World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes

Hi this is Kevin and I attended Monday Night Raw live from Buffalo, New York. We started the evening off with Vince McMahon and Jim Ross coming down to the ring to a great ovation from the fans. They took their place at the announce table as the dark matches began.

Dark Matches

1. Isaac Yankem DDS defeated Aldo Montoya at 4:21. DDS squashed Montoya with the Portuguese Man O'War barely getting any offense in. Yankem finished Montoya off with the DDS for the three count.

2. Godwinns with Hillybilly Jim defeated The Goon and Brooklyn Brawler at 6:24. Decent back and fourth action with Phineous getting the beating most of the match. Phineous eventually made the tag to Henry who came into the ring and cleaned house. Henry hit the Slop Drop to The Goon for the win.

3. Bob Holly defeated Shinobi The Ninja at 7:35. A good match with Shinobi controlling most of it. Holly won after delivering a drop kick as Shinobi came off the top turnbuckle.

4. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Duke "The Dumpster" Droese at 5:54. Droese dominated Helmsley with Helmsley barely getting any offense in. Helmsley won the match after hitting Droese with a trash can lid over the head scoring the three count. Afterwards Droese attacked Helmsley delivering the Trash Compactor. Droese then threw his garbage can on top of Helmsley.

Then the show began which was a great episode of Monday Night Raw. After the cameras went off the air Undertaker and Paul Bearer posed in the ring. Undertaker did the "I want the title" pose and then they headed to the back. Howard Finkel came into the ring and told the crowd that there were three more matches coming up!

Dark Matches after the show went off the air.

1. Razor Ramon defeated Tatanka at 7:22 with Razor's Edge. Razor was madly over tonight with the crowd and there were alot of "Razor" chants. The ending comes when 1-2-3 Kid runs down from the back while Ted DiBiase distracted the referee.... Kid went for a spinning heel kick to Razor but he ducked it and Kid took out Tatanka! Razor then threw Kid to the outside and finished Tatanka off with Razor's Edge.

2. Jake Roberts defeated Jerry Lawler with the DDT at 2:11. Short match with Jake quickly nailing the DDT to Lawler. Afterwards Jake opened the bag up and put the snake on top of Lawler!

3. Bret Hart, Ahmed Johnson and Fatu defeated Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Yokozuna when Bret Hart made Owen Hart submit to the Sharpshooter at 12:42. A good six men tag match with the crowd behind the face team. Fatu was the face in peril until he made the hot tag to Johnson who cleaned house! Johnson even slammed Yokozuna! Bret Hart won the match for his team after ducking Owen's enziguri kick and locking him into the Sharpshooter for the submission win.

Bret Hart, Johnson and Fatu posed as Camp Cornette headed to the back. Johnson, Fatu and Hart posed for a bit before heading to the back putting an end the show. Great show by the World Wrestling Federation tonight.

Top 5 Pops

1. Razor Ramon

2. Bret Hart

3. Undertaker

4. Ahmed Johnson

5. Jake Roberts

Top 5 Heat

1. Camp Cornette

2. 1-2-3 Kid

3. Mabel

4. Jeff Jarrett

5. Jerry Lawler

user posted image

Snapshot of the night

News for January 7th, 1996

Rena Mero known as Sable has admitted that she was a cocaine habit. She checked into rehab during the weekend and there's no word on when she'll be back for her official debut.

WCW has recently let go of some talent... The WWF has shown no interest in signing any of these names which were let go. The released talent are Steve Armstrong, Prince Iaukea, Brad Armstrong, Ace Darling, Devon Storm, Jim Powers and Al Greene.

Right now World Championship Wrestling has jumped up ahead of the World Wrestling Federation claiming it's spot as the number one promotion in the world right now. The WWF though are very close to gaining on WCW. (Their PI is 52 while mine is 51)

The WWF has sent a tape to the USA Network to try to get a third television show. There's no word if the USA Network will pick the WWF up for their third TV show.

Flash Funk, Paul Bearer, Sunny and Scott Putski have all renewed their contracts. Sunny, Funk and Bearer have signed on for two more years while Putski got a one year extension.

With the current boom in the wrestling industry you can expect both the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling to really go head to head this year.

Crush is expected to a get a very big push when he returns to the World Wrestling Federation.

Superstars should be up by tonight :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

I'm very much looking forward to reading the continuation of this one. RAW was a good show, as we've come to expect from a BH show, and I'll definitely be reading. I began to read WCW '97 toward the end, but never got to the end of the topic to post my thoughts - it was great, but this could be even better. Keep it up... and make sure you gain on WCW!

RK!

user posted image

Date: January 7th, 1996

Arena: Carrier Dome

Attendance: 7,006

Ticket Sales: $280,240

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with a brand new video package. We're taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's special main event of British Bulldog and Owen Hart taking on Godwinns! They then take us to ringside for some WWF action!

Bob Holly Vs. The Goon

The Goon tried to use his hockey stick but the referee took it away from him in the beginning of the match up. Goon controlled most of the match after sending Holly face first to the steel ring post out on the floor! The Goon then slammed Holly on the protected padding on the outside! Goon rolled Holly back inside the ring and pounded away on Holly's back. Goon eventually hit a clothesline to Holly and tossed Holly back out to the floor where he nailed the Cross Check driving Holly into the steel steps! Goon went back into the ring and waited as the referee started to count out Bob Holly... But somehow Holly got up to his feet at 7! Holly rolled back inside the ring and blocked The Goon's right hands nailing The Goon with chops and right hands. Holly back dropped Goon and followed up with three clotheslines one after the other! Holly lifted The Goon up and finished him off with a maneuver called the Racer Slam for to pick up the win! Afterwards Bob Holly celebrated his win with a big smile on his face.

57, 48, 67 3/4

Cole and Kelly called this Bob Holly's biggest win ever in the World Wrestling Federation. Kevin Kelly mentioned that Goldust is standing by right now!

Goldust promises a win at the Royal Rumble

We're taken backstage to the locker room of Goldust where we see Goldust standing by wearing his wrestling attire sitting in a directors chair.

Goldust- Razor Ramon... "The Bad Guy" or "The Naughty One" as I like to call him. Razor Ramon you seem to be rejecting me. I know you want it as much as I do. But you don't want to give into it. Razor just say yes... Say yes to the golden one. Razor Ramon at the Royal Rumble when we get inside the ring you will realize that your place is with me.... Razor Ramon two men will battle for the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship and there can only be one winner. Razor that winner be me. I will not only get the title but I'll also get you my pet.... Razor after the Royal Rumble you will never forget the name of Goldust.....

Superstars goes to a commercial break with a shot of Goldust....

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese Vs. Shinobi The Ninja

Shinobi did some ninja poses before the match while Duke put his trash can on the outside of the ring. Shinobi controlled the match using karate kicks and karate chops in the corner to Droese. Shinobi worked over Droese's lower back and almost won the match after hitting a big slingshot back suplex but Droese was able to kick out at 2. Shinobi ended up drilling Droese with a super kick and headed up top. Shinobi went for it all but missed a huge moonsault! This allowed Droese to make a big come back and take Shinobi down with several right hands and clotheslines! Duke sent Shinobi off the ropes and caught him with the Trash Compactor for the one, two, three! After the match ended, Droese went to the outside and got the trash can! Droese came into the ring with the trash can and hit Shinobi over the head with it to cheers from the fans! Droese then stood over Shinobi victorious to cheers from the fans.

66, 57, 75 *3/4

Duke Droese debuted his new gimmick (blue collar), it got a positive response.

Isaac Yankem doesn't like the Portuguese Man O'War

Right after Droese celebrates we're taken to the back where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Isaac Yankem DDS in the interview area backstage.

Todd Pettengill- Isaac Yankem DDS you made your debut last year here in the World Wrestling Federation and today you take on Aldo Montoya in singles action. Isaac last year you stepped into the ring with the top talent in the WWF like Bret "The Hitman" Hart and many others. What are your thoughts on today's match with Aldo Montoya?

Isaac Yankem DDS- If you thought Isaac Yankem DDS was something last year then you haven't seen anything yet. Today I begin the new year by cleaning out that dirty mouth on Aldo Montoya! Montoya when was the last time you had a check in? Today Isaac Yankem DDS will take care of those dirty teeth of your's once and for all!

