN2! Justin Credible goes up against Tommy Dreamer!

“Man In The Box” by Alice In Chains begins to play. The fans start to cheer as they all know who this is. The heart and soul of ECW, who everybody loves! Tommy Dreamer. Tommy steps out from behind the curtain and the fans cheer even louder. Tommy Dreamer starts to walk down the aisle, but he gets jumped by Justin Credible who beats him with his Singapore Cane. Justin Credible beats down Tommy Dreamer with his cane. Francine comes scampering out, talking shit to Tommy.

3rd Match:

Justin Credible w/ Francine versus Tommy Dreamer

Match Summary: The match starts off with Justin Credible taking Tommy by the head and walking him towards the guard rail. Justin goes to smash Tommy’s face off of the guard rail but Tommy blocks it, and instead smashes Justin Credible’s face off of the guard rail. Credible drops his Singapore Cane, and the two begin to brawl around the ring. Tommy has the upper hand and takes Justin Credible into the crowd. They begin to brawl in the crowd with screaming, rabid, hardcore ECW fans in Trenton. One person dumps beer over Justin Credible’s head. Tommy takes Credible all over the crowd. Tommy asks for a chair from a fan, who of course gives it to him. Tommy smashes the chair over Justin Credible’s head. Tommy takes the chair and puts it under Credible’s throat and slams the chair down. Credible falls to the concrete floor holding his jugular in pain. The two brawl in the crowd for a little while longer, but they eventually make their way over the guardrail and into the ring.

Tommy, who still has the chair in hands goes to hit Justin. But Francine comes in from behind and low blows Tommy Dreamer. Tommy drops the one knee, and Justin Credible slowly recovers. Justin Credible starts on the attack onto Tommy Dreamer. Justin Credible hits his fair share of offensive moves and goes for the pin. 1.... 2...kickout! Credible goes back on the attack. He goes for a That’s Incredible~! But Tommy Dreamer reverses it and hit’s a Reverse DDT. Dreamer goes for a pin …1.…broken up by Francine. Tommy gets up and grabs Francine by the hair and gives her a Piledriver onto the chair that in laying in the ring.

The fans start to chant, 'ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!'

Tommy Dreamer rolls Francine out of the ring. Justin Credible gets up and starts punching Tommy Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer battles Justin Credible and DDT's him onto the chair. Tommy Dreamer goes for the pin 1...…2....…3!

Winner by Pinfall: Tommy Dreamer

Tommy Dreamer gets up and the referee raises his arm. Dreamer goes the crucifix pose in the middle of the ring with the fans cheering him on.

(65, 65, 74)

**Commercial Break**

We come back from the commercial break and we see the Sandman in the crowd chugging Budweiser, and smashing beer cans with his head. The fans are singing along to “Enter Sandman” while Sandman pours beer on everyone. After 7 minutes with the Sandman walking around, drinking beer. He finally makes his way to the ring. He pulls out one last beer out of his back pocket, chugs it and the proceeds to smash the can with his forehead.

“Welcome Burden” by Disturbed hit’s the sound system. Steve Corino comes out from the back with the ECW World Heavyweight Championship wrapped around his waist. And following Steve Corino is Jack Victory with his cowbell. The two make their way down the aisle, heckling the crowd and what not. Steve Corino and Jack Victory make their way into the ring and pose in the middle of the ring. Jack Victory takes off the ECW World Heavyweight Championship and hands it to the referee. The referee hands it to the bell man, Steve Corino walks over to the ropes and says, “Guard that with your life! Or else I'm going to give you an Old School ass kicking!” Jack Victory exit's the ring and the two men get to their respective corners.

***Main Event***

The Sandman versus Steve Corino w/ Jack Victory

Match Summary: This match was relatively short. The two men locked in the middle of the ring. Steve Corino took the upper hand with his technical ability. Steve Corino was giving the Sandman a run for his money. After a while Sandman got the upper hand on Steve Corino. The two exchanging blows, but Sandman gets Corino dazed and hit the White Russian Leg Sweep. Sandman goes up the top rope and is going to execute a high risk move, but Jack Victory comes up from behind and pushes The Sandman off the top rope. Steve Corino slowly gets to his feet and picks up the Sandman. Steve Corino sets up The Sandman for the Old School Expulsion, but Rob Van Dam runs out from the back.

