(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

"Planets Collide" by Crowbar is properly soul-crushing. "No Celebration" by Paradise Lost. Any real funeral doom; it's not really my genre of choice so I don't know many bands out of there.

I am assuming this is for a film project or something, I've got no interest in providing an actual suicide soundtrack. Just for the record.

"Mastery Of Creation" by Wormsblood, some of the best black metal that actually evokes anything remotely depressive or sad without the vocalist trying to sound like an elephant getting a barbed wire enema. Likewise in the same vein, "Dead As Dreams" by Weakling and "Earth Turned Skywards" by Deafest.

Ah, now I have to go relisten to Dead As Dreams. Anyone a fan of Gospel here? Really dug their album, was kind of a hardcore/black metal mix.

Also, was just introduced to Mournful Congregation. I know, I JUST said I don't listen to much funeral doom, but this shit is great.

Anyone got some suggestions for the "soundtrack to a suicide"?

The slower side of Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip" and the entirety of the last SunnO))) album should just about do it.

New Orange Goblin is fucking awful.

Really? :( I was actually quite looking forward to it.

Anyone got some suggestions for the "soundtrack to a suicide"?

The slower side of Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip" and the entirety of the last SunnO))) album should just about do it.

The entirety of most SunnO))) albums should do it.

I'm also fond of Earth's The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull for that category too.

I'm also fond of Earth's The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull for that category too.

I've always thought of The Bees Made Honey... as a very bright album, if not exactly happy. If you want depressing Earth, try Hex: Or Printing in the Infernal Method, or either of the Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light albums. Or just try Unearthly Trance, especially Season of Seance, Science of Silence.

Yeah, I've always found Bees Make Honey to be incredibly beautiful. It's introspective, and kind of spiritual in its way, but it's certainly not depressing.

That reminds me, Frances Morgan interviewed Dylan Carlson for Plan B magazine just before that album came out, and he said he'd love to do the same kind of music with Mark Lanegan on vocals. Somebody make that fucking happen, yesterday.

Also - totally probably seeing Earth again in two weeks. Cannot wait.

That reminds me, Frances Morgan interviewed Dylan Carlson for Plan B magazine just before that album came out, and he said he'd love to do the same kind of music with Mark Lanegan on vocals. Somebody make that fucking happen, yesterday.

Yes yes yes yes yes.

Reminded me that I don't have any Mark Lanegan or Screaming Trees on my computer, a fact that must be rectified.

Woah, man. It's all, like, an opinion - I'd totally kill myself to Bees.... :shifty:

Really, though, almost any drone could do as far as a soundtrack for suicide. >_>