Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TKz attacked the shit out of that thing while it's tail's up. :shifty:

I'm MLG like that. What, you waited? What are you, some kind of scrub?

Also Skummy hit the nail on the head. FF7 is the last time they had fun. (though, being the worlds only FF8 fan, I will say I love it to bits. I'd like to see you argue with TIME COMPRESSION.) Look at any post-FF7 content related to that world and you'll notice a severe lack of talking robot cats on giant pink things and dolphin riding. There's no way current day SERIOUS BUSINESS Square doesn't ruin all that ridiculous(ly awesome) stuff.

HEY! I'm one of the biggest FF8 fans! 5/6/8/9 are the big ones for me.

IX was fun too, to be fair. I've always felt like IX was a conscious nod to the older games, with the developers knowing full well that they would never be quite like that again.

• Like 1

I don't have very strong feelings towards IX. I get what it was doing, but I jumped in at VII and VIII at the same time and then played IX straight after, so it was a massive change to what I then knew Final Fantasy as. I think if I played it for the first time now I'd love it, but something about not really getting it as a kid has just kind of soured it for me. I give it a try every so often, but I never make much progress and usually end up playing one of the others again.

I'm thinking of getting it myself - when I eventually get a job, the first thing I treat myself to will be a 3DS.

I'm going to drive my girlfriend nuts - she's a ridiculous hardcore Pokémon fan, and has proper strategies and whatnot, whereas I have every intention of forming a team consisting of Wartortle, and a bunch of those lucha mask hawk guys, and that's it. Just power on through. I nearly gave the poor girl a heart attack when she had a look at my save file on Platinum.

• Like 1

Once my money situation has been straightened out, I intend to purchase a PS3 and download any and all Final Fantasy titles available before my introduction to the series (FFX). Which one should I start off with?

Edited by Barracuda Rostigraben

...I assume that was supposed to be in the Nintendo thread, or is there some kind of Final Fantasy/Pokemon crossover for Benji to fap over? :shifty:

Yeah, I had two tabs open. Oops.

And VI is as good a starting point as any. I'd say VI or VII.

TKz attacked the shit out of that thing while it's tail's up. :shifty:

I'm MLG like that. What, you waited? What are you, some kind of scrub?

Also Skummy hit the nail on the head. FF7 is the last time they had fun. (though, being the worlds only FF8 fan, I will say I love it to bits. I'd like to see you argue with TIME COMPRESSION.) Look at any post-FF7 content related to that world and you'll notice a severe lack of talking robot cats on giant pink things and dolphin riding. There's no way current day SERIOUS BUSINESS Square doesn't ruin all that ridiculous(ly awesome) stuff.

I love VIII as well. I'm not even really sure why, though. Maybe the whole insanity of it.

Triple Triad was way more fun than the one in IX, which I've never seen the point of. The fact that VIII's linked to the actual battles and gameplay was awesome and gave you a real urge to actually play it. Even if you could completely break the game with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIE-8Q6gZ04

Man, they've learned so much from the XIII franchise and it's seemingly getting better with each game.

Why did they decide to just ditch all that and make Kingdom Hearts without Disney characters for XV? :/

I didn't think I'd reach a point where I'd rather more games in the XIII franchise.