Todd Pettengill- The Royal Rumble is coming up and your name has been entered into the Royal Rumble match. What do you think about being in the Royal Rumble match?

Isaac Yankem DDS- I will be the one who'll win the Royal Rumble! There's twenty nine other men in there who will all be a bunch of losers! It's my generation here in the World Wrestling Federation and it'll start at the Royal Rumble!

Todd Pettengill- Fans stay tuned because you won't want to miss the huge match coming up next! This man right here Isaac Yankem DDS takes on Aldo Montoya!

Isaac Yankem DDS gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Aldo Montoya Vs. Isaac Yankem DDS

This one was a evenly fought match. Montoya used his speed over the big man not allowing Yankem to know him down. Montoya got a near fall with a cross body but Yankem easily kicked out. Yankem then drilled Montoya in the face with a big boot! Yankem then pounded away on the Portuguese Man O'War in the corner. Yankem stomped a mud hole on Montoya in the corner being as aggressive as ever! Yankem hit a big suplex and followed up with a legdrop right off the second turnbuckle but Montoya was able to kick out! Yankem lifted Montoya up near the end of the match and had him set up for the DDS. But Montoya sent Yankem off the ropes and hit a drop kick to Yankem! Montoya then hit three more drop kicks and followed up with a tornado DDT for a very close near fall! Montoya lifted Yankem up and attempted a suplex but Yankem nailed Montoya in the back! Yankem then hit the DDS! Yankem hooked the legs for the academic three count! Afterwards Isaac Yankem DDS posed on the turnbuckle as the fans booed.

68, 58, 78 **

British Bulldog and Owen Hart are ready for Godwinns

We're taken to the interview area backstage where Jim Ross is standing by with the tag team of Owen Hart and British Bulldog.

Jim Ross- Owen Hart and Bulldog today you two men take on the tag team of Godwinns. Henry and Phineous Godwinn. And we are on our way to the Royal Rumble match. Where both of you are entered and it could go down to either you or Bulldog.

Owen Hart- Hold it right there Jim Ross! Don't try and stir things up between my brother in law and I! If it does come down to us in the Royal Rumble match then we'll go at it to see who's the better man simple as that!

Jim Ross- All right well what are your thoughts on today's match with Godwinns?

Owen Hart- Godwinns today you two step into the ring with the best tag team the World Wrestling Federation has to offer! Bulldog and myself are unbeatable in singles competition and we're unbeatable as a tag team! You two are going to get beat up so badly today that you won't even remember you were in the ring with us!

British Bulldog- Godwinns you two boys might be tough out there on the farm but the fact of the matter is that no one is tougher than myself and Owen Hart! This is the best tag team in the history of the WWF! Godwinns you two stand no chance today! Me and Owen Hart are going to beat both of you one way or another!

Jim Ross- Owen Hart what are your comments on Shawn Michaels' return? He's returning at the Royal Rumble and you know he's got to be thinking of revenge against you.

Owen Hart- Jim Ross you think I'm worrying about Shawn Michaels? If Shawn Michaels come anywhere near me at the Royal Rumble I'll knock him out just like I did in November and that's a fact!

Jim Ross- Whatever you say Owen... Fans stay tuned because up next we got tag team action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Godwinns with Hillybilly Jim Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog

James E. Cornette wasn't at ringside for this one with Cole and Kelly saying Cornette was with his new Camp Cornette member getting ready for tomorrow's Monday Night Raw. Godwinns started off hot with all four men brawling in the ring. Godwinns quickly sent both Owen and Bulldog out to the floor and then taunted the brothers in law. Bulldog got back into the ring and squared off with Henry. Henry got the best of Davey Boy Smith and beat down Bulldog in the corner. Henry went for the irish whip but it was countered by Bulldog which allowed Owen Hart to get a cheap shot in on Henry from behind which also allowed Bulldog to run right over Henry with a clothesline! Bulldog and Owen Hart isolated Henry for several minutes keeping him away from his cousin Phineous who tried to rally the crowd behind Henry. Owen Hart hit Henry with a spinning heel kick and went for the Sharpshooter but Phineous quickly broke it up. Owen though made the tag to Bulldog who nailed a stalling vertical suplex to Henry! Late into the match Owen and Bulldog tried a double clothesline to Henry but he ducked and took them out with a pair of double clotheslines! Henry then made the hot tag to Phineous! Phineous entered the ring cleaning house knocking down Bulldog and then Owen Hart with right hands and clotheslines. Godwinns regained control of the match and Henry wound up on the floor with Owen while Bulldog battled Phineous in the ring. Outside the ring we saw Owen Hart send Henry to the steel ring post face first! Phineous then had Bulldog set up for the Slop Drop but Owen Hart came into the ring and nailed Phineous from behind! Owen Hart drilled Phineous in the back of the head with the enziguri kick knocking him out! Owen rolled Bulldog on top of Phineous and the referee counted the three count! Afterwards Owen Hart and British Bulldog celebrated their win as the crowd booed.

82, 79, 86 ***1\2

Video for Undertaker Vs. Bret Hart

A video is shown hyping up the big Bret Hart versus Undertaker title match at the Royal Rumble. It shows footage of both men doing their signature maneuvers to different opponents. The video ends with a shot of Undertaker and Bret Hart with the World Wrestling Federation Championship in the middle. Superstars goes off the air with a shot of Undertaker and Bret Hart... Who will win at the Royal Rumble?

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 2.79

WCW

WCW Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.93

Attendance- 7,032

Ticket Sales- $281,280

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,031

Ticket Sales- $281,240

Sophie says "Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" and "Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values."

Vader says "How about booking me against Sycho Sid? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."

The Goon says "I think i should be higher up the card."

Bob Holly says "The Goon and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Shinobi The Ninja? I think our styles would really work well together."

I'm glad that you have finally began to write a diary for WWF. I didn't like WCW 1997 as much as WWF 1995 and now I'm excited to see how good this one will be. RAW was great and Superstars was average. I think that Royal Rumble is gonna be very exciting. I smell Bret Hart retaining his title and I think that at the latest at Wrestlemania we're gonna see Shawn Michaels versus Owen Hart. I can't wait WM XII and can't wait Rumble either! This is good stuff!

user posted image

January 8th, 1996

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes to you live from the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey and what a big main event we're going to have for all the WWF fans tonight. Bret Hart goes one on one with Jerry "The King" Lawler in a non title match! These two men have met before and you got to know Lawler will pull out every dirty trick in the book to try to beat Bret Hart tonight but the question is can he do it?

The challenger for Bret Hart's WWF title is here tonight and he will be interviewed by Jim Ross! What does Undertaker have to say about his big title match with "The Hitman" at the Royal Rumble?

James E. Cornette will also debut the newest member of Camp Cornette. Who's this man Cornette speaks so highly of? You don't want to miss this!

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Hakushi Vs. Shinobi The Ninja

Ahmed Johnson, Fatu and Savio Vega Vs. Tatanka, Kama and Jeff Jarrett

Godwinns Vs. The Bodydonnas

Razor Ramon defends his Intercontinental Championship against Mabel!

Plus Bret Hart faces Jerry Lawler in a non title match! And Smoking Gunns are scheduled to appear!

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: January 8th, 1996

Arena: Continental Airlines Arena

Attendance: 7,043

Ticket Sales: $281,720

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's non title match between Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Jerry "The King" Lawler. McMahon also says that Camp Cornette's newest member will debut tonight! They then take us to ringside for the first match of the evening!

Hakushi Vs. Shinobi The Ninja

This one was a good match. Both men worked very well together and put on a good match but sadly the crowd wasn't into it. Shinobi and Hakushi started off getting near falls over each other with neither man getting a clear advantage that is until Hakushi tossed Shinobi out to the floor right over the top rope! Hakushi then hit a springboard moonsault to Shinobi out to the floor! Hakushi then put Shinobi back inside the ring and came off the top with a cross body block for 2. Hakushi then attempted a clothesline but Shinobi ducked and delivered a release german suplex dropping Hakushi right on his head! Shinobi then worked over Hakushi's neck and back getting several near falls on Hakushi in the process. Shinobi ended up drilling Hakushi with a spinning heel kick and he headed up top. Shinobi went for a moonsault but Hakushi rolled out of the way! Hakushi then fought back making a come back! Hakushi came flying off the top turnbuckle with a shoulder block! Hakushi slammed Shinobi down and headed up top. Shinobi got up to his feet and shook the ropes crotching Hakushi on the top turnbuckle! Shinobi went up top with Hakushi and attempted a superplex but Hakushi countered it into a top turnbuckle sunset flip for the win! After the match ended, Hakushi celebrated his win until Diesel came walking down to the ring. Hakushi stood in the center of the ring as Diesel got inside the ring stepping right over the top rope. Diesel stared down Hakushi and planted Hakushi with a big boot to the face! Shinobi then got up to his feet and Diesel drilled him with a big boot as well! Diesel then hit the Jackknife Powerbomb to Hakushi and then to Shinobi! Diesel then tossed both men out to the floor!