Rob Van Dam runs down the aisle and slides in the ring. Rob Van Dam jumps and hits Steve Corino with a Spinning Heel Kick. Rob Van Dam then goes up top, but Jack Victory comes up on the apron looking to push him off. But Van Dam viciously kicks Victory away. Rob Van Dam leaps and executes the 5 Star Frog Splash on Steve Corino. Rob Van Dam rolls around holding his gut. But RVD eventually gets up and grabs Sandman and lays him on top of Steve Corino. 1.... 2... 3! Jack Victory collapses while trying to get into the ring and break up the count.

Winner by Interference: The Sandman

(69, 70, 70)

Rob Van Dam lifts up The Sandman and raises his arm in the air. Sandman reaches into one his cargo pockets and pulls out a cigarette case. Sandman opens it and pulls out a Marlboro and a book of matches. Sandman lights his cigarette, he offers Rob Van Dam a drag. Van Dam takes the cigarette and takes a drag and coughs his brains out. You can hear Rob Van Dam say, “Dude, that's some shitty stuff. It taste like dirt!” The Sandman laughs at Rob Van Dam thinking it was weed. Before The Sandman and Rob Van Dam can exit the ring “This Is Extreme!” by Harry and The Slashtones hits. Paul Heyman comes out from behind the curtain with a microphone.

Paul Heyman: Cut the fucking music!

The music fades to nothing.

Paul Heyman: Rob Van Dam…Steve Corino…ever since we debuted on ESPN2, you two have been at each other's throats! Now Rob Van Dam, I understand why you came out here and helped the Sandman win. It was a dirty tactic by Steve Corino to hold your tights last week.

Pause.

Paul Heyman: But you two are going to have a chance to go at each other....This Sunday, at Guilty as Charged…Rob Van Dam versus Steve Corino...

Pause.

Paul Heyman: FOR THE ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!

We look back at the ring and you can see Rob Van Dam get a smirk on his face. You can also see Steve Corino with a look of shock on his face.

Paul Heyman: You get your chance at the ECW World Heavyweight title, Rob. Goodluck this Sunday gentlemen, should be one competitive match-up…

“This Is Extreme!” starts to play again. The screen fades to the end credit as this episode of ECW on ESPN2 comes to an end…

(78)

Copyright ECW 2001. Extreme Championship Wrestling Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Overall: 69%

Hardcore TV

A replay plays of the Sinister Minister challenging Doring & Roadkill for the ECW Tag Team Titles at Guilty as Charged.

(56) Roadkill gained overness.

Bilvis Wesley defeated. AJ Styles by holding AJ's tights. AJ seemed frustrated after the match.

(48, 38, 59)

A video played showing clips of Rhino's dominance at ECW World TV Champion.

(67)

Mikey Whipwreck defeated. Spike Dudley with a Whippersnapper.

(64, 56, 73)

A video plays showing clips from recent weeks, hyping the Rob Van Dam versus Steve Corino match at Guilty As Charged.

(71)

Overall: 62%

Edited by Disturbed

Extreme Championship Wrestling presents....

GUILTY AS CHARGED 2001

Live on Pay Per View at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on January 21, 2001! Matches announced so far are...

Simon Diamond versus Kid Kash

ECW World Television Championship

New Jack versus Rhino

ECW Tag Team Championship

Unholy Alliance(Mikey Whipwreck & ???) versus Danny Doring & Roadkill

***Main Event***

ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Rob Van Dam versus Steve Corino

Also, Paul Heyman will introduce the ESPN Talent Executive and Tommy Dreamer will make an appearance. Card Subject To Change.

Ratings are in for ECW on ESPN2 and Hardcore TV. ECW on ESPN2 got a 1.04 Neilson rating, and Hardcore TV received a .13 Neilson rating. Solid ratings this week for ECW.

--441wrestling.com

Edited by Disturbed

I've read through this a couple of times and I like it. It's a pretty good diary and you have a good direction with most of what you're doing.

I like what you're doing with New Jack. Honestly, I'm quite a fan of his so I'd like to see him go over Rhino, but at the same time I'm a Rhino fan as well. Tough match.

I don't really have much to say about the tag match, but I'm looking forward to seeing Corino demolish Van Dam. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Van Dam, but I'm a Corino mark.