MMA News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

The thing about Japanese MMA adopting American standards really surprises me. I figured if anything, they'd head in the opposite direction so as to keep an air of mystery about their best fighters.

Roger Huerta wants to have a fight in K1 or DREAM.

Plus Don King has filed an injunction to stop Mayorga fighting Din Thomas at Shine Fights and considering the press conference i will be disapointed if it goes through

Pudz has no chance against Sylvia. Not that I think Sylvia is much of a fighter anymore, but Pudz' two fights so far have not been pretty at all. The Mercer debacle was just that, but Tim was still trying to stand with a world-class boxer. Dumb strategy and the result is not surprising in that case. Pudz has nothing to offer offensively like Mercer's hands. His leg kicks are brutal, but leg kicks take time and accumulation, Pudz will gas within three minutes.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Hector Lombard may deserve his hype:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  • Like 2

Don Kings injunction has gone through and the fight was supposed to happen tonight against Din Thomas. Supposedly Shine were going to just ignore it and at the minute theres a sense of confusion whether they will go ahead or not but at the minute it looks like they aren't.

Update on Shine Fights is the whole card got cancelled by the Commission. Thats sucks for people who have bought it on PPV, people who bought tickets to watch it, the fighters themselves who've trained and paid money for their camps and expecting to recieve sponership money etc from fighting. This just sounds too dodgy to me at the minute but looks like Don King got his wish

Guest Mr. Potato Head

And speaking of Down Under, those IFC cards in July are actually looking kind of good in a WWA/XWF sort of way:

July 3 in Auckland, New Zealand

Paul Daley vs. TBD

July 10 in Brisbane, Australia

Josh Barnett vs. Geronimo Dos Santos

Carlos Newton vs. Brian Ebersole

Karo Parisyan vs. Luis "Besouro" Dutra Jr.

Jeff Monson vs. Bira Lima

Paulo Filho vs. Keith Johnson

July 18 in Sydney, Australia

Ken Shamrock vs. Pedro Rizzo

Jeff Monson vs. Ricco Rodriguez

Murilo Bustamante vs. Jesse Taylor

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Joaquim Ferreira

Paulo Filho vs. Denis Kang

i saw somewhere that Paulo Filho and Jeff Monson were supposed to be fighting on the July 3rd card aswell but they are pretty decent cards interesting to see Karo back and i hope Ricco Rodriguez wins as i've been impressed with how he's bounced back from when it looked like his career was pretty much dead a few years ago