Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time limit has me nervous. I like exploring and I'm a completionist, so I don't like being told I have to finish in a certain time. Hopefully there's a post game where the time limit isn't a factor and you can finish the stuff you skipped because of time constraints.

I bought FF7 from the PS Store and have been playing it for the last few weeks. I loved it as a kid so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've been playing it for 18 hours and I assumed I was pretty close to the end... right up until it said "Insert Disk 2."

This game goes on forever... which is awesome. Why don't they make games like this any more? :(

• Like 2

I bought FF7 from the PS Store and have been playing it for the last few weeks. I loved it as a kid so I thought I'd give it a go.

I've been playing it for 18 hours and I assumed I was pretty close to the end... right up until it said "Insert Disk 2."

This game goes on forever... which is awesome. Why don't they make games like this any more? :(

They do! Bravely Default is one such game. I've put 72 hours into it so far and I'm still only on Chapter 6 of like, 8. >_>

Ni no Kuni was pretty long as well if you did all the sub-missions. And Xenoblade Chronicles was ridiculously long. Like, over a hundred hours without trying to do all the bonus content. Really, most JRPG's are usually 40 hours+.

I'm so psyched for Lightning Returns! Gonna check out the demo tonight - anyone else planning on picking it up, it's worth playing the demo. You can unlock a special outfit just by downloading the demo and a further outfit by beating the boss of the demo and uploading your time.

And yes Ollie, XIII-2 is everything you probably wanted XIII to be. You can catch Chocobos and have them be a member of your party. It's probably one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, thinking about it. Not above VII, VIII or X, but I'd put it above a lot of the rest.

I've got to admit, I'm really hopeful for FFXV because it's the first main series game since VII/VIII that's had Nomura as one of the main architects rather than just a designer. I'm almost certain I'm getting my hopes up for nothing.

Issent 15 just one of the 13 spinoffs gone big?

I think I'll give it a go because hey, it's only a fiver.

Someone remind me how XIII ended? I know you beat that big baby thing and that woman got turned into a crystal or something and then through the power of heart everything was nice again. Is that right?

I've got to admit, I'm really hopeful for FFXV because it's the first main series game since VII/VIII that's had Nomura as one of the main architects rather than just a designer. I'm almost certain I'm getting my hopes up for nothing.

Issent 15 just one of the 13 spinoffs gone big?

Kind of, it was part of "Fabula Nova Chrysalis", which was a combination of games that had similar themes, but were set in different worlds and with different characters. Really they were no more similar than any Final Fantasy from another, except more oriented on the action-RPG element, but for whatever reason they tried to make them a grouped entity.

About Fabula Nova Crystallis in general:

Motomu Toriyama: "The development of the three games was started at the same time and we gathered to try and find a common platform to stand on and try to build from. But since then, we've been working completely independently of each other. Each game is evolving in its own direction and take place in separate worlds with their own main characters. There exists basically no cooperation between the different teams. I wouldn't even want to claim that we communicate with each other."

Tetsuya Nomura: "The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme."

- May 2007 interview

I think I'll give it a go because hey, it's only a fiver.

Someone remind me how XIII ended? I know you beat that big baby thing and that woman got turned into a crystal or something and then through the power of heart everything was nice again. Is that right?

I played XIII-2 without ever beating XIII. (I've since gone back and done it and hey it wasn't so bad actually)

Uuh I think Vanielle and Fang end up becoming Ragnarok (a big scary ice thing, not the ship from FFVIII) and stop the world from ending and from Cocoon (the futuristic planet in the first half) crashing into Pulse (the planet from the second half).

Really the whole thing is a brand new story, just using the same characters. All you really need to know is that after saving everything and everyone, Lightning disappears for some reason and you play as her sister that gets frozen in the first game. It's all kind of explained in the first 10 minutes.