74, 58, 90 ***3/4

Monday Night Raw is running on Diesel power

Diesel asks for a microphone as the crowd cheers "Big Daddy Cool".

Diesel- I know you people have got to be wondering why I'm out here. Well it seems to me that these two "talented" WWF Superstars are in the Royal Rumble match along with "Big Daddy Cool". And boys let me make myself perfectly clear to the both of you.... There's nothing I won't do to win the Royal Rumble next Sunday night. And I'm showing to everyone right now. I destroyed these two with ease. Two wrestlers that I destroyed without breaking a sweat! There's some big names in the Royal Rumble match but none of them compare to the greatness of Diesel. At the Royal Rumble one man will enter that ring and toss body after body out and that's going to be me. I will win the Royal Rumble and I will go on to Wrestlemania XII and become the World Wrestling Federation Champion. The WWF is gonna run on Diesel power all year long! Why? Because no one can stop me! Oh and Undertaker I haven't forgotten about you stealing my title shot! Undertaker you better watch your back!

Diesel's music hit the arena to a mixed reaction as Diesel posed raising his arm in the air. Diesel then left the ring as Monday Night Raw went to a break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson, Savio Vega and Fatu Vs. Jeff Jarrett, Kama and Tatanka with Ted DiBiase

This one started off with all six men going at it in the ring in a wild brawl! Vega and Tatanka brawled while Johnson fought Jarrett leaving Fatu with Kama. The referee eventually got control of the match and Vega was taken down by a side kick from Kama. Kama and his teammates triple teamed Vega keeping him away from Johnson and Fatu. Each men took turns destroying Vega to the approval of "The Million Dollar Man". Near the end of the match Kama was dominating Vega and delivered a big powerslam. Kama lifted Savio Vega up to his feet and went for the Supreme Driver but Vega slipped out of it and took Kama down with a DDT. Vega then made the hot tag to Johnson while Tatanka got tagged in! Johnson came into the ring and cleaned house! All six men then went at it and Johnson went after Jarrett kicking his butt! Johnson hit Jarrett with a stiff clothesline taking Jarrett out to the floor! Johnson challenged Jarrett back into the ring but Jarrett headed to the back! Meanwhile Tatanka was left alone in the ring with Johnson as Fatu and Vega beat down Kama on the floor.... Johnson hit a big spinebuster to Tatanka and then finished him off with the Pearl River Plunge for the win. Afterwards Ted DiBiase helped his men to the back as Ahmed Johnson celebrated his win with his teammates.

71, 69, 74 **

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross hyped the big Ahmed Johnson Vs. Jeff Jarrett match at the Royal Rumble. Ross mentioned that Ahmed Johnson could become a WWF Champion in the future. Jim Ross and Vince McMahon mentioned that up next Jim Ross would interview Undertaker! Monday Night Raw went to a break with Jim Ross advertising his interview with "the man from the dark side."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Undertaker's prepared for the Royal Rumble

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Jim Ross standing in the ring with a microphone.

Jim Ross- Ladies and gentlemen we are just two weeks away from the Royal Rumble. And the World Wrestling Federation certainly has a great event planned for all you fans. And one of the big matches scheduled for the Royal Rumble will be for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. It will be for the first time ever in the history of the WWF..... Bret Hart defends the title against Undertaker. This certainly is a huge match up that every fan has wanted to see for many, many years. Fans let me introduce to you the challenger for the WWF Championship at the Royal Rumble there is only one Undertaker!

Undertaker's music hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd as the purple lights come on through out the arena. Paul Bearer walks down the entry way carrying the urn (it's no longer the melted chain!) followed by Undertaker. Bearer and Undertaker get inside the ring as the normal lights come on.

Jim Ross- Thank you for joining me tonight. Undertaker you are scheduled to face Bret Hart for the World Wrestling Federation Championship at the Royal Rumble on January 21st. Undertaker it's been five long years since you've gotten a shot at the title. Your thoughts?

Paul Bearer- Oh yes.... It's been five long years since this man has had the gold around his waist. And now it's time for the creature of the nights to get their reward. It's time for Undertaker to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion once again! Oh yes it is! Yes it is!

Jim Ross- Undertaker you have never faced Bret Hart before. What will be your game plan what do you plan to do to win the World Wrestling federation Championship?

Paul Bearer- Jim Ross it's quite simple.... Undertaker has all the creatures of the night by his side and he has the urn back with him. Bret Hart there's no way you can beat this man at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart you have the World Wrestling Federation Championship and that's something that we've wanted for a long time! Oh yes it is! Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble you can expect the very best from Undertaker!

Jim Ross- Undertaker tonight Bret Hart will be in action against Jerry "The King" Lawler. You and Bret Hart haven't come face to face yet and the fans are wondering why? Is it out of respect or are you just waiting?

Undertaker- Bret Hart hasn't done anything to make me come after him. I want him to be in the very best shape he can be in for the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart let me make myself perfectly clear to you.... At the Royal Rumble I will do everything it takes to walk out as the champion. Even if it means taking you out forever....

Jim Ross- Diesel is another man who's been having problems with you. He claims you shouldn't be the one getting the title shot at the Royal Rumble and it should be him. You two got into a confrontation awhile back but nothing happened.... Your thoughts?

Undertaker- As long as Diesel stays out of my way then it's fine. After I win the WWF Championship I'll give him his match. But before I can do that I have to make Bret Hart rest in piece.

Jim Ross- Thank you for joining us and good luck at the Royal Rumble! Ladies and gentlemen Undertaker!

Undertaker's music hits as Undertaker and Paul Bearer stand in the ring. Undertaker poses as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Smoking Gunns want a rematch!

The music of Smoking Gunns hit the arena to a good pop from the fans as the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions make their way down to the ring both men wearing the titles around their waist. They get inside the ring and Billy Gunn is handed a microphone.

Billy Gunn- Last week on Monday Night Raw we had a match against The Bodydonnas and we had them beat until their manager Sunny got involved! Well we know we can beat you two punks any day of the week so we're laying down the challenge for you two to face us right here right now!

Bart Gunn- Yeah we had you two beat if it wasn't for Sunny! Be men and fight us without your manager in your corner! Come on!

The Smoking Gunns don't have to wait for too long because the music of The Bodydonnas hit the arena as Sunny leads Skip and Zip down to the ring. Sunny is handed a microphone as The Bodydonnas stand behind her staring down Smoking Gunns.

Sunny- You two boys want a rematch with these two? Fine! But not tonight. Tonight they're already booked. But since you two want a match so badly would you put the titles on the line?

Billy Gunn- You're darn right we do!

Sunny- Perfect! How about at the Royal Rumble? If you two want a rematch that badly put the gold on the line and we'll see you at the Royal Rumble!

Bart Gunn- We accept! We'll put the titles on the line at the Royal Rumble!

Sunny- Good! At the Royal Rumble everyone's gonna see The Bodydonnas walk out as the new champs! Now if you two don't mind get out of the ring because the next WWF Tag Team Champions have a match scheduled!

