Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it, re-releasing it as a seperate thing than the PSN version feels like such a cop out. Basically, they want you to pay for the game again, for no new content, just for the convinence of playing on a PS4 rather than a PS3 or Vita.

Not sure what else I expected from Square-Enix, though.

• Like 1

Apparently the X/X-2 remasters are coming to PS4 too so will be interesting to see if that'll be a separate purchase or come under the same license as the ones you might already own. Do the current digital releases let you play it on PS3 and Vita or do you need to double dip?

Now that I think about it, re-releasing it as a seperate thing than the PSN version feels like such a cop out. Basically, they want you to pay for the game again, for no new content, just for the convinence of playing on a PS4 rather than a PS3 or Vita.

Not sure what else I expected from Square-Enix, though.

It's shitty, but it's not like this is a Square-Enix only thing. It's a shitty industry practice, not just a shitty SE practice.

• 1 month later...

I picked it up on Vita but not PS3. Dunno if I'll go for PS4, as having it portable is wonderful, but it's cool that the options there. Now if only they could release MGS HD on PS4... God damn lack of pressure sensitive buttons.

...what you said, except I went PS3. Will pick up again once I remember to/get the money to buy a Vita.

X-2 was the last good Final Fantasy game for my money. XIII-2 was alright, but everything came together pretty well for a complete experience in X-2. Loved the battle system and it was packed with content. New Game+ was a pretty nice addition on top of that.

X-2 was great. It got criticised a lot for the "pyjama party" element a lot, but really it was no more silly than any other Final Fantasy (cross-dressing mafia boss seduction, anyone?). The battle system in that game was as close to perfect as I've ever played. In time I grew to like XII and XIII's trilogy, but I'd arguably have liked them more and from the start without the Final Fantasy name yada yada I've said this before so many times you're probably sick of it :shifty: It's weird what long established expectations bring to your opinion of a game with the same name, no matter how good it is.

Yeah, I think the only reason Vaan is the lead character is he's a complete blank slate and thus a workable avatar. He and Penelo are literally just filler for the badassery that is Ashe, Balthier and Basch. I can take or leave Fran but she's an acceptable Chewie to Balthier's Han.

Oh god I wanna play XII again. I hope we get a HD remaster of that some day, I'd totally dig exploring those glorious landscapes in 60fps.

• Like 1