Sign in to follow this  
RKOwnage

(Un)Official Metal Thread

So after hearing them on the radio for months now and liking "Rats" and "Dance Macabre", I decided to give Ghosts "Prequelle" a listen on Spotify and, wow, I can see why this was nominated for Metal Album of the Year.  Just thought it was amazing from start to finish.  Is the rest of Ghosts albums like that?  I loved it

• Like 2

Meliora is pretty good. Infestissumam and Opus Eponymous are both heavier and sound a little different from Meliora and Prequelle.

Check out Meliora though. I think if you dig Prequelle you'll like Meliora. "From The Pinnacle To The Pit", "Cirice", "He Is", "Majesty", and "Mummy Dust" are probably my favorite tracks off Meliora.

Also, check out "Ghuleh/Zombie Queen" off of Infestissumam. Probably one of my favorite Ghost tracks, and a song I desperately want Jimmy Jacobs to use as a theme song somewhere on the indies. >_>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

Meliora is pretty good. Infestissumam and Opus Eponymous are both heavier and sound a little different from Meliora and Prequelle.

Check out Meliora though. I think if you dig Prequelle you'll like Meliora. "From The Pinnacle To The Pit", "Cirice", "He Is", "Majesty", and "Mummy Dust" are probably my favorite tracks off Meliora.

Also, check out "Ghuleh/Zombie Queen" off of Infestissumam. Probably one of my favorite Ghost tracks, and a song I desperately want Jimmy Jacobs to use as a theme song somewhere on the indies. >_>

I did see the performance of "Cirice" on The Late Show and really liked it.  Guess I'll be spending the weekend listening to Ghost

• Like 1

I love that performance. Love the audience members/plants that sort of stagger/zombie walk up to the stage and, as one of the commenters says, Papa Emeritus "exorcises" that girl. 

• Like 1

Well if the rest of the albums are even half as good as Prequelle was, I'll be happy.  I even loved the largely instrumental songs.  That one with the saxophone leading into Dance Macabre was great

8 minutes ago, Lint said:

Well if the rest of the albums are even half as good as Prequelle was, I'll be happy.  I even loved the largely instrumental songs.  That one with the saxophone leading into Dance Macabre was great

It's funny, that song ("Miasma") is my least favorite track off Prequelle. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's album filler. 

12 minutes ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

It's funny, that song ("Miasma") is my least favorite track off Prequelle. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's album filler. 

It does feel like filler, but leading into Dance Macabre I felt like it fit.  Anywhere else would've definitely felt "off"

• Like 1

The lineup for Psycho Las Vegas is ridiculous.  Can't make it out there for it, but there's a lot of good bands on it.

Edited by Lowerdeck
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 07:30, Lint said:

So after hearing them on the radio for months now and liking "Rats" and "Dance Macabre", I decided to give Ghosts "Prequelle" a listen on Spotify and, wow, I can see why this was nominated for Metal Album of the Year.  Just thought it was amazing from start to finish.  Is the rest of Ghosts albums like that?  I loved it

On 16/03/2019 at 07:51, Howdy Cloudy said:

I did a discography review on my blog a few years ago that covered the first three albums: https://garethjhunt.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/discography-review-ghost/:) 

• Like 1