Bart and Billy leaves the ring pointing at their titles saying they'd see The Bodydonnas at the Royal Rumble. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with the announcers hyping the big tag team match up coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Godwinns with Hillybilly Jim Vs. The Bodydonnas with Sunny

Monday Night Raw returned from the break with these two teams going at it in the ring in a wild brawl! The Godwinns quickly tossed the smaller Bodydonnas out to the floor. Sunny regrouped her team out on the floor and Zip went in there with Henry. Henry over powered Zip and ended up tossing Zip around the ring several times! Henry though got distracted by Sunny which allowed Zip to back suplex Henry down to the canvas. Zip then tagged in Skip and The Bodydonnas double teamed Henry. Henry took a beating for most of the match as The Bodydonnas isolated him away from Phineous. Skip took Henry down with a suplex and headed up top. Skip missed his diving headbutt which allowed Phineous to be tagged in! Phineous came into the ring taking down Skip with a right hand and then Zip! Godwinns then double teamed Zip and followed up by double back dropping Skip! Henry took Zip out to the floor where both men brawled. Meanwhile inside the ring Phineous had Skip set up for the Slop Drop but Sunny got up on the apron distracting Phineous long enough for Skip to get a roll up full of tights to score the win! Afterwards Sunny and The Bodydonnas headed to the back as Hillbilly Jim and Henry came into the ring. Sunny looked at the camera and said that The Bodydonnas would be the next WWF Tag Team Champions!

79, 68, 90 ***1\2

The announcers couldn't believe that Sunny again interfered in one of The Bodydonnas' match. They then asked how the Smoking Gunns could win at Royal Rumble when Sunny would be in the corner of the Bodydonnas. Vince McMahon then told us that Dok Hendrix is standing by backstage with Razor Ramon!

Interview with Razor Ramon

We're taken to the interview area backstage where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon.

Dok Hendrix- Razor Ramon tonight you prepare to defend the Intercontinental Championship against five hundred pounds of Mabel. Razor Ramon what are your thoughts on this tough title defense?

Razor Ramon- Hey yo.... Tonight I go up against that fat man named Mabel and I put the title on the line. Mabel we've been in the ring before and I've whipped your butt! Mabel if you think you're walking out of here with my title then you're dead wrong! Tonight's gonna be the night of "The Bad Guy"! Mabel I'm gonna walk into that ring the WWF Intercontinental Champion and I'm gonna walk out that ring still the WWF Intercontinental Champion and there's nothing you can do about it!

Dok Hendrix- Razor if you do beat Mabel tonight then at the Royal Rumble you'll be going up against Goldust and....

Razor Ramon- What do you mean "if" chico? I'm gonna win tonight!

Dok Hendrix- Okay well Razor when you win tonight you face Goldust at the Royal Rumble. Goldust has been coming after you as of late and he claims that after the Rumble you're going to see things his way.

Razor Ramon- The only thing that's going to happen at the Royal Rumble is me kick Goldust's butt and make a man out of that chica. Goldust you can play your mind games all you want but the fact of the matter is you won't be able to beat me!

Dok Hendrix- Fans stay tuned because up next Razor Ramon defends the Intercontinental Championship against Mabel! Who will win? You'll find out next!

Razor Ramon gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Razor Ramon© Vs. Mabel

Razor carried Mabel to a good show. Razor started off trying to knock the big man off his feet nailing the King Of The Ring with right hands to the face. Razor then hit two clotheslines to Mabel but he couldn't take the big man off his feet. Razor went for a third one but Mabel caught him with a bossman slam! Mabel then sent Razor to the corner and avalanched Ramon! Mabel followed up with a big sidewalk slam and a devastating legdrop for 2. Mabel continued pounding away on Razor and Razor ended up being thrown out to the floor. Mabel rammed Razor Ramon back first to the steel ring post three times! Mabel then took it to Razor inside the ring and scored several near falls over Razor. Mabel slammed Razor down and connected with the Big Splash but Mabel didn't go for the cover! Instead Mabel went up to the second turnbuckle... Mabel came off the second turnbuckle attempting a splash but Razor rolled out of the way and Mabel went crashing to the canvas. This allowed Razor to fight back and nail Mabel with right hands to the face! Razor then hit a flying clothesline knocking Mabel off his feet! Razor went for Razor's Edge but Mabel countered into a backdrop! Mabel then went for another Big Splash but this time Razor rolled out of the way! Razor then followed up by coming off the second turnbuckle taking Mabel down with a bulldog! Razor hooked the legs scoring the 1,2,3! Afterwards Razor Ramon celebrated with the Intercontinental Championship as Goldust watched from a monitor in the back.

81, 84, 75 **1\2

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross hyped up the big match at the Royal Rumble between Razor Ramon and Goldust. They both said that they would not want to be Goldust when Razor Ramon gets his hands on him. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with Jim Ross hyping the newest Camp Cornette member coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Camp Cornette's newest member!

James E. Cornette's music hit the arena as Camp Cornette came down to the ring. Cornette was handed a microphone as the crowd booed.

James E. Cornette- Shut up now! Tonight is the night of a new era for the World Wrestling Federation. Tonight Camp Cornette gets a new member! A true monster! And this man will be in the Royal Rumble match. This man is the man who will help Camp Cornette become a true threat to the WWF! The newest member of Camp Cornette will destroy everyone in his sight! Ladies and gentlemen without further ado like me introduce to you the newest member of Camp Cornette the man they call Vader!

Some new music hits the arena as the monster Vader walks down the entry way. Vader gets inside the ring as Camp Cornette claps him on.

James E. Cornette- There he is! Camp Cornette has got four members in the Royal Rumble match and anyone of these men can win it! The question is which one will? Camp Cornette is bigger and badder than ever and I promise victory at the Royal Rumble! 1996 will be our year I'll show everyone why I am the smartest man in the wrestling business! Now hit our music!

Cornette's music hits the arena as Cornette, Owen Hart, Vader, Yokozuna, British Bulldog and Mr. Fuji all stand victorious in the ring. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Camp Cornette standing tall.

Vader lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Video for "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels

A video is shown hyping the return of Shawn Michaels at the Royal Rumble. It shows Michaels' top moments in the World Wrestling Federation and it finishes with a shot of Shawn Michaels' Royal Rumble celebration last year.

We're then taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon make sure to hype the big return of Shawn Michaels at the Royal Rumble. McMahon then hypes the history between Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart. Monday Night Raw went to it's final commercial break with a graphic hyping the main event.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jerry Lawler Vs. Bret Hart

This is a special non title match up. Lawler though took it like it was a title match as he jumped Bret Hart from behind and pounded and choked "The Hitman" in the corner. Lawler and Bret went toe to toe trading blows and Bret got the best of Lawler hitting a big right hand and then sending Lawler out to the floor with a clothesline! Bret went to the outside after Lawler but Lawler ended up sending Bret Hart to the steel steps shoulder first! Lawler then rammed Hart's shoulder across the steel ring post three times! They took the action back inside the ring and Lawler hit Hart with a right hand and rammed Hart into the corner! Lawler then took Hart down with a side suplex and stomped away on Bret Hart. Lawler slammed Hart down and came off the second turnbuckle with a fist drop to "The Hitman" for 2. Lawler continued pounding away on Bret Hart and eventually set him up for the Piledriver. Bret Hart though countered the piledriver into a backdrop! Bret then fought back nailing Lawler with right hands. Hart used the atomic drop and then a russian legsweep! Bret lifted Lawler up and suplexed Lawler! Bret then used a back breaker and headed up to the second turnbuckle.... Bret Hart came off the second turnbuckle with a elbow drop the heart of Lawler! Bret Hart then quickly locked Lawler into the Sharpshooter and Lawler tapped out! Afterwards Bret Hart celebrated his victory by posing with the WWF Championship. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Bret Hart celebrating his victory in the ring while Paul Bearer and Undertaker watched from the back.

83, 83, 84 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 6.46

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.06

Attendance- 6,532

Ticket Sales- $261,280

Sophie says "Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"

Henry O. Godwinn says "I think you might be pushing me too high up the card, the fans seem to be resenting me."

Pat Patterson says "Skip and Zip blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."

Edited by Baby Hewey

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes....

Hi this is Drew and I attended Monday Night Raw life from East Rutherford, New Jersey. The evening started off with Howard Finkel coming down to the ring and telling us that matches would take place before and after the show. Then the dark matches began.

Dark Matches

1. Steve Austin defeated Marty Jannetty at 7:23 with a stun gun. Austin is bald now and Jannetty still sucks. Austin dominated this match and Marty barely got any offense in. Austin looked to be in great in ring shape can't wait to see him debut on TV.

2. Crush defeated Aldo Montoya at 4:33 with a Heart Punch. Crush looks like a legit bad ass and he got some pops even though he was playing the heel. Crush dominated Montoya and finished him off with a Heart Punch.

