Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It was so good! Remember to grab all the chests, you're gonna need all the potions for the boss fight. But I think there was a slight change in the story, feel free to correct me (it's been like 15 years since I played it)...

the bomb was a dud and Shinra blew up the reactor!?

Other great things:

- graphics are pretty as heck

- I'm really liking the voice acting

- Jesse, Biggs and Wedge's characterization! I feel like they were kinda just there in the original.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It was so good! Remember to grab all the chests, you're gonna need all the potions for the boss fight. But I think there was a slight change in the story, feel free to correct me (it's been like 15 years since I played it)...

Reveal hidden contents

Other great things:

- graphics are pretty as heck

- I'm really liking the voice acting

- Jesse, Biggs and Wedge's characterization! I feel like they were kinda just there in the original.

Yeah I am pretty sure thats a change from the original

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

It looks great. This is the first time I've sort of wished I had a PS4 Pro to fully appreciate how good the graphics are.

It's nice to hear orchestral versions of the old pieces of music, albeit I think the originals had a bit more punch. I think the more understated versions are nice too, but they carry less of a sense of grandeur and panic.

I'm undecided on the voice acting. I haven't experienced the newer releases in the Final Fantasy VII saga, so my versions of what the characters should sound like is still very much embedded in my own mind. Barret still has a bit of the wacky Mr. T vibe about him. Jessie, Biggs and Wedge sound good enough, though, and it's definitely nice to see them get a bit more attention.

The combat's a lot of fun, which is a big thing to consider when we're looking at a game spanning a lot of hours. Having only first played the original version a few years ago, I thought the turn-based system was adequate, but not much more than that, and I think this is a big improvement. I know it won't be to everyone's tastes, but perhaps the "Classic" system will satisfy them a little more.

All in all, I'd say I'm more likely to pre-order the game than I was before. I'm looking at it as an alternative telling of an old story and, as such, I'm not going to fuss too much about what gets changed and what doesn't. I do think there'll be a backlash among some people in that regard, but I'm happy to take the game at face value.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Square Enix has also said that physical copies are likely to be shipped early, at least in Europe and Australia. We might be lucky and get them early. I was going to go digital, but the game costs £59.99 here on the PlayStation Store. 

I went physical for the same reason it is too expensive on the PlayStation Store. I pre-ordered the other day so hopefully this is true and I get the game a couple days early :w00t:

6 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

I went physical for the same reason it is too expensive on the PlayStation Store. I pre-ordered the other day so hopefully this is true and I get the game a couple days early :w00t:

I've read this morning that EB Games in Australia is selling the game today. Maybe other retailers will be too.

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've read this morning that EB Games in Australia is selling the game today. Maybe other retailers will be too.

Yeah looks like its dropped early some places but not others. Mine is "currently awaiting dispatch from carrier." Hyped!