Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never finished it on PS2... Got to whatever the bit is where it's snowy and left it a while. Went back eventually and the disk had stopped working. So it'll be my first time playing it since its initial release.

Was gonna let it sit on my shelf for a bit while I complete some other games but it just arrived at work and damn the special steel book is so cool and shiny, I'm not going to be able to resist when I'm home.

Ooh The FFX/X-2 HD PS4 remaster is out today over here. Mine!

Is it as glorious as I'm hoping it is? Picking it up some point later this month once I actually have money :P

Just been out to get it. It cost me £2.50 after trade ins. I'm at work until 4.30 though :( . I will report back this evening.

It'll be interesting for me since I never bought the PS3 remaster. Last time I played X was on the PS2 version - numerous attempts to replay it after I'd completed it didn't often make it past the opening chapter for some reason. I think I was always distracted by shiny, newer games.

I never got the PS3 remaster either (had an 360) which is the main reason I want to get it. Really enjoyed playing X-2, and never actually played X, so would be nice to have the first half of the story as well :P

I have the remaster on the way. A friend of mine texted me last night and said while it's cleaned up, it's not overly better than what it was on PS2 and PS3. I originally thought it was one of the prettier games on those systems so a little clean up for HD doesn't sound all that bad. He sent me some videos but it's really hard to tell from a video of his television so I'll wait till I have it in my hand to really pass judgement. Either way, it's a FF that I like on Next Gen that I can play.

Good news! I figured out a way for my Warrior to not be useless...duel wield + Advance. Sure, he can't be a tank....but he does a fuckton of damage.

Edit: I really dislike the use of Mini/Toad in this game. I got the Fire Crystal so switched out my party to be a Geomancer, Scholar, Black Mage, and Knight. I can't use the mini spell anymore! Bah!

Edit 2: Got to the Temple of Tides....Kraken WRECKED me. Gonna have to take a few hours to grind.

I beat the Kraken after leveling up twice :D

Now my party is a Dragoon (never changing :shifty:), VIking (I wanna go the double shield + provoke strategy...except he can't equip any of the shields I have?), Bard and Evoker.

I forgot how balls to the wall Final Fantasy X gets when you reach Macalania. The first third of the game is so fucking dull but when things pick up, holy shit do they pick up. I'm about to fight Seymour Mk II and gosh darn am I excited.

• Like 1

I saved Boko in FF Tactics and now random chocobos (including a black one) are appearing in my party. Are they any use or should I dump them?

This is way late but other people might be curious about monsters in Tactics so I'ma answer anyway.

Monsters can lay eggs randomly and give birth to other monsters (which randomly have the level of one of your party members). There are three tiers of monsters from weak to strong, and each monster can hatch a monster within one tier of itself. The three chocobos are Chocobo (yellow), Black Chocobo, and Red Chocobo. So Boco can only give birth to other yellow Chocobos or Black Chocobos, Black Chocobos can hatch any of the three, and Reds can only hatch Blacks or other Reds.

Red Chocobos are interesting because they have the 100% accurate and pretty strong ranged attack Choco Meteor. Black Chocobos can fly. Your character can also ride a Chocobo, but it's not really worth losing a slot in the party just to get a bit more mobility. Other than that, there's not a lot to say about them.

Some monsters get great items via poaching (equipping the ability Secret Hunt/Poach from the Thief class), so it's sometimes worth it to get certain monsters in your party just so you can breed a more powerful one and poach it. A few examples:

Bull Demon/Wisenkin (really?) can eventually hatch a Sacred/Sekhret, which you can poach to get a Holy Lance. It's a lance that casts Holy. Seriously. It's wild.

Uribo/Pig has two great tiers actually. Porky/Swine has the Chantage (permanent Regen/Reraise for a woman when equipped), and Wildbow/Wild Boar has the Ribbon.

Red Dragon (hatched from any dragon) can get Salty Rage/Sortilége, which is permanent Shell/Protect for a woman.

Hydra (PS1)/Greater Hydra comes from the hydra line and can give you Setiemson/Septième, which adds Haste and Invisible for a woman.

Those are probably the best. Most monsters aren't worth having in the party because they can't do crazy shit like CALCULATORS can, but the third-tier Hydra, Tiamat, is really really good and might be worth having around.

• Like 1

I forgot how balls to the wall Final Fantasy X gets when you reach Macalania. The first third of the game is so fucking dull but when things pick up, holy shit do they pick up. I'm about to fight Seymour Mk II and gosh darn am I excited.

The first third of the game is great.

Just about to witness the crusaders getting destroyed by Sin. Also, managed to win the Blitzball game for the first time ever :)

• Like 1