3. Barry Horowitz defeated The Goon at 3:22 with a roll up. Goon dominated this whole match in the end Horowitz got a lucky roll up for the upset win.

4. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Bob Holly at 7:44 with the Pedigree. Helmsley got great heat here tonight. Holly started off hot taking down Helmsley but after Helmsley hit a high knee Helmsley had control of the match. Helmsley won the match after hitting the Pedigree out of nowhere.

Afterwards Jim Ross and Vince McMahon came down to the ring for Monday Night Raw. It was another great show put on by the WWF. Bret Hart got the biggest pop of the night by far.

Dark Matches after the show went off the air

After the cameras stopped rolling Bret Hart posed for a bit and then headed to the back followed by Lawler. Howard Finkel came into the ring and told us there's more to come.

1. Jake Roberts defeated 1-2-3 Kid at 4:33 with the DDT. Kid came down to the ring and challenged anyone to a match... Jake accepted to a great ovation from the fans. This one was all Kid bumping around for Jake. Jake ended up ducking a kick and hit the DDT for the win. Afterwards Jake put his snake on top of The Kid!

2. Smoking Gunns defeated Owen Hart and British Bulldog at 4:33 in a non title match after Billy rolled Owen up. Owen and Bulldog got great heat while Bart and Billy got a good enough pop. Bulldog and Owen controlled most of the match and the ending came when Owen had Billy set up for the Sharpshooter but Billy countered into a roll up for the win.

3. Sycho Sid defeated Goldust at 5:23 with the Powerbomb. Sid got a great ovation from the fans here tonight while Goldust got mad heat. Sid dominated Goldust and eventually threw Goldust out to the floor. Goldust tried to leave but Razor Ramon stood on top of the stage and Goldust had no other option but to come back into the ring where Sid hit the powerbomb for the one, two, three.

4. Undertaker defeated Diesel at 7:22 with the Tombstone. A good match up with Undertaker getting a huge ovation while Diesel got a mixed reaction. Diesel controlled most of the match until Undertaker fought back. Undertaker Choke Slammed Diesel and then hit the Tombstone for the win. Afterwards Undertaker posed for a long time before heading to the back. Howard Finkel then thanked us for coming.

Top 5 Pops

1. Bret Hart

2. Undertaker

3. Diesel on Monday Night Raw beating up Hakushi and Shinobi

4. Sycho Sid

5. Razor Ramon

Top 5 Heat

1. Camp Cornette

2. Goldust

3. Jeff Jarrett/Kama/Tatanka

4. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

5. 1-2-3 Kid

user posted image

snapshot of the night

In other news WCW has fired Mike Enos, Robby Rage and Kenny Kaos

Edited by Baby Hewey

Vader? HORROR! I thought it'd be a swerve, actually, that you'd never be so obvious... shows how much smarks know, I suppose. Good show, though, I especially liked the Diesel promo and his beating on the midcarders beforehand - it's like backstage politics but on screen! Looking forward to the continuation of what is a very promising diary.

RK!

user posted image

Date: January 14th, 1996

Arena: Rothman Center

Attendance: 7,017

Ticket Sales: $280,680

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Goldust taking on Bob Holly in singles action!

Duke Droese Vs. Brooklyn Brawler

Duke Droese came down to the ring carrying a trash can which got a good pop from the fans in attendance. This one was a short squash with Droese dominating Brawler. Droese stomped away on Brawler in the corner and sent Brawler for the ride catching Brawler with the Trash Compactor! Droese quickly covered and scored the one, two, three. Afterwards Droese went to the outside and picked up the trash can! Droese came into the ring and planted Brooklyn Brawler with a shot right over the head! Droese then stood tall as the crowd cheered.

60, 46, 75 *1\2

Crush video

A video begins to air showing highlights of Crush's career here in the World Wrestling Federation. A man begins to speak.

"He was locked up for being too tough, But not even prison could stop him. No one in the "big house" could stop the violence... They couldn't keep him at bay.... He's returning and no one can stop him. He's mean and violent and come January 21st he'll destroy everyone in his path! His name is Crush and he'll be back at the Royal Rumble!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Isaac Yankem DDS defeated Marty Jannetty

This one was a evenly fought match up. Jannetty started off out wrestling Jerry Lawler's personal dentist using his speed over the big man. Jannetty sent Yankem out to the floor with a clothesline and followed up with a plancha! Jannetty then tried to slam Yankem on the floor but Yankem countered and rammed Jannetty back first three times to the steel ring post! Yankem rolled Jannetty back inside the ring and headed up top! Jannetty crawled up to his feet and Yankem came flying off the top with a clothesline! Yankem then controlled the rest of the match using his power over Jannetty. Jannetty though fought back and took Yankem down with a spinning heel kick! Jannetty followed up with a back suplex and then a fist drop off the second turnbuckle! Jannetty lifted Yankem up and went for a super kick but it was ducked! Yankem then kicked Jannetty in the gut and planted him with the DDS! Yankem covered and scored the win! Afterwards Isaac Yankem posed as the announcers hyped him up as a real threat in the Royal Rumble match.

69, 61, 77 **

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

We're taken to the interview area backstage where Todd Pettengill is shown standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Todd Pettengill- Hunter Hearst Helmsley you made your debut in the World Wrestling Federation last year and since then you have been on a roll. Today on Superstars you go one on one with one of the WWF's top young stars Aldo Montoya. Hunter your thoughts on today's match?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Todd Pettengill what a stupid question. My thoughts? My thoughts are this.... Aldo Montoya I don't know who you think you are but young kid you're nothing compared to Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Aldo Montoya today you're going to find out why I am the very best that the WWF has to offer.

Todd Pettengill- You're also entered in the Royal Rumble match next Sunday night. This is your first Royal Rumble... What are your thoughts on that?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- There's going to be twenty nine other men in that ring with me Pettengill... And they all want the same thing and that is the opportunity to become the number one contender for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Only one man can win it and that will be me Pettengill. I will win the Royal Rumble and then I'll go all the way to Wrestlemania XII and win the WWF Championship!

Todd Pettengill- Fans stay tuned because up next we got Aldo Montoya facing Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Aldo Montoya

A great match from both these two young men. Montoya started off hot nailing Helmsley with drop kicks taking down Helmsley! Montoya then sent Helmsley out to the floor with a clothesline and hit a plancha to Helmsley! Montoya then put Helmsley back inside the ring and scored a near fall with a cross body block! Montoya then went for a backdrop but Helmsley countered into a knee buster and then a clothesline! Helmsley then suplexed Montoya and dropped a knee to the face! Helmsley followed up by stomping away on Aldo Montoya! Helmsley got several near falls over Montoya and eventually set Montoya up for the Pedigree. But Montoya countered and sent Helmsley to the turnbuckle with a catapult! Montoya followed up with several drop kicks and a big time hip toss! Montoya then went for a backdrop but Helmsley countered with a kick to the face and then the Pedigree! Helmsley covered and scored the 1,2,3! After the match was over we saw Hunter Hearst Helmsley celebrating his big win.

75, 66, 85 ***

Interview with Goldust

We're taken to the interview area where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Goldust!

Dok Hendrix- Goldust today on Superstars you prepare to take on Bob Holly. But at the Royal Rumble next Sunday night you face Razor Ramon for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Goldust what are your thoughts on today's match with Bob Holly and then the Royal Rumble?

Goldust- Dok Hendrix today Bob Holly is going to know first hand what happens when you're in the eyes of Goldust. Bob I've been watching you and I like what I've seen. Bob Holly if you want to a driver today then you can use me... And Razor we're only days away from you finding out that you don't have to be scared of the Golden one. Razor Ramon next Sunday night you're going to see that you and I are meant to be....

Dok Hendrix- Fans stay tuned because up next Goldust takes on Bob Holly!

