Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I had the money to risk getting custom firmware on my PSP. If I could afford to possibly brick my PSP I'd be all over that. I'm so tired of putting up with Sony just never putting anything I want on the Playstation Store. They've pretty much forgotten about PSOne classics and I don't think we'll ever see stuff like the FFVII PSP games get on there.

Explanation: the original badly translated PSX Final Fantasy Tactics called the class Lancer, while War of the Lions called them Dragoons. I'm a purist, so.

War of the Lions probably didn't insist that the gods made holy stones but more evil and posit that nobody's wants him to be king.

I recently got back to playing FF13 after a short break (of which at the time I started again I didn't know why I stopped). But then 5mins into the game I realised why I ragequitted. I was at the part where you fight Odin (I think). Its just with Lightning and Hope and it just destroys me in like 10 seconds. I looked at a guide and tried doing what it says but still I get raped every single time. I think I might be underlevelled but it's so annoying. Whats the best Combo to go with three members/ The combo that you go as alot? I usually go with Lightning , Hope as the Medic & Sazh/Snow. Not Sure which Paradigms to use to better them though.

I recently got back to playing FF13 after a short break (of which at the time I started again I didn't know why I stopped). But then 5mins into the game I realised why I ragequitted. I was at the part where you fight Odin (I think). Its just with Lightning and Hope and it just destroys me in like 10 seconds. I looked at a guide and tried doing what it says but still I get raped every single time. I think I might be underlevelled but it's so annoying. Whats the best Combo to go with three members/ The combo that you go as alot? I usually go with Lightning , Hope as the Medic & Sazh/Snow. Not Sure which Paradigms to use to better them though.

I really hated those fights...

Worst thing is, I never grind up levels on games, but I think I might need to. On a FF site it said an easy way to win is to keep healing Hope, and it works for about a minute, until Odin hits a few combos.

It's why I didn't finish it. I was under leveled for... I think his name was Barthandelus or something? And I tried a bunch of times, got really frustrated and pretty much just gave up. Because there was just nothing I could do, I wasn't a high enough level and the game actively discourages grinding by making it near impossible to do.

I've got a question about Tactics A2. Did anyone else play it?

I've had it for a while but didn't care for the item-crafting bit, but I was going through old games to sell on eBay and decided to pick it up instead of automatically selling it since it got good reviews and I love the other two Tactics games. And I'm still having trouble with item-crafting. I have the crafted weapons for exactly two Soldier actions, and you need three to get into any of the good classes. Am I just really, really terrible at this, or did anyone else have this problem? Not being able to know what you're crafting (and therefore what you're throwing away) is profoundly shitty.

It's pretty fun, but it's a lot more involved than the other Tactics games. A lot of balls to keep in the air (I still don't fully understand how territory auctions work).

I did get the items I needed to make... whatever the protagonist's name is get his last Soldier levels to become a Fighter, though. He and my Dragoon are the real heavy hitters in the party.