(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Babymetal are superb. So much Japanese rock and metal is fucking brilliant, dating back decades, because there's not as much cultural stigma attached to different genres. There never seemed to be the idea that if you like one thing you can't possibly like the other, or sticking rigidly to one genre, as there has been so often in the West, so you end up with amazing mish-mashes of styles that you'd hardly ever see in the US or the UK or wherever.

It's a shame it has to be someone gimmicky like Babymetal that got people noticing it, rather than someone like Sigh, for example, but they're still fucking great.

This.

The synth hook on that "MEGITSUNE" track is scary catchy, though.

New Judas Priest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhkoNQ-7uRw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People actually listen to Pirate metal?

Not as a joke?

I can understand people not taking Alestorm seriously, but in the 80s and early-to-mid 90s Running Wild used to be a force to be reckoned with. Then Rock'n'Rolf decided to fire everyone, hire some musician-mercenaries, use a drum machine (which is really obvious but he still denies to this day) and produce all the albums himself which pretty much ruined the band. But that is a different storie for a different day.

Your face is terrible :@

It just doesn't appeal to me. Alestorm do the same thing, Christopher Bowes is the better singer (I never thought that I would say this as he is the weak point of the band if you ask me) and their music is a hundred times more engaging than this.

And have I mentioned that this is the worsed cover artwirk I've seen in a while? This is how it is supposed to look like:
Black+Hand+Inn+blackhandinn.png
Every band should have cover artworks drawn by Andreas Marschall...

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08wDeWQqWnw

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIm6y7qTvwg

These have nothing to do with the argument. Just felt like posting them here.

Edited by TheLastInLine