Goldust gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust Vs. Bob Holly

Bob Holly didn't let Goldust's mind games get to him as Holly jumped Goldust right from the get go! Holly beat down Goldust and rammed Goldust's head onto the turnbuckle in the corner! Holly then hit a atomic drop and a clothesline sending Goldust out to the floor! Holly went after Goldust on the outside but ended up getting sent to the steel ring post! Goldust then slammed Holly out on the floor! Back inside the ring, Goldust hit a big back breaker and then a back suplex putting Holly down. Goldust continued giving Holly some punishment and at times he would "rub" Holly. Goldust had Holly down after a uppercut but lifted Holly up and attempted the Curtain Call.... But Holly got out of it and fought back running over Goldust with three clotheslines one right after the other. Holly then hit a big bulldog for 2 and followed up with a high drop kick for another near fall. Holly went for a german suplex but Goldust countered with a elbow shot the face of Holly. Goldust then hit the Curtain Call for the win. Superstars went off the air with Goldust celebrating his win.

84, 75, 93 ***3/4

OR Rating- 76

TV Rating- 2.84

WCW

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 6,525

Ticket Sales- $261,000

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 7,018

Ticket Sales- $280,720

Sophie says "Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!", "Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values."

Pat Patterson says "Duke Droese and Brooklyn Brawler work pretty well together due to their similar styles.", "Isaac Yankem DDS and Marty Jannetty didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?",

Brooklyn Brawler says "I think i should be higher up the card."

Issac Yankem DDS says "Marty Jannetty and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Fatu? I think our styles would really work well together."

Undertaker says "I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Diesel? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance."

Diesel says "I'd like to request a match or two with Undertaker. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."

user posted image

January 15th, 1996

We're six days away from the Royal Rumble and tonight WWF Monday Night Raw is being brought to you live from Charlotte, North Carolina. And what a main event the WWF has in store for the fans. Bret Hart teams up with Undertaker to face Jerry Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS! Can Bret Hart and Undertaker work together tonight?

We're also going to see Vader wrestle in a handicap match. Vader's opponents will be Aldo Montoya and Barry Horowitz. Can Vader overcome the two against one disadvantage?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Vader Vs. Aldo Montoya and Barry Horowitz

Razor Ramon/Ahmed Johnson Vs. Goldust/Jeff Jarrett

Diesel Vs. Fatu

Jake Roberts Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

And in the main event we'll see Jerry Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS go up against Undertaker and Bret Hart.

user posted image

Date: January 15th, 1996

Arena: The Charlotte, Coliseum

Attendance: 7,048

Ticket Sales: $281,920

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's big tag team main event of Bret "The Hitman" Hart teaming up with Undertaker to face Jerry "The King" Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS! We're only six days away from the Royal Rumble!

Interview with Camp Cornette

The music of Camp Cornette hits the arena to boos from the fans as James E. Cornette leads Camp Cornette down to the ring. James E. Cornette is handed a microphone boos him and Camp Cornette.

James E. Cornette- Cut our music! Now then this Sunday night it's the Royal Rumble! And we got four members of Camp Cornette in that ring. And each one of them is very capable of winning. We got British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Yokozuna and Vader all representing Camp Cornette. Each one of you have what it takes to win but remember to show some unity out there. It might be every man for himself but wait until it's down to the four of you! But tonight we're going to see the newest member of Camp Cornette in action. Vader will take on two men tonight all by himself! Vader's going to show everyone what he's made of her tonight!

Everyone except Vader and James E. Cornette leave the ring and head to the back. James E. Cornette stands in the ring with Vader talking over a game plan as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

James E. Cornette gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Handicap Match

Vader with James E. Cornette Vs. Barry Horowitz and Aldo Montoya

Monday Night Raw came back from the break with Vader dominating Horowitz in the corner. Montoya came into the ring but got knocked down by a stiff clothesline! Vader lifted Horowitz up and suplexed him and then Montoya felt a big gorilla press slam! Vader then put Montoya in the corner and tossed Horowitz in there as well. Vader charged at both men with a huge avalanche as Cornette cheered from ringside. Vader then powerbombed Montoya and then Horowitz. Vader put Montoya and Horowitz side by side and headed up top.... A big Vader moonsault followed hitting both men! Vader covered and got the one, two, three. Afterwards Cornette came into the ring and raised Vader's arm high in the air shouting "It's time, It's time... It's Vader time!"

69, 60, 79 **1/4

The announcers made sure to hype Vader up as a real threat in the Royal Rumble match up this Sunday night. The announcers mentioned that it's everyone from themselves at the Royal Rumble Sunday night! We then went to a commercial break with Vince McMahon saying that up next we'd hear from Ted DiBiase and the Corporation!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ted DiBiase has a offer for Savio Vega

The music of the Corporation hits the arena to boos from the crowd as Ted DiBiase leads 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka and Kama down to the ring. Ted DiBiase is handed a microphone.

Ted DiBiase- The Royal Rumble is only six days away and last night I found out that Gorilla Monsoon made a match for the Royal Rumble where it'll be Savio Vega taking on any member of the Corporation. Now President Monsoon I got a new member of the Corporation coming in on Sunday night and he'll be the one in action against Savio Vega. But Savio I want you to come down here to this ring and listen to what I have to say. I have a proposition for you and you might want to hear this! So come on down here and listen to what I have to say!

Ted DiBiase and the Corporation wait in the ring... Savio Vega's music then hits the arena to a good pop from the crowd as the fiery Puerto, Rican makes his way down to the ring. Savio gets inside the ring as the Corporation stands back.

Ted DiBiase- Savio I'm glad you decided to come out here. Now you must be wondering who you will be facing at the Royal Rumble. Well it won't be 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka or Kama! No I got a new member of the Corporation coming in this Sunday! And Savio this man is a true master of the ring. But Savio you don't have to step into the ring with him. Because if you do go in there with him you're just going to get beat down. Savio I want you to forfit this match. There's no need for you to get your butt kicked by the newest member of the Corporation. Savio you can just take the day off and go to Mexico. Have a good time and not get your butt kicked! Or you can go down to my mansion and clean my toilets! Ha ha ha!

Savio just stares down DiBiase and nails DiBiase with a right hand! Savio goes after DiBiase but gets jumped by Kama, Tatanka and Kid! They take Savio down and stomp down on Savio! Kama lifts Savio up to his feet and delivers the Supreme Driver! Kama drags Savio back up to his feet and sends Savio into a spinning back heel from 1-2-3 Kid! They put the boots to Savio as DiBiase gets up to his feet and grabs the microphone.

Ted DiBiase- Savio at the Royal Rumble you will go down! The newest member of the Corporation will destroy you! He will teach you a wrestling lesson I promise you! Savio Vega you're pathetic and at the Royal Rumble you're going to go down once and for all!

The Corporation's music hits to boos as the Corporation heads to the back. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Savio Vega being laid out in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson and Razor Ramon Vs. Jeff Jarrett and Goldust

Razor and Ahmed Johnson didn't wait for their opponents to get down to the ring as they jumped them during their entrances! Razor brawled with Goldust beating down Goldust while Johnson beat the hell out of Jarrett inside the ring. Goldust though ran from Razor and went to his corner. Johnson continued beating down Jarrett and ran over Jarrett with three clotheslines one right after the other! Jarrett crawled to his corner and tagged Goldust in while Johnson tagged Razor in. Razor beat down Goldust with right hands not backing off Goldust. Razor went for a early Razor's Edge attempt but Goldust rolled to the outside. Razor ended up going out after Goldust and got nailed with a clothesline by Jarrett! Jarrett then rolled Razor back inside the ring where he was met by a Goldust clothesline. The heels then isolated Razor with Jarrett working over Razor's leg and Goldust feeling up on Razor a couple times. Jarrett and Goldust then went for a double clothesline to Razor but Razor ended up ducking it and running right over both men with a double clothesline! Razor then made the hot tag to Ahmed Johnson! Johnson came into the ring and cleaned house knocking down both Goldust and Jarrett with clotheslines and right hands! Razor then sent Goldust out to the floor and brawled with Goldust on the outside. Johnson sent Jarrett for the ride and caught Jarrett with a spinebuster! Johnson then dragged Jarrett up to his feet and delivered the Pearl River Plunge for the win! Afterwards Razor Ramon came into the ring and he and Ahmed Johnson celebrated their big win. Goldust helped Jarrett to the back as Razor Ramon told Goldust he'd see Goldust this Sunday night.

84, 85, 82 ***3/4

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross hyped the Razor Ramon versus Goldust Intercontinental Championship match as well as the big Ahmed Johnson versus Jeff Jarrett match. Monday Night Raw then went to a commercial break with Vince McMahon saying that we'd hear from Sunny up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sunny sets up Smoking Gunns!

