Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

As I always, say, IX isn't the best, it's simply my favourite. As far as the best game goes, X is probably my choice. Speaking of which, as of two days ago it was ten years since I first played that game on day of release. Ten. Fucking. Years. Madness.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, no. I can't stand X. I think in terms of gameplay and in terms of story, it's one of the weaker games in the series, with only a pretty good battle system going for it.

The Sphere Grid is awful, and little more than an attempt to create the illusion of choice over a linear levelling process, Blitzball is a ridiculous, overly convoluted, and generally shitty mini-game (the whole point of a mad underwater ball game is surely being able to move in three dimensions. So naturally, you only get to move in two), the characters are awful, and the story, while not quite Final Fantasy VIII, is forgettable and stupid.

That's my opinion anyway >_>

Personally, I'd say there's a damn good case for IX to be called one of, if not the best, in the series. The story's simplistic, but solid, the characters are actually likeable, and it's easily the most fun to play, and has some of the best mini-games, side-quests and sub-plots, and general optional material, while never feeling like there's a ton of stuff you need a strategy guide to figure out (one of the many failings of VIII).

It comes down to being between VI, VII and IX, in my opinion. Nothing else comes close, and the series has been in decline since IX.

Jeez, no. I can't stand X. I think in terms of gameplay and in terms of story, it's one of the weaker games in the series, with only a pretty good battle system going for it.

The Sphere Grid is awful, and little more than an attempt to create the illusion of choice over a linear levelling process, Blitzball is a ridiculous, overly convoluted, and generally shitty mini-game (the whole point of a mad underwater ball game is surely being able to move in three dimensions. So naturally, you only get to move in two), the characters are awful, and the story, while not quite Final Fantasy VIII, is forgettable and stupid.

That's my opinion anyway >_>

Personally, I'd say there's a damn good case for IX to be called one of, if not the best, in the series. The story's simplistic, but solid, the characters are actually likeable, and it's easily the most fun to play, and has some of the best mini-games, side-quests and sub-plots, and general optional material, while never feeling like there's a ton of stuff you need a strategy guide to figure out (one of the many failings of VIII).

It comes down to being between VI, VII and IX, in my opinion. Nothing else comes close, and the series has been in decline since IX.

I recently replayed IX, just after replaying VI and VII, simply to get an apt comparison between what are considered the best in the series. IX is far and away the best in my eyes, VII suffers from a lot of pretty bad translation and localisation. And also the fact that the main protagonist is just such a convoluted mess doesn't help either. VI is still great, gameplay wise and story wise, but it just doesn't have nearly the level of charm or depth that IX has. IX is fantastic throughout; the music design is absolutely outstanding. The story is definitely the best in the series, helped in no small part by it's fantastically realised characters. Yeah, I love IX.

So, have you guys seen the gameplay for the new FF mobile game, Dimensions? It reminds me of 4 & 5, kinda. There's a short (1:15) gameplay video on youtube, and a couple of hands-on reviews floating around online.

I saw a bit of gameplay. Looks kind of cool, but... even if I had a tablet (which lets face it is probably the only thing big enough to play it on) I'd probably rather take my PSP with me and play some of the FF games I have on that or something.

Yeah. It's apparently coming to iOS and Android sometime in the summer, and there's no way I could see it being played on an iPhone or any Android phones. The menus would probably be fuck-off tiny.

EDIT: As for Tactics, I propose that me, Maxx & Sousa have a Tactics love-in.

I'll also use this chance to say man, fuck Sony. Apparently they're not really going to focus on PSOne Classics any more (not that they really did anyway...) so the chances of the EU seeing Legend of Dragoon get a release on PSN just got even slimmer. :(

What ending? It didn't have one <_<

But seriously, yeah, it was an okay game. Still not fantastic, but a step in the right direction outside of that ending.

Agreed. XIII-2 was an improvement over XIII and XII. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't horrid.

....Final Fantasy Dimensions? Holy fuck. Why can't that come out on Xbox live/PS3 store?! That is exactly the kind of game we've been wanting, but I don't wanna play it on my phone.