(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Bah, my favourite bands change a lot dependent on mood. However, I'd say my top 3 would probably be:

1. Iron Maiden

2. Metallica

3. Sonata Arctica or Dragonforce (depending on mood)

A lot of metal bands I tend to like certain songs rather than the band as a whole. For example 'Battle Hymn' by Manowar is a great track, but I haven't really found another song by them that I actually like. A similar thing could be said of Stratovarius ('Eagleheart' being my favourite), though its more that a lot of their stuff seems a bit average rather than 'not good'.

Edited by Dragon-F'n-Force!

Stratovarius are very 'meh', yeah.

I mean, Soul of a Vagabond and I Walk To My Own Song are brilliant, but most of the songs are audible only to bats and some unlucky species of dog.

Timo Kotipelto makes other power metal vocalists sound manly and gruff.

Elements and Elements, pt.2 are good albums, all their best songs are on there. The rest are very meh. Even Elements pt.2 only has two decent songs (I Walk To My Own Song, which is brilliant, and Awaken the Giant). If I hear Papillon or Alpha and Omega one more time... Gahhhh.

Papillon is probably my least favourite song (by a band I generally like) in the entire world.

Edit: Hooooly shit, I forgot one of my favourite songs. Bloodstone is awesome. But that doesn't count, because it's not their song and the original is better anyway.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Rather than make a whole new topic, does anybody know a good site to find band t-shirts? I'm interested in getting a new one as I haven't gotten one in awhile and I need some new clothes anyways.

Stratovarius are very 'meh', yeah.

I mean, Soul of a Vagabond and I Walk To My Own Song are brilliant, but most of the songs are audible only to bats and some unlucky species of dog.

Timo Kotipelto makes other power metal vocalists sound manly and gruff.

Elements and Elements, pt.2 are good albums, all their best songs are on there. The rest are very meh. Even Elements pt.2 only has two decent songs (I Walk To My Own Song, which is brilliant, and Awaken the Giant). If I hear Papillon or Alpha and Omega one more time... Gahhhh.

Papillon is probably my least favourite song (by a band I generally like) in the entire world.

Edit: Hooooly shit, I forgot one of my favourite songs. Bloodstone is awesome. But that doesn't count, because it's not their song and the original is better anyway.

Oh damn.

I just got my hands on Korpiklaani's new effort, "Tervaskanto".

Oh DOUBLE DAY-HAMN. I want to hear this shit live and just dance my ass off to the grooviest beat ever to be produced from the unholy harmony of eletric guitars, drums and an accordion. Oh and there's a violin somewhere there too.