Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The downside is that with FFXII not having even been announced yet, we're a few years off at least. It took two years between announcement and release for X.

I always heard Vaan existed because the Square higher ups wanted someone more in line with the usual FF heroes for a lead. Which is a damn shame, because every time I try and play that game, he's a big part of what takes me out of it.

EDIT: Also, where the fuck is my EU Suikoden 1 and 2 release? I'm seriously considering getting a second Vita Memory Card, buying a $30 PSN card, setting up a US account and just stockpiling all of the great PS1 games they have that we don't. Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden 1 and 2 (for now), BoF 4, Chrono Trigger...

I never did finish FFXII and it stands as the only stain on my otherwise all completed FF record (and Lightning Returns, but I'm getting back to that soon, and the only reason I stopped was because the FFX/-2 remaster came out). Need to pull out my PS2 and finish that bastard some time.

The downside is that with FFXII not having even been announced yet, we're a few years off at least. It took two years between announcement and release for X.

I always heard Vaan existed because the Square higher ups wanted someone more in line with the usual FF heroes for a lead. Which is a damn shame, because every time I try and play that game, he's a big part of what takes me out of it.

EDIT: Also, where the fuck is my EU Suikoden 1 and 2 release? I'm seriously considering getting a second Vita Memory Card, buying a $30 PSN card, setting up a US account and just stockpiling all of the great PS1 games they have that we don't. Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden 1 and 2 (for now), BoF 4, Chrono Trigger...

The Suikoden games are supposed to release this Wednesday, according to the Playstation Blog. Don't be too surprised if they mysteriously don't appear, though, as it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Costume Quest 2 still haven't launched over here, despite having been released in every other region.

The Suikoden games are supposed to release this Wednesday, according to the Playstation Blog. Don't be too surprised if they mysteriously don't appear, though, as it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Costume Quest 2 still haven't launched over here, despite having been released in every other region.

Where did you hear that it was coming out Wednesday? Couldn't find anything on the Playstation Blog.

Where did you hear that it was coming out Wednesday? Couldn't find anything on the Playstation Blog.

It's quite well hidden, but the person who writes the weekly Playstation Store update post replied to a question from a reader in the same thread.

I never did finish FFXII and it stands as the only stain on my otherwise all completed FF record (and Lightning Returns, but I'm getting back to that soon, and the only reason I stopped was because the FFX/-2 remaster came out). Need to pull out my PS2 and finish that bastard some time.

God, the only ones I've completed are VII, X and XII trilogy. I DON'T EVEN LIKE THOSE COMPARED TO OTHERS.

I've beaten 7 through XIII-2, excluding XII, as well as the first game on PSX.

I'd like to go back and actually finish XII, as the only reason I didn't finish the final boss was that I totally ran out of ways to heal before reaching him and ended up at a point of no return. Now that I've beaten Ruby and Emerald, actually finishing XII is one of the last remaining gaming achievements of my childhood that I'd like to tackle.

I mean there's Penance too, but fuck me, who wants to grind that shit out?

With he exception of Lightning Returns and V I think I've played them all at some point. The only ones I have finished are I, VII, VIII, IX & XIII. Although I shouldn't count VII and VIII because I was very young and I may or may not have used an Explorer cartridge along the way <_<

I've finished VII, VIII, IX and X. I've played the ones on SNES with an emulator but I never can play very far because I have computer ADD where I just can't focus on a game online without browsing the net too and then forget I'm playing a game.

Come to think of it, I think X and XIII may be the only ones I ever beat properly...

VII and IX were both "well I've got to the final boss and got whupped seventeen times due to clearly never having done as much grinding as I ought to...that's close enough I think" cases.

XII I gave up halfway through because the battle system was intensely fucking me off.

Others like I, V, VI and VIII I've never really played for more than a couple of hours before being distracted and forgetting about them.

Still yet to play X-2 at all. I have the PS3 HD copy so will do so - but it's almost as though starting X-2 would be admitting defeat in my Dark Aeon pursuits on X. :shifty:

Oh, and Crisis Core. I beat that properly too.

That I can think of, I finished IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X.

XII is the only one I've played "properly" after that, because I've not cared for the franchise since X. That said, while lots of bits of XII didn't "feel like Final Fantasy" to me, and I can't remember a single thing about the plot, I do remember enjoying playing it at the time, and I think I got very near the end and just never got round to completing it.

It was pretty much the only FF game I remember playing where I actually enjoyed the battle system and would rather spend hours grinding and going after specific monsters and whatnot than I enjoyed the story itself. I enjoyed how the monsters would interact with one another - you had fun, but stock RPG stuff like "this monster won't attack you unless you attack it" or "these little guys will heal you if you don't attack them", which was nice, but then when you start to see monsters fighting each other, or the T-Rex thing eating a smaller monster, when you're nowhere near them...that was awesome. It kind of suggests a functioning world with an actual ecosystem, rather than just a list of evil monsters that specifically attack you and no one else for some reason.

I'm missing 2, X-2, 12, and Lightning Returns. I'll probably never do 2. I'm going to pickup the X/X-2 pack eventually, probably soon. Lightning Returns will be picked up if I see it for under $10. 12 needs a rerelease, and is the only one I've not played a minute of.

In my case I was 9 years old and had never played an RPG before, had little idea what I was doing and certainly had no concept of 'grinding.' Suffice to say I was struggling once I'd gotten past the point of no return with Cloud only at level 42 :P