Sunny's theme hits the arena to a mixed reaction from the crowd as Sunny makes his way down to the ring with a smile on her face. Sunny gets inside the ring and is handed a microphone.

Sunny- I know that everyone here came to see Sunny! I'm the manager of the best tag team in the history of the World Wrestling Federation... The Bodydonnas! And Sunday night Skip and Zip are going to once again between Smoking Gunns and this time walk out as the new WWF Tag Team Champions! Skip and Zip have beaten Bart and Billy before and on Sunday night they'll do it once again! Sunday night at the Royal Rumble we're going to have new tag team champions! Smoking Gunns will be history at the Royal Rumble I promise everyone! The Smoking Gunns will go down to the next big tag team in professional wrestling The Bodydonnas!

Sunny is interrupted by the music of Smoking Gunns to a good pop from the crowd as Billy and Bart make their way down to the ring. Sunny looks a bit concerned as the champs get inside the ring.

Sunny- Hey you two don't come anywhere near me! The Bodydonnas aren't here tonight! I don't know what you two would want with me!

Billy snatches the microphone from Sunny to cheers from the fans.

Billy Gunn- Shut up! We're not here to hurt you! We're here to tell you that if you interfere in our match this Sunday night you will get hurt! We worked very hard to become the champions and you won't screw us out of these titles! We....

Billy and Bart get jumped from behind by The Bodydonnas who ran in from the back! Zip and Skip put Smoking Gunns down to the canvas as Sunny cheers them on. The Smoking Gunns are left laid out as The Bodydonnas stand over them victorious.

Sunny- You two should know that Sunny always gets what she wants! And at the Royal Rumble I want The Bodydonnas to walk out as the new WWF Tag Team Champions and believe me it'll happen! At the Royal Rumble Skip and Zip will be the new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions!

The music of The Bodydonnas hit the arena to boos as Sunny, Zip and Skip head to the back. The Smoking Gunns are left laid out in the ring. Monday Night Raw then goes to a commercial break.

Sunny lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Diesel Vs. Fatu

Diesel carried Fatu to a good match up here tonight. Fatu got some early shots in on "Big Daddy Cool" early in the match but Diesel just shrugged it off and beat the living day lights out of Fatu. Diesel pounded away on Fatu in the corner with knees to the midsection and then a couple back elbow shots to the face. Diesel then choked Fatu down with his big boot in the corner as the crowd started a "Diesel" chant. Diesel then hit a short arm clothesline and dropped three elbow drops to Fatu for near falls. Diesel continued pounding away on Fatu and late into the match Diesel attempted the Jackknife Powerbomb but Fatu countered into a back body drop! Fatu then hit Diesel with right hands and delivered a big samoan drop to Diesel but "Big D" kicked out at 2! Fatu lifted Diesel up and sent Diesel for the ride... Fatu went for a clothesline but it was ducked... Diesel then hit a big boot to Fatu! Diesel lifted Fatu up and quickly hit the Jackknife Powerbomb! Diesel put his foot across Fatu's chest for the easy 1,2,3. Diesel though wasn't done and lifted Fatu back up to his feet.... Diesel hit another Jackknife Powerbomb to Fatu! The crowd though cheered Diesel as Fatu was left laid out. Diesel looked at the camera and told everyone that he's winning the Royal Rumble.

80, 76, 84 ***

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross didn't know what to make out of Diesel's behavior but they made sure to hype Diesel up as the favorite to win the Royal Rumble match Sunday night. The announcers then took us to the back where Dok Hendrix is standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

We're taken to the interview area backstage where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Dok Hendrix- Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight you prepare to take on Jake "The Snake" Roberts in singles competition. But this Sunday night you will be entered in the Royal Rumble match. These will be twenty nine other men in there going after you to try to win. What's going to be your game plan?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Dok Hendrix my plan is to simply go into the Royal Rumble and eliminate everyone in my way. I don't care who's in my way whether it'd be Diesel, Shawn Michaels whoever gets in my way will go flying over that top rope! I am the very best that the World Wrestling Federation has to offer and I promise you that I will win the Royal Rumble!

Dok Hendrix- Well what are your thoughts on tonight's match with Jake "The Snake" Roberts?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Dok Hendrix Jake Roberts shouldn't be in the ring with me. He should be at a AA meeting. Jake Roberts is a washed up old man and he has nothing on Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Jake Roberts you're way past your prime and everyone knows it. Putting me against you is a joke. You're not in my league and you never were in my league Jake. Tonight you're going to get planted with the Pedigree right in the middle of the ring!

Dok Hendrix- Fans don't go anywhere because up next Hunter Hearst Helmsley takes on Jake "The Snake" Roberts!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Jake Roberts

Jake came down to the ring with a bag! Helmsley didn't waste any time as he jumped Roberts from behind! Helmsley stomped away on Roberts in the corner putting the boots to Jake "The Snake". Helmsley used a couple suplexes to keep Jake down and then came running out of the corner with a knee drop to Roberts for a near fall. Helmsley worked over Jake's back and tossed Roberts out to the floor! Hunter then sent Roberts to the steel steps! Helmsley rolled Roberts back inside the ring and hit a knee buster for a slow 2 count. Helmsley then went for the Pedigree but Roberts countered out of it with a catapult sending Helmsley to the turnbuckle! Roberts followed up several right hands to Helmsley and then a atomic drop! Roberts then ran right over Helmsley with a clothesline for a 2 count. Roberts lifted Helmsley up and went for the DDT but Helmsley countered and shoved Roberts to the ropes. Helmsley planted Roberts with a kick to the gut and then delivered the Pedigree! Helmsley covered and scored the 1,2,3. Afterwards Helmsley stood over Roberts and posed as the crowd booed the blue blooded snob.

76, 77, 75 **1/4

The announcers hyped the fact that Hunter Hearst Helmsley is entered in the Royal Rumble and he just beat another man who's going to be in the Royal Rumble this Sunday night. Vince McMahon then mentioned that Shawn Michaels would be making his return to the ring after almost two months of being put on the shelf by Owen Hart.

HBK returns Sunday night!

A video is shown highlighting the career of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels here in the World Wrestling Federation. It shows footage of all of Michaels' title wins and footage of Michaels delivering the big elbow drop to several opponents and the Sweet Chin Music to many different men as well. It also shows Michaels' amazing Royal Rumble win last year. The video ends with a shot of Michaels saying that he'd be back this Sunday night!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Jerry "The King" Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS

When Monday Night Raw returns from the break we're taken to the interview area backstage where Todd Pettengill is standing by with Jerry "The King" Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS.

Todd Pettengill- Jerry "The King" Lawler you and Isaac Yankem DDS will team up tonight to face the tag team of Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Undertaker. Jerry Lawler you and Isaac Yankem DDS have had your share of problems with Bret Hart in the past....

Jerry "The King" Lawler- Todd Pettengill what you are looking at right here is the most dominant force in the WWF. Bret Hart you and Undertaker won't be able to beat us! Bret I've beaten you before and even dedicated the win to Helen! Ha! ha!

Isaac Yankem DDS- Undertaker and Bret Hart it's been a long time since either one of you had had a check up! Tonight Dr. Isaac Yankem DDS will yank those rotten teeth right out of your mouths!

Jerry "The King" Lawler- Bret Hart's teeth are so rotten that he's pulled a Stu Hart and started only eating apple sauce!

Todd Pettengill- Come on King there's no need for that....

Jerry "The King" Lawler- Hey if you don't watch it I'll get Isaac Yankem to cavity search you!

Isaac Yankem DDS stares down Pettengill who looks a bit scared.....

Todd Pettengill- Fans don't go away because up next it's the big tag team main event match up!

Jerry Lawler gained overness from this segment.

Isaac Yankem DDS gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jerry "The King" Lawler and Isaac Yankem DDS Vs. Bret Hart and Undertaker with Paul Bearer

Undertaker and Bret Hart started off staring each other down. Undertaker then started off against Yankem getting the best of Yankem. Undertaker nailed Yankem with big right hands in the corner and then followed up with a pair of snake eyes and a quick clothesline. Undertaker then tagged Bret Hart in who also did some damage to Yankem. Hart worked over Yankem's legs and attempted the Sharpshooter early on but Yankem countered sending Hart to the steel ring post shoulder first! Yankem then hit the DDT to Hart but tagged Lawler in instead of covering. Lawler stomped away on Hart continuing their intense rivalry from last year. Lawler and Yankem double teamed Hart and they'd taunt Undertaker so he'd get rilled up and try to come into the ring leaving an opening for more double teaming. Lawler and Yankem then went for a double suplex to Hart but he countered and delivered a double DDT to both men! Bret Hart was then able to make the hot tag to Undertaker! Undertaker came into the ring and cleaned house taking out Lawler and then Isaac Yankem! Undertaker hit both men with right hands and then drilled Yankem with a big boot! Bret Hart sent Lawler out to the floor and went after Lawler leaving Yankem alone in the ring with Undertaker. Undertaker nailed Yankem with right hands and followed up with the walk on the ropes. Undertaker finished Yankem off with a Choke Slam and then the Tombstone for the win! Lawler helped Yankem to the back as Bret Hart came into the ring and stared down Undertaker..... Monday Night Raw went off the air with both Undertaker and Hart staring each other down.

83, 81, 85 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 6.49

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.07

Attendance- 6,524

Ticket Sales- $260,960

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.93

Attendance- 6,540

Ticket Sales- $261,600

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.31

Attendance- 436

Ticket Sales- $8,720

Sophie says "Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"

Fatu says "I think you might be pushing me too high up the card, the fans seem to be resenting me."

In other news

WCW have fired Ice Train!

WCW have fired Chris Kanyon!

WCW have fired Psychosis!

WCW have signed King Kong Bundy to a written contract!

WCW have signed Keiji Muto to a written contract!

WCW have signed Shane Douglas to a written contract!

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes....

Hi this is Mike and I attended Monday Night Raw live from Charlotte, North Carolina. The evening started off with Howard Finkel coming down to the ring and telling us that matches would take place before and after the show. Then the dark matches began.

Dark Matches

1. Fatu defeated The Goon at 3:22 with the Fatu Driver. Nothing too special... Fatu picks up the win with the Fatu Driver.

2. Savio Vega defeated Kama at 4:33 with a spinning heel kick. Decent match... The ending comes when DiBiase tries to interfere but it backfires and Kama ended up getting nailed by a spinning heel kick from Vega for the three.

3. Crush defeated Bob Holly at 5:44 with the Heart Punch. Crush looked good in the ring with Holly bumping around for him. Crush won with a Heart Punch.

4. Mabel defeated Hakushi at 2:11 with a Big Splash. Squash match with Mabel quickly hitting a Big Splash for the 1,2,3.

Afterwards Jim Ross and Vince McMahon came down to the ring for Monday Night Raw. It was another great show put on by the WWF. Undertaker got the biggest ovation from the crowd by far.

Dark matches after Monday Night Raw went off the air.

Afterwards Bret Hart and Undertaker posed for a bit.... They then left as Howard Finkel told the fans that there were more to come.

1. Sycho Sid defeated Owen Hart at 7:42 with a powerbomb. Sid got a great pop from the crowd. Owen worked well with Sid but in the end Sid nailed a Choke Slam and followed up with a Powerbomb for the win.

2. 1-2-3 Kid defeated Marty Jannetty at 5:21 with the 1-2-3 Kick. Kid made Jannetty look good out there and won the match with his top turnbuckle 1-2-3 Kick.

3. Shawn Michaels defeated British Bulldog at 12:11 with Sweet Chin Music. Bulldog came down to the ring and challenged anyone to a match. HBK's music then hit the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd! Michaels and Bulldog put on a good match with Michaels beating Bulldog with Sweet Chin Music. Afterwards Owen Hart came down from the back and jumped HBK but Diesel ran in for the save. Diesel and Michaels then posed. HBK and Diesel eventually headed to the back and Howard Finkel thanked us for coming.

Top 5 Pops

1. Undertaker

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Bret Hart

4. Razor Ramon/Ahmed Johnson

5. Sycho Sid

Top 5 Heat

1. Owen Hart

2. British Bulldog

3. Vader

4. Jeff Jarrett/Goldust

5. 1-2-3 Kid

user posted image

snapshot of the night

user posted image

Date: January 21st, 1996

Arena: The Selland Arena

Final Card

Free For All Match

Winner gets #30 spot in the Royal Rumble

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Marty Jannetty

Grudge Match

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Jeff Jarrett

Battle For Revenge

Savio Vega Vs. ?

Razor Ramon© Vs. Goldust

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns© Vs. The Bodydonnas

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Bret Hart© Vs. Undertaker

Royal Rumble Match

Featuring- Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Duke Droese, Yokozuna, Tatanka, Mabel, 1-2-3 Kid, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Fatu, Jerry Lawler, Owen Hart, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, British Bulldog, Crush, Sycho Sid, Bob Holly, Isaac Yankem DDS, Kama, Vader, Phineous I. Godwinn, Henry O. Godwinn, Marty Jannetty, Hakushi, Aldo Montoya, Barry Horowitz, Mystery Entrant #1, Mystery Entrant #2, Mystery Entrant #3, Mystery Entrant #4, Mystery Entrant #5

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be Savio Vega's mystery opponent brought by Ted DiBiase?

2. What match will get the best quality rating?

3. What match will get the worst quality rating?

4. Who are the five mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble?

5. Which two men are returning to the WWF in the Royal Rumble match? (they're not the mystery entrants and Michaels does not count!)

6. Who will eliminate the most people in the Royal Rumble?

7. Who will enter at #1 in the Royal Rumble?

8. Who will be the first man eliminated in the Royal Rumble?

9. Who will be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble?

10. Who will be the final four men in the Royal Rumble?

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Free For All Match

Grudge Match

Battle For Revenge

Savio Vega Vs. ?

Razor Ramon© Vs. Goldust

Royal Rumble Match

Featuring- Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Duke Droese, Yokozuna, Tatanka, Mabel, 1-2-3 Kid, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Fatu, Jerry Lawler, Owen Hart, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, British Bulldog, Crush, Sycho Sid, Bob Holly, Isaac Yankem DDS, Kama, Vader, Phineous I. Godwinn, Henry O. Godwinn, Marty Jannetty, Hakushi, Aldo Montoya, Barry Horowitz, Mystery Entrant #1, Mystery Entrant #2, Mystery Entrant #3, Mystery Entrant #4, Mystery Entrant #5

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be Savio Vega's mystery opponent brought by Ted DiBiase? Sycho Sid

2. What match will get the best quality rating? Razor/Goldust

3. What match will get the worst quality rating? Rumble

4. Who are the five mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble? Bam Bam Bigelow, Sgt. Slaughter, Steve Austin, Sid, Roddy Piper

5. Which two men are returning to the WWF in the Royal Rumble match? (they're not the mystery entrants and Michaels does not count!) Jake Roberts & Sycho Sid

6. Who will eliminate the most people in the Royal Rumble? Shawn Michaels

7. Who will enter at #1 in the Royal Rumble? Owen Hart

8. Who will be the first man eliminated in the Royal Rumble? Mabel

9. Who will be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble? HBK, Owen, Sid, Piper, Austin, Diesel, Yokozuna, Vader, Crush, HHH

10. Who will be the final four men in the Royal Rumble? HBK, Diesel, Austin, Vader

Free For All Match

Grudge Match

Battle For Revenge

Savio Vega Vs. ?

Razor Ramon© Vs. Goldust

Royal Rumble Match

Tie Breakers

1. Who will be Savio Vega's mystery opponent brought by Ted DiBiase? Steve Austin

2. What match will get the best quality rating? Savio/Austin

3. What match will get the worst quality rating? Rumble

4. Who are the five mystery entrants in the Royal Rumble? Piper, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Bob Backlund and Curt Hennig

5. Which two men are returning to the WWF in the Royal Rumble match? (they're not the mystery entrants and Michaels does not count!) Crush and Sid

6. Who will eliminate the most people in the Royal Rumble? Vader

7. Who will enter at #1 in the Royal Rumble? Kama

8. Who will be the first man eliminated in the Royal Rumble? Phineas

9. Who will be the final ten men in the Royal Rumble? Michaels, Diesel, Sid, Vader, Owen, Bulldog, Helmsley, Crush, Hennig and Yokozuna

10. Who will be the final four men in the Royal Rumble? Michaels, Diesel, Sid and Vader